BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I would argue that Ned died for trusting the wrong people, but we're getting off topic now.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's a society of murderhobos meeting a working society.

I wouldn't quite call the Dasaka murderhobos, but yeah, I think this sums it up fairly well.

Um...

You got it backwards.

'Cause compared to Kentoku in terms of efficiency, Mata Nui is a society of murderhobos.

Number one, that was a joke.

Number two, isn't Kentoku in the middle of a civil war right now?  That's not what I'd call a working society.

Number three, comparisons are kinda moot anyways considering only one of the two civilizations has been receiving centuries of evil jerkfaces looking for an opportunity to mess things up- which is something the staff approves of, of all things.  Go figure.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The way I see it, the Dasaka shouldn't be going on a diplomatic mission to Mata Nui and immediately start judging them based on their own high standards. And they shouldn't be expecting them to conform to their customs either. If it was a Mata-Nuian party arriving on Kentoku, that would be different.

Honestly, I'd expect a foreign delegation to be a little more open-minded and accepting of cultural differences.

Hate to tell you, but foreign delegations to new places almost always have been close minded. Granted, that's human history, but the characters we play are remarkably human in the way they act and interact. Much as you may not like it, things that are different aren't generally taken well.

The way I see it, the Dasaka shouldn't be going on a diplomatic mission to Mata Nui and immediately start judging them based on their own high standards. And they shouldn't be expecting them to conform to their customs either. If it was a Mata-Nuian party arriving on Kentoku, that would be different.

Honestly, I'd expect a foreign delegation to be a little more open-minded and accepting of cultural differences.

1391183895363-malwhat.gif

Mako and Dakte have openly said that they would need to try to understand the local culture. Ayiwah and Hanako, the leaders of this expedition, literally haven't expressed any judgement. No one has verbalized anything negative about Mata Nui prior to Vakua's actions, the reaction to which was not a matter of culture, but one of personal violation. Outright awe has been expressed at the abilities of MN natives, and similar reactions expressed about the land itself. 

To completely divorce one's own cultural standards from what they see is not only impossible, it's unrealistic. If a Mata Nui native came to Kentoku, they would have their own problems with Dasakan society.

There literally is no moral high ground to stand on here.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ned Stark is a case of Honor Before Reason, Tyler, learn to context.

he's literally the page image for the trope

the trope i said was not inherently in play

off topic pls reign it in

Also, Nato, we get it. You've caught a net full of feels about the way the Dasaka have handled things so far. Fine. Whatever. But it's obvious you're not changing any minds here and it makes you look like you have a victim complex over something that didn't even happen to you. From the looks of it not even Keeper's taking this as seriously as you. Easy does it. Try not to let the view of Kentoku from your high horse dazzle you too much.

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I don't have a horse.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'll just go back to living under a rock, shall I?

If you could kindly stop being condescending, that would be appreciated. :D

Back onto an actual topic, what's the official status of the Le-Wahi beetle infestation? The crazy antics of the new players are making it difficult to discern what's really going on.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

I think a few dozen deep breaths are in order.  Wouldn't you all agree?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm still waiting for the other guys in Kini-Nui.

Same.

Where's Lo Wahi

do they call the matoran shorties there

More like what's Lo wahi.

Back onto an actual topic, what's the official status of the Le-Wahi beetle infestation? The crazy antics of the new players are making it difficult to discern what's really going on.

as if you're not a new player...

I've been here for several months now. I don't think I really qualify as a "new" player anymore.

I'm at two and a half months, I believe. Still pretty new, but picking things up pretty quickly nonetheless.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

They're eatin' the trees, yo.

In all honesty, beyond the devastation of Le-Wahi's jungle, it seems to be artistic liberty as to what they do.

Been here for two years. Still a new player. I've been learning, slowly, how to RPG since around may of this year. On maybe my 5th post broke 3 rules. Then broke 2 rules in the next couple as well. I didn't know what was happening. I still don't honestly.

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

Wait... I didn't even know we had airships and flintlocks.

YOLO? Carpe diem? That sort of thing?