what bionicle would you like re-released?

Guest lewanuva132

Mainly the Bohrok, Visorak, Skrall, Vorox and Fero/Skirmix.

But in reality I just want Bionicle as a past toyline re-released. #brokenrecord

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

ALL OF THEM!!!

OK, nevermind. If I were to choose one, I would say Manas. I never got them, and wish I had them. Aside from that, any other 2001 things, Mutran & Vican, Makuta, and Icarax. I could also use Nocturn right now...

Edited by ~garnira returns~

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

• 2 weeks later...

None. Lego couldn't rerelease them accurately seeing as many of the parts and some of the colors have been put out of production, and it would be a bad idea to put those back into production seeing as many would use the old, fragile joints. Hypothetically, Lego could remold those parts with the new ball joint, but that'd be bad business sense seeing as the set would be unlikely to recoup the cost of new molds. So we'd be more likely to see an inauthentic rerelease like many of the Lego Legends sets of old, but a thousand times worse. Rereleases just aren't practical this late in the game. If we were to see any sort of tribute to Bionicle released, I'd want it to be something new, that wouldn't suffer from these issues.

Just HOW are the old ball joints 'fragile', may I ask? From personal experience of trashing pieces, a miniscule amount (like, two) Mata-style connectors (the kind that used to be used for hands and shoulders, etc) have ever broken. Even less of the Metru connectors with a peg hole in the middle. The only ones that could be perceivable called 'fragile' were the sets from the Inika onwards, since those actually DO have easily breakable connection joins. But other than that, 2001-4 were made of pretty solid stuff. It takes real effort to break those.Anyway, on the topic itself...I would say the Makuta if it was only one. Either as he is is fine, but a redesign by modern standards would also be acceptable provided he still looked the same. Perhaps a movie-style (REAL movie-style) Kraahkan would be nice if it were re-released.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

• 2 weeks later...

If we're talking a re-release where the sets are exactly the same as they were before, then yeah, 2001-2003 would be great years to do that with. While I was old enough at the time to get many of those sets, naturally I didn't and would love to get my hands on them now. In addition, those sets are getting pretty rare these days. Finding an unopened Toa Mata or Bohrok is darn near impossible.If we're talking about a re-release where the sets are updated, I would love to see the 2008 Toa Nuva redone with their old colors and likeness, but still retain the air and swamp features of their adaptive armor.

Edited by ankyfdarkness

silverbladebanner.jpg

As an exact re-release? Hard to say. BIONICLE sets were naturally characterized by using BIONICLE parts. A re-release would require putting a number of parts back into production, and most BIONICLE parts that would have a lot of applications in other sets were not taken out of production in the first place. And it's not like I need any more obsolete or overspecialized parts in my collection. Rahi like the Fikou or other small sets like Turaga might be possible, but would certainly be underwhelming. And even looking at it from a purely sentimental angle, most sets I really love are ones I already own.As a re-imagination/tribute to an old set? Tahu, hands down. He is emblematic of the BIONICLE franchise as a whole, has a bright, appealing color that would lure in new fans, and just plain looks cool. Ideally, he'd be depicted roughly as he appeared in 2001 or 2010, but re-imagined to use the Hero Factory building system, and would use some new parts designed for that building system which lend him some of that framework-like, detailed BIONICLE flair that could not quite be achieved with regular Hero Factory building elements.

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon that the Toa Mahri sets or the Toa Inika would be best, not just because Matoro and Kongu (Toa Mahri) are my favorite BIONICLES, but also because I like the storyline that revolves around those six Toa/Matoran the best.

THE DOWNFALL OF BIONICLE BEGAN WITH THE PHANTOKA!

$IRIU$

• 2 weeks later...

i'd love to have the 2001 and 2002 sets back, mask/krana packs and everything.

if we're talking about an updated release, the Exo-Toa would be fun, seeing as it would likely be a lot bigger and more flexible. '03 Makuta would be neat as well, and not just for a much-needed size increase--HF armoring would work really well for him.

The toa from 2001-2004 in a box set, the rahi and vilians in two differnt box sets, and the rakshi as one big box set with a kratta pack. :D And they must have the first kind of ball joints.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Personally, I'd really like to see a re-release of either Tahu Mata or Vakama Metru. Both are amazing sets.

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking every set from 2001-2003.

I would love to see them on the shelves again. It would also be pretty cool if we could see more McToran... (Like ALL the ones from MNOG.) I feel like Lego could have made some serious dough off of them.

Edited by Trydeltix
Bliss.png