X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

Except Romulus founded Rome, and we know that Rome's history went King > Republic > Emperor.

Even Shakespeare knew that.

So no, it's really not ambiguous enough, because if this is Romulus, founder of Rome, he'd have been a King.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

At first yes. But he lived for tens of thousands of years. Might have spent time as Emperor.

Did spend time as an Emperor.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Well, technically, the first Emporor was Augustus.

A: Who doesn't know this?

B: When did I imply he wasn't?

C: Are you just trying to help or something, because you're just confusing sometimes.

EDIT: He spent time as a werewolf, and the thought that he would have come back to be an Emperor in such a crazy country is a really weird thought.

Especially in this universe.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

Considering Rome's legacy is largely Imperial and it is known for it's emperors....and that is the legacy he is attempting to rebuild...

I'm going with the cool sounding one. He might have been called King once, but in the modern day...

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Or, here's an idea. Romulus existed throughout all eras of Rome's history. Though he ruled as a king, there is a good chance that he would refer to the position using the last known term. Emperor.

Problem solved, timestream repaired.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Okay I'm finally (hopefully) back. This RP moves so fast...Anyway, I'm sorry for dropping in and out so many times but with the fact this RP is so popular and is currently 400+ I've been confused at what has been going. So...What has happened so far, anything important about te X-Men, Brotherhood and SHIELD?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

President is dead. Romulus was a clone who has just been offed by the real Romulus. The Hellfire Club is having security problems...

SHIELD is still dead in the sky from what I know.

Magic Users are gathering in the Bay Area.

.....And uh....Anyone else got anything?

....I missed the murder of the president? Jeez I've been gone for too long XDSo SHIELD is still immobile huh? That sucks...Magic Users? Is this a new group?

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Alright then. Anyway, I assume the X-Men are all at the mansion? Or are they on a mission right now or something?

Oh, and Quicksilver got assassinated. The Brotherhood is evacuating Genosha before they all get crushed by two US Navy carrier groups.

Two?

Since when do we use underkill?

Beast survived an assassination attempt, but the assassin managed to finish the job.Seven then. :)

Darn right. I want this to make D-Day look like a warm-up exercise.

......I miss all the good stuf....So where's the brother hood and whose leaded them now?

......I miss all the good stuf....So where's the brother hood and whose leaded them now?

The Brotherhood will be arriving at their new base as soon as I post. And they have no real leader as of now, but Abraham has become the de facto leader.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Alright then, thanks for the help guys.

Attention everyone with an X-Men character! Got a plot in the works, going to be getting it going soon, and could do with some volunteers. Got an X-Man (or X-Woman, we have no prejudices here!) you think you've been under utilising? Just get them outside the mansion on the front lawn and they will get swept up in a whimsical tale derring-do. Don't delay!

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I was just about to jump in feet first...

When I realized something.

Does this plot involve kidnapping, assault, or any of the like?

In this RPG?

All of the above.

I think I would like to get Silver and Walter in on this even though they are not actually X-Men. I'm not so sure about Spirit, I've kind of got writers block with him.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Not really. Just a bunch of magic-based characters gathering together.

And there's more than enough people there now. No, really.

Attention everyone with an X-Men character! Got a plot in the works, going to be getting it going soon, and could do with some volunteers. Got an X-Man (or X-Woman, we have no prejudices here!) you think you've been under utilising? Just get them outside the mansion on the front lawn and they will get swept up in a whimsical tale derring-do. Don't delay!

Hmm. Maybe I should join in this.

profiles i guess

Are there any active Enforcer characters? In anticipation of stronger mutant-control legislation (thanks to recent events) I'd like to make a start up a little team to constructively tackle violations of said legislation. :3

Morning Star. I haven't posted as it but its charging on the lowest sublevel of the Enforcer base.