Little things you like about BZPower

CeeCee

I like that it's easy to converse, well-moderated, and that everyone has common interests. It makes it easy to get along and stay on topic.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think what I really like most is that pretty much all of the members are more or less open for interaction. In other words, if I pm someone, I always get a reply of some sorts, and usually there's still plenty of conversation. Yes, in some cases it lasts longer than in others, but it's the thought that counts. :)And that BZPower is a safe and child-friendly place. My second most favourite thing about this site, really. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I like the familiarity of everybody, if I scroll through a topic it's unlikely I'll see a sig or Avatar thats unfamiliar, and when I do, I notice and it becomes familiar. There's always somebody to break things up as well, if somethings getting close to an argument, there's always staff on hand.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

A little thing about BZP that I like, maybe taking the 'little' to heart a bit too much, is this topic, actually. It's all happy and positive, it makes me smile =)

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I like the little differences. Like how you call a quarter pounder with cheese a 'royal with cheese'. And a Big Mac is Le Big Mac.Erm...I mean.I like how we've got rock solid rules with no misconceptions, but the mods aren't stone cold hardcases. I like the library forum, and all the real nice folk in there. I also quite like contests. Mostly library ones. :P I like watching the other ones.

exo-toa_battle.jpg

It's funny how so many people are listing things that are actually not that "little". :PI do like quite a few things - the (fairly) clean look of the site, the friendliness of other members, etc. But I think the things I'd consider "small" - buttons, in-forum navigation, and such - are not anything that make me like BZP in particular. The "load more topics" button in forums is nice, I guess.Also, I'd like to note that not only is the "closeness of the community" a large concept (not some little thing!), I rarely feel or see anything like that here. It's just smaller, not necessarily closer, on BZP now.~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r::~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy the community aspect these days. The occasional new member (or old member coming back) dropping in and staying is always welcome, while at the same time the people that stay I've gotten to know better. I've been far more active on the community side of things on the new forums than I ever was before the Downtime, although to be honest that's just a bit of a radical (and forced) bit of lifestyle change for me all around irl too.Anyway yeah, I also like how we members can so easily set up things like Minecraft competitions and stuff like that.-ibrow

• 3 weeks later...

The people. Some of them can be irritating and rude, but then you meet those people who are great and understanding. Unfortunately, that seems like a minority these days...

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

The people. Some of them can be irritating and rude, but then you meet those people who are great and understanding. Unfortunately, that seems like a minority these days...
Really? I often find most people on BZPower really friendly and well mannered.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Then we are the great and understanding people then. :P Right? It's understandable, though. Even the most well mannered and friendly can get irritating every once in a while...:yes:

Then we are the great and understanding people then. :P Right?It's understandable, though. Even the most well mannered and friendly can get irritating every once in a while... :yes:
I would hope not. I cant imagine being annoyed with some one who is trying to be friendly. I guess some people might. I think I only get annoyed when it seems false.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Then we are the great and understanding people then. :P Right?It's understandable, though. Even the most well mannered and friendly can get irritating every once in a while... :yes:
I would hope not. I cant imagine being annoyed with some one who is trying to be friendly. I guess some people might. I think I only get annoyed when it seems false.
Then you are fortunate. Best to keep it that way. :)

Then you are fortunate. Best to keep it that way. :)
Agree'd

I love the staff and everything they're doing behind the scenes to keep this thing up and running and to keep us all together as a community.And basically everyone I've ever met here and some whom I've even had the pleasure of meeting in real life. Nothing beats that. :sunglasses: SUBMITOBEYTHE STAFF ARE ALWAYS RIGHT

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

I like how BZPower's history as a Bionicle fansite makes for a unique experience of other themes. The majority of AFOL sites I visit scoff at Hero Factory and sometimes don't even take Ninjago seriously. But BZPower usually pays more attention to themes other sites ridicule, especially themes with similarities to Bionicle: constraction themes and story themes in particular. Within these themes, BZPower also gives more credit to the media that convey the themes' stories, whereas many other Lego fansites view them simply as a means to an end, that end being new sets or parts.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother