BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Wait.

What ABV are we talking about here.

Because if it's something less than 3%/6 proof, AKA your small beer/cider/pomace wine, then yeah. It's basically disinfected flavored water (how is Mata Nui's water purification tech anyways?).

But if we're talking like downing 20 shots of 50%/100 proof and up... I would presrcive a realism check. Unless they're built like Andre the Giant or otherwise can realistically take it... No.

My thoughts about it were as follows:

1. Since the characters are biomechanical in nature, they'd probably have higher resistances to it than humans.

I don't know why, but for some reason I have a problem with statements like "X would have less effect on Biomechanical creatures".

Consider, everyone in this universe is biomechanical, and their actual universe was made pretty specifically for them to inhabit. With this in mind I feel like, a punch to the jaw of a Toa would have the exact same effect that it would on a proportionate human, because it was thrown by someone with similar physical superiority compared to humans, a potential disease could come from bacteria that specifically thrived in Biomechanical beings, and therefore would be just as dangerous as any disease humans can contract, and a stab wound would be just as harmful to them as it is to us. Similarly, why wouldn't their alcohol have the same effect on Bionicles as normal alcohol has on humans?

Everyone operates on the same "elevated" plane, therefore, in proportion to each other, they are effectively human in the sense that they would react much the same way when subjected to any factor, since said factors are also stronger.

These are mostly just my own two cents off the top of my head, though. I'd like to state for the record, that I intended no offense to you, personally, Tim, and that I'm not expecting this to stand here uncontested, anyone who has an argument they want to bring up is free to do so.

This... actually makes more sense now that I've put some more thought into it. Give yourself a pat on the back, Gear; you've earned it.

As for the list in general, consider the first thought voided.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Karna

I had stayed silent through the exchanges, no reason to speak presented itself. My only change in expression had been a gradual transition from smirk to frown. I had hoped Skorm would see the errors of his ways, but his true motivation had come to light after his conversation with the Le-Skakdi. He had been corrupted in some way, his mind was... No longer his own.

It was depressing, Skorm made me think of my own sin, the urge to watch and enable the suffering of others. I had the mental faculties to hold myself above such urges, as draining as it was. The Ba-Toa did not. Whatever darkness had touched him had stolen his humanity, he was little more than a hollowed out shell. It was unfortunate that he had lived through the Abettor's attack. Death would've brought him some sort of peace.

The Ko-Toa didn't seem corrupted, just dense. It was obvious that any gifts or powers bestowed by these Skakdi would be paid for in thrice.

Pfft, Skorm never had any humanity to start with. Neither did any of my other characters. Because, well, none of them are human.

The times, they are a-changing...

Breakdown of Skorm's character: Pre-Toa, he was very driven and focused. He approached problems head on, never backing down until he succeeded. He is clever, but stubborn. Toa: Skorm becomes very skilled, moreso than his teammates. He feels he is doing his duty, but misses the simplicity of his old life. Deployment: With his memory wiped, he is confused, a little angry that his entire life was taken away from him when he didn't really have a choice. But, seeing as he knows nothing else, he just tries to track down his team and join up. Antidermis exposure: Skorm's thinking is warped. He grows resentful of his team, to the point where he hates them for stealing away his old life; he knows he's never getting it back, so he wants it back in blood. The antidermis also takes away any morals he had, leaving behind a cold, remorseless hunter who becomes frustrated when his plans don't end up working.

So yes, he has no morals when it comes to accomplishing his goals, but he still has respect, a measure of empathy, etc. I wouldn't say he would go out of his way for evil, its just he has no standards when it comes to what he will do to accomplish his goals.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Akhulii- Le-Koro

OOC: Le-Koro is about to be covered in a large cloud of poison. Anyone inhaling it will be weakened to the point where they can't properly fight or function for a while. Take cover and don't inhale it or else you'll experience these effects. This cloud will weaken the beetles severely!

I'm a little confused by this. When did the beetles reach Le-Koro? I thought the Gukko force had set up a defensive line to stop them from reaching the village. And where did all of this poison come from?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But doesn't Onu arguably have the toughest law enforcement of any Koro?

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Akhulii- Le-Koro

OOC: Le-Koro is about to be covered in a large cloud of poison. Anyone inhaling it will be weakened to the point where they can't properly fight or function for a while. Take cover and don't inhale it or else you'll experience these effects. This cloud will weaken the beetles severely!

I'm a little confused by this. When did the beetles reach Le-Koro? I thought the Gukko force had set up a defensive line to stop them from reaching the village. And where did all of this poison come from?

The group I've been playing with has moved on the story by making the beetles arrive in Le-Koro. I honestly don't know exactly what was going on before because of the RPG's *IMPECABLE* way of introducing new players into it's complex and extremely detailed world where current events are hidden deeply within a 340 page news topic spammed with comments of puns and comments that take up tons of space between really important posts that completely change the situation a player is in. :closedeyes:

The poison came from a vial Voxumo's Syvra gave him in exchange for Akhulii fixing his foot. It's a paralyzing agent when making contact with a character's bloodstream but loses it's effectiveness when exposed to oxygen. Akhulii was not told how to replicate, and met Tirigath's Lain in Le-Koro, who helped him recreate the recipe and some more of the poison. Akhulii used some of his knowledge to make the poison gaseous and able to be sprayed out of a make-shift launcher he patched together. The plan was to get everyone out of the way, spray the poison around Le-Koro, and weaken the beetles severely (the poison loses effectiveness when making contact with oxygen, but still can weaken bodies badly when inhaled afterwards).

I've been messaged about it by another player, but honestly if it were such a problem it should've been considered and acknowledged much earlier, since we have already been fighting the beetles in Le-Koro for about a month on the RPG.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Hubert on this one. Some people are busier than others. You probably should have waited for everyone to catch up instead of storming ahead and making up whatever you wanted. Besides, it seems kind of rude to completely disregard the huge defensive barrier that someone put a lot of work writing a post to describe. 

Honestly, i think the situation here can be resolved very easily with a simple edit of where the characters are. Just say we're on the outskirts of Le-Koro, maybe? It would make sense that the defenders have been pushed back over time, and I think it's something we can all work with. That said, I think we are taking a bit too much liberty with what events are occurring around us. Telling the entire Gukko force to retreat after they've only begin their attack is a little unrealistic.

I agree with Hubert on this one. Some people are busier than others. You probably should have waited for everyone to catch up instead of storming ahead and making up whatever you wanted. Besides, it seems kind of rude to completely disregard the huge defensive barrier that someone put a lot of work writing a post to describe. 

I have no problem with people being busy, it's totally understandable. People always get busy! But if you're going to run an RPG, check into it a little more often. The rules state that the staff are there to regulate game play. If they're not doing that, a lot of problems come up. And that's not even the biggest problem here. The problem is that what was suppose to be happening was never in a place that was clear and visible for all players.

I don't think it's fair to to start calling me out for "storming ahead" and making things up without waiting for others. Because that's really not what happened at all. In fact, I don't mean to push blame on others but it wasn't my idea to go to the Koro. And the beetles attacking the koro was just a thing that happened. No one is really to blame for it because unless we could actually realistically know what was suppose to be going on with the beetles, we just assumed that after such a long time the koro would be under attack. I mean, why else would it be evacuated? For fun? And the things I was making up was to move the story along. If I hadn't started actually using that poison, which was legit and reasonable, the story would've been stuck with boring, endless fighting with NPC beetles. That, is not what I call fun. And my little twist there wasn't going to turn the beetles into little flesh bags walking around waiting to be killed. Realistically, spraying poison around the koro would not have gotten all of them even close, and it doesn't paralyze. Those it does affect simply makes them weaker and easier to defeat.

And you can call it rude that I "disregarded" it, but the reality and truth is that I'm pretty new to the RPG. I have only been playing for maybe two months and I don't want to have to force myself to go to the news topic every five minutes and scroll through useless comments that don't pertain to me or anything, or through the huge mass of posts in Le-Koro. I should be spending that time actually playing. And if that information were so valuable and they wanted people to appreciate it, shouldn't it be visible and easy for people to see? Because I know I never saw that bit of information anywhere, and if I did that would completely change this situation.

• Upvote 1

I still think you should wait until there's an official post saying the bugs breached the defensive line before saying they have. What about the huge area of trees that they cut down to stop the beetles from crossing? Why would the beetles even bother to go past that? 

• Upvote 1

It may just be me, but you might need to back off a bit too...

Yes, I know, people have lives and can't spend all their time on just a website(I'm one of them), and I'm not saying its ok to go ahead and write whatever you want, but maybe something as simple as explaining to newer players about the barrier could fix a few things up a bit. I can't believe that quite a few of us are disregarding new players(because lots of people are joining due to the return of Bionicle) and maybe their need for information and instead getting mad at them for things they didn't know. I know, I know, I'm not even close to being a staff member but when I joined the RPG over a year ago, at least people reminded me that this part of this place was off limits/abandoned/etc instead of getting mad and complaining in the discussing topic. 

Sorry about the rant, but in other words I think we should cut the newer players some slack(because quite a few of them are involved in what is happening in Le), instead of acting pretty immature about it. After all, we all once were new and clueless about this RPG.

Edited by Gengar

I still think you should wait until there's an official post saying the bugs breached the defensive line before saying they have. What about the huge area of trees that they cut down to stop the beetles from crossing? Why would the beetles even bother to go past that? 

And how was I suppose to know that I should expect such a post if I didn't know about any bloody defensive barrier?

Honestly, i think the situation here can be resolved very easily with a simple edit of where the characters are. Just say we're on the outskirts of Le-Koro, maybe? It would make sense that the defenders have been pushed back over time, and I think it's something we can all work with. That said, I think we are taking a bit too much liberty with what events are occurring around us. Telling the entire Gukko force to retreat after they've only begin their attack is a little unrealistic.

This is a pretty good solution, but we weren't telling the gukko force to permanently retreat. They just needed to get out of the way for the few couple of minutes it would take for the poison finish spreading around until it thinned out to the point it wouldn't harm anyone anymore. The fighting could resume right after that.

*snip*

Thanks for the sense Gengar. I don't know what the RPG was like before, but as a new player I can say there were a bunch of problems and questions I had when I wanted to join.

Okay, perhaps I'm getting a little snappy here. There are the last two official posts I could find from Le:

Describing the defensive barriers: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11192-bzprpg-le-wahi/?view=findpost&p=781681 

The Gukko Force attack: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11192-bzprpg-le-wahi/?view=findpost&p=782863

There, now everyone knows about it. :D

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1