BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC-Tor/ Ry/ Asa

"A Craftsmen always loves to hear that his work is appreciated"

"I know I want to see it  in action .

" I do as well Since None of us have any magnetic powers we couldnt exactly test it so ."

Ry and the other matoran put helmets on over here Kanohi  waiting for Casanuva to test out the weapon.

IC: Vesun

As he was getting accustomed to doing, Vesun followed quietly. He chose to follow Vakua and Kalyss as they walked through the town with Mirra and Wisp. He enjoyed the prospect of standing a few paces behind everyone else, silent and unnoticed. It occurred to him that he would have made, in some other circumstance, a very good spy.

The Toa took in everything that was said, only reacting when Kalyss returned with the news from Ko-Koro. He'd known that the village was under attack, and was at that time unfit to act. For it to have fallen was a blow to him even though he had not met a single Ko-Matoran, or even seen Ko-Wahi. The image of pillaged houses and frightened hostages angered him greatly, but he controlled the emotion. Instead, he simply directed a thought to Vakua. We should retake it, he exclaimed. A trustworthy refugee as a guide, a strike team to extract the hostages, and as much of an army as can be raised to reconquer the place. He paused for a moment, considering before he continued. You should lead the strike team. Your telepathy would coordinate it better than any normal communication.

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC

Thanks to the 'questing' group's ingenuity, the collapsed bridge was quickly replaced with flash-welded stone, allowing them to cross probably with more safety than the rickety metal walkways afforded.

IC Sanguivox (The Insides of the Mangai Volcano)

We walk across the newly formed bridge to the other side. Peeking ahead of the group, i see...

...what appears to be the beginning of the next stage of the journey: a ledge in the wall of the cavern, only a half-dozen bridges away, on which a dark patch was visible: another tunnel, this one leading deeper into the mountain.

IC: Alsorate stood back and let the others re-build the bridge.

As he walked across it, he looked down at the lava

The molten rock continued its flow, far beneath their feet, just as slow and orange as ever. But...wait, had the level of the lava always been that high? No, Alsorate realised, feeling his stomach drop. It had definitely risen.

Just as the Matoran was about to voice his concerns, a deep rumble came rolling down from ahead. The platform on which the group stood shuddered, and they gripped the rock and each other for support as dust and small rocks showered down from the ceiling. Down below, the lava level was visibly rising, and the speed at which it flowed began to increase.

"It's a magma flood!" Loraan called over the growing bubbling sound of the lava. "Don't worry, the bridges are built to stay above them—"

But as she spoke, the river below showed no signs of stopping its rise.

Far ahead, from around a bend in the cavern, a huge torrent of magma burst forth, surging down towards them.

"On second thought," yelled the Detective: "RUN!"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar eyed Mimira's new hammer warily.

"Incidentally, mates," he said, looking back to his crew, "you may've noticed that the dear ol' 'Vika's runnin' little light."

He gave Gunner a pointed look that was at most half-serious.

"Now, we could spend a fortune buyin' a shiny new set o' disk launchers," he said, "or, we could help ourselves to the guns that our new acquaintances—"

—he gestured overboard to the small patch of bubbling water that marked where the nearest enemy pirate ship had sunk—

"—won't be needin' any more. Catch my drift?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

[Ta-Wahi, Magaia Tunnels]

“Someone grab the Turaga!” Lucira yelled.  She would have taken him herself, but one of the toa would be much better suited.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

OOC

FINALLY! I've been waiting months for this!

IC-Tavari and Rendo

Tavari looked at the Lava flood in shock, before bolting towards the Exit. The large amount of people running might put too much strain on these bridges, so she looked at them to see if they were sturdy enough to carry multiple beings at once.

Rendo cowered behind his Pike. "Aaaaah! out of the way!" He said as he ran towards the exit.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: (Venemi/Mangai tunnels)

The Bo-Lesterin looked around wildly for Dakku, but couldn't see him...

Another second, and the lava would be upon them-

-the wave smashed through a smaller bridge in front of them and The Wasp leaped forwards, skating and sliding to the end of the bridge as-

-WHOOOMPH: the bridge was drowned in molten rock, smashing into it with such force that the parts of the bridge were torn apart before melting in the intense heat...metres away, Venemi was still being scorched by it.

She looked around. 

"Did everyone make it out?"

Edited by Sil

Kathok

OOC: This is before Sil ruined everyone's fun

IC: Alsorate

Alsorate was always right about bad things. Lava = bad. Right now, lava did = bad. Very bad. Especially bad. This feeling was super bad. He suddenly didn't want to work here any more. He raced back towards the tunnel, thanking that he was behind for once.

OoC: Sil, um.... Not everyone was done posting.

Also, yay! Staff quest continues!

IC Mirin - Mangai

As the lava surged forward, Mirin saw everyone running as best they could. All except one.

"Turaga!"

With grace and speed, she flipped over several others landing just beside Sanguivox. Rather unceremoniously putting him on her shoulder, she pushed off, running to catch up with the others.

IC: He didn't know whether it was through conscious thought or mere paternal instinct, nor did he care. But Teide Irontooth Strelnikov knew one thing for sure, and he cared a lot about this.

He was big and strong, and could carry more stragglers than anyone else here. 

So as soon as he saw the ominous red glow of flowing lava round the bend ahead of him, burly arms went to work, scooping up Miya, Drararius, and Hile...

And he charged across the bridge like an Ash Bear was on the other side, mauling his firstborn son. Ergo, with a roar that would make one flinch.

"NOBODY IS MELTING TODAY!"

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Jalkron

Jalkron stood up, a metal staff appearing in his hand.  "I should get to the Koro.  Ko-Koro has fallen and if the villagers here don't know, they need to be told.  If they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they are already preparing to take it back.  Either of you want to join me?"

OOC: They didn't have to be - the post is just from Venemi's perspective, and I intentionally didn't state if she'd seen who escaped, meaning that you could post them escaping or not escaping like you would anyway. It doesn't affect your posts at all.

IC: (Venemi/Mangai tunnels)

Venemi looked around, searching for Dakku.

Kathok

IC: Denerium

Denerium moved as fast as he could to avoid getting melted by the coming lava...which wasn't very fast considering he was a Turaga. 

IC: Mimira

"Ugh, I don't want to get wet again."

IC: Mekana

"Yeah, she was the best, I was never really cut out for the archaeology stuff though."

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Liberally apply some retcons due to staff mandate, and...

IC: Casanuva did not touch the sword. He raised his hand, creating a magnetic field that lifted the blade and held it vertically. It rotated as he examined it; it was certainly bigger than his arming sword, large enough to wield with two hands, but not too large to be held with one. The blade edge had the distinct silvery sheen of protosteel, with no obvious irregularities or imperfections along its length. That made it look good, of course, but any impurities in the metal would make its use as a toa tool that much harder. The center of the blade was the special part, however. A dark gray. A permanent magnet for the core. Casanuva reached out, grasping the blade. He didn't even need to do anything to it, and his hand stuck slightly to the blade.

"Now, let's test out the handle"

The Fa-Toa squeezed two trigger just beneath the crossguard, perpendicular to the blade. Two secondary blades popped out of the guard, parallel to the main blade. Probably not big enough to rely on to injure somebody... but enough to trap a weapon.

"I have to say, gentlemen, this is probably one of the finest toa tools I have designed. Couldn't have asked for finer engineers to bring it about." A wide smile came over Casanuva's mask. "So, who wants a demonstration?"

OOC: (Updated the original unveiling)

IC: Casanuva laughed. "Don't worry, it shouldn't explode. Unless you know something I don't about the sword..." Resting the blade on his shoulder, Casanuva looked around the forge, trying to find a suitable testing target. There was a stump of charred wood; that would work. With one hand, he picked it up, and set it down on the anvil. Taking a step back, he raised the new sword over his head, and swung with both hands. Brushing off his hands, the Fa-Toa stepped back. It was halfway into the stump.

"Well, it certainly cuts." Casanuva stepped up, grabbing the sword in one hand and tried to separate it from the stump. It wouldn't budge. "I really have to thank you guys again... couldn't have been easy to make this thing, keeping the magnetic properties intact..." It still wasn't moving.

The edge of Casanuva's mouth twitched. He picked the whole thing up, and set it on the ground. He planted one foot on the stump, and activated his Pakari. He gave a tug. Something had been miscalculated; the sword gave way, and flew out of Casanuva's grasp. It spun through the air... towards the ledge.

"Nononononono!" Casanuva dashed towards the edge, diving. The sword bounced once, then slid off the edge. Casanuva slid, his torso passing over the edge. A blast of heat hit his mask, even though the lava was distant below. He reached out, nabbing a hold of the sword's magnetic field. It stopped plummeting. Slowly, the Fa-Toa backed up on the ledge, before standing up. He still held up the sword via a magnetic field. He had... an idea. Backing away from the edge, he kept the magnetic field holding his new sword steady. Casanuva drew his normal sword, transferring it to his sword arm. He held it at the ready; the magnetic sword mimicked his movements exactly. Casanuva grinned, and tried a lunge; the magnetic sword thrust forward.

Casanuva smirked. "Well now, I think I've discovered a new little addition to my arsenal..." He sheathed his arming sword, and pulled the new sword towards his hand. When he grabbed it, a puzzled look came over Casanuva's mask as he realized he didn't have anything to store it. He could commission a scabbard... with what money? A look of realization spread across his face, and he smiled. The Fa-Toa put the sword behind his back, the handle portruding over his shoulder. With two clanks, it was magnetized to his back armor. The existing magnetic field interacted with his own larger-than-normal field, and held the sword fast, expending an insignificant amount of energy to do so.

"I guess you could call me a satisfied customer." Casanuva remarked to Tor. "I would say I hope I don't have to use it... but what am I saying, I've been ambushed three times over the last few months, and my team is heading to a warzone."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Dakku (Tunnels beneath Mount Mangai)

As we made our way through the ominous tunnels, Loraan warned us of a magma flood. This immediately made me nervous, and just when Loraan was saying that there was no danger, a huge torrent of hot, molten stone spewed towards us. I froze in place for a moment, because I wasn't sure what to do and because I was partially in awe of the glowing, orange flood of scorching hot rock. It was an amazing, unnatural sight, similar to an avalanche of snow, just much more deadly. I blinked, and realized the immediate danger. I ran, as fast as possible..

But I stumbled and fell over, my body slamming on the surface of the bridge. I had promised not to be a burden for the group, so instead of feeling fear or accepting my fiery fate, I was ashamed for having broken my promise. I didn't plead for help because of that. No, I remained silent as I stood up, aching pain surging through my body. I had decided to save myself, or die trying. If I die here, I thought, it's all my fault.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Casanuva stopped short, and his smile disappeared. "Uh... well... the advertising, and the, uh, prestige of having forged a toa tool designed and wielded by the Casanuva..."

He liked it better when someone else funded his projects.

IC: Vakua shook his head slowly in response to Vesun.

While I am versed in telepathic collectives, I have a limit of about six before I start... messing up. But you are correct.

He opened his mind to the entire group.

Rescuing those hostages seems to be the most pressing matter, but I cannot stress how carefully we must tread. We do not know if even the authorities can be trusted. If we tell of our intentions, word may spread... endangering innocents.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Wisp

"What are you guys "talking" about?" Wisp asked, recognising the concentrated expressions of Mura and Vakua's faces. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

[Ta-Wahi, Magaia Tunnels]

“Come one!”

Lucira tugged hard on Dakku’s wrist, nearly dragging the ko-matoran behind her.  It probably hurt, but it would hurt a lot less than getting hit by a wave of lava.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw an orange and white turaga stumbling along behind them.

“Get him somebody!”  She was nearly screaming at this point, and she felt a wave of helplessness wash over her.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Vaisaga

The magma was coming. He should have expected something similar to it occurring (after all, it was Mata Nui), but it still took him by surprise. His instincts moved into overdrive, and Vaisaga began to move, adrenaline flowing through him as he ran for safety. It was fortunate, however, that he was close enough to Denerium to pick up the stumbling Turaga, saving the older being from being cooked by the heat. It was dangerous, being so close, so he didn't stop, even with the extra weight, legs pushing to their limit as he tried to keep pace with the others.

"No more waves are necessary," the androgynous Toa managed to pant out, "I have him."

IC Miya

The young but not too young matoran clung tightly to Teide, her chest squeezed in his back, heart beating like a drum. Once he had gotten her to safety she looked around for the girly toa that had originally saved her, she saw him carrying the alcoholic grapefruit guy. Running towards him she leapt and struck him with a glomping autohitting hug.

"Yay! You're okay!"

• Upvote 4

...but close to it

IC: Denerium

"This...reminds me of the old days..." Denerium exclaimed with ragged breath. "I was taller though...and not old as dirt..." 

For an old guy who'd almost been incinerated by lava, he was doing alright. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar