Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Escapement - Gameplay

Recommended Posts

IC: Vashni - The Taku -

Hmmm, whatever it was, it was definitely bothering Nale quite a bit. .:Do you want to talk about it? I promise that either way it will just be between us.:. 

Vashni didn’t want to pressure her, but it seemed like Nale wanted to get it off her chest, and having someone to confide in was something people often took for granted. .:If you’d rather not discuss it then I won’t bring it up again:. 

@Tarn



My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

She looked around the room, then to Vashni. Nale knew that the more people who knew about her secret, the more likely it would come to light, and at the moment she didn't want that. It was like she told Knichou: there was so much already going on, and she didn't want to add to that.

No, I...I'm sorry. I can't talk about it. I...

Vashni was another Toa, she'd probably understand Nale's problems better than a Matoran could. And it wasn't like she didn't trust the Ce-Toa, she seemed like a kind person if her concern was any indication. It just wasn't the right time.

...we can discuss this later.


@Snelly

IC: Rose - Temple Assault 

The Ta-Toa burst into the temple, and for a brief moment was able to take in the details of what was once a holy place, now inverted and evil. The statues heads had been removed and replaced with the heads of dead Matoran, expressions of horror frozen on their faces and dead eyes staring back at her; the temple's Suva was beyond repair, reduced to rubble that only somewhat resembled its original form.

The sight of such...heresy enraged her, and her blue eyes were like small flames in the eyeholes of her Hau as she unleashed the cleansing fire of her flamethrower on the nearest group of League soldiers. Screaming filled the ruins, both from the heretics dying slow, painful deaths and from the Ta-Toa killing them in anger. She forgot anyone else was there. Rose was entirely swept up in her emotion, filled with hatred. She was sure at some point she might have gone hand-to-hand with one of the members of Mantax's species, but everything was becoming hazy the more she fought and killed.

In her mind she saw images flash of her home...what they had done to her home...the bodies--oh god, the bodies. Her family...everyone gone...

She rampaged through the ruins until, as if someone had flipped a switch, she awoke to herself bashing a League soldier's head in with her riot shield. The Ta-Toa backed away from the body, into a wall, and slumped to the floor with her head in her hands.

Not every victory felt like one.

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Vashni - The Taku -

.:Whenever you're ready then:. And that was the last thing Vashni would say on the matter, at least until Nale decided to bring it up again. 

IC: Skyra - Temple -

Skyra felt like her breath was taken away as she entered the temple. What...what had they done? The shock of seeing the horrified expressions on the faces of each head was...well it was a bit too much for the young Toa. Skyra was used to seeing death by now, it was part of war after all. But this...this was something else entirely. 

This was a massacre, they probably never even fought back, just struck down without mercy. Their beliefs and way of life mocked and defaced by the League. It was unforgivable. 

Skyra's fists grew tight, while Rose had began to let out her rage quite openly, Skyra's was a much more silent kind of anger. A League Skadki tried to jump her as she slowly walked through the temple, but she cut him down with a katana faster than he could react. Her normal cheeriness was gone, all that was left was righteous anger. 

So she began to cut down League soldiers as she came across them, even as they began to attempt to retreat. There was nothing flashy about her attacks, they were just simple and clean movements, like she was a machine harvesting a crop. 

She suffocated a Vortixx and then cut them down when she finally saw Rose against a wall. It...it was hard to see her like that, especially when Skyra knew exactly how she was feeling at that moment. She approached Rose slowly, watching for any enemies, and when seeing none knelt down next to her. 

Skyra tried to speak, but her throat seemed to have failed her. It was then Skyra finally noticed that her face felt wet, she wiped it away with her hands. How long had she been crying? 

Not knowing what else to do, Skyra sat down against the wall next to Rose, feeling kind of numb. 

@Tarn

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 4


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Po

4 hours ago, Tarn said:

"Good...luck to him, I guess?" Jutori replied, before turning to Kanohi. 

"You can wish him luck yourself," Stannis said to the matoran cryptically as Jutori took a step away. "We'll see him again soon enough."

Quote

"Welcome back aboard, Stannis," she said to the old man with a smile. She looked to the group of travelers they'd picked up. "And welcome to the Taku, everyone else. I guess you guys don't really have any other options since that Dark Hunter did...that, but you'll like it here. I think."

The Wanderer was pleased to see Nale in good spirits, and if he suspected anything he made no indication of it. "Thank you, Toa Nale," was all he said at first, earnestly glad that they had survived the latest gambit and had recovered a great disc. 

 He turned back to the company that had assembled in the Taku—matoran, kralhi, and toa alike—and took stock of them. They were a good group, he realized, dedicated and skilled each in their own areas. Even little Kanohi had a place there, as he eagerly conversed with others and repaired things he noticed needed fixing. He wondered if this was the resistance Mata Nui had intended for him to raise, and decided in that instant that if that were so he couldn't have been happier to be with people who not only realized what was at stake but had the guile to accept that not everything was as it seemed. And wars had been won with fewer forces than these. 

 "The addition of the robot makes the group complete, I think. We should be away but I need to have words with Knichou first. We have a memory crystal to explore after all—and any are free to come and observe."

  • Like 2

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Oreius | Temple Assault

The Toa of Fire entered the temple brandishing a hand-and-a-half sword he had taken from the body of a dead League soldier, but the battle was already practically over. He met a single being of an unknown species attempting to flee—the man looked at him with wide eyes and dropped his weapon, raising both hands in obvious surrender.

"Please, I—"

His sentence was cut short as his head was cut from his body. Oreius watched the corpse stand for a long moment before crumpling to the ground, then flicked the blood from his weapon and continued in. The horror that awaited him was beyond words. Looking around, he saw his allies in various states of shock at the sight of what the League had done. The heads of the overlooking statues were gone, replaced by the heads of dead Matoran, their faces grimacing down on the bloodbath. The Suva, the holiest of sites, was little more than rubble. A Matoran corpse lay over it, as if sacrificed to an unknown god.

Oreius felt a familiar ember stir to life in his belly, then slowly rise to flood his limbs with energy as hot as the sun. His anger burned brighter than it had ever burned before. His hands were shaking, causing his his sword's point to trace shapes in the air. Fists white-knuckled, he silently wished for even a drop of his elemental energy back, that he might scour this place. Burn away the blasphemy in cleansing fire. Then, beyond that, to incinerate this very day from every record and calendar, that no one might ever speak of it again. 

But his prayer was in vain. His veins had run dry, and all he could do was look upon this cruel scene with jaw clenched and eyes full of impotent fire.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Arkius - Po-Metru

At the moment their heads made impact, Arkius could feel something had gone terribly, terribly wrong. That feeling lingered only a moment before he suddenly felt like his face was splitting open, caving in, and imploding, all at the same time, his whole head thrown back with intense force as the mask he'd been wearing, the mask he'd put through too much to the point it that it'd shone like a lighthouse beacon, exploded in a blinding flash, shattering and expelling all of its energies into its surroundings, with Arkius feeling his body flooded and then torn apart by them. His form fell back, limp, the sheer shock of the event leaving Arkius entirely out of action.

 

IC: Ardoku - Temple Assault

"He'll pull through, but that arm of his will take time to recover, as will he need to take it slow after a chest wound like that." The toa with the mask of healing replied to Tekmo, his eyes still firmly on the toa of plasma. "He seems to have lost quite a lot of blood too, so that'll take time to recover from."

With his arm re-attached, his lungs cleared of blood, and his chest wound healed, Ardoku's formerly shallow breathing turned regular and deep. His heartlight's previously erratic and dim fluttering turned into a steady beat of light, indicating that hevwas stable. That moment, the toa of plasma took a deep breath and snapped himself back to attention, his healthier arm grasping the silver scar on his side, before looking down at the arm he'd lost. A previously panicked expression turned hopeful, the toa tossing his arm toward the scabbard with his sword, only for the arm to flail uselessly. His expression turned from hope to concern. "I can't feel my arm."

"Don't worry, this is quite normal after reattaching a fully severed limb. You'll need to give it time to fully heal, and you'll need to train it. Whether you'll ever regain full strength in that limb, I can't say, but it won't be a walk in the park."

Ardoku nodded, a solemn expression on his features. Right now he was just glad that he hadn't lost his arm forever. With a grunt of exertion, Ardoku rose back to his feet. "Lets just finish this battle already."

The intrepid toa had only taken one step forward before he found himself faceplanting.

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vyarik/Revenant - Po-Metru

The Revenant staggered backwards, pieces of protodermis flicking away in its wake as fragments of cracked kanohi filtered through the sandy air. Its own mask was damaged beyond use, two savage cracks splintering the custom-forged Kanohi into three, only the power of the Revenant's inherent magnetism keeping it attached to its battered face. 

Sheathing its swords, the Revenant removed the almost-comical axe still anchored to its arm, and tossed it to the ground. The sandstorm the Toa had summoned was beginning to dissipate, and though the Revenant could sense he still lived, he didn't seem to be in any state to pose a further threat at present. 

Spurred on by the dwindling power of the speed disks, the mangled Revenant continued its sprint towards the city centre. 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Morah - Barraki Fortress

Morah flashed Carapar a toothy grin beneath her respirator. Taking on the City of Legends... now you're talking! She was ready to take on the whole island of those smug little Matoran...

A flash of pain while she stretched reminded her that she wasn't quite ready. Quick hop to the Infirmary it is.

 

IC: Karista - Ga-Metru

Karista flexed her arm, trying to buy time to remember what she's supposed to say before Paju cut herself off. She stiffened, and looked down. "No... very far..." she said, almost wistfully.

@Smudge8

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Coliseum
As Raz waited and planted his secret weapon he took in the gardens, got a better view of the terrain. The room stood twice Raz's height at least. The walls were glass, smooth and polished. Out of them twinkled the myriad city lights of Metru-Nui far below, with the chutes looking like silver veins in a glimmering body. With enough patience he made out the dwindling flames in Ta-Metru being put out under the control of the vahki. He imagined with the lights inside at night this garden room looked beautiful to passing airships. During the day visitors to the garden saw out, but at night the city saw in. 
Turning away from the windows Raz gave the rest of the room his attention with his mercenary appraisal. Someone regularly cleaned the silver protodermis floor, even if bits of dirt from the planter boxes starting at ankle height made their way to the ground. Small patches of dust behind harder to move objects made him realize whoever cleaned probably didn't love their job. The floor cut between tan wooden planter boxes full of rare and exotic flowers and vines from across the known universe. He found himself drawn toward the sounds of a small garden pool gurgling happily in the center of the room. Water lilies in full bloom floated on the surface. Yellow and pink and white flowers floated abundantly amidst the green pads on the pool's surface. 
"Beautiful, aren't they. They rise from the mud of this world, nurtured by the swirling waters of destiny and community," said the voice Raz recognized as Turaga Dume's after their conversation via vahki downstairs. 
Behind him stood the aged Turaga. Flanking him were two very armored vahki of the kind revealed during a proclamation not so long ago. Dume wore a strong expression, his mantle of office draped across his shoulders, the necklace on its chain around his neck, the fire staff of his past planted solidly on the floor. He raised his right hand and held it outstretched, awaiting.
"It's nice to know your Master has some integrity in him yet in sending you here. The Krom Sphere, Hunter. If you'd please."
...
The challenge with public elevators on the Coliseum Idlryx soon found was that they didn't go to secured floors where the bulk of political business occurred. He did find the indoor water park though, and many Ga-matoran thought his antlers were part of the fun. He would need to find a way to get security clearance for the central elevators hidden behind reinforced doors. At least he assumed that's where the reinforced doors went. The elevator he rode only went to floor 49 after all. 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru
"Actually, my friend and some others are down there. Can we wait a minute," Vhisola asked, feeling guilty about running away. "I'll buy you dinner and a gym membership, Patchy. They have showers at the gym."
Under the sea the disc hunters were caught up in their discovery, only to hear the bubbling, waterlogged screech of an extremely humiliated giant squid. Time to go!
Nixie swam toward the surface as quick as she could, looking behind her to make sure Taka followed. They broke the surface and bobbed on the waves, seeing a small boat and a family matoran looking over the rail.
"Hey you," she shouted, "throw a rope! We gotta go!"
"You don't have a rope, do you?" Vhisola said to Thom. It wasn't really a question. Then the squid's scarred and barnacled tentacles burst through the surface of the water
 

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Thom - Ga Metru Bay (Reliving a nightmare)

"Dinner sounds good! Reckon ah can getta plate o-" 

Just as he was about to request a good hot portion of Mahi meat and spaghetti, a few more Matoran swam to the boat, asking for a rope. Vhisola was correct, he had no rope. In fairness, if he'd have had time, he'd have packed a lot more. 

Then, something broke right through the assassin's pleased and jovial nature, as well as the waves in front of him. Giant tentacles penetrated the calm waters, his mind flashing back to the siren he'd slain. Thom's eyes widened in panic, dropping the blanket and freezing, catatonic.

"Ah killed 'er. That's why it's 'ere." The Ko-Skakdi muttered, hand shakily grasping his revolver. 

IC: Leonn - In The Tube

I'm famished. I could murder for a plate of mince Mahi and temple squid ink pasta. And a good cup of properly roasted coffee. Mmmm. I'll ask Nidhiki about going out for a meal after our business is conducted. 

Edited by Dane

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

Tekmo tries to help Ardoku to his feet. "I'm afraid that it doesn't seem like you're in any condition to continue fighting, comrade."

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru)

Out in the street, Waveahk noticed a couple of Vahki out on patrol. This was it. The point of no return.

"Excuse me." He said to get their attention as he walked towards them. "I am an ex-Dark Hunter. I am surrendering to you, as I have learned that my former employers plan to betray and assassinate Turaga Dume." This was not the actual reason behind his betrayal, nor his surrender, but no-one but himself needed to know that.


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC, Kohara: Ga-Metru

Kohara and Okuo bobbed up above the waves soon after Nixie and Taja. Kohara spotted a boat. "Come on!" she shouted to Okuo as she pushed him towards it. She looked up and saw Vhisola and an emaciated-looking Skakdi sitting inside. She and Okuo swam over to to it, which was coincidentally where Nixie and Taja were. "Hey!" Kohara shouted at the Skakdi. "Help these Matoran into your boat!"

No sooner did she say this when one of the giant squid's large tentacles burst out of the water. Out of patience due to the whole ordeal with the whirlpool, Kohara responded by firing laser blasts out of her eyes at the tentacle. 

OOC: @Dane

Edited by ~Xemnas~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Okuo - Ga-Metru

While trying to get onto the boat, Okuo saw plainly the alleged toa of water firing laser beams from her eyes, proving to him beyond doubt that she was a toa not of water, but of light. "Hey so I'm not the only one seeing that, am I?!"

 

IC: Raz - Coliseum

"Yes, of course, I'll get right on-" 

In a move disguised as reaching for an imagined object for delivery, Raz very swiftly pulled two actions at the same time. One, they grabbed the blood hidden among the planters flanking Dume and his two guards, and in one fell swoop pulled them up and out in two high pressure spikes aimed for the Vahki heads with the intent to disable them through complete cranial destruction.

Two, Raz's mask glowed red as a rhotuka spinner shot forth, aimed directly at the Turaga.

 

IC: Ardoku - Temple Assault

Ardoku accepted the helping hand from Tekmo, but then drew his weapon with his one good hand. "I'm fine. Just get me closer. I want to hit them with my sword." The toa's tired voice had a tone of spiteful bravado to it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Assault)

"Of course. Through here I believe." Tekmo led Ardoku into the temple... and very nearly threw up at what was inside.


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Thom - Ga Metru Bay (Keeping It Cool)

The Skakdi offered the Matoran hands up, though he looked absolutely terrified. 

"Wehavetagowehavetagowehavetago-"

IC: Kovac Krossfari - Coliseum (Getting To The Elevator)

Blood feeling like gasoline, Kovac sped to the elevator, rapidly pressing to as high as it could go.

Edited by Dane

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Idlyx Haeve - The Coliseum

An annoyed Idlyx simply stood and stewed in his rage at the sight of the Ga-Matoran playing in the water park, some treating his antlers like part of the attractions which only made his mood worse. A Ga-Matoran tried to climb them and he barked out a "GET AWAY," prompting her to run away in fear. He sighed and ran his palm down his face. Dume's floor was off-limits to civilians--of course it was. Why wouldn't it be? He'd need clearance first, which he hoped the Dark Hunters had. Idlyx spotted a nearby Vahki watching over the Matoran--presumably to ensure they returned to work hours eventually--and strolled over.

"Excuse me," the deer-man said as politely as possible, hoping the bucket of bolts understood him, "is there any way I could have an audience with Dume at the moment? It's, uh...Dark Hunter business. Urgent business."

He looked around, as if he was checking for any listening ears, then leaned in and whispered:

"I believe someone is planning an attempt on the Turaga's life."

Edited by Tarn

letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jabali - The Coliseum

Well, so much for that.

Was there anything she could do today that wasn't useless?

The Toa was already at the elevators, his long strides outpacing even her most determined sprinting in a moment, and Jabai had a feeling that he'd be twenty floors above her by the time she reached them herself. Either he didn't want her help, or he was just so determined that he hadn't even stopped to consider her beyond that first acknowledgement. Sighing to herself, the Po-girl turned around and headed, again, for the visitor centre.

It was with just a hint of resigned weariness that she waved for the attention of the Vahki stationed there.

"I feel like everyone already knows by this point. But the Dark Hunters are turning on Turaga Dume and you really-really-REALLY need to make sure none of them get near him, please?"

If the Vahki told her they already knew this fact, too, she was probably gonna scream.

 

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru Great Furnace

"Oh! I like the way you think."

Between the sprinkler nozzles and the hanging chains... he was right, it should be a relatively simple matter to swing their way across to the catwalk. No less conspicuous if a Matoran worker happened to look in the wrong direction at the wrong time, of course; but up so high above their heads, it was also a lot less likely that any of them would look that way. The little guys were so often absorbed in their work - not that she was one to talk - that Zecrillia had often been convinced that the world could collapse around them and they'd still keep on toiling away like nothing was wrong.

"Here we go, then! Wish me luck!"

Without any further thought, beyond picking out a sturdy sprinkler for her first handhold, Zecrillia took a run down the remaining distance of the conveyor belt, one that ended in a daring leap for her target. Despite being out of practice at this, for she hadn't undertaken serious physical exertion of this kind since her rite of passage on the mountain several years back, her leap was powerful, and she found her hand grasping around the intended sprinkler nozzle. She was glad her hands were naturally armoured; otherwise they would have been slick with sweat from the heat, and would have made gripping on a far more difficult task.

Even as it was, she didn't remain stationary; no sooner had she got one handhold than she was reaching with her other hand for the next. Something creaked when she grabbed onto it, but Zecrillia chose not to think about that. So long as she kept moving, so that nothing had to support her weight for too long, she should be fine. Right?


(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Rek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OOC: mobile
 
IC: Vyarik/Revenant – Po-Metru (Protodermis Warehouse)
 
Though it's ever instinct was screaming for it to reach the Coliseum, the Revenant knew it required repairs.
 
Its form had been mangled in death, and damaged even further during the bout with the Toa.
 
It understood it could not be healed in the conventional sense, but there were other ways to reinforce its form, and the search for supplies had brought it to one of the various warehouses that dotted Po-Metru.
 
The Dark Hunter’s body had still carried some currency, apparently a fairly significant sum, given the reaction of the guard the Revenant had handed the coinpurse to on his way into the warehouse. Bribery was one of the many lessons the Untethered had gleaned from the memories of Vyarik.
 
One inside, it only took a few minutes of searching among the hexagonal compartments for the Revenant to find what it sought. Given the occupation of this Metru’s residents, carving supplies and the like were in abundance in the warehouse’s storage spaces, and the Revenant had soon gathered up a hefty supply for use in its grim, gory work.
 
Huddling in a darkened corner of the warehouse, the Revenant set about using its magnetism and sheer brute strength to restore its broken body. Spare parts found new purpose in replacing broken bones and rent
armour. Chisels became nails, hammered into its bones to reinforce weakened joints. Coils of wire and strips of scaffolding became bandages, bent and bound to cover damaged armour and lacerated flesh. A firestaff was put to use welding the parts new and old into place, making them a permanent part of the new, horrifying whole. It gave
especial attention to fortifying its torso, to safeguard the spirit core residing within.
 
After a half-hour of bloody, brutal reconstruction, the Revenant rose from the red puddle it had left on the warehouse floor, strewn with discarded parts and splintered bone fragments.
 
It was renewed.
 
It was ready.
 
Donning a dusty cloth as a makeshift cloak to cover the worst of its disfigurements, and the congealed crimson staining its form, the Revenant set off for the chute station that would carry it to the Coliseum.
 
It was time to for the dead god to live again.

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: @Darth Jaller @Unreliable Narrator

IC [Zataka - Coliseum]:

"Say that again." a voice spoke up from nearby Jabali. Zataka had kept an eye on the surroundings while waiting at the elevator herself. Half an hour, the Matoran secretary had told her. Enough to get thoroughly bored without something to do - in this case people watching. She's expected a lot of idle small talk that might help her understand the people of the city better. Instead there seemed to be a conspiracy to murder the Turaga unfolding. Guess the old fool does do a few things right if they're coming after him like this...

With a few long strides, the warrior had joined the Po-Matoran, Vahki and secretary from earlier. "Where's the emergency override for the lifts?" she demanded.

The secretary looked at them, wide eyed. "I'm sorry, but that is Vahki business, without your verified identities I can't let you..."

Zataka cut her off with a held up hand. Looking the Matoran straight in the eyes she power up her Suletu once more, but this time to share her own thoughts, showing the secretary exactly who she was and what she could do if she so chose. :I am on your side, but I will go up there to assist Dume by whatever means necessary. You can either help me, or go, but you will not stand in my way.:

The exchange had lasted maybe three seconds. The secretary shuddered, but then reached and pushed an unseen button on her desk. There was a chime sound from the lift doors and the floor indicator began rapidly descending. Just a few moments later, the lift doors whooshed open. Zataka looked at the Po-Matoran next to her. "Let's go." she said before briskly walking back over to the elevator and stepping inside the cabin.

She looked at the available buttons, then hit the one labeled 'gardens', but then paused and put her finger on the keep-the-door-open button as well. She scanned the hall until she spotted the Turaga (Sans) and his companions.

"You better hurry up or there might not be a meeting for you, huhu!"

OOC: @Azibo @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester going up?


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Barraki Fortress

Mazor Glared at Ostrix. "She's just trying to help, no need to be so rude." He stood up, clutching the cube in one hand. "I'm the one who decided to pick it up, so I'll call the shots....But I will notify Carapar." He turned to face Irna. "You wouldn't mind accompanieng me would you?"

IC: Jephro-Dessecrated Temple

Having been patched up by one of the medics, Jephro was limping towards the temple door. "Guys?" He called out, "Are you ok in there, do you need help?"

IC: Paju-Ga-Metru

"Wow," Paju continued. "What's it like out there? I've always wanted to go travel!"

  • Like 1

I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Smudge8 said:

IC: Mazor-Barraki Fortress

Mazor Glared at Ostrix. "She's just trying to help, no need to be so rude." He stood up, clutching the cube in one hand. "I'm the one who decided to pick it up, so I'll call the shots....But I will notify Carapar." He turned to face Irna. "You wouldn't mind accompanieng me would you?"

IC:

Irna stood up with Mazor; and, at his words, she lifted her chin ever-so-slightly. She may have even smiled a little -- but in the light of this strange new sky, it was impossible to tell.

"I'm with you, Mazor," she said. "Lead the way."

-Void


 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ta-Metru

Zecrilia’s strong and powerful movements swinging from sprinkler line to sprinkler line showed the Swordsman the safe route to follow. To help with remembering which to grab, the chains wavered for a few moments in the air behind her as they slowly swung back toward their natural center in a pendulum motion. Eventually Zecrilia landed on the other side’s catwalk unharmed. Sure enough the catwalk led around the circular middle safety wall to an emergency pass-through doorway. A large barlock held it in place, no match for Zecrilia and the Swordsman’s combined force. Following the catwalks across the central section turned out to be far less of a puzzle then initially anticipated. The roaring heat of the furnaces below began boiling Zecrilia in her armor. Could she handle going further?

Something strange made its home on the catwalk. They noticed a green vine clinging to the metal framing. Why did the workers not cut it away? Surely the vines posed a security threat if they grew over the emergency exits of water sprinklers? Nothing otherwise out of the ordinary revealed itself on their journey across the middle ring of the Great Furnace.

Inside the Central ring of the Great Furnace was unbearable for Zecrilia. The heat visibly scorched her strands of hair, and smoke curled off the surface of her armor. Any moisture evaporated immediately. The Swordsman briefly wondered if he could get his element back by staying in this room long enough, but remembered that no it was gone forever. In the center of the innermost ring poured a molten fountain of smelted protodermis of the highest purity and concentration. However, near the top where the spout in the ceiling opened and released the steady flow the two disc hunters noticed a strange three button lever panel on a catwalk butting up against the pouring liquid protodermis. Approaching it took all their effort. When they arrived they saw the buttons were actually rotating numbers on a three digit combination lock. 

A three digit combination lock butting up next to the mouth of the molten protodermis falls in the Great Furnace had to mean something, they agreed.

OOC: @Darth Jaller, @Tarn

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ga-Metru

Kohara’s laser blast from her eyes looked more like something a skakdi, not a toa, would do. Between the rounds from Thom’s gun and the lasers from Kohara, the gigantic squid’s tentacles took a beating. The thrashed in the water, creating large waves which rippled out and hit the starboard side of Thom’s little craft, rocking it dangerously. As everyone clambered on Thom’s stolen boat dripping seawater across the deck, Vhisola nodded at Okuo and said;

“oh yeah no I’m seeing this. She’s something else. Where’d you say you found her again?”

“Taja, do you know how to help start the boat engine,” Nixie shouted, then saw her De-matoran friend was busy shaking the water out of her audio dampeners. She decided to try starting the boat engine herself before realizing the skakdi’s boat engine had no fuel. Turning to Thom, Nixie said;

“Hello I’m Nixie and by the Great Spirit and all his starlit disciplines please tell me you have extra fuel somewhere on this boat.”

OOC: @Eyru, @~Xemnas~, @Onaku, @Dane

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
Ga-Metru added
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OOC: Woah, this jam was quite the adventure, it was really fulfilling to do such a cool jam with an OG I started RPing with in my early days back in - *checks calendar* - nevermind, I feel old now. Enjoy!

IC: Knichou and Stannis, on the bridge of the Taku and in the memories of the dead

After seeing everyone finish boarding the Taku, Knichou pulled the switch to close the massive cargo bay doors. The normally empty airship cargo bay feel rather cozy at the assortment of Matoran and Toa with their friendly robot, parked hoverbike, and scavenged Vahki transport parts. Knichou skillfully began to increase the levitation power, turning the airship towards the Coliseum in order to catch up with Arkius and the Revenant. He kept the airship flying at a medium altitude - not high enough so that they wouldn’t lose sight of the ground, but not low enough that they might accidentally hit a building while Knichou was in the memory crystal.

After half a minute or so of piloting, Knichou switched on the autopilot system and swiveled the captain's chair away from the dashboard to see the Toa of Stone duck slightly to fit through the door to the bridge, followed by some of the other passengers.

"Well, we're at altitude and on course to the Coliseum. Ready to find out what was on Nuparu's memory crystal so we know what to prepare for when we get there, Stannis?" the Fe-Matoran asked, delicately pulling the memory crystal out of his amorphous nanite backpack.

"I've never done this before, this will be interesting." Knichou looked into the distance for a short moment as if trying to remember something he'd forgotten to say. "Vashni -" Knichou turned to the Toa of psionics in the room. "- One quick request: if the ship catches on fire, starts falling, et cetera, try to enter my mind and let me know to wake up so I can stop us from all dying"

Knichou didn’t even wait for a response, suspecting the psionics Toa would have either already been planning for such a disaster or reading his mind as he thought of the plan. He mainly wanted to put everyone else at ease given the only person who they knew could fly this ship was going to completely blind in case of an emergency. The only pilot shutting himself out from the outside world was not standard procedure, and some concern was justified.

"Anyway, as I was saying... ready Stannis?"

“I will be,” was the tired reply. “One moment.” Stannis sat on the floor near Knichou, crumpled up against the bulwark with an odd expression on his face. It registered differently to others, somewhat between confused and pensive, but in reality Stannis was tired. The wrinkles were hidden under his Kanohi Haonga, but his craggy face was creased with all too many memories to count. They had come and gone like dunes of the desert, myriad and unique and almost forgotten but for the grit they embedded in his armor and the scars they left behind. The Wanderer had lived many experiences. What, then, were the contents of that memory stone but another wrinkle on his face?

He sighed, knowing what needed to be done, but wishing all the same that he didn’t have to do it. Not the crystal—the war. He was not even sure getting and sharing all the information he could would be enough to save Metru Nui, but he needed to try. Despite all that he had lost, he would not sacrifice his Faith away. Mata Nui had a plan for him; that was enough.

After a moment of rest he was centered again, and his eyes regained their light as he looked back up to the expectant Ghost. “I am ready,” he said at last. It had only been a few seconds, but it may as well have been another eon in his mind. “Let us see what the great Engineer was thinking.”

Knichou extended his arm towards Stannis, as if to help the ancient Toa get back on his feet. In his palm was the memory crystal, leaving a small but beautiful blue-tinted shadow out of the refracted light. The Toa took his hand and the pair closed their eyes, trying to isolate their senses to help focus on the crystal.

The hum of the engines and the assorted sounds of the Taku's instruments was replaced by the muffled sounds of a busy street. The pair opened their eyes to find themselves somewhere else, surrounded by objects in a blurry, ethereal state. The entire world around them looked like a camera shifted out of focus, and trying to examine something closer was as if trying to recall details from a dream after one had awoken. In front of them was Nuparu, busily tinkering with a Vahki head in his workshop, dressed in a robe that had seen so many spills of grease, oil, and glue that it looked like a piece of abstract Ko-Metruan art. Wherever Nuparu looked, that part of the room would shift into focus with vivid detail. The more concentrated Nuparu was on something, the more detailed the memories of his vision would be, which is why even though a lot of the room was in the chief engineer's field of view, the most detailed parts Stannis and Knichou could see were the gears of the Vahki brain that Nuparu was adjusting.

Knichou let go of Stannis's hand and stood upwards, intending to walk over to Nuparu, but he stopped himself when he noticed he wasn't wearing his adaptive armor anymore. Knichou was dressed in plain, lightweight robes that were a bland grey except for a bright blue 'N' emblazoned on the chest. Around his waist was a tool belt filled with equipment of various sizes, some that Stannis would recognize and others that looked to be made out of such complex electronics that Stannis wouldn't have a chance of understanding their function. Knichou's hands and Kakama were now blue instead of their signature purple, matching the symbol on his chest. Knichou was shocked at the unexpected costume change - he hadn't seen himself like this in centuries.

The Fe-Matoran was going to look towards Stannis when he heard a knock at the workshop's door behind them, grabbing Knichou's attention. While Knichou's head was turned towards the doorway, Nuparu towards the door, passing through the former Nynrah Ghost's body as if Knichou was an actual ghost.

Stannis, meanwhile, looked fifty thousand years younger, a paragon of sagacity and youth in bright brown and tan armor, clad lightly in a sleeveless and flowing tunic. His spears were not in use; in their stead he had a deadly looking halberd slung across his back and a nasty looking ceramic revolver at his hip. Having studied memory crystals a few times before he was used to this image of him: It was the reflection of a younger Stannis Maru, by then already a veteran toa and the leader of his team but perfectly balanced between youthfulness and experience. While in the present day his armor was mottled and ancient-looking back then it was shiny and modern, the epitome of what a toa-hero was imagined to look like at the time. He seemed proud and hale and not at all he was in real life. Once Knichou turned to look at him he would quickly realize this was the time of Stannis’ life he imagined himself to be his prime.

The Wanderer looked around the memory in relative comfort. The world inside the memory crystal was constantly shifting, and as its creator’s focus shifted from one thing to the peripherals blurred, dimmed, and would vanish from view entirely until Nuparu looked back at them again. Behind Stannis was little more than a drab grey backdrop, much like the color of his eyes, but the world ahead was vivid with Nuparu’s excited and sharp brain’s curiosities. Time flowed differently in the stored universe as well, and like any other recording it could be slowed and paused to be studied more carefully frame by frame. Capable of storing vast amounts of information deposited by their creators, memory crystals functioned both as video diaries and repeatable virtual lessons, all depending on how the users wished.

Stannis’ attention was taken by the rap at the door as well, and he moved—or more curiously simply was—by the door the next moment, looking down at Nuparu cry out “One moment!” as he wiped his greasy palms across his apron before reaching for the latch.

Stannis's proficiency with traversal inside of the memory crystals was surprising, but not as surprising to Knichou as seeing a much younger Stannis. Knichou's eyes absorbed the details of the Toa's past form as Nuparu opened the door. The portal revealed a Ko-Matoran with an iStone who looked to have just disembarked the Vahki transport behind him. Two Vahki from his escort were carrying a large crate down off the transport. Knichou began to drift closer to the door, practically looking over Nuparu's shoulder.

"Welcome to my workshop. May I help you?" the engineer asked, offering a handshake and a smile. The Ko-Matoran did not flinch, or even take his eyes off the iStone he was typing in, as he responded.

"Chief Engineer Nuparu? I've got a package for you from Turaga Dume."

"What is this? I don't know if it will fit in my -"

"Sir, they aren't even telling me what it is. All I know is there's an iStone inside with relevant information, everything else is classified. Given that there's this level of secrecy, I suggest you find room before these Vahki make room in your workshop for you."

The Ko-Matoran looked away from his screen for the first time - although that was only because he was pointing his iStone at Nuparu.

"I'm going to need a signature to confirm this deliver-"

The voice of the Ko-Matoran raised in pitch as time sped forward, with Stannis and Knichou preferring to fast-forward past the Vahki carefully putting the crate down on the workshop floor, only returning time to normal speed once Nuparu was finally beginning to open the crate. Inside were many more boxes of all proportions and sizes.

Each box contained a part in various stages of disrepair. Some pieces were still covered in a thick layer of dust except for a few fingerprints, some were visibly singed, warped, or corroded. Others looked timeless, as if the wear and tear of the elements over eons wouldn't dare to scratch their surfaces. Several of the larger pieces had dirt and ash lodged in all sorts of nooks and crannies, looking fresh out of an excavation. It was impossible to tell if these parts were all discovered together or if they had just met for the first time.

An hour later, all the pieces had been assembled on the floor of the workshop - organized by size, shape, and theorized function. This left a jumble of a more unique parts in one pile, and six incomplete sets of duplicate sections of the machine. Between all of those, Nuparu discovered that even if not all parts were there for these similar sections, between all six most if not all of the parts were present at least once, so replacements could easily be rebuilt.

Nuparu's memory was already buzzing with theories, but now that it was all unpacked the Onu-Matoran finally began to read the message on the iStone inside the final box at the very bottom of the crate.

Knichou and Stannis watched as Nuparu pressed a button on the device to play back the audio recording on it. Dume's voice filled the room.

"The components in this shipment were recently uncovered on a small island near Artahka. They were found in an ancient temple ruin to the Great Spirits. Toa Tuyet is adamant the parts form a machine which will bring a permanent end to the war. Lhikan and Nidhiki are urging caution, as Tuyet's beliefs are founded in yet to be fully understood research. The first step in determining if this is truly what Tuyet thinks is reconstructing the machine. You have two weeks, ample time for our Chief Engineer."

"If our engineers did this right, this iStone's battery will overcharge and fry this iStone about 10 seconds after this recording ends. Now how do I turn this thing off-"

As the audio recording cut out, Nuparu quickly ran over to a trash bin to dump the iStone, which emitted a puff of smoke a few seconds afterwards. There was a harsh smell of burnt electronics in the air. Nuparu sighed, and walked over to a workshop cabinet. Pulling open the drawers, he eventually found what he was looking for - the memory crystal. Nuparu sat down on a stool, closed his eyes, and the world around Stannis and Knichou went dark. The duo stood silent in a void darker than the night sky, needing to say nothing as their minds were linked together, two separate minds interacting on multiple levels of consciousnesses simultaneously.

After either a moment or an eternity passed, the world around them shimmered into existence as the next of Nuparu's memories began to play.

The second memory revealed the shop in a new sort of disarray with most of the stuff oreviously seen on the floor squirreled away in other places or removed entirely for the experiment that had been delivered. Nuparu was visibly flustered, sitting on a chair in a corner and tapping a spanner against his knee while he stared off in deep thought. Me was seemingly only muttering nonsense but in reality he was thinking aloud to himself in technojargon that made sense to Knichou; only by extension of their shared mind link was Stannis able to understand what he was saying.

The memory unfolded the image of the device at long last as the object of Nuparu’s intense frustration. It still looked incoherent, more a mess of parts than a real sum of them, both abstract and defined at the same time, as Nuparu’s understanding of certain pieces were better understood than others. Six prongs were visible, as well as a few other things like harnesses and bolts, but the majority of the device were still rendered poorly. Nuparu could be heard mumbling about the relic’s makeup, viability, and power sources, all speculations that lead to dead ends. The actual function of the device seemed to elude him, and beside him, on the floor, was a sprawling of papers. Some were attempts at blueprints, and scraps of multiple ones were cobbled together like puzzle pieces in an attempt to assemble something greater, while others were just lines and lines of scribbles and equations, and others still were complex diagrams. Had they been on the walls they could have been written off as obsessions of an insane man, but they clearly had a coherence to them. Nuparu was an engineer, but also an inventor, and he had been given a number of tools, objects, and materials with no instructions but an expectation to deliver upon.

“What was Dume thinking?” he could be heard ranting, now pacing around the device that took up lion’s share of space in the shop, “giving me this pile of scrap and telling me to build a warstopper out of it. ‘Ample time for the chief engineer.’ Well, ample time my greased , I’m Nuparu of Metru Nui, not Artakha of Arta— … whatever. I’m an inventor, not a…”

He stopped then, frozen in a realization.

“So, I’ll invent.”

The memory shifted again.

Edited by BULiK
Updated coloring
  • Like 4

Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Silver Sea Conflict

As the Metru-Nui forces advanced through the temple, the defenders on the side of the League broke ranks and ran. In the end, League lives were more important than an inhospitable rock covered in floating tanks and elemental controlling toa. One League prisoner spat in the face of their captor. Before being cut down, he said; 

“You may have the island, but just wait until Mantax takes your home. He’ll show you what living under the boot of a foreign power feels like.”

As the League retreated the forces of Metru-Nui were able to take time to return to a moment without conflict. Brutaka ordered the dead interned with honor, even those who served the League. He said it was a matter of showing the Great Spirit their piety and just cause. All were the same before Mata-Nui in death. 

Sometime in the early hours of the next morning according to the clocks aboard the airships a message arrived. While Brutaka didn’t understand why the command had been given after such a grueling victory, he announced it to the troops:

“We’re needed home. Pack your tents, we’re going back to Metru-Nui. Now.”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis (and Knichou) | Taku (inside the memory crystal)

Nuparu's memory of the next few hours was barely comprehensible and even slightly disorienting for those minds linked to it. The recording would sometimes skip over spaces of several minutes to even hours, with the memory only stabilizing again when the engineer took a step back to consider his next steps and the bigger picture. While Nuparu was extremely focused on the individual tasks, smaller problems, and minor tests during this night of rapid iteration, each small step was barely registered in Nuparu's memory.

Through this time lapse of sleep-deprived memories Stannis and Knichou watched the pieces slowly fall into place. Nuparu had analyzed the surviving components of the central structure and decided to replicate the majority of it himself so that he could adapt any control circuitry into his own interface. This would be by far the most complex and important part of the restoration, and once Nuparu realized this, he shifted work towards the slots in case their function provided more insight into the central structure.

The symmetrical slots on the outer edge rapidly took shape as Nuparu managed to successfully combine pieces from multiple slots and fabricate any missing pieces to fully restore one, which he immediately began testing with. Any layman could see the casing for this mechanism was shaped in a way similar to a Kanoka launcher, but this device was much more complex than anything Nuparu had build that used Kanoka for power. Most of the complexity was in the forms of multiple layers of redundancy for safety mechanisms - clearly whoever had built this originally was extra cautious about any accidental energy discharge from the disks, and some of these safety mechanisms required confirmation from six other inputs! Based on the wiring, Nuparu and Knichou presumed that whatever this device did with the Kanoka, it wasn't doing it without all six of the disk slots and the central platform itself sending the all clear signal.

Nuparu began testing with his first disk slot, using various wires connected to crude batteries to fabricate the 'ready' signal from the other slots. He connected this disk slot to one of the components neither Nuparu nor Knichou had seen before - it appeared to be a simple block on the outside with a fist-sized hole on one end, but on the other side upon closer examination there was a series of almost microscopic, sponge-like holes in the side of the metal block. This looked like a primitive protodermis filtration unit, but there were just enough differences and electronics bolted on to make it appear altogether alien.

For his first test, Nuparu placed a piece of Onu-Metruan lightvine on top of the 'filtration unit' and placed a power level-1 freeze disk in the slot. As soon as Nuparu clamped on wires to the slot's circuitry to disable the safeties, the mechanism fired and the disk quickly disintegrated as its power was channeled to the target. The pillar of the slot channeled this power into the filtration unit, and the lightvine was coated with a thin layer of protodermis that seeped inside, disappearing after a few seconds.

This added another layer of strangeness to the experiment — Nuparu and Knichou's first guess was that the disk power would be directed from the slot to fully impact the object on the filtration unit (A design that might improve the efficiency of the disk's energy transfer to the target by impacting from all angles at once), but the lightvine looked entirely normal after the procedure, instead of being covered with ice as it should have been after being hit with a freeze disk. Nuparu felt irritated, as if he had struck a dead end, and his mind raced, questioning if there was any failure in his replication of the mechanism. After all, Dume had said this was theorized to be a weapon - not just any weapon, but one strong enough to bring an end to the war. How could such a device be used as a weapon of war when it couldn't even be used to kill Onu-Metru's most prolific and luminous weed?

Nuparu picked the lightvine up, only to instantly yelp in pain as his hand and arm was covered in ice. The lightvine dropped from his grasp and hit the ground, covering a large portion of the workshop's floor with a thick layer of ice in an explosion of growth. At ground zero the lightvine lay untouched by the effects, sitting still on top of the layer of ice as if had been just been placed in a freezer. Nuparu and Knichou had similar expressions of awe on their faces, with Nuparu completely forgetting to break his arm out of the ice for a moment as he thought of the implications. The chief engineer was staring at the lightvine and trembling, but not because of the cold.

The shock flowing through Nuparu's mind caused the memory to destabilize and shift forwards rapidly, and the world was a blur for a moment before the view surrounding Knichou and Stannis grew once more out of the void.

...

When the images of the shop came back it looked much like it did before, save the corners of the shop were rife with discarded refuse from countless experiments with the machine, which now stood in a relatively remarkable level of detail. Nuparu had apparently been successful in understanding the functionality and, by the look of it, the purpose. And he stood by the device in a proud pose, yet he seemed distraught. He had indeed invented something, but he was not proud. Nuparu looked tired, haggard, as if he had gotten too little sleep, and then every hour of sleep he did get was plagued with nightmares. His apron was stained black and grey with ash and grease, and the layers had caked on each other to give such rigidity to the garment that the wrinkles were permanent and hinted that Nuparu had even slept in his clothes. A calendar on the wall indicated the date was just the day before his death.

They were getting close to the reveal—they could feel the memory was full of anxiety as Nuparu mentally tussled with the fate he was playing a hand in creating. Stannis’ eyes narrowed in expectation, eager for answers but too riveted to fast forward. Everything was relevant now, the Engineer's mind was too sharp to include anything that could be considered trivial.

It’s a weapon,” Nuparu said finally. He was standing by his desk now, looking at something. Someone. “But not in the traditional sense. Lightstone cannons are weapons. The vahki are law enforcers that have been turned into weapons. But this device… it transforms people, matoran, into superweapons.

Nuparu's sharp eyes shot directly at Stannis’ projection, looking with a scared expression at presence what was not truly there. “It should have remained shattered and buried,” he said angrily. This was no longer the recording of a man studiously at work but a narration of what was to come, a fatalist diary of revelations intended for someone else.

The machine’s principle is based on ancient technology from the Southern Continent, and Tehutti tells me some parts are from the Time Before Time when great monsters walked the universe and Matoran culture was barely a thought—an era we have all but forgotten—and that similar technology was recovered from shrines dedicated to some primordial deity. While there are minor issues related to the power couplings and foci I did not expect that something made with components as varied as these would work, but it does. In fact, there is no other thing it could do but this. It could only be made into a weapon of devastation."

Nuparu sighed. “Dume has told me little of what he intends to do with it, but it would take a fool to not realize Tuyet is right. With this machine he could make an army of imbued matoran, each one as powerful as a toa team, and the war with the Barraki would be effectively over. By creating monsters. Our times are desperate, but this feels like too much. The vahki challenged my beliefs enough, I fear I do not have the willpower to see this invention through to the end. I am too ashamed

A knock at the door interrupted the chief engineer’s soliloquy and tore his attention away from the unseen visitors. He quietly ambled to the door and opened it, first a crack and then completely, revealing none other than the turaga himself. “Turaga Dume,” he sputtered. “Excellency! Please come in; to what do I owe the pleasure?

Enough of that, Nuparu,” the elder said, walking in and quickly shutting the door behind him with a wack of his staff. He came near to the device and studied it rudimentarily, the way someone uninspired by art would look at a fine painting and see colors but not feel anything. “I came to see what my chief engineer has been making with the parts I sent. How’s your progress? You only have thirty hours left.

Yes, well, it’s almost finished, Dume,” Nuparu said, putting on his most positive expression possible. “Just a few minor tweaks left—I won’t bore you with the details, sir—but it will be done on time.

Good,” Dume said, then turned from the machine to Nuparu. “I’m proud of you. I cannot stress to you how essential this device will be—for all of us.

Sir, if I may, I do have some concerns about the machine’s efficacy. If you give me a few more days to run diagnostics, I’m sure I can—“

No, Nuparu,” Dume said softly but firmly, the way a revered patriarch did when giving unwanted news. “You have until dusk tomorrow, and after that you’ll be a free man. You will be relieved of your duties when the time is up.

Turaga, I—“

Dume smiled and gently tapped Nuparu’s cheek twice. He seemed almost cheery. “My boy, no. My mind’s made up.

And then he was gone.

The room shifted one last time. Nuparu was sitting at his desk in the loft, a bundle of wires in his hand and a trashbin turned into a fire barrel next to him. His papers relating to the machine were gone, presumably the fuel for the flames, and he was stifling a tear as he sharpened pencils and tossed the shavings into the bin as well. Where he once wore the badge of his station on his shoulder was now vacant. The calendar indicated it was the last day of his life.

I will not make the same mistake of letting my optimism gain the better of me again,” he said somberly in no particular direction. He was dejected, purposeless, and at his wit's end. “If this project will be finished it will not be by the hand of someone of a stronger will than mine.

He tossed the wires into the fire. “My hope is that it never will.

A beat. “If anyone finds and reads this crystal, I hope you are not too late. I’m sure Metru Nui can be saved, and I pray it will not be with this weapon, but I hope you are wiser and better than me. If… if this machine is truly the only way, I have loaded the schematics to a VR interface at the end to undo my sabotage. But until then, please, know that while I am full of regret, I have kept my conscience.

Another booming knock came at the door, but Nuparu seemed finished talking by then. “Come in, it’s open!” he hoarsely hollered in reply and began heading to the door, but not before shutting the memory crystal off. Knichou instantly recognized the scene: He was the one who was without the door. A pitifully few moments afterwards, Nuparu would be dead on the street.

Stannis and Knichou found themselves standing in pitch darkness then. From nothing, the schematics of the machine slowly materialized before them, each component and rivet appearing and sliding into place. Stannis looked at it blankly; Knichou was studying it in rapt fascination.

For the first time, the Wanderer was speechless.

* * * * *

By this point, a majority of the Taku’s passengers were on the bridge, some silently watching Stannis and Knichou sit still, others impatiently watching out the large windows, as if worried that a cliff face would jump out at them or the dashboard would go ablaze in warning lights.

For Knichou and Stannis, it had been hours, possibly even days, of memories experienced. They had made sure to thoroughly check that they had seen everything they would need to know, and spent a bit longer inside the memory crystal for good measure. In the physical realm, it had only been ten minutes or so since they went into the void. From sharing their consciousnesses together, the duo now understood each other much more clearly, and they would look at each other knowing more about their respective pasts and present burdens.

As they opened their eyes, their faces immediately began visibly showing the stress from the knowledge they now knew. The passengers eagerly watched, waiting for the news. Knichou was the first to break the silence.

Well...” the Fe-Matoran took a deep breath, still readjusting the reality around him after such an extended period inside the crystal.

...This war just got a whole lot more complicated," Stannis finished. 

 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 6

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ardoku - Temple Aftermath

Where Tekmo had resisted the gut reaction to puke, Ardoku simply didn't have the constitution to do the same, making it only a few steps out of the temple before falling to his knees and vacating his stomach's contents onto the ground. His eyes refocused, taking in the bits of half-digested muck splattered on the dirt and trampled brush.

Steeling himself to enter once more, Ardoku walked into the temple with an expression of unease, one that slowly but surely as he took in the brutality of the Legion turned into an expression of pain and fury.

The next morning, Ardoku hadn'f caught a wink of sleep, the events of the battle and its aftermath weighing heavily on his mind. 

9 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

“We’re needed home. Pack your tents, we’re going back to Metru-Nui. Now.”

"What about the island? Who's going to stay and protect it from the Legion?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Charging Hive Processor

"Boss, you should look at this," a black armored matoran with a purple pakari said. On his forehead was a barcode in cyan ink. He wore pale grey robes and a black sash and mantle. 
"What is it Zadakh?" Replied a similarly armored and robed matoran. Only the barcode differed, and that Boss held an archivist staff.
"We collected a report from an unknown today giving a tip on a planned assassination of our glorious leader."
As the first matoran talked the blank white plane surrounding them vanished as they were drawn into the immediate perspective of a vahki engaged in collecting further information from a large mutated steltian.
The Hive mind boss absorbed the video replay, tasted it, and shuddered. "Any other reports?"
"Yes," submitted a third identical matoran in all but the barcode. They appeared from nowhere. "Coliseum district received a tip just now. Same tip. Also mentions the Dark Hunters."
"That's disturbing, an upward trend." Said the first matoran called Zadakh.
"Start the lockdown, assume city-wide search. This cannot be like the Nuurakh in Ta-Metru."
"You summoned us?" Asked the Nuurakh as they too appeared on the open plane of nothingness. With their arrival the matoran began floating in the memories of quarantining the district and Dume's fury at the insignificant vahki response. 
"No, return to your hive cluster," replied the Boss. "All hives should report further tips directly to this cluster. I'll be monitoring further activity. Ease witnesses, gather further information. When, how, where, who exactly? Where is our glorious leader?"
A new matoran popped into existence. "In the gardens with a Dark Hunter."
"Shut it down. Shut it down now."
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Kanohi - the Taku

Kanohi had been panicking in the corner, until Nuparu’s memories began to play. From then on his was transfixed, staring with trembling optics. He … he had never considered this. He … he expected … he didn’t know what he expected. Maybe a great mask? Perhaps a machine that would grant all Toa access to powers, like a Suva? He had feared a disk cannon that could pulverize armies, unleashing the powers of the Great Disks in a powerful blast. Something … expected, easily related to the Great Disks. But this…

Toa Stannis,” he squeaked out, “this is … if this device can empower a Matoran with the power of a Disk, the Great Disks … this … I don’t know what to do. What do we do? It’s not a weapon, not some monsters, it’s a way to empower Matoran. Matoran can know the three virtues, they can follow the Toa Code while a cannon couldn’t. But … is this against destiny? And would noble Matoran actually be given this power? Would they even want this power? What if unworthy Matoran were empowered? I … I know I could not be trusted with this power, too cowardly and clumsy. And some Matoran might be worse. Not all, but some. And if the Great inventor Nuparu was horrified, and he understood this machine better than anyone … but if it could end the war, end it by empowering noble Matoran , but they aren’t Toa. Does it not work on Toa? I just … and if Turaga Dume only recently took over the Dark Hunters, and now they aim to kill him, does that mean … he didn’t have Nuparu killed? Or did he? I just…” 

 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Coliseum
The blood rose from the dirt in the planters as Raz's command, forming into long, needle thin, and sharp spikes of putrid vermilion. As Raz pulled them towards the vahki his mask glowed as the rhotuka began to spin up and shoot from his face. The blood darts forcefully punched into the first vahki model through the soft piping near the back of the neck joint and it began to crumple to the polished floor. Turaga Dume's eyes widened as he realized Raz's betrayal. He shifted behind one of the vahki as the spinner flew for him, slamming into the robotic enforcer instead. As he turned his robes spun in an elegant circle at the hem, and the mantle on his shoulders lifted to reveal the Turaga's upper back was exposed. Raz caught black tattoos of victories and deeds on the red armor and organics as the aged leader let the vahki take the hit. Both vahki began crumpling to the ground, useless. As they did Turaga Dume slammed his staff on the ground, covering him in a berth of burning flames. His robes caught fire and smoked, the grey result his his anger funneling across the ground and towards the ceiling.
"Is this your Master's bidding, Hunter?" Dume admonished. His voice echoed powerfully off the glass walls as he began to back towards the door he entered from, keeping his face toward Raz behind the burning flames. "You will tell him he is a fool, and Metru-Nui will remember this betrayal."
The elevator opened with a ding.
Ooc: hi Vezok's Friend, et al.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Raz - Coliseum

The moment Dume evaded his rhotuka, Raz sprung into action, sprinting forward at unnatural speed, flinging out his arms to bring out all of the hidden blood to block the turaga's escape... only to realise the moment the elevator dinged that he couldn't stay in this room. In that very moment, Raz redirected his blood with one arm to instead block the elevator, while his mask spun up another couple of rhotuka aimed at the turaga again. Raz himself expelled blood from arteries on his free hand's wrist to quell the turaga's flame while trying to charge him and tackle him through the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Zataka - Coliseum, The Gardens]:

The elevator doors parted, perfectly time with a long band of cloth fluttering to the ground, formerly wrapped around the blade of the warrior emerging from the lift. The weapon flashed as it arced through the air, blocking the incoming streaks of crimson. She followed through with the swing, the blood racing along the blade edge before being flung awaz in an arc. Zataka wielded her weapon with ease despite its size - easily as long as an average Toa was tall.

It only took her a heartlight flash to take in the scenery before springing into action. Dume’s assailant was charging, the Turaga on fire and retreating. As the Rhotuka launched, Dume threw himself to the side to avoid the projectile and tackle. At the same time the dark hunter found himself suddenly engulfed by absolute darkness as Zataka reached out with her power.
 

OOC: The kind narrator told me to play the old man until he can take back over. 


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Barraki Fortress

Mazor nodded. "I'll talk to Carapar, but whatever needs to be done about the cube I want to do it myself." He began the walk towards the Barraki Stronghold. 

IC: Jephro-Pack Up and Roll Out

As everyone packed up, Jephro sat on the ground putting away his tent. He knew he should be working faster but he just hadn't slept well. His dreams had been filled with scenes of battle whirring past his eyes. 

 


I have control of an element you would never expect...

SURPRISE!

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Revenge-Melody-Booger-Danger-Punishment-Toxitora Junior

 

Skyrise: Ascent Charaters: Paju & The Element - Rakin - Kane-Oma & The Mukau

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tekmo (Silver Sea, Temple Aftermath)

"Is the city in danger?" Tekmo asked, adding his question alongside Ardoku's.

 

IC: Waveahk (Po-Metru)

Waveahk calmly and slowly placed his weapons - the laser trident and the Zamor Sphere Launcher - on the ground, and waited for the Vahki to process what they were just told.

 

IC: Ostrox (Barraki Fortress)

"Oh, we don't always get what we want." Ostrox said, following Mazor.


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Raz - Coliseum

With the light cut off from his senses, Raz fell back on his ability to sense the blood of other beings, pin-pointing Dume off to his side and in that same moment firing off another Rhotuka at the old man, leaping after it to try and grab him. Should the rhotuka hit, he would additionally immediately try to immobilise him via his blood without cutting off any circulation, a technique he had honed over his career as a Dark Hunter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Zataka - Coliseum, The Gardens]:

On the other side of the field of darkness, Zataka advanced quickly, sword in a defensive position, closing in on the action. 

Dume had dove into a roll - with an agility belied by his appearance - and landed on his stomach. His head immediately snapped up to keep his attacker in view, but where the dark hunter had been, a wall of blackness obscured him from view. He didn’t understand how, but the Turaga had not made it this far by focusing on the wrong thing at the wrong time. This wouldn’t stop the dark hunter. Even without sight, his surroundings hadn’t changed after all. He’d try to seize him again. Dume slammed his staff into the ground once more, causing an instant wall of flame to spring up, just in time to throw off the trajectory of another Rhotuka bursting forth from the shadow. And if the hunter did as before he’d be hot on the projectile’s trail - straight into the fire. The Turaga backed away as fast as he could towards the door.

 


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

The Fa-Toa looked more nervous than before, after her mental talk with Vashni.

"What do you mean?" she asked Stannis. "What did the memory crystal show you two?"

IC: Rose - Temple Aftermath

The Toa of Fire sat tinkering with her mechsuit. Her firework revolver sat close by, as if she expected one of those League animals to suddenly reappear, asking for a shot between the eyes. She'd felt a whirlwind of emotions throughout the battle, from the adrenaline she experienced on the beach, to her feelings towards Skyra, and finally the horror and rage she'd felt inside the desecrated temple. The things she had seen in there were still fresh in her mind.

Brutaka was calling for a return to Metru Nui. Something had come up, it seemed. 

All that mattered to Rose at the moment was Skyra at her side, and getting some ##### rest.

IC: The Swordsman - Great Furnace

The heat in the central ring was formidable, even for me. I could tell it was affecting Zecrillia the worst, as I had expected it to, but at the same time she was the more eager of the two of us, rushing ahead of me. Presumably the allure of the Great Disk was making this all bearable for her. 

Being near this fountain of molten protodermis had proved the greatest challenge so far, but I endured to view the three-digit lock. I turned to my Vortixx companion.

"This must be here for a reason. If you're intending on solving the combination I have a suggestion: we are on a disk hunt, correct? Kanoka tend to have three digits carved into them, so perhaps..."


letitenfoldyousig.png.2a928dc09a1fdb4dbba8c2d143b35b12.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

(avatar by @Onaku)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thom - Ga Metru Bay (Nope.)

A petrified shake of the head as he tried his best to keep a grip on reality.

IC: Leonn - Ko-Metru (Arriving)

The Le-Skakdi stepped out into the chilly night, sighing as he tried to think of a place Nidhiki would crash at in order to evade the authorities.

 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Raz - Coliseum

Raz very nearly impacted with the fire upon exiting the shadowed region, just barely catching themselves in mid-air and dousing blood over the flames before they got injured. Realising the situation was quickly spiralling out of their favour with the addition of more people as well as Dume's aptitude for repeatedly avoiding rhotuka fired at close range, Raz decided it was time to exercise the better part of valor and make a strategic retreat. With a high-intensity blast of their own blood through the nearby window, Raz quickly jumped out... and began running sideways across the outside wall of the Coliseum, manipulating their own blood to keep themselves sideways and on the wall while maintaining circulation. Now out of the indoor gardens, Raz went about looking for a different window to enter through into the building again, all the while keeping mental tabs on the blood of the various beings he could sense inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Vyarik/Revenant - Po-Metru/Coliseum

The Revenant rocketed through the chute, subtly manipulating magnetism to periodically pull itself towards the carts and crates being transported, hastening its journey towards its destination. Its burning sense of purpose grew stronger the closer it got to the Coliseum. The dead god was waiting. 

It had been waiting for so long.

But it would wait no more.

Disembarking near the city centre, the Revenant approached the Vahki guarding the Coliseum entrance. "I require... access."

Edited by Nato the Traveler

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Zecrillia - Ta-Metru Great Furnace

"That's what I was thinking, too. I suppose it's too much to hope that it's just the code for the Great Disk itself, is it?"

Nonetheless, the Vortixx began twiddling the parts of the lock to try exactly that. The first and third digits, in that case, were easy; one for Ta-Metru, nine for the legendary power level, respectively. Her reasons for trying were twofold; firstly, she doubted any negative consequences would befall them if she got this wrong - surely the lock would just reset and she could try again - and secondly... the sooner they tried something, the sooner they could move on and leave behind this place that seemed to be cooking her in her armour.

Otherwise, she was gonna be southern-fried Vortixx pretty soon in here. Already, she felt like she was melting on the spot as her armour conducted the incredible heat through to her skin; the sooner they got through with this, the better. Then she was gonna go stick her head into the coldest icicle in Ko-Metru and stay there for a long while after this.

After the first two digits, however, she was forced to pause.

"What power was the Ta-Metru disk supposed to have, again?"

 

IC: Jabali - The Coliseum

She had no idea what was going on: but, this time, she wasn't going to be left behind. The giant titan seemed to be on Metru Nui's side, and seemed to want her help, and that was good enough for Jabali; she scampered along on Zataka's heels, and made it into the elevator with time to spare as the giant held the door open for her. The elevator shot upwards, leaving her stomach behind several floors lower down; so that by the time the doors dinged open, she had to take a moment to collect herself.

The moment let her see what was going on: and she almost wished it hadn't. Turaga Dume seemed to be on fire, there was a being who could only be a Dark Hunter flinging something crimson at--

WAIT WAS THAT HIS OWN BLOOD?

She was abruptly glad her stomach hadn't caught up to her yet.

Things escalated quickly. The Dark Hunter vanished into a cloud of darkness - his own doing, or created by her new companion, Jabali couldn't tell - though wheels of energy were still emerging from the void of blackness. Turaga Dume was dodging them, and seemed to be in control of his own fire; still, he was in a dangerous position, and everyone present had to know it.

That, therefore, told Jabali exactly what her part to play in this was.

"Turaga! Turaga Dume!"

Giving the concealed Dark Hunter a wide berth, Jabali sprinted for the elder. Dume was already making a retreat, and that was good, but whether it would be quick enough... Jabali had never seen the Turaga move fast in his broadcasts, and wasn't entirely sure if he had it in him at all.

But that was alright; there were other ways to get away.

"Sir! I'm sorry, but I need to get you out of here right--"

She had snatched another disk out of her pack while she'd been running. Leaping to grab the Turaga's arm, the moment she felt herself make contact Jabali struck the point where she touched him with the teleportation disk. Even as she heard the smash of something breaking through the window past them, if she hit right the pair of them - Matoran and Turaga - would vanish instantly.

This time, she'd not had the time or clearness of mind to concentrate on a destination. The only thought on Jabali's mind as she had made the hit was the desperate hope of somewhere safe. Wherever she might reappear, she was sure would still inside the Coliseum - the disk, she had barely noticed, had only been a power level two, meaning its range was small - but it was anyone's guess where exactly that would be. Or if she'd even succeeded in bringing Dume with her at all.

But if she hadn't... Karz that would be embarrassing.

 

(ooc: I hope it was okay for me to do that? Honestly... Jabali could end up anywhere in the Coliseum at this point; and, well, I tried to leave it open so Dume might have been brought along, or he might have dodged away and she only teleported herself instead xD I don't want to overstep my bounds, so I leave that entirely up to UN ^^)

Edited by Darth Jaller
Reworking the end part to leave ambiguous whether Jabali succeeded or not ^^

(Formerly Darth Jaller)

LhikanLow.gif

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

---

Skyrise bios: Tarutu, Kastir, Littiuu, Alarei / Six Kingdoms bios: Varxii, Rek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...