Worst Cartoons You've Seen (TV, Film, etc.)

Fanboy and Chum Chum. That show sucks. It has the most disgusting potty humor that only a bratty eight year old would laugh at. Trust me, when I was eight, that show would've made me not watch TV for a month.American Dad is awful. It seems to be the scrap heap that Seth McFarlane uses for all the ideas that don't make it onto Family Guy. And the scrap heap in case the scrap hear overflows is Cleveland Show. And the scrap heap in case all of that overflows is the brain of whatever moron wrote Bob's Burgers.And the newer seasons of Family Guy aren't too good either.I rank the Foxtoons like this:Great: The SimpsonsOkay: Family GuyBad: American DadUtter Garbage: Cleveland ShowRepulsively Stinky Pile of Garbage: Bob's BurgersAnd then any other show I don't know about.Most of Cartoon Network's shows as well. Regular Show is awful, Adventure Time is horrid, Gumball is baaaaad, Flapjack was rottenly decayed awfulness, and Chowder was the shovel they clean out elephant cages with.On a brighter note, a good cartoon is the new TMNT. I've only seen maybe half of the pilot episode, but it reminded me strongly of the Matrix.EDIT: And then there's that trash called Arthur on Adult Swim. Actually, let me rephrase that-there's that trash called Adult Swim.

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Adventure Time? Nuclear War? waht?
Adventure Time is set in post-apocalyptic Earth. After the whole world got nuked and hit by a giant meteor. Which is why the series and world is so zany and nonsensical. But even then it's all treated very fairly. We get to see the perspectives of some characters after the nuclear apocalypse (Mushroom War, get it?) and it isn't pretty. Though yes, Adventure Time is very much dark.Seriously.There is a lot of death treated fairly realistically. (The last episode had what one can consider the main villain kill and impersonate Finn's biggest hero) and has ridiculous amounts of soulsearchy character development. In one episode they go to a somewhat tame version of that-place-that's-opposite-of-heaven.Adventure Time is amazing really. And if you think it's all stupid you're not thinking about it too hard.
Regular Show is awful, Adventure Time is horrid, Gumball is baaaaad
Wait what.Are you evenHave you ever even watched those shows? Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Well, Tilius..."Where's Jake?""In my pocket." (looks into pocket, and Jake turns around and farts)Then there's that messed up Crystal Treetrunks episode...I don't want to relive the rest, seriously. But there's more.
Thatdoesn't even come close to being perverse? As in, at all?Seriously.I'd expect you to complain about Daddy's Little Monster or The Hard Easy or BMO Noire, but It Came from the Nightosphere and Crystals Have Power are very tame episodes.

AXKP5KC.png

I think I stopped watching before the episodes you expected me to complain about.I actually watch Family Guy on occasion, but Adventure Time takes that stuff and markets it as a kids show. Plus the fact that fantasy characters are doing that stuff is irritating.
Wait so a dog faintly farting at the end of a great episode and Tree Trunks going crazy and wanting to make Finn her sexy crystal king is "so bad?" I mean okay yes, that last part does sound pretty odd, but it doesn't compare with her future apperances, specifically Dream of Love, in which she spends the entire episode making out with a pig. (Which is, by the way, hilarious).It's not a kid's show. It's a show, first and foremost. The fact that it is primarily aimed at kids shouldn't restrict its creative direction, because the stuff kids won't understand is included purposedfully. Any show that can realistically talk about pregnancy and death and loss and etcetera while still being fun and ridiculous is a good show by my standards.Though really. If you complain about such inconsequential things like that I wonder how you would respond to Lady & Peebles? That stuff is seriosuly dark. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

If you mean dark tone as in murderously violent and all that, I don't mind that kind of thing. (I watch movies and shows like that all the time, and they're great.) I also don't mind the occasional potty or sexual joke.I just don't like the mixing of the latter with fantasy shows. I find it strange. But as we've all been saying throughout topics like this, that's just an opinion.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

:kaukau: Avatar.Naw, I'm just jossing you. Although the movie by that name liked to pass itself as seemless live-action when the CG looked to be video game quality to me. That, and the story was bland. Just putting that out there.Anyway, regarding actual animation...I am no fan of Johnny Test, being a form of farce comedy that I find distasteful, but what really got at me back in the day was Spongebob Squarepants. There was only one good episode (The Bubble Bowl) and otherwise it was the epitome of stupidity. I have good friends who like it. I respectfully distinguish my tastes from theirs.Meanwhile, Jimmy Neutron was also horrendous, and I'll go with the flow and agree with what others here have to say about Cartoon Network in general, although I like stuff that uses their classic characters like Bugs Bunny.

I thought that there might still be hope for Cartoon Network when "Sym-Bionic Titan" came around. Then they cancelled it so that they could air jewels like "The Problem Solverz" and "The Amazing World of Gumball".*facepalm*I also have to agree with Jean, the humor of Spongebob Squarepants was just grotesque. The worst part was that, whenever my friends roped me into watching it, I'd get this terrible empty-headed feeling that wouldn't go away for hours. :(

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Yes, I have watched those Cartoon Network shows. I disagree that they are perverse, though. I love Simpsons, so sexual jokes in cartoons are hilarious to me. I just find them stupid. Maybe Adventure Time isn't horrid, but I would say it is mediocre at best. Regular Show and Gumball are just moronic. Oh, and Jimmy Neutron sucks, as well as Fairly OddParents. I hate those shows. As for Spongebob, it was good pre-movie, and the occasional episode now. Just like the Simpsons, the quality declined, but where Simpsons went from 10 to maybe a 9, Spongebob went from 9 to 4. I did see a recent Spongebob episode that had me laughing when Patrick immediately starting chewing on a shelf of valuables Spongebob just told him not to touch. Normally that wouldn't be funny, but the animation and the look on Patrick's face make the joke.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I thought that there might still be hope for Cartoon Network when "Sym-Bionic Titan" came around. Then they cancelled it so that they could air jewels like "The Problem Solverz" and "The Amazing World of Gumball".*facepalm*I also have to agree with Jean, the humor of Spongebob Squarepants was just grotesque. The worst part was that, whenever my friends roped me into watching it, I'd get this terrible empty-headed feeling that wouldn't go away for hours. :(
not to mention that generator rex seems to have no hope of a return....the only sponge bob I can actually enoy is the marching band one. (heh, band humor) the other ones are just okay, or just plain bad.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

And I haven't seen the Crystal Tree Trunks episode, but from the synopsis I found it seems that there's some cross-dressing. Are you honestly calling cross-dressing perverse? Seriously? Honestly? In a world of war and murder and such like, you think someone dressing as the opposite sex is perverse? I'd like to say you're entitled to your opinion, but there are some instances where you aren't, and this is one of them. I know your parents might have told you you should think that, but you need to start forming your own opinions and thinking for yourself. If you honestly believe that then, well, your condition is far worse than I thought. Sounds like a nasty case of an overly sheltered childhood and a warped idea of the world passed down to you by the bigots of the previous generation. Not good.- Tilius
The crossdressing is in the episode Tree Trunks. I think he meant her second episode, Crystals Have Power. (In which Tree Trunks is a crazy crystal magical elephant who controls a bunch of crystal warriors because they're in love with her and she wants Finn to be her sexy crystal king so he kidnaps him and etcetera) That being said, I wouldn't doubt he also found TT perverse as well, and I agree with you.It's certainly not the last occurence of crossdressing in Adventure Time.
I just don't like the mixing of the latter with fantasy shows. I find it strange. But as we've all been saying throughout topics like this, that's just an opinion.
I really don't get why the fantasy setting is such a problem to you. It's a comedy show first and foremost. It utilizes all kinds of humor, stooping both low into potty humor and high above the target audience's head. I'm not saying that that's all perfect. I could do with most of the toilet humor (with some exceptions, such as the bananas in Daddy's Little Monster), and perhaps the sexual undertones can go a bit too far for the demographic to even begin to comprehend (ie Lady & Peebles), but I don't see how the softcore fantasy setting in particular invalidates everything about the show.I don't care if people have different opinions about things like Adventure Time, but I will always strongly object to claims that the show is utterly unintelligent or overly perverse or lacking a plot, because that is superficial nonsense of the highest degree. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

• 3 weeks later...

This animated movie from somewhere in Southeast Asia (I believe Indonesia). It's called Beauty and Warrior. The story makes no sense, the protagonist is stupid

His evil twin brother fights him for his magic sword, and even though the protagonist wins, HE HANDS THE SWORD OVER ANYWAY, lets his brother go off to do evil things, and then vows to stop him...wut.

, there were only like, two voice actors (one male and one female. That's it.), stock footage was overused, and the animation was terrible.Though if you like to schedule bad movie nights/run a bad movie club at your school/whatever, I'd definitely recommend this movie.

Edited by Shinken Green

Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles was one of the most grueling endurance tests I have ever seen. Even without my love of Genesis Climber MOSPEADA and SDF Macross already souring me to Robotech, this is a terrible movie. It fails even as a mindless giant robot action romp. It also resolves literally none of its plot.None of it. Good writing? What's that?If we're including anime in the 'cartoons' thing, Mars of Destruction is simply the worst thing I have ever seen. There is literally nothing good about it. It's only 20 minutes long but they are 20 minutes of pure agony to sit through.

hElbrZ6.gif

Family Guy, hands down. Along with the clones of that show that the creators of Family Guy put out. For something that touts itself as a comedy, I have never seen anything remotely funny in any of those shows. It seems that the people who made completely forgot what humor was a long time ago and now mistakenly believes that shocking and disgusting stuff is funny.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, right at 30 days. Ok, the cartoons that I hate are the cartoons that are just about yelling, grossness, and stupid jokes.
fanboyandchumchum.aviAlso, Warner Bros.'s MAD series.It doesn't deserve to bear the same name as the (teenager/adult-aimed) parody magazine.And Super Duper Sumos.And Sonic Underground.And the majority of Captain Planet (except for the AIDS episode).

Diploma_dope.jpg

GROUNDER! PLAY MY VICTORY TUNE!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3763-3800 (Matthew)

Oh god I forgot Super Duper Sumos existed.Now I have to watch it again.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I really don't see why everybody likes Adventure Time. Probably for the fanfics. :P lol
Two things.Simon Petrikov and Bubbline. And also the fact that that cartoon is actually really deep, has great character development, and effectively no censor.But mostly those two.People like tragedy. And lesbians.

AXKP5KC.png

The thing that I hate about Adventure Time is how it tries to make a joke or humorous scene, when really, it just turns out weird. Like the episode where Princess Bubblegum first turns back to a 13 year old. The snail at the end was just stupid. (Yes, I know it showed up earlier in the episode.)Also, these are kids who are watching. Don't show how a person experiences extreme heartbreak (like Finn did).

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

The thing that I hate about Adventure Time is how it tries to make a joke or humorous scene, when really, it just turns out weird. Like the episode where Princess Bubblegum first turns back to a 13 year old. The snail at the end was just stupid. (Yes, I know it showed up earlier in the episode.)Also, these are kids who are watching. Don't show how a person experiences extreme heartbreak (like Finn did).
Actually, that snail is being possessed by the Big Bad. He returns later and kills some dudes. (Which makes Finn sad) That scene at the end is pivotal. So I don't really get what you're saying. Adventure Time shouldn't further its plot? The second thing is a really silly complaint tbh. Dumbing things down is, well, dumb.

AXKP5KC.png

Basically any new cartoon from 2001 and up. The Foxtoons are a joke. CN and Nick are the dumps of the universe.Where's the old Scooby Doo? Ed, Edd, and Eddy? Courage the Cowardly Dog?Those shows were BEAST.
two acronyms: AtLA. LoK.I also love GenRex. but I probably won't get much support on that one.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Really?I get that CN has had some decent shows in the past, but Scooby Doo, really?I'm just going to be honest and say that Scooby Do was lame.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

I'm almost glad I don't watch cartoons, but even just 10 years ago, there was some awful stuff on TV.Jimmy Neutron for example. And when the Dragon Ball series make Goku into a little kid. And the later series of Pokemon. And Beyblade. And this Spiderman show where all the characters were hateful. And Scooby Bloody Doo. S###### Doo is the worst character in existence.But worst of all? Power Rangers. And it's still going.

Annoying Orange. The series on the forbidden site is much better than the stuff they put on TV. Probably because they're afraid that anything anthromorphic, even fruit, getting knifed would be too graphic.
Are you serious.Every episode of the Annoying Orange features at least some of the fruits getting graphically murdered.Not that that makes it a good show. I think it's terrible, but not for that reason. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Christ, there's a show called Full English being aired in Britain right about now. It's intentions are, without the slightest hint of a lie, to present British opposition to the animated giants of The Simpsons and Family Guy. I watched it for a bit and then had to turn it off because it was just so cringe worthy. If there's the one thing the British can't do, it's shock humour. It was being controversial purely for the sake of being controversial, not to offer any kind of subtext or social commentary. No, they just had the ghost of Princess Diana punching the ghost of Jade Goody. I wasn't offended by the grossly inconsiderate content, I was offended by the way they seemed to expect me to find this hilarious. That and exploding planes don't make for good comedy.That wasn't even the worst part. They weren't trying to hide the fact they wanted to be Family Guy. The character archetypes were exactly the same and the animation showed a wannabe "me too" element to it. It didn't look warm or amusing, it was just scratchy and lacklustre. Then there's the voices. Well, there's nothing to comment on because everyone was so bland and unmemorable, with perhaps the exception of Richard Ayoade from the legendary The IT Crowd. What he was doing in this trite is beyond me, but what the producers didn't seem to realise is that Richard isn't famed for his whiny voice. So why they'd hire him for voice acting is far, far beyond me.So frankly, this has to be among the worst cartoons I've seen. A shameful attempt and absolute proof that it's not just American translations of popular British shows that fall flat on their face. The British can mess things up just as bad.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Annoying Orange. The series on the forbidden site is much better than the stuff they put on TV. Probably because they're afraid that anything anthromorphic, even fruit, getting knifed would be too graphic.
Are you serious.Every episode of the Annoying Orange features at least some of the fruits getting graphically murdered.Not that that makes it a good show. I think it's terrible, but not for that reason.
Well, yeah, but in the transition from forbidden site videos to TV series kind of lost what made the original good in the first place.

aouROFb.png