BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I take offence to that, mate.

You can just off, ya flamin' drongo. Aussies are great. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On a more serious note, what happened to that plot Lloyd was working on? Trying to overthrow the Akiri in Po. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, there was some character trying to rile up the people against the Akiri. Putting up notes about the Sentinels being a militia and all that sort of thing. I think the idea was to cause civil unrest and eventually a revolution, but nothing's happened in a while. 

Heeeeeeeeeey guys. So the boss is going to be handling most of the Exo-Matoran stuff through Nuparu over the coming days, but there's one thing I wanted to clear up tonight because we all saw a lot of talking about it in here. 

The Exo-Matoran are immune to manipulation from both Toa of Iron and Magnetism. This goes beyond general equipment/pet rules (though those also cover the Ex-Matoran) and go straight to in-game reasons. The Exo-Matoran were made, at least in large part, from materials taken from old Rahkshi armors. As those armors are not exactly normal metal, Toa of those elements can't meddle with them.

This, of course, also means that Rahkshi are immune to manipulation from those elements.  ;)

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Probably has something to do with the fact that not many people joined in. 

I think that's partially because he was only accepting demagogues.

I'm pretty sure he got a decent number of offers from mercs, criminals, pirates and the like. 

This, of course, also means that Rahkshi are immune to manipulation from those elements.   ;) 

I wasn't aware of that. Interesting. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Heeeeeeeeeey guys. So the boss is going to be handling most of the Exo-Matoran stuff through Nuparu over the coming days, but there's one thing I wanted to clear up tonight because we all saw a lot of talking about it in here.

The Exo-Matoran are immune to manipulation from both Toa of Iron and Magnetism. This goes beyond general equipment/pet rules (though those also cover the Ex-Matoran) and go straight to in-game reasons. The Exo-Matoran were made, at least in large part, from materials taken from old Rahkshi armors. As those armors are not exactly normal metal, Toa of those elements can't meddle with them.

This, of course, also means that Rahkshi are immune to manipulation from those elements. ;)

... See? See what you guys did? Rahkshi now break all the rules. Great.

On the other hand, Kraata are made from Makuta. And Rahkshi are made from Kraata. So Rahkshi are made of Makuta, which is pretty darn cool. Also means Exo-Matoran are made (partially) of Makuta. Fun.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 3

The times, they are a-changing...

This, of course, also means that Rahkshi are immune to manipulation from those elements.  ;)

Well blarg and fiddlesticks. I have this whole moveset practiced IC to deal with them that way.

Probably has something to do with the fact that not many people joined in. 

I think that's partially because he was only accepting demagogues.

I'm pretty sure he got a decent number of offers from mercs, criminals, pirates and the like. 

He wanted PCs who actually believed in the cause. The few people he did get like that, never did anything.

Edit: We don't know that the armor is made from Kraata in this universe. I find it more likely that Makuta made them out of actual armor and stuff rather than dumping his slugs in EP. Of course the fact that they are immune to elements now gives me all sorts of wonderfully inventive ideas that will be sure to make Krayzikk hate me all over again.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Then again, I only have one character directly affected by this; and yeah, he can't affect them with his powers. Sword still does the same (admittedly small) damage it did before, though.

But yeah, not to keen on the armor now; only a matter of time before it goes EVA.

Edit: In-Universe, we don't know that the Dasaka are actually Ce-Matoran/Toa, doesn't stop us in discussion.

• Upvote 1

But Rahkshi are still vulnerable to every other element, right? 

With the obvious exception of certain Rahkshi being safe because of their variations. 

They're as vulnerable to elements as they ever were. You throw a lightning bolt, it'll do what a bolt would. Same with a fireball and everything else. You just can't directly affect them with iron powers or with magnetism powers. For example, you can't fuse a Rahkshi's joints with iron or magnetize its feet together.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I'm seeing a slight issue here. There's been a decent amount of Rahkshi killed in the game's past, as I understand it. What's to stop characters from scavenging pieces of dead Rahkshi to make suits of Fe/Fa-proof armour? 

• Upvote 1

There wouldn't be a point. Fe-Toa aren't allowed to directly affect people anyway, and a Toa of Magnetism can't do much with just them. Plus Rahkshi armor isn't weak stuff, most people just plain wouldn't have the tools to make a suit of armor.

Plus there's also the fact that possible within the game =/= permissible. Hence why Fe-Toa don't just plain wreck everyone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ouch, last name. I'll try to refrain from breaking the game as best I can.

What I meant about we don't know is that we literally don't know. 

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Even as a Fe-/Fa-Toa, you can still affect them, just indirectly. They will not magically phase through a steel girder a Fe-Toa throws at them.

Edit: Ninja'd. And now I want to make a Fe-Toa that throws steel girders.

Girders are nice, but can you make exploding swords?

Casanuva can.

c:

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

On the subject of elemental powers, since Crystal is not an element canon to the main universe, how do Cy-Matoran manifest their element passively? Information on the subject is scarce.

Edit: The Ferrite Blade might not even be paid for, it makes him weep to imagine such a tool simply being used for an improvised explosive.

Can we get one? All matoran have an innate, passive manifestation of their elemental power; Ta-Matoran resist heat, De-Matoran have extremely sensitive hearing, Onu-Matoran have night vision, Ba-Toa can resist pressures, etc.

Hmm... Maybe Cy-Matoran have denser skin, and are more resistant to harm? Extremely organized? Can identify geodes and crystals by touch (or through rock)?

I think Cy-Lesterin have enhanced eyesight or something, don't they? So I guess the passive manifestation of a Cy-Toa/Matoran would be something similar. I dunno.

Which defeats the purpose of Ta-Matoran having heat-resistance in the first place. 

Not all elements are created equal. Bo-Matoran have pre-loaded extensive knowledge of herbs and plants. Ga-Matoran can hold their breath for a long time.

Edit: According to BS01, they also have their eyes protected from bright light. Given that the primary natural place where plasma occurs is stars, I'd say it's warranted.

On the subject of an elemental trait for Cy-Matoran, when I first made my Cy-Matoran (actually, I came up with the prefix of "Cy" if anyone ever wondered) in the beginning of the 2012-2013 arc, I suggested that they would have thicker armor/skin. That was really the only thing I could think of at the time. :P Not sure what the staff has to say about it, but that's what I had suggested.

• Upvote 2

You're not gonna get a standardized trait. If you want to run one by us, by all means. But getting people to accept a detail like that as standard isn't something you can do. They'll either take to it themselves or they won't.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg