BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

The telegram system is being made, so as of yet it's non-existant. (Correct me if I'm wrong, people making telegram system)

As for radios, I don't know of any that aren't in Po-Koro, the one they've set up is rather primitive. Probably at or below early radio.

For keeping in contact within their own kind even when they are across the desert, the Po-Matoran use a large, primitive radio communicator situated atop the walls of Po-Koro. From this transmission point, special messages in Po-Koro can be sent through the air to other such radio outposts elsewhere in the desert. The communication signals are always shaky, leading to easy misinterpretations, the range isn’t good, and the apparatuses are extremely vulnerable; but, even so, the solar-powered transmitters give the Po-Matoran the ability to respond quickly to disasters.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

I've waited months for replies before.

I've done that, then the dude died instead of replying.

The player or the character?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I think he means the player...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

As of right now there is a single telegram line being constructed between Po-koro and Ta-koro. Those being the koros mostly because the guy running the operation had a base of operations in each of them. Beyond that though, there are no telegram systems on the island and only one company has the designs to make them.

These telegrams could be described as a wired radio. The equipment used to turn electrical signal into audio are the same as those used in a radio. The main difference being that you don't need the bulky systems needed to catch, send, and translate radio waves.

It was originally designed in order to prevent loss of communications in the even something like a giant sandstorm or other weather phenomena disrupted radio.

As far as radios go, yes they are a thing. Tiragath just posted the description from the Po-wahi topic but I feel that it fails to get across just how big Mata Nui radios are. The radios currently used are huge, the size of a small hut even. You won't be finding one small enough for a person to hold, probably not even in Onu-koro.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Anyone want a personal Taajar Clan?

Unlike the main system of clan approval, all Taajar clans get approved via PM by myself. They are a varied and deeply ingrained part of Kentoku society, having a clan with them offers an accessible opportunity to explore ideas and concepts that wouldn't fit in with Dasaka society. Each Taajar player is entitled to create a Toroshu, a village, and seat of clan power, upon the condition of loyalty to the head-clan, controlled by myself.

Taajar Clans are also autonomous. One who plays them will have de facto control over all clan affairs, save matters of war. Everything else is up to them. So if you wish to have a clan of anything from Gravediggers to poets, Rahi Horse trainers to Butchers-Assassins (It's possible) send me a PM.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

As much as I'd really love to, I'm going to stay out of the pun game today.

A more serious question, what are some good bars in Ta-Koro? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

emot-stare.gif

Well, I'm glad I got very immersed in a game of Civ this weekend.

Right, not going to dig that back up (not that stupid), but on topic...what is a Tajaar Clan, should I know about them already, and what are current events in Kentoku and are they conducive to smashing heads together.

:w:

emot-stare.gif

Right, not going to dig that back up (not that stupid), but on topic...what is a Tajaar Clan, should I know about them already, and what are current events in Kentoku and are they conducive to smashing heads together.

A good explanation of the Taajar can be accessed in House's siggy.  As for current events in Kentoku--right now it's the calm before the storm but there's a good chance of there being much head-smashing coming soon.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif dmHto.gif GMbsT.gif vobLI.gif 0o6ku.gif JJNox.gif BCQuL.gif FXyU6.gif Y5AOI.gif hH7LQ.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

emot-stare.gif

A good explanation of the Taajar can be accessed in House's siggy.  As for current events in Kentoku--right now it's the calm before the storm but there's a good chance of there being much head-smashing coming soon.

I honestly think the Isles are one little step from being engulfed in fire.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Personally, I think that I've been shying away from Kentoku when it comes time to create new characters. It just seems a bit too... rigid for my tastes, and I kind of feel like there would be more restrictions on my creativity for some reason. I've tried to find a way around this, but none of the concepts that I come up with seem to stick out as realistic characters to me, and I think that it would retract from both the experiences of of other players and my own if I were to force myself to play as a character that I couldn't really connect with on a personal level.

That's not to say that I don't appreciate all of the hard work other people have put into making the Archipelago what it is, though; I even wanted Verulas to eventually make his way there before I learned that it was currently Dasaka-only. True, he would've acted like a total Karz-head to practically everyone he met and probably would have become quite familiar with the inside of a cell during his time there, but I still would've found it an interesting experience nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Personally, I think that I've been shying away from Kentoku when it comes time to create new characters. It just seems a bit too... rigid for my tastes, and I kind of feel like there would be more restrictions on my creativity for some reason. I've tried to find a way around this, but none of the concepts that I come up with seem to stick out as realistic characters to me, and I think that it would retract from both the experiences of of other players and my own if I were to force myself to play as a character that I couldn't really connect with on a personal level.

I actually completely agree with all of this. Kentoku is the only topic that I don't have a character in, and this is why.

• Upvote 1

I think that's perfectly fair. It's really tough to get into a new cultural setting. Especially when there's so few characters that still exist there. The more there was, and the less afraid people were of trying to world-build on things that haven't been fully fleshed out, the less rigid and difficult to get into the topic would be. The place has a TON of potential, but people just don't care about it. Which is to be expected - all things considered.

Another big issue with the topic is that the only "important" characters were ones that were already given positions of high power. That being said, speaking as the Toroshu player of the Dastana (with partner in crime Tyler), the events we're planning are really trying to focus on two things.

1. The players will affect the outcome of events almost entirely
  2. The world the events occupy will be explored more in order to improve upon the lack of world-building

But yeah, when it comes down to it it's really each to their own.

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

It's funny, I actually felt that Kentoku allowed me to be more creative in some respects.  I've been a member of the BZPRPG for quite a while, and I am of the belief that "open" does not always mean "creative."  Most of my characters in Mata Nui are simply rehashes--but Kentoku caused me to think outside my old patterns.

Kentoku having a rigid caste system does not mean you're limited in your choice of characters.  Heck, Shuuan is probably the least inhibited character I've ever created and she's Kentokuan.

Also, as the only person who has a Taajar clan I can say they are awesome.

• Upvote 1

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif dmHto.gif GMbsT.gif vobLI.gif 0o6ku.gif JJNox.gif BCQuL.gif FXyU6.gif Y5AOI.gif hH7LQ.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.