BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

B-But it's nowhere as niche as Skyrim :^)

Niche? NICHE?

Let me tell you something mister, I may be American in citizenship, but I am a proud Dane at heart, and calling a game based on Norse culture niche just... it just makes me want to

DESTROY THE WORLD!

Ahem. My bad.

Back on topic, did I ever say Japan exclusively? I said Asia. While, yeah, I did sort of mean Japan, I also kinda sort of meant all the other Asia countries, like India, for instance, though that's not really a great example.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Well Kentoku is basically Bionicle Japan with the tiniest dash of the Hindu caste system except so much less restrictive.

I mean yeah you can say Asia if you want but Kentoku's Japan.

Also pop culture Asia is basically super kungfu stuff going on up the wazoo.

Edited by Purple God

Well, those are reasons I don't want to play a Dasaka. If the Kalta were to somehow end up in Kentoku, it would be fun: Vakua's frustration with communication, Casanuva going stir-crazy from lack of material to magnetize, Kalyss being awesome and getting stuff done, etc.

Not to mention how dangerous certain elements would be: Vakua can't talk to you, but he can still chain vibrations together, shattering all that nice crystal. Vakua using any allied Dasaka's crystal as focii for chaining attacks was something I wanted to go into with his contact with the expedition.

The times, they are a-changing...

If you don't like the caste system, make some rebels and starting row row fighting the power IC.

My lack of gameplay is pretty much just due to the confusion a single topic creates and a sort of continuity lockout, it's like being new to the whole game again. Which is a confusing, albeit temporary predicament.

Also, not enough average joes. This is probably due to the lower playerbase, but it seems more characters in Dasaka are high up fancy people compared to mata-nui. I don't really like too many of those in ratio to average joe characters. The solution to this is similar to the caste situation, if I want to see change I'll have to start making average joe PCs.

...but close to it

Things to do for average joes on Kentoku:

1. Climb a mountain (which I'm waiting on Lorax for)

2. Mock people's vacationing habits.

3. Complain about work.

Those aren't "average" joes though. IIRC, those were Menti-Menti interactions (unless I somehow missed "complain about work")

It's like the same problem on Mata Nui where over half the PCs are Toa, except even more exacerbated when the caste system is taken into account, since most of the "Toa" here are equivalent to nobility or knights.

Personally, I ate Kentoku up because I absolutely dig its culture, the grey-and-gray overtones, and because PSYCHIC POWERZ, but it does have its own set of problems from an RPing standpoint, which everybody here previously pointed out. The one location topic in particular might be a bit of an issue; should we divide it up into the individual islands?

(Have to post as Saihoko sisters ;_; )

(Really have to post as Kwaiya ;_; ;_; )

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 1

What would get you to play (or more likely to play) more in the Kentoku location?

Archive binge. Too much background, not enough time.

Also, not enough average joes. This is probably due to the lower playerbase, but it seems more characters in Dasaka are high up fancy people compared to mata-nui. I don't really like too many of those in ratio to average joe characters. The solution to this is similar to the caste situation, if I want to see change I'll have to start making average joe PCs.

That would probably be because people enjoy being able to influence events, I suspect.

:w:

More Taajar characters, honestly.

Hint Hint

In other news, playing a dasaka will be quite a change. I'm starting with a Taajar* because they seemed to have slightly more freedom than others. As for the location topics, maybe there just isn't enough activity for that...which raises another question: Is the combined area of all the islets in the Archipelago similar in size to the area of Mata-Nui?

*Hintedy-hint-hint-hint. I need to stop.
Edited by Sil

Kathok

It's been a while, but in Kini-Nui, anyone in the group that wants vault loot should arrange to get it. It might smooth things over if there is an OOC reason to get it.

It's funny, cuz I had no intention of getting Vault Loot when I sent The Heretic down there. I didn't even expect us to make it as far as we did. I was sure the staff would send something to kill us or chase us off, but the only one who got beaten up in the end was Skorm. 

I love it when things don't go as expected. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Anitdermis is the best. It got me a Rahkshi for Lash and a new hand for Dayeth. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hint Hint

In other news, playing a dasaka will be quite a change. I'm starting with a Taajar* because they seemed to have slightly more freedom than others. As for the location topics, maybe there just isn't enough activity for that...which raises another question: Is the combined area of all the islets in the Archipelago similar in size to the area of Mata-Nui?

*Hintedy-hint-hint-hint. I need to stop.

Out of curiosity, how are you going to sync "hateful of the Empire" and "loyal to the head clan?"

I would actually argue that the Taajar have less freedom than most imperials--they don't get involved in the political game, sure, but prejudices make it very hard for them to have a say in anything without "overstepping their bounds" so to speak.  That's part of the reason I would like for there to be more Taajar characters; it's hard for Hatchi to talk to anyone who isn't Taajar unless zie's making a business deal.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

Rm7yy.gif 5ZCxv.gif BsmAY.gif Fg6i2.gif XdRcW.gif R4KHt.gif HIAEQ.gif YvuFW.gif  W5NHW.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

They can hate the Empire all they want. But any hint of rebellion, or abandoning neutrality, then the head clan shall either declare them Un-Taajar,  and make them un-persons. Or destroy them for treason. All of them*.

*Minus children. Children are taken to be raised by the other clans.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

They can hate the Empire all they want. But any hint of rebellion, or abandoning neutrality, then the head clan shall either declare them Un-Taajar,  and make them un-persons. Or destroy them for treason. All of them*.

*Minus children. Children are taken to be raised by the other clans.

Good for them, I guess. =P

I wonder, since Ohkrinok an ultra-traditional clan, they would probably train Koshi Zrupgar, wouldn't they?

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

Rm7yy.gif 5ZCxv.gif BsmAY.gif Fg6i2.gif XdRcW.gif R4KHt.gif HIAEQ.gif YvuFW.gif  W5NHW.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Recently had an interesting idea for a Dasaka character. Scrapped it due to the fact that the character would have to be male.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Genderbent Charlemange.

"He was heavily built, sturdy, and of considerable stature, although not exceptionally so, since his height was seven times the length of his own foot. He had a round head, large and lively eyes, a slightly larger nose than usual, white but still attractive hair, a bright and cheerful expression, a short and fat neck, and he enjoyed good health, except for the fevers that affected him in the last few years of his life. Toward the end, he dragged one leg. Even then, he stubbornly did what he wanted and refused to listen to doctors, indeed he detested them, because they wanted to persuade him to stop eating roast meat, as was his wont, and to be content with boiled meat."

"He used to wear the national, that is to say, the Frank, dress—next his skin a linen shirt and linen breeches, and above these a tunic fringed with silk; while hose fastened by bands covered his lower limbs, and shoes his feet, and he protected his shoulders and chest in winter by a close-fitting coat of otter or marten skins."

"He despised foreign costumes, however handsome, and never allowed himself to be robed in them, except twice in Rome, when he donned the Roman tunic, chlamys, and shoes; the first time at the request of Pope Hadrian, the second to gratify Leo, Hadrian's successor."

Edited by Purple God

Recently had an interesting idea for a Dasaka character. Scrapped it due to the fact that the character would have to be male.

Why would it -have- to be?

Backstory purposes.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I net my gs and ns mixed up quite frequegtly

Also, if anyone wants to hang out in Po. I got a character near/in Forsi.

Planning to head up the northeastern peninsula of Po-Wahi, sightsee at Blackrock and check out the island off the peninsula's tip.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it