BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

If you have too many characters, then just shorten your profiles and put all the excess details on the wiki. It's not like anyone really needs to know how many widgets your character owns, but if you want that information displayed anyway, then put it on the wiki to save space.

Only excess details though. All the necessary parts of the profile still need to be in the Profiles topic.

Personally, I have ten characters.

The "hand", "inventory" and "language" parts seem a bit unnecessary.

"Hand" is personally important since I'm naturally left handed: I have a predisposition to see characters as left handed more often than the other. Inventory is useful since it says what's on a character at the immediate time that another player might find useful information. At least I know it drives me crazy when I don't know what they're wearing. I can't count how many times I've found mentioning what languages a character knows to be useful in game. HOWEVER, yes Hubert, they're unnecessary.

The shortest profiles I have ever had. I won't even admit to how long that took.

Wat. These aren't that short.

Aurora, ask someone about Draeverian Joskiir's profile from 2012. These are TINY profiles compared to my usual length.

Complete disarmament for all races is the standard for Ta-Koro, including mask removal, weapon removal, and in most cases, a search for any hidden weapons. While I can't actually speak for any other villages, it'd be safe to assume that the procedure is similar there.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Complete disarmament for all races is the standard for Ta-Koro, including mask removal, weapon removal, and in most cases, a search for any hidden weapons. While I can't actually speak for any other villages, it'd be safe to assume that the procedure is similar there.

Indeed, that is the standard for Ussalry prisoners as well.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Indeed, that is the standard for Ussalry prisoners as well.

Yeah i remember when Voxumo was getting arrested and he had to have his mask removed.. and that was by the ussalry..

Though that all races would not apply to matoran as well in regards to kanohi right? i mean since you can't remove a matoran's kanohi without them going into comatose i assume they would not remove that either?

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You're half right. Matoran can't go long without them being removed before going comatose. As a result, mask removal is skipped for prisoners who were arrested for, say, drunken behavior or shoplifting. Violent criminals would still have their mask removed, to ensure that they are too weak to be an issue. They are given a few minutes with their mask back on at regularly scheduled intervals to ensure that they don't fall into a coma.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

You're half right. Matoran can't go long without them being removed before going comatose. As a result, mask removal is skipped for prisoners who were arrested for, say, drunken behavior or shoplifting. Violent criminals would still have their mask removed, to ensure that they are too weak to be an issue. They are given a few minutes with their mask back on at regularly scheduled intervals to ensure that they don't fall into a coma.

Interesting.. i must say i think that would also be a form of torture.. they get to feel that sudden energy rush then you take it away..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

What about Skakdi then? Do they have to wear blinbfolds so that they don't blow holes in the walls? And I presume that they would be kept separated from all other skakdi in the building, right?

Interesting.. i must say i think that would also be a form of torture.. they get to feel that sudden energy rush then you take it away..
By that logic, nearly anything in prison is torture. Taking a walk would be torture, because you get a few minutes to move around, and then it's taken away. Food is torture. Talking is torture.There's a pretty specific definition of what constitutes torture, and the equivalent of a five hour energy isn't one. :P Now, if they were left to nearly the brink of coma and then given the mask for a few seconds, that would be torture. But as it stand a while without a mask is more like a sedative, and reserved for violent Matoran criminals.EDIT: Yes, there are certain protocols for Skakdi. It'd take far more time to write on an iPad than I want to spend, but there are procedures in place for every known species. And that includes isolating Skakdi. Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

Panic in Obaida

The Kentoku Archipelago has been pretty... quiet. Here's something to stir things up just a tad. ;)

How about no.

Though it's not in the Rules and Index - even though it really should have been put there in the transition between arcs - I'd like to remind everyone that the rule from last arc about causing large-scale damage to a BZPRPG location is not allowed without prior approval from at least the head GM, and preferably at least two people. It saves everyone a lot of headache and prevents any more islands from being obliterated.

Any time too soon.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

What about Skakdi then? Do they have to wear blinbfolds so that they don't blow holes in the walls? And I presume that they would be kept separated from all other skakdi in the building, right?

I am pretty sure a skakdi could just blow through the blindfold.. or burn through it your choice on their powers

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Le-Koro gives them powerless masks.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

I am pretty sure a skakdi could just blow through the blindfold.. or burn through it your choice on their powers

Hit a person enough and they won't be blowing through stuff any time.

Guys, are the posts in the Kini-Nui topic a bit bb-code messed up? I tested the topic on two different browsers, and it's a bit problematic.....is it just me, or do you guys see the issue as well?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Le-Koro gives them powerless masks.

Oh My GOD!! I guessed that correctly.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Well, that's extremely aggravating... Time to go and fix all the location topics.

Must suck real bad...it's back online now but not entirely fixed...

Yeah, it's still bad... all my posts that I've checked are both uncolored and completely unformatted, as well. All the proper paragraph spacings are gone... it really looks terrible, and I am extremely irate, to put it mildly. :burnmad:

Hopefully staff'll get everything put back together in a day or two, 'cause I seriously do not want to have to go back and practically re-format everything I've ever written since the most recent dataclysm.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, I wouldn't advise taking on Echelon. He's been around longer than I have here, so I haven't personally seen him in action, but if reputation counts for anything... well, yeah. I wouldn't advise you try it.

Edited by Shadowhawk

A tip to those of you who want to fix your posts:

In the top toolbar of the post-writing box is a picture of binoculars, the "find" function. This can be used to find and replace all of a certain word, phrase, or string of BBCode. By putting in the offending phrase, leaving the "replace with" box empty, and pressing "replace all," you can delete all the BBCode at once, painlessly. You'll have to input maybe one or two BBCode phrases (one of which will certainly be "[/color]"), but it makes the process much, much easier.

It took me a few topics to figure this out; don't be like me. Take the easy way out. :P

test2.png

A tip to those of you who want to fix your posts:

In the top toolbar of the post-writing box is a picture of binoculars, the "find" function. This can be used to find and replace all of a certain word, phrase, or string of BBCode. By putting in the offending phrase, leaving the "replace with" box empty, and pressing "replace all," you can delete all the BBCode at once, painlessly. You'll have to input maybe one or two BBCode phrases (one of which will certainly be "[/color]"), but it makes the process much, much easier.

It took me a few topics to figure this out; don't be like me. Take the easy way out. :P

Thanks. This seems to work.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

There is another, much simpler way to fix your posts. Click on your post to edit, and then click the BBCode box in the corner of the formatting options twice. The majority of your formatting will be fixed.

Thank you, you wonderful, wonderful man. :bowdown:

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

There is another, much simpler way to fix your posts. Click on your post to edit, and then click the BBCode box in the corner of the formatting options twice. The majority of your formatting will be fixed.

Only thing it doesn't fix I think is hitting enter. Most of my posts didn't have a malfunctioning enter, though the one that did I had to manually fix that. Which isn't that bad, fixing all the code would be worse honestly.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Lost In Character Kontent. We lost a ton of data and these posts are flashbacks to what happened in the lost posts. Or in the timeskip between seasons, I think. Make sense?

Edited by Shuhei Hisagi

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.