Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Okay, coming from an outside perspective:

Are you guys blowing this out of proportion?

Or am I just a poor judge of character?

Granted, Xara seems more than a little (but not quite a lot) arrogant, and the Twins can be quite dismissive.

However, I'm not sure where all the complaints about Exxan are coming from.

If he is arrogant, he seems more like the "I'm surrounded by idiots and can't do anything about it I wanna shoot myself in the head because of the dumbness" arrogant than the "Hah! Lowly scum! Know your place!" arrogant. More exasperation than hubris. More pragmatism than... Uh, general dog-kicking for the evulz evilness.

• Upvote 2

If he is arrogant, he seems more like the "I'm surrounded by idiots and can't do anything about it I wanna shoot myself in the head because of the dumbness" arrogant than the "Hah! Lowly scum! Know your place!" arrogant. More exasperation than hubris. More pragmatism than... Uh, general dog-kicking for the evulz evilness.

Yeah. That is what I don't like. Calling everybody idiots even though they clearly show signs of intelligence just annoys me about his personality.

I dunno. I just have a thing against arrogant people due to personal experience.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

I think the big problem with Exxan's personality, and I think this has been mentioned, is that he has a lot of power being one of the Lvl. 3s and that he has a high rank amongst Phogen's group. He's acting quite cocky about that. And murdering someone doesn't seem to affect his psyche. No trauma, and there's not really any guilt. He still considers Omega as a threat to his safety, and doesn't realize that there are those (Kat, Fang, Recoil, Rider, Bullseye, etc.) that are friends/close friends to Omega. And his only regret is that he's going to get punished. And even while de-armed he still maintains that personality.

When has Exxan ever been cocky? He's been living in a constant state of borderline-paranoia since Wreck the Halls. Of course he doesn't feel guilty about killing Omega; he felt it was his only choice. Besides, Rahkshi are made to kill. And he is traumatised. He can't stop thinking about it, and he's plagued by a whole lot of self-doubt that he didn't have before. And at no point did he regret being punished. He expected to be punished. His only regret is that there was no other way to resolve the problem, and Tridax is making him question that as well. 

Exxan is the best read, Xara is self proclaimed best fighter, the twins belittle just about anyone they fight internally, and Era is perhaps the only one who has any sense of humility.

It's hardly my fault that Exxan's been doing well. The Twins have never actually belittled anyone who didn't deserve it. Xara, however, was intended to come across as arrogant. That's her flaw. 

Okay, coming from an outside perspective:

Are you guys blowing this out of proportion?

Or am I just a poor judge of character?

Granted, Xara seems more than a little (but not quite a lot) arrogant, and the Twins can be quite dismissive.

However, I'm not sure where all the complaints about Exxan are coming from.

Yes. Xara was intended to be arrogant. The Twins have their bond, that's what makes them dismissive. 

Pragmatism. You hit the nail on the head. That's exactly where I was going with this the entire time. Exxan also suppresses his emotions; thinks they cloud his judgement. He's exasperated by those around him because they don't understand the way he thinks, and he can't understand them either. 

And to my defence, Funky and I were planning to ship Exxan and Phogen to make him embrace his emotional side a bit more, but since Funky has apparently vanished off the face of the earth, that bit of character development has been postponed until if/when ever Phogen returns. 

Yeah. That is what I don't like. Calling everybody idiots even though they clearly show signs of intelligence just annoys me about his personality. 

He only thinks of them as idiots because he sees them as misusing their intelligence. They have it, but they don't do anything productive with it. Ibstead, everyone spends all of their time starting stupid fights over petty things. If you read back through everything, you'll notice that Exxan has not started a single fight. He's only ever acted in defence agaisnt people who attack him.

I think that says a lot about the way he's been using his intelligence. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

He only thinks of them as idiots because he sees them as misusing their intelligence. They have it, but they don't do anything productive with it. Ibstead, everyone spends all of their time starting stupid fights over petty things. If you read back through everything, you'll notice that Exxan has not started a single fight. He's only ever acted in defence agaisnt people who attack him.

I think that says a lot about the way he's been using his intelligence. 

Hmm. When he started the fight with Pyre because he was pretending to be a lawyer? When he called Death and his brothers idiots for no reason?

Also:

"I started down the halls, feeling exposed and vulnerable for the first time in days - it felt like a lifetime. It was almost like being a level two again, a worthless nobody. The familiar feeling was oddly comforting in a strange way...

No! "

I think that shows Exxan is the kind of guy who "Wanna be the very best like no one ever was."

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

Hmm. When he started the fight with Pyre because he was pretending to be a lawyer? When he called Death and his brothers idiots for no reason?

I think that shows Exxan is the kind of guy who "Wanna be the very best like no one ever was." 

Again, nope. When he was at level two, he was a hapless nerd, no power or authority. No one knew who he was, no one cared about him. Now that he's at level three, he has the power to make a difference in the school, and he doesn't want to let that go. 

The lawyer thing was because Exxan was trying to help everyone make a serious decision, and Pyre walked right in and made a mockery of the entire situation - the exact opposite of what Exxan was trying to accomplish. And the one with the brothers... I honestly don't even remember that one, sorry. 

Just to clarify, when I said fights I meant psychical confrontations, battles, etc. not arguments. 

Let me just say that Exxan did call everyone together to decide Torch's fate, and then say he was proud of them. I know you'll come up with some justification, Roman, but that whole thing seemed arrogant to me. 

He was proud of them because they proved him right for once: they made a decision without it ending in a everyone trying to hack each other to pieces in a bloodbath. Think about it: how many times have characters in this game tried to kill each other over the stupidest little things? Root, Deadeye and Booger just now at the Causeway being a prime example of what I mean.

Also the injuries from the battle with Omega and his arm painfully restrained on the back doesn't seem to affect him either.

Well he's rested since then, so the injuries would have started healing of their own accord by now. 

And I've mentioned many times in posts the issue of his arm. He couldn't sit back in his chair, had to carry and eat his slop one-handed at the refectory, and so on. The reason he hasn't been having too much trouble is because, if you look at his MOC, he's predominantly right-handed, and Ultron's post clearly says that it was his left hand that got tied. His post also said it's restrained in an "almost-painful" way, so I've been writing as if Exxan's only really been feeling the mild discomfort one would expect from having their arm stuck in one awkward position for several hours. 

Sooo. In other news. Do you think the assignment would be related to the village?

Well, Ultron said he was coming up with a new village for the next assignment, so it's probably safe to assume the answer is yes. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Think about it: how many times have characters in this game tried to kill each other over the stupidest little things? Root, Deadeye and Booger just now at the Causeway being a prime example of what I mean.

Well that doesn't quite count.  Booger wanted to start trouble from the beginning.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Well... that kind of counts more, then. It proves my point about characters misusing their intelligence in order to start fights. 

We're a buncha psychos.

Maybe not. Xara's theory is that all of the new Rahkshi are defective somehow, so they don't really have a choice in how they are.

Exxan thinks otherwise; that everyone is choosing to waste their potential. 

I'll leave it to the rest of you to decide which of those two theories is going to be proven right. 

All this time I've noticed Vaalku has been really talkative to everyone, but doesn't have any opponents yet. Save Rubberahk, of course.

Vaalku doesn't believe so many Rahks are crazy because of defects or wasted potential, but the fact that so many of the irritable ones are in close proximity all the time. Even ones like Fang and Exxan, who clearly have their wits about them to a larger degree than others, are constantly fighting with themselves and everyone.

Isn't this pretty much what Fang's been saying this whole time, and everyone thinks he's crazy for it?

What a shame. Exxan doesn't want to hear Fang's confession. Also, Vaalku isn't near Fang right now... I think.

Edited by Click

Isn't this pretty much what Fang's been saying this whole time, and everyone thinks he's crazy for it?

What a shame. Exxan doesn't want to hear Fang's confession. Also, Vaalku isn't near Fang right now... I think.

Why... yes it is. I guess the two of them have more in common than we originally thought. 

Wait... he isn't? I get so confused whenever Vaalku's around. He has a habit of weird teleporting.

I might go edit my Exxan post and have him go over to Fang, then. If that's okay with you?

Okay, edited. 

And if Vaalku could mind his own business for once, that would be welcome too. 

Tube's pretty lost without Checkers, so I might just leave them alone for a while unless Zakaro comes back. Without him, the school has a shortage of evil masterminds. That played a big part in writing up Rain for me.

Also, you might enjoy this, Roman. I drew Era (which explains why I was looking up whip combat videos) and Zivon! It's not Exxan, but I hope to get to him at some point. He's a pretty big character by now.

Edited by Click

With Omega's death and all afterwards, Sidonas really hasn't been told what has been going on. Mainly due to him locking himself up in his dorm to create different tools and weapons. I've been trying to think on how to write this from the POV of a character who really hasn't said but a word or two to anyone. Kinda tricky to make an uninformed, isolated character when you're used to making people who accidentally or purposely have walked into every single conflict within a kilometer. I mean, Sidonas really has no idea what has transpired over the past few weeks besides the death of a Rahk, his stolen Codex, and a few fights. And also falling from a ledge and crushing his legs.

So my question is: How do you get a clueless maniac bent on keeping plenty of secrets who is currently crippled (And a bit silent and some what antisocial), to gain friends in a large student body whom the only relation he has is being of the same race? I could just have him tick someone off when he is back on his feet, or do something stupid that goes far enough to get him in trouble, or something genius like smuggling a bunch of stuff to benefit fellow Rahk while remaining anonymous until someone finds out who did it.

Any Ideas? I can't decide on anything right now.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Also, you might enjoy this, Roman. I drew Era (which explains why I was looking up whip combat videos) and Zivon! It's not Exxan, but I hope to get to him at some point. He's a pretty big character by now.

That is seriously awesome. I love it. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Yep, I saw it. Exxan's got the whole story now. :D I thought I'd tie it in with that funeral I mentioned, and Hoto just kind of slipped in.

So yeah, Fang's a killer, and Hoto's upset. Always plenty of drama with my characters.

Too bad Era's busy... somewhere... 

I look forward to the day it does. Just don't expect Exxan to rely solely on hand-to-hand stuff. Sorry. 

I actually meant him using his powers, not weapons.

But if he's allowed to use weapons as well... :evilbiggrin:

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Yeah... a use Exxan has exploited once... one that Caoutchouc would be expecting.

I'll need to be more imaginative; come up with some fresh material and get Exxan's arm freed before I he fights Caoutchouc.