BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I had a few characters retreat from Ko and head to Ga. They mentioned to a few people that Ko had come under attack, but that information didn't seem to get spread around too much. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

No, but you also don't go around yelling it at the top of your lungs without some fact checking. Most of the koros only know that Ko was asking for help.

Unless some refugees showed up in the koro or somebody made an official statement not many people are going to know anything past "Ko-koro got attacked" just yet.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yes, because the fall of a major settlement is the kind of thing people in power on Mata Nui keep to themselves. Look at it this way: let's say you have merchant A, about to disembark to Ko-Wahi to sell their goods. I don't think the guards are just going to let them go.

...but someone is deliberately spreading the news.

In-game, Ko-Koro's fall is not yet occurring in the past. It is happening, metaphorically, as characters speak. No character that has left Ko (unless bearing a Kakama or Kualsi) will have arrived in time to tell people yet.

Messengers were sent, yes. To the Akiri and to the Maru. These facts are not known to the populace. Such an event will cause massive amounts of worry and anxiety among the populace, and indeed the Akiri don't yet know (with the exception of Jaller) that Ko has fallen. People in Ta-Koro will be getting an idea of what's up because they're accepting refugees, but the other Koros don't have that information. Nor are the Akiri likely to be spreading it around. They'll tell the people they need to know, talk to advisers, and then they'll make a public statement when they are sure of both the information and the response.

And with how long travel takes, it will not be widespread until after the Ko-Wahi timeskip.  ;)

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

We haven't exactly kept it secret that people don't know. There is a reason most people aren't talking about it, otherwise they would just seem to be apathetic. If it's not something that can easily be retconned, I would simply lay off it a bit until the timeskip occurs, at which point they'll be able to easily know.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

A lot of the koros have their own problems I would assume, and individual people with jobs and such can't just walk away from their personal jazz. For example, Le isn't exactly in a hot spot right now. There's evil all over the island in every corner, so it's hard to say any koro would be extremely willing to give up their own defenses completely for another. They might provide assistance and refuge, but I imagine their number one priorities are their own survival.

Also, what about the citizens of Ko? What happened to them, are they now imprisoned/enslaved/conquered by the Mangaia Pact (which has assumed control over the koro, right?) and being ruled over, or have most of them escaped for refuge elsewhere?

A lot of the koros have their own problems I would assume, and individual people with jobs and such can't just walk away from their personal jazz. For example, Le isn't exactly in a hot spot right now. There's evil all over the island in every corner, so it's hard to say any koro would be extremely willing to give up their own defenses completely for another. They might provide assistance and refuge, but I imagine their number one priorities are their own survival.

Also, what about the citizens of Ko? What happened to them, are they now imprisoned/enslaved/conquered by the Mangaia Pact (which has assumed control over the koro, right?) and being ruled over, or have most of them escaped for refuge elsewhere?

Many escaped to greener pastures in Ta-Koro, Ihu-Koro and (I assume) The Massif. Many more are under house imprisonment or otherwise trapped inside the city itself. As for their fate, well...The Brotherhood has codes for slavery, and will be bringing in the tools of conversion. The Legacy, I think, will take similar actions.  :evilgrin:   

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Wait, I thought the timeline was something like;

>Battle of Ko begins monday

>Time inside Ko-Koro, still monday or tuesday

>Time outside Ko-Koro, anywhere from wednesday to next week

Which falls more in line with Ghost's timeskip reasoning and explains why people outside know, seeing as how Ko is in the past so to speak, and has to timeskip to catch up with the present-day locales, where news has spread out over time.

...but close to it

It's a timeskip Ghost will write that will return Ko to the same timeline as the rest of the game.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Not really. There's been a few players posting from there for a week or two now, I think. 

It's a smaller settlement up on the slopes of Mount Ihu, I believe. 

There are a number of smaller villages in amongst the location topics. I think they tend to be overlooked because not as many players visit them to interact. There's Pala-Koro in Le-Wahi, the port town of Forsi in Po-Koro, and a few others in other places. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Aside from a few remarks that can be retconned, I think the Kalta (and their allies) are OK proceeding for now, given that:

1) they were going to Ko-Koro anyway, since between them they have been to every major Koro except Ko- and are searching for the rest of the team

2) Casanuva has explicitly made clear that he doesn't know how the battle resolved, and that is what gives him trepidation. If I proceeded after the timeskip, it would just be weird given that he is in the midst of talking to someone, then the available information changes so his information would be obsolete.

The times, they are a-changing...

Wait, I thought the timeline was something like;

>Battle of Ko begins monday

>Time inside Ko-Koro, still monday or tuesday

>Time outside Ko-Koro, anywhere from wednesday to next week

Which falls more in line with Ghost's timeskip reasoning and explains why people outside know, seeing as how Ko is in the past so to speak, and has to timeskip to catch up with the present-day locales, where news has spread out over time.

It's a little of both; the time outside of Ko-Koro could be almost anything, but Ko-Koro being (for the moment) a defined point means that we have to apply logic to specific points to ensure that things stay consistent. We explicitly stated that BZTime would not apply to people moving to Ko-Koro to prevent instant reinforcements, and as a result, we have to assume much the same for the people leaving it to tell people about Ko-Koro. 

After all, it doesn't make sense for the battle to have lasted less than the time needed for people to go to another village and for people in those villages to somehow know an attack happened. :P

Ta-Koro and Ihu-Koro, of course, being clear exceptions due to refugees and proximity.

Unrelated question: How long ago were the Makuta Wars IC?

We don't really have a solid number, as the timeskips involved did not have specific numbers attached for their duration. You can assume that it was probably a year to a year and a half ago. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

You know, I have to say I'm glad that whenever I may leave for good, I'll have at least left something to remember me by. It warms the cold, shrivelled organ I call a heart to see my term being used in common parlance. ^_^

More on topic, what is the political situation for our band of unlikely allies?

:w:

Most of the time it's just native Rahi. If you have a specific query, feel free to direct it to staff. Any Rahi noted to have transitioned from Metru Nui to Mata Nui, however, is pretty much fair game.

fK5oqYf.jpg