BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I didn't like the Hiripaki for a lot of reasons (plot device, very OP, no fun, pluuuuuus the nagging feeling that it might be possibly an expy XD), and I really think that the Warua fits the direction I'm wanting to go with Stannis more than it did. The Hiripaki was undoubtedly cool, but it's gone and for good reason. That's it.

The Hiripaki is the mask of deus ex machina.

• Upvote 1

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

No, but we'e still got to worry about whatever was swapped with Makuta in the first place.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Let me just say that Stannis' hesitation to use the Hiripaki had more to do with my personal incapability to fathom responsible use of the mask than the character's personality. 

Stannis?

An expy?

Never

He was talking about the mask's powers, you faded t-shirt. 

oh SNIP

Well... Oops. Wasn't this held a couple of months ago? Explains why I'm not up to speed with everything, but still. 

I really want to love this RPG but things keep happening that irk me, except the things that irk me are minor things that everyone else can live with or things that don't even affect me.

I'm very nitpicky that way.

Perhaps, then, you should take a deep breath and a step back? The Hiripaki was, in essence, a plot device. Just like every other Legendary Mask was, in its own way. It served its purpose, and now it has been removed from play. Much like the Vahi was removed from play, except we actually explain things. :P

In all seriousness, however, I'd suggest thinking about whether or not getting irked over those things is actually worth the energy.

It's a subconscious thing. I get irked over the smallest things, and my nitpickiness just grows and grows and grows until I just throw my hands in the air and finally just go with the flow. It's a teenager thing.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I'd say that anyone could try researching it. But actually discovering a cure would be another matter entirely...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

His lower body is entirely non-functional. All someone needs to do is knock off his mask. Then it's game over. 

Personally, I'm not annoyed with the mask being gone, just a bit peeved that the whole thing was just kinda glossed over.  We didn't even get an in-story reason as to why and how.  :/

(That said, being a guy that values imagination and stuff, I would've loved to see the Hiripaki get more usage and stuff.  There's a lot of cool things that can be done with erasing the line between stories and reality.  Like, that one fanfic I was planning about Stannis?  It basically involved him entering the world of stories and having some sort of spiritual journey and stuff.  I should really get around to writing that.  :P)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I move that my character gets the Hiripaki. All in favor, say Aye.

[crickets]

Uh... Aye? All against, say Nay.

[every BZPRPG member youdly proclaims NAY.]

Okay. Who should have it?

[bZPRPG is either a). thrown into civil war and turmoil or b). thrust into a thoughtful and courteous discussion, the result of which is that a very experienced player receives the mask]

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Guys, I have a thousand headcanon reasons for how the mask was replaced, and if any were explicitly approved I would have added them at the time of posting XD

As it is, gonna have to channel Bioware in the Mass Effect 3 debate and be all "ARTISTIC INTEGRITY"

And yeah, the Hiripaki is the ultimate trump card and plot device. Makuta wouldn't a been defeated without it. But as much fun as it is, it breaks the game and is really hard on the player using it.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

A fanfic ... about Stannis?

I've mentioned it before, y'know.

Guys, I have a thousand headcanon reasons for how the mask was replaced, and if any were explicitly approved I would have added them at the time of posting XD

As it is, gonna have to channel Bioware in the Mass Effect 3 debate and be all "ARTISTIC INTEGRITY"

And yeah, the Hiripaki is the ultimate trump card and plot device. Makuta wouldn't a been defeated without it. But as much fun as it is, it breaks the game and is really hard on the player using it.

Ah, I see.  Nothing to be done then.  Complaints withdrawn, and have fun with your new Maru!  :P

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Talking of Taajar...

A basic description of the approved Taajar clan I'll be launching soon:

The Taajar clan of Okrihnok is based in the far west of Odaiba and lead by their Jahagir, Naihi.

The clan is small but elite, training all it's members with a variety of weapons from a young age in the arts of combat and stealth. The clan is secretive and reserved, seeming mysterious to outsiders. 

​The warriors of the clan specialize in hit-and-run tactics and assassination. Compared to most of Taajar and Dasaka society, the clan is less segregated and more fair to those from different castes, a fact which has lead it to be ostracized by others. However, the clan strongly honours tradition, believing that the only way forward is to learn from the past.

​The small clan, although not openly, is against the Empress' rule, believing that she are a blight to the Taajar people and that the nomads' lands should not be included in the Empire. In a way, they are quite patriotic...

The clan used to merely hunt their food and their enemies alike using their highly trained warriors. In recent times, however, they have been forced to resort to, much to their dismay, working as bodyguards to high ranking imperials.

While they hate doing this, their warriors are incredibly well trained, and in high demand by the empire. It is even said that some guards are sent to the clan to be trained, which they pay highly for. We also suspect that they are sometimes used as political assassins.

The whereabouts of the clan at any given time is elusive at best. They only stay in one location for a week at the most and their temporary "villages" can be destroyed, taken down and rebuilt in less than an hour or two.

It is said that the clan also has a more permanent base of operations in a cave complex in the west of Obaida, but that is purely speculation...

The history of the clan is shrouded in mystery, due to the covert nature of their work. However, it is suspected that a few of the assassinations of past Roras were at their hands. They were one of the last Taajar clans to be accepted into the Empire, and fought fiercly against them. 

The colours of the Okrihnok are bluish grey (about the same shade as Matoro's Akaku) , with purple as a secondary colour.

So...Yeah. I saw some of you saying that the reason you didn't have Kentoku characters was because it would take a long time to learn all of the backstory and also that Kentoku was too restricted. Well, the good(ish) news is that this is my first time on Kentoku as well, so it can be a learning curve for us all (that sounds so cheesy). Also, it seemes to me that the Taajar are a lot less restricted in a lot of things than most dasaka.

Major positions up for grabs within the clan:

• Naihi's second in command.
  • Naihi's other lieutenants.
  • A Datsue advisor/mentor to Naihi.

If you're interested in any of these, send me a PM :D

• Upvote 2

Kathok

I dunno if anyone has said this yet (not bothered to go back and read the last tons of pages), but what does the alteration from hiripaki to warua mean for Makuta and The Legend?  What does it mean for what Joske learned?  

Any thoughts?  I'm really curious about what people might be thinking...

• Upvote 4

I believe it was stated that the Hiripaki's effects are permanent, even if the mask itself is gone.

... and I just fully read what the Warua does.

“As unity’s voice I speak. What is broken must be mended, what is separate unified once more as if it had never been.”
This phrase heals wounds to near perfect health, beyond the ability of an ordinary Mask of Healing, though its power doesn’t extend to Stannis himself. And nothing can bring back the dead. Once breath has left the body, the mask can no longer resuscitate them, even if their mind is still alive.

... SKORM NEEDS A FRIEND

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Hey folks!

So, maybe you've noticed that my activity has been pretty low lately. Maybe you haven't, either. That's cool too.

Anywho, I'm a little discombobulated about the BZPRPG right now, so if you need a post from me, shoot me a PM or message me on Skype and I'll get to it ASAP.  :)

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

Alright!

Finals are over, and I have an entire month of nothing to do. I fully feel able to jump headfirst back into the BZPRPG...

...except I don't want to pick up any of my old characters, and I lack ideas for new ones. Coupled with the fact I don't know where would be the most...opportune area to jump in, and it makes the task of rejoining much more daunting.

So. Any suggestions for someone to hop back in?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Alright!

Finals are over, and I have an entire month of nothing to do. I fully feel able to jump headfirst back into the BZPRPG...

...except I don't want to pick up any of my old characters, and I lack ideas for new ones. Coupled with the fact I don't know where would be the most...opportune area to jump in, and it makes the task of rejoining much more daunting.

So. Any suggestions for someone to hop back in?

You could join the Ussalry. A new squadron is being formed, and between the ready access to cutting-edge tech (soon to include mech suits) and a border with the Wahi containing the highest concentration of Makuta worshipers, it promises not to be dull.

You could also join the Ihu-Koronan Highlanders. It is looking for people to fill positions and near to the wretched Koro of scum and villainy also.

Edited by Carson Chambliss

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.