Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

At the moment, they still do. Abd they have no real reason not to, the only MB they've encountered was on their side.In fact, Po-Koro doesn't have a reason either. They haven't been ravaged by Bearers, and considering who the high ranking military people are there, they won't have a reason any time soon.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

ATTENTION WARRIORS!Are you a noble spirit, looking to do good on this island?Are you ready to fight against the growing evil and darkness that Makuta is spreading?Are you... a hero?If so, maybe the Toa Ancora is the right place for you!INTERESTED?A team of seven warriors with truly noble intentions is being assembled. Representations of the seven heavenly virtues are required for the team. These are:- Patience- Kindness- Temperance- Chastity- Charity- Diligence- HumilityTo enter, simply make a character (pre-made or new) which embodies one of these seven virtues, and PM it to either me, or Tyler Durden by September 28th.Now, some ground rules:- One entry per member.- All BZP rules apply.- No plagiarism, no whining, no complaining, no flaming, no trolling... I could go on, but you should understand what I'm getting at here.- All characters must be Toa. Period.- Have fun! I realize that everyone says that, but seriously! This is a game for people to enjoy playing! :PSo, anyway, that should be all. If you have any questions, just ask Tyler, Hubert (It's a Gundam!) or me.

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

ATTENTION WARRIORS!Are you a noble spirit, looking to do good on this island?Are you ready to fight against the growing evil and darkness that Makuta is spreading?Are you... a hero?If so, maybe the Toa Ancora is the right place for you!INTERESTED?A team of seven warriors with truly noble intentions is being assembled. Representations of the seven heavenly virtues are required for the team. These are:- Patience- Kindness- Temperance- Chastity- Charity- Diligence- HumilityTo enter, simply make a character (pre-made or new) which embodies one of these seven virtues, and PM it to either me, or Tyler Durden by September 28th.Now, some ground rules:- One entry per member.- All BZP rules apply.- No plagiarism, no whining, no complaining, no flaming, no trolling... I could go on, but you should understand what I'm getting at here.- All characters must be Toa. Period.- Have fun! I realize that everyone says that, but seriously! This is a game for people to enjoy playing! :PSo, anyway, that should be all. If you have any questions, just ask Tyler, Hubert (It's a Gundam!) or me.
Hey the Toa Maasi had the same idea two. Though we are use different possitive terms though :P Edited by IX. Dymex

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

It's not the same concept.The Ancora have been around, in some form, for years. They are directly based on the seven heavenly virtues, a direct contrast to the Daedra.The Maasi are a general good Toa Team.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Yeah. We were planning on doing two similar to those and one the same. Our list is justice, courage, loyalty, faith, care, persistence, and humility.the difference being that we are not consumed by our virtues/faults.
Pretty much in a nutshell

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

The attributes represent us, rather than us bring driven by them, AKA what this new Toa team which are the good version of the Daedra.

Yeah. We were planning on doing two similar to those and one the same. Our list is justice, courage, loyalty, faith, care, persistence, and humility.the difference being that we are not consumed by our virtues/faults.
And that your list isn't even close to being the same. Nor that the characters take up the mantles of being one of the Heavenly Virtues, or counter the Daedra in that regard.Besides which, a char need not be utterly consumed by the sin/virtue in either the Ancora or Daedra. Lust does not possess carnal desire afaik...She does lust for other things, but she doesn't really embody every aspect of her sin save in reactions most males feel to her appearance as well as mentality. Of all the Daedra thus far I'm pretty sure Wrath is the one who is consumed most by his sin. Edited by World's #1 Dad

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

So what's the spin going to be this time around, cause I believe one of the reasons they fell apart last time is because they were just there, with little reason for existing.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

While I do agree that meeting up gradually would be for the better, that doesn't change the fact that they don't have a twist. Something to make them unique from the Daedra and the like. I feel like the idea we originally had with TDC on board worked well, where his character was a con-man who was conning them into being heroes for hire/fake heroes in order to make money.We need something like that, something that will nudge them in the path, but also be an interesting take.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

This time around, they can't be the arch-enemy of the Daedra (not like they really were last time either, but yannow :P); the Daedra were just formed a day ago IC, and nobody save the seven Toa and one Akrainid even know that they exist. So that'll put a new spin on it, seeing as last time, the Daedra were the sole reason for their existence.Also, EW should play Chastity again, to keep things interesting. :)

At the moment, they still do. Abd they have no real reason not to, the only MB they've encountered was on their side.In fact, Po-Koro doesn't have a reason either. They haven't been ravaged by Bearers, and considering who the high ranking military people are there, they won't have a reason any time soon.
Po-Koro is a close ally of all the other Koros, who have nothing but scary stories to tell about Mark Bearers, plus Ga-Koro is urging the other Koros to shutting down Bearer traffic because they don't want to just shove their problems onto theirs.Pala-Koro isn't as close, and they've heard and seen nothing but good things from a Mark Bearer, so they have no reason to ban thim. However, for story purposes, I'd most suggest the Kumu-Islets, because they all know the temple is there; meaning there is a chance of removing them. Providing that's what's in the temple.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Exactly.They won't be the arch enemy of the Daedra to start. In fact, they might never end up the arch enemy of the Daedra. But considering the circles the two travel in, it's likely.EDIT: Unfortunately, Snipe, that particular Bearer has never met any of the others.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

Cole Macgrath's distaff counterpart is going to have a long talk with greed about the principle of "innocent until guilty"
This isn't America. The MBs have proven themselves very dangerous time and time again, and the matoran's rights are greater than those of the 'mysterious warriors with glowing tattoos'. Really, it's a miracle they don't exile Toa- the warriors bring nothing but fights and destruction to the villages.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Moving Dyzaera to try to help the innocent MB's as soon as Krayzikk responds to my edited post. Cole Macgrath's distaff counterpart is going to have a long talk with greed about the principle of "innocent until guilty"
Can't post. It would be a double post.

fK5oqYf.jpg