Greatest Mask Design

toatitan

Lessee...I'll always love the original six great masks. So I'll get those out of the way.The Noble Ruru was always one of my favorite designs, even though its power really wasn't my favorite. I mean, I know it's practical in many cases, but there are so many better mask powers. But we're not talking about mask powers, so moving on.Also, the Great Mahiki. Dear God, the Great Mahiki. I friggin' love that thing. Such a simple design, yet so cool at the same time. Reminds me of a Japanese Tokusatsu Superhero. Kanohi Rider Henshin!

• 3 weeks later...

There are certainly a lot of contenders for me, so let's see. I know the Ignika is probably my favorite because of the way they incorporated the Vitruvian Man as its face---just brilliant. Then there's the Crast and Vahi, both of which I've loved since they were first revealed due to their unorthodox designs. The Kadin, the Arthron, the Great Huna, and the Noble Kakama are all pretty good too. And then of course there's the Hau/original Hau Nuva/Lhikan's Hau, all of which are especially great; the Hau for its calm-but-strong heroic look, the Hau Nuva for the way it carried on the feeling of it's predecessor but at the same time looked stronger, and Lhikan's Hau for taking the look of the original Hau and putting a new perspective on it.The Olisi gets points too for being quite creepy looking. >=D

Edited by XyzTheDay!
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The avohkii is by far my favorite. I don't really know why, its just something about it just seems really heroic, awesome, noble. The other masks I am fond of are in no particular order, the kakama, miru, Iden (organic version), Ignika, Olisi, Olmak and Kanohi Rode.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I've always love the ignika.the way it looked was just... awesomemask of time is up there too, along with the hau.and the mask of shadow, and light. the original ones.am i aloud more than one?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I always preferred the machine-like appearance of the 2001 and 2004 masks as opposed to the more organic looking masks of latter years. Out of those, my votes for best design would have to go to the Hau, Akaku, and Kaukau. The Hau is the most iconic, of course, but I love the scopes on the Akaku and the visor on the Kaukau.

BZPRPG

I'm not fond of picking favorites in much of anything, but a mask I've always really admired is the Rockoh T3 edition of Pohatu's Kakama Nuva. It keeps the overall look of the Kakama Nuva while still feeling unique and futuristic.The Kanohi Ignika is also pretty incredible in its 2008 and 2009 forms. The Great Spirit icon just works so well as the shape of its face, and it has plenty of detail without going over-the-top.

• 2 weeks later...

I always loved the Hau and the Great Mahiki. They had a noble, knight-like look to them; very fitting for Toa.

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

the krahkaan. by far my favorite mask. though all the versions of the ignika are pretty neat to. (yes, even vezons)

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...

:hau: + :haunu: For sure. I love the first two adaptations of the hau; they look so heroic, unyielding, and powerful, suitable to represent BIONICLE. The Hau Nuva, in my opinion, is one of the few Nuva masks which represents its original, and the original is awesome, which makes the Nuva version just as awesome.I also like the Avokhii, in all of its versions, being that it also looks heroic and powerful, but a little less stoic.And the Ignika...is super awesome. Tied with the original Hau for best mask, it is definitely one of the best pieces LEGO has ever designed in building action figures. Its Great Spirit icon and ridges around it simply being molded to fit a Metru head makes it amazing. Too bad I only got the Mata-Nui cansiter version though :(.All of the other BIONICLE masks are great though, and I especially like the Mask of Shadows, the Vahi, Pohatu Phantoka's Kakama (looks like a Vahi IMO), Jaller Mahri's mask, Lewa Phantoka's Miru, Turaga Whenua's mask, Nuju Metru's mask, and Lhikan's Hau.~TN:TS~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

• 2 weeks later...

One cannot help but love the simplicity of the Hau. It just carries with it a presence of nobility. If you want a smooth mask, it's the only way to go.But speaking of evoking emotion, the Kraahkan is similarly powerful in its sinister stare. Its two forms of appearance have also long been a favorite feature of mine.So it's really a toss up between the two. But I think I'll have to go with the Kraahkan. Its multiple display options are a huge plus, and it looks good in both of them.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

aaaaaa it's so hard to choooosei'm not sure if it counts as a mask, but the Crest/Crast/Krest/Krast/can't remember how it's spelled THE ONE KRIKA HAS is a very cool head piece thing.the Miru has also been a longtime favorite(especially in teal), the Krahkan is also very intimidating and cool looking. oh and the VNOG style Mask of Life if that counts.gosh i have no clue how to spell Bionicle stuff anymore bluh

overlordsukapon.png

:hau: + :haunu: For sure.
These for nostalgia's sake. Apart from that, I've always liked the cyborg look of Kopaka (nuva) and Toa Nuju's masks. I don't know mask names, sorry :PI guess I'll join in and just say all the Toa Mata masks were cool. I was amazed about how ugly the Toa Nuva masks were in comparison( :kakama: -> kakamanu.gif?) . Or well, just Pohatu, Onua and Lewa's masks. The other ones were cool :)Also :komau:, because since the first time I saw it I liked the combination of a tribal mask on a 'robot'.Do the Bohrak masks count? (I'm a newb)If so, those :P :silver: Yeah, I don't know the Bionicle story line after the Rahkshi that well, so I don't know the masks. I'm sure a lot will get added to the list.

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.