BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Something I've been using, but hasn't been officially stated, is how all the Dasaka (Dashi/Ce-Matoran at least) are almost immune to mental attacks, aside from other Dasaka. BS01 quote:

Ce-Matoran have inactive Psionic powers, which are activated upon becoming Toa. Within the Matoran, the power manifests itself as an innate resistance to mind control and telepathy, to the point where their mentality cannot be affected by outside influences.

Similar to other matoran's innate elemental powers, like a Ta-Matoran's resistance to heat, a Ba-Matoran's resistance to pressure, an Onu-Matoran's enhanced night vision, etc. Is that official? There aren't many characters affected by this, but to those it does affect, it is something to note.

The times, they are a-changing...

Ok, one question. What are these Exo-Matoran suits made of? I would assume some form of metallic protodermis since as far as I'm aware the matoran universe doesn't have plastic yet. Frankly I don't see how the ussalry plans on succeeding in what will likely be a suicide attack using those things. I'm fairly certain there is plenty of Toa of iron, Toa of magnetism, heck even skakdi of those two elements inside ko-koro that would tear those exo-matoran to pieces. I mean even in canon Gahlok-kal made short work of the exo-toa.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I believe they're made out of rahkshi. And what, you don't think an offensive will have Toa to counteract them?

Fairly certain rahkshi armor is metallic. And I wouldn't be surprised if they tried that tactic, though I still see it failing as soon as it begins even with a counteractive force.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Some level of plastic knowledge would be need to construct a machine like that. Onu-koro has computers and I am fairly sure they have a few helping to run the armor.

That said, I'm fairly certain that they used metal for the outer plating. Which of course means that people like Echelon can toss them around if the person running the battle is not careful. Those should be used as force multipliers for Matoran, something to allow them to fight roughly on the same level as a Toa.

Think of them like walking tanks. Tough but certainly not invincible.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Very true. I might also add that yes, they seem to be at the mercy of Fe- and Fa-Toa... but in a unified attack force, you get somebody to deal with them. Your tanks get threatened by guys with anti-tank rockets, you deploy your snipers.

Also for tanks: wouldn't the effect be mostly the same if you strapped armor to a Muaka, Kane-Ra, or Manas?

Some level of plastic knowledge would be need to construct a machine like that. Onu-koro has computers and I am fairly sure they have a few helping to run the armor.

That said, I'm fairly certain that they used metal for the outer plating. Which of course means that people like Echelon can toss them around if the person running the battle is not careful. Those should be used as force multipliers for Matoran, something to allow them to fight roughly on the same level as a Toa.

Think of them like walking tanks. Tough but certainly not invincible.

I truly just see this fight going the route of magneto versus anything remotely metallic in nature. 

And I mean there is a reason even the entire makuta species was worried about toa of iron and magnetism to warrant a mass murder of them.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

So just route your mechs away from any reports of user of those elements. You don't just completely ignore a huge advantage like mech suits because a rather limited number of elements are "super-effective" against them.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

On a different note however, you could always have a Gimli "Toss me" moment whereby good Toa of Magnetism/Iron throw the Exo-Matoran towards to oncoming forces/away to another place for a better advantage/retreat.

I for one support this. Magnetism might have trouble with the onboard computers, though...

I wonder how long it takes until Nuparu realizes that the head honcho of the Legacy is a Toa of magnetism who can easily disable those mechs.

Its Dark Magnetism, everybody is going to have the same problems with him as the mech suits.

On a different note however, you could always have a Gimli "Toss me" moment whereby good Toa of Magnetism/Iron throw the Exo-Matoran towards to oncoming forces/away to another place for a better advantage/retreat.

This seems like a rather bad idea. You would need a Toa on both ends in order to avoid smashing your very expensive and valuable mech suits when they land. Doing something like that would also quickly drain the elemental reserves of said Toa when it would be much more useful in actual combat.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Shock absorbers only do so much when you just got tossed over five blocks of a town. That's the sort of thing you do when trying to kill the mech.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Hey, if everybody with a character on the Fowadi crew could send said character over there that would be great. We kind of need to set sail soon.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yeah... I'm not sure if using metallic mech suits to take on the city controlled by the most powerful Fa-Toa in living memory is the best idea. Even if they aren't entirely metal, Echelon's dark magnetism could still work on them. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What overlords? They'll get rekt within minutes. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar