Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

:You may rely on it.: 

Druakrus nearly dropped the sphere when he heard, no felt, the response within his mind, but his grip held firm. Once again, the island known as Zakaz has left Drukarus surprised at its oddity, and this one surprise had elicited a genuine look of curiosity and surprise upon the old Skak's face. 

Peering back towards the orb, Drukarus held it to an arms length once its message registered, as a cautious gaze was befallen upon the shadowy device. Although Drukarus didn't know whether the sphere could only be spoken to in thought or if he was able to speak to it like any other, but Drukarus didn't care nor thought to try as he thought back towards the foreign presence.

"It? Tell me, how can I rely upon it? Why should I rely on it? What can it offer a noble warlord as I and why should I rely on...It?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

"What purpose does this room serve?"

"Really, by now I would have assumed you could have formed a solid prediction based on the data previously provided. This is a temple. It's a place of worship and prayer. And it's also a place to prove one's worth. Lewa believed in thinking outside the box. Ironically, he built boxes within this sacred space."

"It amazes me how you can speak without answering anything, at least not truly. Rather than hiding behind bushes you hide behind words...Typical of one born not from the wilds."

Apex said as she loped behind Taja, surprised that the void-touched Toa was here rather than her companion Morangad that she had told to go into this room. No matter, the affairs of this Toa and of the Administrator did not concern her lest they impeded in her goals. Passing by Taja and entering the room, Apex took a brief moment to peruse the room.

The pipes did nothing for her, she did not care for whatever secrets they may hold or their purpose, such things were meant for those who didn't rely on strength or instincts to survive. Although, the starry background on the far wall did momentarily caught her attention at it's odd placement, and the brood cells, although Apex could not tell exactly from what Rahi they came from, she could tell they could be of no good to those without the ability to control them. But Apex's true interest was the floor, the ancient writings of Xa-Kuta lining the floor.

Thankfully, unlike in the previous room, the need to clear the floor was not needed as the room was mostly free of clutter and the only removal would be of some of the brood cells along the wall that partially obscured some of the letters. Hopefully interfering with them will not anger something. Circling around the center of the chamber, Apex had completely lost attention and interest in the Toa as she began to engross herself in the writings. Although Apex could not make out their true significance yet, nor completely comprehend what they speak of, she knew that with diligence, she just might find what she is seeking...

OOC: @Eyru @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Sparticus147

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika looked around as they landed, stealing a glance at the storm clouds in the distance. “You … you are right. There is no way we could get there in time. And we are already here, it would not make sense to leave this ruin as swiftly as we arrived.

She climbed off the raft, helping to secure it to the beach, even as she mentally reached out to her master. Her god to be. “Tuakana I … I know you wish to prevent death. If it is at all possible, if you find refugees from the gigantic head, please warn them about that beast. It … I don’t even know if the Skakdi who butchered my people deserve to face that monstrosity.

The Ga-Matoran paused and mentally added, “I … I do not remember the ways of my people much, but I recall what your Great Work was. And I think I remember that great works require different steps to be completed. If I may be so bold, what do you need to get closer to becoming the master of time and death? Is there a way I could help?

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru not sure if Tuakana is allowed to just say what steps they need to do to grow stronger, but I figure since the desecrated are meant to help their master complete their goals, I might as well ask. 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Atamai: Fort

Atamai did his best to sidestep the giant's blade. He was a little too slow- the halberd slashed his right shoulder. Atamai dropped his hammer in pain. 

He looked up and saw both Korruhn and the unknown Toa approaching Axonn.

"I think you'll find turning me into a corpse quite troublesome," he said, his voice laced with pain.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @The Captain

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

As the Wanderer disappeared through the secret passage, the new kind breathed a sigh. Not of relief, no, but of fear. He got out of his throne, gave Oreius a sideways glance, and headed out to the reception area.

Walking up to the receptionist, he spoke. "Do me a favor, please. Get me into contact with Ehlek."

The receptionist, not wanting to upset their new king, gave a curt nod and a quick "Yes, my lord." They entered a few keystrokes into their computer, then furrowed their brow.

"My lord, it seems that we're unable to contact Ehlek."

Aurax narrowed his eyes and moved his face uncomfortably close to the receptionist. "What do you mean, you can't contact him?" he asked.

The receptionist gulped nervously and turned back to the computer. "I-I'm not sure, the signal's been lost... Wait, Vahki reports from Le-Metru say that... the lab... flew off."

"It flew?"

"Yes, my king."

Aurax peered at the screen. What are you doing, Ehlek?

OOC: @Vezok's Friend

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins of Fire

Whira looked down pensively. The news was concerning to her... but it wasn't enough to warrant giving Providence or his allies anything in return.

"Thank you, Providence. You've shown me that it's more urgent than ever for me to achieve my Grand Wish. I am sorry, but what you've said is not of equal value to a heartlight. Let us be off, Cravious."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Burnmad @Sparticus147 @Snelly

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Miserix | Ash Barrens

The answer Drukarus received came with an intoxicating scent and a warm electrical charge;

:It is certain.:

ooc: @Sparticus147

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Air

Apex found herself unable to put two and two together. In the chamber on the right, she’d found the beginnings of a taboo ritual going in depth about the preparation and the significance of the yolk. In the leftmost chamber, Apex found the ritual’s end, but in both something was missing. The center of each floor held a strange symbol floating just so softly above the surface. Taja couldn’t help but notice the triangle either, once she found herself no longer entranced by the stars. However, in both their minds they knew something about the shape was incomplete.

ooc: @Eyru, @Sparticus147, @Nato the Traveler, @Burnmad 

 

IC: The Administrator | Ruins of Fire

“Oh, you have no idea,” the Administrator replied to Xane. Had he copied Xane’s confident tone? “Consider it a sacrifice fitting of the boon. It’s the only way to explain it. Only those of great skill could forge such a disk, and only those of true purpose would be willing to part with such immediate power.”

ooc:@Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui

 

IC: Axxon | Ruined Fortress

“Your departure will make reality correct again. I experience no honest pity for you,” Axxon replied as he raised his halberd and brought it down to behead his adversary. Soon he’d see the head roll. Soon he’d have one less to deal with. He could fix this. He would return Order to the world.

Chaos didn’t like that idea, apparently.

Axxon roared as the rubble crushed into his shoulders and broke against him. His attack swung wide, halberd biting into the ground and missing its mark. Each concrete chunk left long lines in the sand as they slowly came to a stop further down the beach. Axxon’s footing slipped and he nearly fell, but caught himself with a step. He stood battered but not downed. Scrapes from the concrete covered his armor, and the single horn on his mask now bent almost completely forward. His vision swam.

“Who- “ 

Axxon wheeled around to see who assaulted him, but the toa of gravity and shadow proved faster. Korruhn’s first punch crushed into the painfully welded shut wounds on Axxon’s back where something now lived, the chitinous protodermis exterior cracking with the force and flakes spinning past Korruhn’s face. The amalgam inside Axxon yowled like a caged rahi. Whatever shred of stoicism Axxon retained after his transformation died as his vision faded.

“Ah. The rain anoints our battlefield,” Axxon remarked as the second punch crushed against his chest. He felt the force travel like a shockwave through his body, and his nerves burned with the hot fire of warning pain. Breathing came a little harder, and with a sharp pain in Axxon’s ribs. Korruhn watched silver protodermis sliding down the grooves of Axxon’s kanohi as the titan continued;

“It’s good luck to murder in a downpour. Every aspect of our inner horror is washed away.”

Axxon’s vision returned in time to catch the full beauty of Ultan’s fiery lights impacting his right side. The twin fireballs scorched his arms and legs, leaving him as red and purple as metal put to the forge. The rain dried from the heat, but the blasts knocked his assailants back from him, dusting them with a fine coating of hot glass crystal from the melted sand.

In the inferno Axxon learned the true meaning of the word pain. His voice proved empty as the fire ate the very air escaping his throat. He prayed, and somehow, his prayers were answered. He heard many voices of his god, crying in the same anguish from the depths of the waters lapping against the shore. The amalgam translated the twisted words.

Axxon didn’t pray for a peaceful death. He prayed for justice. He prayed for holy vengeance. Axxon belonged to something greater than himself. 

That something responded. 

“Mata-Nui loves us. He raises us. He shields us. He shows us our purpose and we obey. To think you might have known your purpose only to abandon it,” Axonn shouted as the smoke drifted from his wounded form. He raised his halberd high, and a dark glimmer caught its blade. No time to safely test whatever untold changes befell his tool of war. The test was now, he decided with forced conviction. He concentrated on the something that responded. “To think you would stand and imagine you are proud. You are not proud. You are pitiful!”

A thin silver thread emerged from the handle of the halberd. It wrapped around Axxon’s hand, and formed an intricate and throbbing web across him until it touched the welded scars. A bright flare of illumination burst outwards, followed by a shockwave and a peel of thunder. Suddenly Axxon was not alone.

Two, then four,  then six, and finally eight hollow specters of roughly matoran stature gained solid form as they drifted from one realm into another. Some were without, and others in excess. All could smell the living, and grew ravenous. Axxon didn’t know what he summoned. He didn’t even get to see it. Axxon blacked out standing tall and unmoving. But the amalgam was very much awake, and moved his newfound allies with the precision and poise of a master puppeteer. The throbbing veins of silver covering Axxon extended like an oily spider’s web to the specters, and the amalgam quietly did their work.

The specters took their first steps on mortal soil since their banishing to the Far Shore at the end of the world, and they longed to stay. To do so, they knew they must feed. So they hunted the toa in front of them, swarming and yowling, as their mouths lawled open and hung slack, and their shoulders hunched, and they drew their hands back to tear apart those who stood ready for consumption. They would consume them. They would tear their mortal stars away.

They would welcome them back home.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua, @~Xemnas~, @The Captain, @Crimson Jester

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
added more
  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"So it's a test of intent as well," he mused. He still wasn't sure what to make of this whole situation. Whatever was in this place was seemingly worth killing over, if the corpse they'd encountered in the antechamber was anything to go by, but he still wasn't convinced that this unspecified 'boon' was worth the effort. "I don't suppose there's anything else you could tell us about what lies beyond that door? This whole thing seems to ask for a lot of work for a vague promise of power."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Ruins of Air

With the Administrator having shifted its focus to speak with Taja, Whisper chose not to press the entity further. Debating a relic of a bygone time was never going to get her very far, especially one that clearly held unveiled disdain for her kind. 

She would need to take a more direct approach, to find out what lay behind the words, and the walls. 

Drawing upon her kraata power, Whisper reached out to the miniscule insects that were abundant in the swamp, drawing a small swarm around her and directing them to scurry over every surface of the chamber, then the tunnels, in search of any gaps, passages, mechanisms, or anything else that might be concealed from the naked eye. 

@Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

One of the glyphs floated slightly above the floor, unlike the others carved directly into the stone. Taja hadn't seen it before, but something about it seemed... incomplete. Its fragmented nature seemed to transcend her ignorance of the symbol itself.

Apex was ignoring her, and Taja was fine with that. But she had a feeling they needed to work together. Could the elder Aspect read this strange script that patterned the floor?

"What did you find in the other room?" she asked.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Tuakana | The Desert

They traveled towards the setting sun. Their little cousin's voice came from afar.

Tuakana I … I know you wish to prevent death. If it is at all possible, if you find refugees from the gigantic head, please warn them about that beast. It … I don’t even know if the Skakdi who butchered my people deserve to face that monstrosity.

They chewed her words as they strode. Nothing could stand against the horror birthed from the mountain. Nothing that existed now. A ghost of a memory suggested that, once, there had been an entity strong enough to hold its own. The two powers had clashed in a past age. Their struggle froze the earth and scorched the sky. A warning would do little in the face of that.

I … I do not remember the ways of my people much, but I recall what your Great Work was. And I think I remember that great works require different steps to be completed. If I may be so bold, what do you need to get closer to becoming the master of time and death? Is there a way I could help?

The words came almost faster than they could understand. They were silent for a long time. They digested the question.

"Great works... require great power," they replied at last. "And the Disks may be the source. I seek the secret of their making... in the fallen head."

They fell quiet again, ever moving west. Their knuckles thumped the ground in a ceaseless rhythm.

"Seek the Disks," they said. "The strongest ones. The great ones."

OOC: @Harvali

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukarus (Irrnak's Tooth)

:It is certain.:

As Drukarus received the brief reply to his complex question, he only let out a soft sigh as the odd sensation waved across his form. Drukarus at this point realized that further questioning weren't going to lead to anywhere. And so, accepting the odd thing that he now held, Drukarus returned the sphere to the pocket he had stored it in previously.

Exiting the tent, Drukarus took notice of the starry night that now loomed overheard and the silent that had fallen over the Warskak, it seemed that the celebrations are over and the day had reached its end. Looking amongst the sleeping masses of Skakdi; from those sleeping on, in, and around their Rigs, those seemingly fallen and passed out in a drunken stupor onto their makeshift tables and chairs, and some Skakdi were presumably slumbering in the scattered tents.

Looking around, Drukarus made his way across the camp, beyond the very edge of it, before finding a long since dead burnt tree; its bark brittle and gnarled, its trunk and roots burnt and layered in ash, its leaves long since scattered and desiccated. Positioning himself beneath it, sitting in a cross-legged position, Drukarus leaned his mass against it, the rough bark of it biting and scratching into his more organic components more so than he originally thought they would, but he endured it. Pulling out his maul, Drukarus laid it lengthwise across his lap, his hand loosely wrapped around its handle, in the case some foolish Skakdi tried to pull one on him.

Staring up towards the stars, Drukarus' thoughts lingered on the simply fact that he was a foreigner, an outsider, a stranger here. Too these Skakdi, he was either an oddity that their warchief had thought as amusing, or a source of jealously, for being honored for no apparent reason. Drukarus knew that if he was too make the changes he desired, he would have to prove himself, prove that he is strong, that he is wise, that he is truth. Looking back up towards the stars, Drukarus stared at them, noting many constellations of former skakdi warlords that had been honored in the stars from his native Zakaz, "Truly this island was a wonder." he thought has he passed into sleep.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

Once again, Apex had been foiled in her goals to achieve knowledge and power. The ritual, it was incomplete. What she had read before was the beginning, while this was the end, that had left only the most important part, the middle, the actual process of it. But another sign showed itself, an odd shape, one that she thought might have been in the other room but she had simply missed it, was this a Taboo, the sources of power she sought. Apex was about to touch it when the words of Taja broke the air.

"What did you find in the other room?"

Apex jerked her head up, like a prey animal jerking its head up mid-graze in the response to sudden stimuli. Unfortunately for Apex, the chamber was small in height, and Apex ended up bumping her hardened skull against the skull ceiling before turning back towards the void-touched Toa, a somewhat surly look upon her.

Craning her head over her shoulder, the languid flesh of her neck shaking as Apex let out a course groan and responded. "Huh, the Toa speaks to the Rahi not with malice but with curiosity, quickly one's tone changes, does it not." Rolling her head and turning her whole form towards Taja, Apex extended her neck and took a step forwards towards Taja, leveling her eyes with the Toa's. "There is no point in hiding what can't properly be concealed. Within the other chamber, I found much of the same, pipes of black and white, the remains of former inhabitants," Apex said as she gently scraped against the brood cells with one of her foreclaws, a few flecks coming off and landing onto the ground, "And evermore secrets hidden in the tongue of Xa-Kuta, that which I am sure you cannot speak, let alone read, and that I do not know whether the shadowling would know the true history of."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru

IC: Sala (The Air Suva)

As the Suva made its next rotation, the half-moon of the sapling and the window aligning, Sala took note of the lack of apparent change and pondered upon his and Sorilax's method before Nixie made herself known once again.

"Okay, now I'm confused. I know you're both moving this around, and there's a plant, but why? Sala, care explaining?"

"Oh, uh, ummmmm..." Sala stopped and paused for several seconds, unknowingly scratching the side of his Kanohi in a similar manner to Sorilax, "Well, I suppose, we're simply trying to see what it does. It is obvious this it is meant to do something, so we're just trying to see what that something is. But it does seem apparent that our method is flawed somehow. Anything you care to share Nixie? Anything particular clues of note that we're missing? Sala offered, gesturing to the Suva with his off hand.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2020 at 6:47 AM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:

“You may think of me as a prisoner, but make no mistake: I am on this ship because I chose to be. Because it presents a chance to help me get to where I need to be sooner. And don’t take this as a threat, but I am also capable of leaving it again at any time. Now, if you truly wish to help me and give me your word, I will honor that and help you in turn. And since my goal is to leave your world again, I can hardly offer you an IOU. So I am willing to work with you, as long as it serves our mutual interests.”

“You know where I stand, the question is: what exactly do you want from me?"

IC Yumiwak | Panda II

The clear pronouncement of this Zataka's status and prowess gave me sufficient pause to realize diplomacy would have to be more wisely employed. Threatening this Zataka would not help me or my crew—but that did not mean I had to meet her truthfulness on par. By telling us what and who she was, Zataka sharpened my own senses, and if this was actually supposed to be a ploy of hers it would be clever indeed. For the moment, though, I chomped on a portion of my ego and did not meet her strength head-on, though to say I disliked her status as a threat was an understatement. She needed to be contained, but to do that I needed to use guile, not brute force. 

"I'm not sure," I admitted—truthfully, mind you—"but I first wanted to know what you had to offer. You and your kind are an enigma to me and I wanted to learn why your god's accursed head fell on our realms, and when I heard of someone from that world possessed admirable power I was driven to find out more.

"I suppose... at the core, I'm curious and you interest me. This world we call Zakaz is a treacherous quagmire of strife and decay where power is earned and then used like a tool to reshape the land. I suppose the question is mutual, then: What can you do to help me?"

 

IC Leklo | Fortress Ruin

The errant-toa slayed motionless in the pile of rocks, indistinguishable from the rubble in the pre-dawn darkness that shrouded everything but the shimmering sea he could barely discern from the edge of his eyes and ears. He thought he heard Ultan scamper around and thought that perhaps his ally would come to his aid, help him up, and make sure he was alright, but quickly his hopes were dashed as the footfalls faded away towards the lumbering foe they'd chosen to mettle with, so Leklo remained on his back, methodically sensing if he still possessed the ability to feel below his neck and move. He'd practiced similar meditations when he was The Alpinist. He hated falling, and in fact utterly feared it, but sometimes it had proven an inevitable fate on the occasions of chomping on more than he could chew or haphazardly choosing the wrong precipice to grab onto. When that happened there was nothing to be done about it. No level of clawing, screaming, or debating could solve the quandary. 

Leklo had become rather good at the mental power of acceptance as a direct consequence of his falls, and simultaneously how to recover from them. He could not rejoin the battle, not yet, and he instead focused his mentality inwards. Muscle by muscle, appendage by component, he surveilled himself. He could still move all his fingers and his toes reacted likewise so at least his arms were not paralyzed, though his back ached like a mother's trucker regardless. At a gentle stirring of his chest muscles he felt further stabbing pains all around his torso, indicative of broken somethings beneath his armor. He'd been flung straight backwards through the walls and so the brunt of everything was taken there, and his toa-armor had done little more than preserve his intactness by his estimations. Above the din of battle and through the mental fog that blessed his external senses, though, he heard a familiar voice barreling out into the void incantations of heretical prose.

Mata-Nui loves us! He raises us! He shields us! He shows us our purpose and we obey.

"To think you might have known your purpose only to abandon it. To think you would stand and imagine you are proud.

"You are not proud—you are pitiful!

Unfortunately for the sycophant, Leklo's skill at acceptance ever only went as far as his arms reached. Axonn's proclamations incensed Leklo more than anything else he'd heard that day. He loved Mata Nui as much as anyone, he supposed, but he loved his friends more; at least he could touch them and see their deeds in action. To have them called pitiful flew in the face of every proof he'd seen—they were strong, resourceful, valiant, and generous. They were not pitiful, they were everything they needed to be and more, and Leklo's duty was not to some forgetful god but to the people he cared about. 

He would not stand for it, not so long as he could stand, and so he set out to prove himself that he still could do so. His servos strained and his muscles burgeoned as he slowly curled his legs up and tried to push himself from the earth. His friends needed him, and he would be there for them even if it killed him. 

  • Like 5

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ultan, seaside fortress

Great, Ultan thought as he witnessed a near dozen apparitions fade into existence around the terrifyingly still titan. As they grew more and more into physical form, they began to lumber and lunge toward Korruhn and himself, with a few trotting their way in the direction of Leklo. 

Oh no you don't! 

Planting his feet firm in an ancient stance and bringing both hands in unison back at his side, Ultan thrust both forward, emitting a beam of scalding emerald flame at the two that had gone after Leklo, setting them aflame and knocking them back several yards to scramble and scream. They looked like Matoran, but something in Ultan's heart knew that they were not truly alive. Or at least, not truly alive yet

He turned his attention toward the mass rushing toward him and Korruhn. He stood at his back, ready to support.

"Let's end this!" he called out to the shadow Toa, deciding that he would come to grips with his new ally once this strange fight was through. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: NU-8020S (Po-Koro Gates, Vahki Transport, Exterior)

Organics subjugating other organics. Typical. This was not her fight, and yet… whether it was some trace of her original programming she had yet to quash or something more heroic, NU-8020S felt she should at least offer some assistance.

"You believe the culprits will soon return to the crime scene. I concur, but I am reluctant to divide the squad. There are only seven of us, and the other six are my responsibility. I could send half to Metru-Koro and assign the other half here, but which half would I supervise?"

A more polite way of saying 'I am not splitting up the squad and there’s no way you can make me, so make up your minds, fleshsacks'.

@Harvali@Tarn@pokemonlover360@Snelly

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Yeah, uh, what exactly is the incentive here, for jumping through all your hoops?"

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Aurax

Location - The Coliseum (4, 9), 50th Floor Throne Room

With - Oreius

 

As Aurax left the fear subsided, letting Saybo relax momentarily. He wondered if he would have to deal with that fear every time Aurax was around. Well, whatever it took to serve his Great Being.

Saybo’s chest and arm now seemed fully healed, but his armor was still warped from the sudden heat. He would need to get it fixed. But not tonight. No. He doubted everyone would accept Aurax as easily as Achro and the receptionist had. He would have to spend the rest of the night making sure Aurax’s rule was secure.

Saybo studied Oreius for a moment before walking to Pridak and stripping the corpse of its mask. Resources were resources and he doubted this mask would give anyone as much trouble as Stannis’ Kanohi had. The holes in the eyes of the once white now inert silver Matatu stared at him as he cleaned it the best he could before stowing it away in his backpack. The Kanohi rightfully belonged to Aurax now, and Saybo would keep it safe.

Next he went over to a destroyed Vahki, limbs and head deformed and parts scattered and clinking on the floor as he accidentally kicked them. It was time to rectify his loss of combat ability. Why his element had disappeared, he didn’t know, but he had to be ready in case it happened again. For now, a Vahki staff would have to do. One of its staffs of Erasing was fractured, but the other seemed intact. He grabbed it, slipping it under his backpack so it could magnetically attach to his back.

Glancing at Oreius as well as Pridak’s corpse, he entered the same elevator Aurax just had. Hopefully Saybo would find his Great Being on the receptionist’s floor one below the throne room.
 

OOC: @Eyru

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak, Varian, Takadox, Providence

 

"Thank you, Providence. You've shown me that it's more urgent than ever for me to achieve my Grand Wish. I am sorry, but what you've said is not of equal value to a heartlight. Let us be off, Cravious," Whira spoke in response to Providence.

Cravious nodded, agreeing that the value of the information was sorely lacking. It was a shame, really, he had hoped for a pawn. Instead it seemed he was back to plan A. If Zak-Yak would let him, anyway. He still hadn’t figured out how that crafty Mesi had shown up out of thin air.

Before he took a step, he paused. Looking at Zak-Yak, Cravious saw how deformed the Mesi’s right arm was. The metal was all warped and not quite crushed so much as it seemed “malnourished” in a way. It reminded Cravious of his bad foot and how long his organic protodermis muscles were taking to regrow. For a moment he allowed himself to imagine crafting a better arm for the Mesi, but that line of thinking led him to look down at the hunk of metal his feet.

The severed ACR arm below him was marvelous in one regard. Somehow it was able to function without an attached form of power. Cravious saw no evidence of a Heartlight key, so it had to lean on something else. But any other form of power would have easily stood out to him. It was just a slight mystery, though. It easily could have batteries or be powered by Zak-Yak’s innate element.

The Heartlight key made him think of his briefcase and grip it tighter. He needed to get out of here safely, get Desecrated, fulfill his wishes, and start…

Fulfill his wishes? An idea slowly formed in his mind, pieces falling into place after he carefully polished them. He might just profit from this encounter yet. He turned to Providence, “Actually, you just might have something of value after all. Every being who gets Desecrated is bound by a non-partial third party to accomplish a wish the Aspect dictates. I would be willing to provide one Heartlight to you in exchange for Zak-Yak’s wish benefiting Whira or I. What say you?

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

The Toa brushed aside the Aspect's haughty remark. "You're right. And I won't pretend we're suddenly friends. But this—" she vaguely indicated with one hand. "—Administrator obviously holds all of us in equal contempt. So we might as well work together. For now, at least."

Closing her eyes, Taja reached out with her shadow-sense. She pushed her senses into the darkness of the pipes, searching for where they might lead or what they might contain.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, Piraka Fortress

Korruhn flew backward through the air, propelled by the force of Ultan's blast striking Axonn's mutated, battered form. He hit a low chunk of wall jutting out like a finger from the bed of sand, and came to an immediate--and painful--halt. He grimaced, not entirely sure how to respond to the cacaphony of synaptic responses signalling to his brain the litany of wounds he'd attained in his assault on Axonn. The pain blinded, and yet, Korruhn pushed to his feet with all his might.

Adrenaline coursed through Korruhn's system, a combination of war adrenaline and sheer astonishment at the amount of damage he managed to put into the Titan before being repelled. He had seen the armor crack, punch after punch, Axonn's insides or whatever they were writhing inside. Protodermis still splattered Korruhn's entire silhouette from the flurry, and his arms burned from the weight of the battering rams he'd had affixed to his arms, which had crumbled in the assault. He groaned, and looked around him.

Leklo.

The Toa knew his friend was wounded, and wished he could have attended him sooner, but the push to suppress Axonn would buy he and his friends a few more precious moments. He ran to the downed Toa, and grabbed him firmly under the shoulder, lifting him to his feet.

"You're alright, get up." Korruhn said, trying to inject as much hope into his inflection as possible to get Leklo back in the fight. He was no medic, but he knew how to get the Alpinist going. "I've never seen a mountain knock you down that you didn't get back up and conquer." He grabbed the now-standing Toa, and began to walk him back to the battlefield, until he could stand again on his own feet. As he did, Ultan called out to him, rallying the two Toa back to battle. Korruhn turned to Leklo.

"You can switch out your mask with the Suva until we fix this one. Think you can hold in there 'til we can topple this mountain?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @The Captain @~Xemnas~  @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

dssig.png.301aee4dd3d966b1ed8790511b44ef22.png

"One day, we will punish those that harm us by erasing them from our collective memory. Every trace gone. Every connection severed. A stranded death sentence in the shores of eternity. Only then will they know justice, and we peace."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Providence - Ruins of Fire

The Aspect bowed his head in thought, raising a pensive hand to rest beneath his faceplate's chin. After a moment, he responded. "Such a deal would be agreeable to me, if it is agreeable to Zak-Yak. But--" and at this his hand left his faceplate and extended its index finger - "What boon would you consider as being equal in value to a heartlight?"

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Kal the Guardian @Sparticus147 @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

IC: Ollem - The Falls

With the raft secured mere yards from the trailhead, Ollem was off like a lightning bolt. Despite having been a nervous, starving, dehydrated wreck when Mahrika had met him, the Onu-Matoran had seemingly been revitalized in the short time they'd known each other, leaving Mahrika to wonder how much of this change had arisen purely as a result of her own presence.

Presently, Ollem was charging up the trailhead - though as his sense of caution caught back up to his astounded sense of curiosity, he halted, turning to make sure that Mahrika was able to keep up with his pace, as they advanced together towards the grand and statuesque waterfall that bore the likeness of a Kanohi Kaukau.

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 2

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ultan, seaside fortress

As Korruhn moved to recover their downed companion, Ultan covered his rear, lobbying fireballs at incoming creatures spawned from the shimmering aura radiating from the mutant titan. Somewhere in the distance the axe-wielding Toa was clambering back to his feet as well. 

As each shot made contact with these creatures, they stumbled and steamed; much to Ultan's dismay, they continued to get up and lumber closer. The earth around the titan was shaking as well, and thin trails of silver, ephemeral light extended from it like a web to the encroaching minions.

We need a kill shot, Ultan thought. Or this is going to get bad. 

Mustering his full strength, Ultan drew within himself, planting both feet firm in the soft grassy knoll all but shattered by the carnage of their battle. The runes along his armor began to shimmer and glow hot green, light beginning to emanate from his gauntlets and mask. 

Extending his palms out before him, Ultan let forth a gale of emerald flame, coating the hilltop with a trench-line of brilliant light. Clenching his fists, he thrust his hands up, and with them a firewall extended high from the line of fire, completely blocking off Korruhn, Leklo, and Ultan from the titan's line of sight. 

The silhouette of the dusky creatures summoned forth by their adversary could be made out darkly through the firewall. Ultan was unsure how resistant they would be to its heat or light, but suspected that the firewall would at least conceal their exact location... for a time. 

"Get ready to make your shot!" Ultan called over the roar of the flickering firewall, straining to keep it from spreading beyond stability. With a twist of a wrist, a circular gap opened in the firewall, giving Korruhn and Leklo a clear view of their target.

OOC@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester  @~Xemnas~  @Unreliable Narrator

Edited by The Captain
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Falls

When they eventually progressed, the two of them would have to contend with the trail cutting across the cliffside growing thinner in its width until being barely more than a foothold. Would they attempt to scale it, climb up, or find another way into the carving in the falls?

ooc: @Burnmad, @Harvali

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

“Only what is needed in the end,” the Administrator replied. “When all hope is lost, so long as a hero rises willing to sacrifice all, there is still one flame left flickering that can be kindled into a bonfire.”

ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui

 

IC: Nixie | Air Suva

“I sadly don’t,” Nixie said with a frown. “But maybe going over what we know already might be helpful? I mean, you both discovered the suva rotates, and I pointed out the windows. You said something about the shape of the plant, and also that there was some ancient evil power here that Sorilax removed. The murals on the suva showed some sort of story or a pattern? It looked like a cycle of something being defeated by something larger, but then Sorilax you said they were rahkshi. And I suppose there are a lot of things that are round in here, like the window and the suva and the shape of the room and… I guess my line of thought. I feel like I’m walking in circles with my words, you know?”

Nixie paused, realizing that may have been the most she’d spoken at once around her new companions. “Did I say too much?”

ooc: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Air

Morangad’s search proved useful. The pipes ran horizontally along the wall and passed through the right and left walls of the space. More correctly, they seemed to simply vanish into the wall because the seal was so precise. The pipes were made of some unknown metal, and sounded hollow when tapped. Nothing lived inside. Ferns, fungus, and other shade loving growing things made their jungle home among the pipes, finding purchase even in the inhospitable growing conditions. A lone spider in its web hung between two of the pipes, its dark eyes watching Morangad’s investigations with an alien intelligence.

“Yes, Taja, working together. How wonderful. I’m sorry to say the last two praying here did not find each others’ company a resource. They left shortly before you arrived. Very slow, the both of them. I mean physically slow. They were intelligent enough. They just couldn’t think outside the box. You know what’s proving intriguing to me: the differences of those who are seeking answers. You all ask the same questions, but some of you are so much ruder than others. Very few understand that deference and respect for their elders goes a long way.”

ooc: @Nato the Traveler, @Sparticus147, @Eyru, @Burnmad

 

IC: Nektann, Tahtorak of Loss | Moving South

The rain reached Po-Koro quickly. It started first with the pattering of fat droplets against the windshields of vehicles parked outside the settlement, and followed with the sands turning to thick and crusty dirt and the granite boulders growing dark as the water washed over them. The storm clouds rolled across the horizon, not blocking the sun out completely but dimming it swiftly to a dull beam. 

Then came the echo of the roar. At first one could have heard it and thought it just far off thunder, but no lightning flashed in the sky, and the pitch and wail of the roar cut deep into the mind with a different kind of terror. 

But Nektann did not walk through Po-Koro, instead he walked through the shaved and shattered mountains nearby, his hulking form appearing as a shadow in the distance. In his wake mudslides stripped the topsoil from the hills. The sheer volume of water sunk deep into the earth, filling tunnels and causing a river of rainwater to form in the caverns beneath Po-Koro.

After a few hours Nektann’s encroachment on the village ended. The rains moved on. They had been spared. He continued South for trees.

OOC: everyone in Po-Koro, OFI

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Koro

As Sorilax recovered the taboo from the side of the suva of air another star vanished in the night sky about Metru-Koro. It didn’t even flicker -- it just vanished. There was no explanation, no warning.

In the wake of the conflict and the verge of a new path forged towards peace, many of the villagers of Metru-Koro exited the “Archaves” and began to find the remnants of the life they’d tried to rebuild over the past week. Some gave in to grief, wandering away from the village in no particular direction to find a quiet place to call their own until the island claimed them. Death seemed inevitable so some. To others, there was hope.

One villager, a ta-matoran who always found himself in the right place for trouble, couldn’t help but explore the deep damages caused by the weaponry mounted to the League airship. The hagah plasma cannons ripped buildings apart and left holes deep into the earth behind instead. Some of the holes into the earth connected to an intricate cave system that led even further down. The ta-matoran, being curious and still in shock, found himself wandering into them.

He came back out a few minutes later running as fast as his legs would carry him.

“There’s something down there,” he shouted; “I heard drumming!”

OOC: Everyone in Metru-Koro, OFI

  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"In the end... of what?" Xane asked. "I don't understand... well, any of this." He'd already seen his world end, but he couldn't see how anything hidden in a temple could help with that. The Administrator had to be referring to something else. Perhaps the end of this world? 

The talk of heroes and sacrifice made the objective behind the door sound like some weapon or tool of last-resort, but what kind of contingency required the user to first forge a formidable weapon, then immediately give it up? It was a big ask, especially if the thing within the temple was only meant to be used under circumstances where all hope was already lost. 

@Toru Nui @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

The Tiokaha hummed satisfactorily as his investigation of the room concluded. He had gathered that there was some puzzle or riddle to be solved in this place, but it was apparent that the solution was not contained in this room alone.

Reaching out with his mind, his consciousness brushed up against that of his Aspect companion. Apex, he communicated wordlessly, there is writing in this room that you may be able to decipher. I went down the center hallway.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator


Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

 

Sorilax waved a hand in dismissal of the idea, “No, no. Of course not. As long as one speaks with wisdom or knowledge, I’m not sure if it’s possible to say too much, though perhaps I am not the best judge of that. I don’t exactly get tired, so it’s hard to pay attention to time passing.

Regardless, you bring up many great points. In fact this puzzle seems much less clear than it did a moment ago. I had thought that it might be a simple matter of lining things up properly. But with us already rotating it more than a full rotation, surely something would have clicked or made itself evident that we had unlocked or opened some device or container. The fact that it has not complicates this puzzle indeed.

Peering at the murals once more, Sorilax pondered, “Circles and cycles, you say. Hummm…. Perhaps cycles is the better term? For some reason, I feel like that’s an important distinction. Maybe this Suva ties into Fate or Destiny? No, that might be reading too far into things.”

Sorilax’s hand traced the murals as he thought. Rahi defeated by Toa, Toa defeated by Rahkshi, Rahkshi defeated by Kaita. “This Kaita is surrounded by stars. Perhaps we have to rotate this section of it to face the half circle ‘moon’? Well… I am not sure. That seems too simple an idea now. The concept of circles does sound very purposeful, though. I really do think you’ve hit on something there, Nixie. I am quite glad we found you here.

Thinking for a moment, Sorilax continued, “Maybe direction of rotation matters? But how would that tie into circles? This is very puzzling indeed.” Sorilax sounded like he was enjoying this. He stepped back to take in the room and try to get a new perspective. Was the room itself part of the puzzle other than the windows? The floor was wooden and held no secrets, but Nixie’s mention of circles, that felt right. But what did that mean?

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak, Varian, Takadox, Providence

 

Cravious was glad this path might work, but what indeed was worth a Heartlight?

Helping Whira out with three of her steps felt about right, but it seemed Aspects were in direct competition with each other and Providence might not like that. But only helping with one step wasn’t worth it. Helping with two steps then. That seemed fair. A little give and take.

Cravious considered the ACR arm that lay damaged at his feet. Or maybe in exchange for the inconvenience to him and Whira in this instance, him fixing the arm for Zak-Yak, and one Heartlight, Zak-Yak would help out Whira with one step and then procure another Heartlight for Cravious. That might be worth it too. He would be less powerful now, but the situation would produce a profit in the future.

Okay,” Cravious said after a pause, “Here’s two options. One, I sacrifice convenience and immediate power in the form of one Heartlight from a sentient being in exchange for Zak-Yak’s wish to be helping Whira accomplish any two of her steps that she decides.

Cravious paused, motioning the arm at his feet, “Option two, I sacrifice convenience and immediate power in the form of one Heartlight from a sentient being and I fix Zak-Yak’s ACR arm in exchange for Zak-Yak’s wish to be helping Whira accomplish one of her steps that she decides and procuring and giving me one Heartlight from a sentient being.

Nodding to himself, the two options sounded fair enough to him. His inconvenience at losing a power today might be worth more, but he didn’t want to push so far that Providence might back out of a deal. “Which one sounds better to you?

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @~Xemnas~ @Burnmad @Snelly @Vezok's Friend

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi began to pace, his mask-like armor jingling with each step. Finally he said, “I … we can pay a tribute if we have to, and the Skakdi might not even come back for some time. But Metru-Koro, they are in immediate danger. I … think it’s best if you and your squad go to them with Toa Jutori and Vashni. If you wish to. Um, Collector and Kilo, if you wouldn’t mind staying behind—

And then came a sound like the mad beating of a thousand drums. Kanohi turned to see a darkening as thick droplets pounded into the wasteland, deforming and mutilating it. The layers of dust from the impact were pounded by the rain, flung skyward before mixing into a torrent of mud.

The landscape peeled away, the ground ripped asunder. Mahi sprinted madly in an attempt to flee, as the sparse desert vegetation was swallowed. The sun was devoured as thick storm clouds dominated the sky, leaving the world below an dull haze. And then came the echoing roar, 

Kanohi trembled, as he saw a massive shadow tower over the wastes. “Th-the beast,” he managed, as the rain began to pound against Po-Koro. This … this must be the beast that dig the tunnels. It had to be. It was the only thing big enough. 

The raw intensity of the rain was not upon the village though, it was the fringes, a rough onslaught, but not the full rage of the maelstrom. That was surrounding the beast, seemingly obscure him like a fog.

Collector drew their Kanoka Blade, standing in front of Kanohi. They tried to stand firm even as their heartlight matched Kanohi, and their hand rattled. They had to be strong and protect the Matoran, like they imagined a Toa would. As they stood guard the beast lumbered in the distance, seeming to walk past the crude village.

Kanohi stared up at the distant beast, his optic’s wide, his body threatening to shatter from his trembling. He … he never imagined such a beast, such power. Was … was that one of those Kaita?

Then he heard cries. The Matoran. He swerved to face the village. They were on the outskirts of the storm, but even then the stone buildings of the village were pounded by rain, and the ground was begin to turn into a quagmire.

He swallowed and brandished his Kiril Staff. As he readied to grapple he shouted over the storm, “We-we need to move. C-Collector, can you freeze the ground solid, keep it from crumbling? Vashni and Jutori, do you think you can help reinforce the buildings and try to block the flood? Kilo, Nu, other Vahki, would you be willing to help me rescue the Matoran?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode trembled as the roar filled the crumbling ‘streets’ of Po-Koro, and the very sky began to unleash its full fury. The De-Matoran swallowed and thought, “M-Master, I … a storm is brewing, a massive one. And I … I think I can see a colossal monster marching through the epicenter.

Elsewhere the Matoran at the Po-Koro radio tower suddenly interrupted the conversation that had been planned. “Taku, Taku, there is some sort of massive maelstrom ravaging Po-Koro. We are only in the fringes, but it’s devastating the wasteland … Taku, there was just a massive roar. I … any help you can spare, please.

OOC: @Toru Nui @BULiK

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika waddled after Ollem, her telescopic lens probing the surrounding waters as she climbed. She … she did not see the beast returning, nor spy any Skakdi moving, but she held her Kanoka at the ready just in case. As little as it would do against even a Skakdi.

Strange, to think of a Skakdi as the lesser of two evils. The weaker of two powers. Only a few hours ago, she feared nothing more than the Skakdi. And now? They were barely stronger than her. All but helpless. She shivered, and continued up the path.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Taja ignored the Administrator, still feeling out with her shadow-sense for anything interesting. But nothing turned up: as far as she could tell, the pipes were empty. There were no signs of even plant life or cobwebs; they were unnaturally clean, especially when compared to the rest of the temple, which was in a general state of disrepair.

Opening her eyes, the Toa walked over to the funnel that extended out from the series of black pipes. It seemed designed to receive something and transport it through the system. What was it designed to receive? She didn't know, and there was no telling if the answer was even here to be found. Apex could read the writing on the floor, but the elder Aspect hadn't said anything about the pipes. They seemed more concerned with the writing itself; perhaps the carvings had nothing to do with this puzzle, and were simply histories or rituals that happened to share a room.

There was only one way to find out what the pipes did, and that was to use them. Taja raised an open hand and stared at her palm. Once again, she was reminded that her body had changed. Even the shapes of her fingers were different; there was nothing familiar about them at all. She felt a little nauseated, but she forced the feeling down and focused on her hand. Every groove and crevice held its own small shadow, and she pulled them together into a circle that settled in her palm.

Reaching deep within herself, she tapped into that spring of power whose limits she had yet to fully test. She allowed that power to well up and feed the shadow in her hand as she had done before in the desert. But instead of making the shadow larger in only two dimensions, she forced it to expand into the third dimension, and the circle of darkness slowly bubbled up into a sphere. It was uneven and ragged at first, but with a thought its surface became smooth as glass. It was opaque and utterly black; it sucked up all the light that fell upon it, making it look more like a hole in reality than an actual object she could hold in her hand.

Looking back at the funnel, Taja wondered if this was a wise plan. Who knew what might happen if she put pure elemental energy into these pipes? Especially shadow energy—the Administrator had already announced its disdain for her element. But she didn't have any other ideas, and she hadn't come this far just to give up in the face of an apparent dead end. So she raised her hand and fired the bolt of darkness into the black funnel.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro

With Triage gone, Nale was left alone again, and it was here she realized that by giving the date of tomorrow, she'd have to find somewhere in the village to stay overnight. The Taku was basically her home now, the old ramshackle hut back in Po-Koro that her and Arkius had built now flattened by Skakdi, so the Toa of Magnetism figured she'd make use of its crew quarters for the first time. It was then she also wondered why she sent off Triage to inform the crew of her plans, when she could have done it in person if she was heading that way anyway.

It had been a long day. She thought it was over, until she heard a Matoran cry out. Nale immediately felt that tug she always felt when it seemed like someone needed help that would pull her towards them, the one she wished there was some way of squashing because it always brought her into trouble. Maybe it was something all Toa had, and maybe that's why so many ended up like her--or, why so many ended up dead.

As tired as she was, as spent by the day and the actions she had carried out, the Toa of Magnetism knew she wouldn't be able to just ignore it. It wouldn't hurt to just check in and make sure everything was okay, right? Nale quickly headed in the direction of the Ta-Matoran, crossing paths with him and raising her hands in a "stop" motion, hoping to at least settle him down. "What's going on?"

@Unreliable Narrator

IC: Jutori - Po-Koro

"Pay a tribute? You shouldn't let these Skakdi push you around! You're an entire village, and now you've got us here--"

Then it started to rain. The sky darkened a little. Jutori looked up, confused. "--a storm? Huh," was all the Toa of Gravity could get out before he saw it, the thing walking in the distance, strolling by the village like it mattered so little to it. A beast larger than anything he'd ever seen before. It made the tallest buildings in Metru Nui look like the huts that currently surrounded Jutori and his allies, and made him feel very, very small. And now the villagers were panicking as the effects of the rain from the beast threatened to turn everything into a humble pile of mud.

"Yes, right," Jutori replied to Kanohi, tearing his focus away from the beast lumbering on. "And when we're done saving the village, we're all going to discuss the horrible thing we just saw."

He entered the village proper, heading to the nearest hut in need of aid.

@Snelly@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taku Crew, Metru-Koro Plaza, Aboard the Taku

Yes this is Po-Koro, what is the situation at Metru-Koro?

Where to begin?

There was so much to explain to Po-Koro: the attack, the death of Sans, the state of the village, and more. Before Berys could verbalize any of it, Po-Koro followed up with another transmission.

Taku, Taku, there is some sort of massive maelstrom ravaging Po-Koro. We are only in the fringes, but it’s devastating the wasteland … Taku, there was just a massive roar. I … any help you can spare, please.

Berys sighed, unsure how to respond. The Le-Matoran nervously activated the microphone to repond.

"Captain not here, not ready to fly Taku yet. Will update if things change, over."

He slumped in his chair, trying to stay calm. What was he supposed to do? Commandeer the ship to fly into a giant storm before he had even a chance to inspect the battle damage? On a hope that there was something useful to do, and that they arrive in time? They had just flown ot Po-Koro that day, and it was not a reassuring sight. Maybe Po-Koro already doomed themselves by not evacuating when they had the chance. Either way, the response was out of Berys's hands, any rash decisions would just lead to more danger, but with him to blame, instead of Knichou, Po-Koro, or Nale.


Visit BZPRPG.com to view my WIP project of archiving BZPower's RPGs!

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profile

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zaliyah - Metru-Koro

The solemn solitude and stark silence that followed a battle were old friends to Zaliyah. She'd led the soldiers of the League on many campaigns, and endured her fair share of victories, defeats, and stalemates. The aftermath provided a time to regroup, recuperate, and dwell on what could have been done differently. 

Somewhat ironically, trust had been her mistake. She'd assumed that anyone who was still willingly living in Metru Nui after a week of deaths and desertions would be wholly loyal to the League, beyond reproach or doubt. Druu's betrayal had come as a total blindside, and the only solace she could find was in knowing that the faithless turncoat had almost certainly gone down with his ship. 

As she sat beside the wreckage of her own vessel, with her Vahki preparing a makeshift stretcher upon which to carry the salvaged artillery weapon and plasma cannon, Zaliyah could feel the hateful glares of the villagers who glanced her way. They moved through the smoke and sand like wraiths, putting out fires, tending their wounded, and dragging away debris. Zaliyah didn't need psionic powers to know what they thought of her. She was a traitor to her kind, a monster who'd rained destruction upon a village full of 'innocents'. Many, she suspected, shared Sans' belief that she and the rest of the League were little more than savages, who slaughtered for sport, and had killed their god out of spite.

Even though the village had technically surrendered, it didn't feel like a victory. The League had lost every ship and most of the Vahki it had committed to the attack, and now Zaliyah and Ostrox were effectively stranded amidst an army of beings who had every reason to hate them. Every passerby was a possible assassin. Every drawn weapon she saw, she expected to see swing in her direction. She kept her own weapons clutched close, ready to defend herself if need be.

It was going to be a long night. 

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

"You're right. And I won't pretend we're suddenly friends. But this—Administrator obviously holds all of us in equal contempt. So we might as well work together. For now, at least."

"That part, concerning the Administrator, we can agree upon. But unless your goals align or directly defy my own, you and your alpha's wishes do not concern me." 

And with that, Apex made her way towards the exit of the chamber, intent on finding the rest of the ritual's text, when the shifting in shadows caught her attention and made her halt in her steps. Drawing her gaze along the shadows, tracing them to their source, Apex took note at how the Toa seemed to manipulate the shadows with such a lack of fear or trepidation. Then the Toa made their way towards the odd funnel within the wall, before manifesting and launching a sphere of shadow within it. At that moment, Apex realized that she had never heard of, let alone seen, a Toa wield the void like the Aspects have.

With a brief hesitation, Apex turned towards Taja and spoke out to them, their voice coming out like the sounds of a quiet rodent and the soft creaking of wood, "T..Tell me Toa. How is it that you have come across the void, why is it that you are able to use its power with such ease and lack of fear, and how is it that you and the young shadow came together as you have. As I have said before, from my age, the Toa were actively antagonistic to my kind and their society saw us as beings of irrevocable moral darkness compared to their light."

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Eyru

IC: Sala (The Air Suva)

As Nixie gave her two widgets upon the matter, Sala joined Sorilax in their contemplation upon the matter. But unlike Sorilax, Sala began to actively review what knowledge they had, and peered once again at the murals along the Suva, looking at the direction in which it is presented.

Maybe direction of rotation matters? But how would that tie into circles? This is very puzzling indeed.

Looking up from his crouched position near the Suva murals, Sala spoke up, "No, I think your right about direction, a dial usually can be moved in both direction to solve the combination, it could also be that it only goes in a single direction. If that is the case, then maybe the direction is the direction in which the murals go. And if nothing happened after we made a full rotation, than maybe we need to put in the right position for something to happen...Honestly though, beyond that, I don't know how most of these things relate completely and whether or not the mural has anymore significance.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | Coliseum

The door behind the dark Wanderer shut and along with it went the serenity the previous setting afforded him. The trauma he'd experienced throughout the fight struck back at him in waves. His ears ached at the memory of the roar of wind from his descent, his chest reminded him of the horrifying sensation as the takean sword pierced through his flesh and broke his brittle bones like sticks, and his muscles strained to maintain their integrity as his essence was sapped away ounce by painful ounce. Stannis' mind raced through a thousand images in a flash but could not decipher them into a clear concept. 

Struck with a sudden fit of vertigo, Stannis grasped the wall of the tunnel to regain his balance. Instinctively, he felt for his chest, as if to confirm that it had in fact healed, and was relieved to see that it had in fact sealed the wound up, but he suddenly had a moment of dawning as well. He felt weak, weaker than in a very long time, as though his power had been utterly ripped from his marrow—and it had. He refused to think desecrating Aurax was a mistake, but it was an overextension to be sure. Already he'd lost much of his antidermis from the previous wound he suffered at the hand of Pridak and his subsequent cascade and reconstitution, but a good dose of what little he had left in his body was used up in the subsequent ritual and left him with fumes. Stannis had little faith in his ability to properly defend himself if he were threatened at that point, but he was not afraid for himself. Destiny was weird like that.

The Archives, he thought mirthlessly. He'd been on his way there at the start of the assault on Metru Nui, what seemed like an eon ago, and while he hadn't made it quite to his destination the road was all but clear now. What he needed was a brief respite, a recharge, and to drink from the wellspring of vitality he kept in the Archives' most secretive passageways. From there he could recompose his mind and plan his next campaign towards his Grand Wish. 

He looked down the narrow hall in the Coliseum's recesses and saw it shimmer in and out of focus. It was barely wider than his arms-an but yawned forbiddingly like a vast chasm to his mind's eye. Like a man as old as he drunk from a night of wine, he cautiously tapped his staff in front of him with one hand and kept the other against the wall as he ponderously clicked and pattered his way towards the elevator. It would be a long walk to The Vault, but that was okay—he had time most others didn't have, after all. 

  • Like 4

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Air Suva

With - Sala, Nixie

 

Sala mentioned a dial and that struck a chord with Sorilax. It reminded him of something else that he couldn’t quite put his finger on. While he thought on that he studied his surroundings amidst the muggy air of the partially confined space. The ancient walls were worn from age, much like his old body had been before he’d gotten a new one. Bird calls and the roar of far away predators could be heard beyond the walls. The room structure itself was circular, maybe that was a clue?

Sorilax scratched at his chin with a Shadow hand in thought as he looked at the circle window, turning clockwise to view the half circle window. Wait… could that be it?

Pointing at the windows as he formulated the idea, he spoke, “By jove, I do believe I just thought of a most interesting idea. My friends, could this temple represent a 12 hour clock? With the full circle window being the 12, and the half circle being the six? A clock has its cycles as it moves about in a circle.

Looking at the plant atop the Suva he continued, “And that plant would be our clock hand. We would just need to figure out numbers and rotation.” He looked at the murals again. There were many Rahi and Toa in the first few sections, but what stood out to him were the six Rahkshi, then three Toa, and then the space where the eight pointed star had been. He looked at the Taboo’s symbol on his hand before closing it into a fist.

There are six Rahkshi here, then three Toa, and then the Taboo with its eight pointed star. I do believe these to be our numbers. As for rotation, let us try all clockwise first, then all counter-clockwise should clockwise prove not to be correct. If neither of those work, let’s try the two Taboo numbers counter-clockwise and the Toa number clockwise. If even that doesn’t work, let’s try the two Taboo numbers clockwise, but the Toa number counter-clockwise.

Sorilax stepped up to the Suva, “Sala, if you would be so kind as to please help me once more. Let us use the outermost part of the plant as our clock hand.” His fellow chronicler stepped up to help and the two got to work, the grinding of the Suva’s rotation filling the space once more. Hopefully one of these combinations was correct. Even if not, Sorilax felt they were several steps closer to success.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zsann, aboard the Taku, one last time

The past days had brought many events for Zsann - new friends, new perspectives, new struggles. As she watched the crane lift away the injured, she could not help but wonder about this strange world for a moment. It had given her new perspectives on her strengths - but also, her shortcomings. This was turning into a war zone, and Zsann was not sure she could handle that. In fact, she realized with a jolt, she was terrified of freezing up again at a vital moment.

She would have to sort herself out first, otherwise she saw no way she could be of help to her friends.

With a last look back to the van, Zsann quickly, and silently, climbed out of the cargo bay. Mega and Yaushe would be able to look after themselves. She had to learn to trust in that. And to trust them, she thought as she made her way through and out of Metru-Koro, choosing her ways so that she would not encounter anyone.

She just hoped they would understand.

---

OOC: figured I'd let Zsann off the ship and go her merry way - and who knows, maybe she will come back one day. ^^

  • Like 3

save0351.jpg

 SKR Profile: Zsann || My art collection topic - updated! (30/06/2020)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"I...."

She did remember. The Sphere, the dead, the god, the deal. But this man, what he was saying ... that they had been comrades, had been friends.... She would have remembered something like, wouldn't she? And if she didn't, if she couldn't even remember something as monumental as a friend doing something like that, then what could she know? What could she possibly, truly, irrefutably know?

"I'm fine, Keitara, I just...," Irna mumbled softly to the woman, but even her friends were indistinct in her mind suddenly. She looked back to Mazor, this grim figure of a man, who had apparently once confided in her ... who, truthfully, was confiding in her still.

"Why?" she said, suddenly and not thinking. "Why would you have given the Sphere to him?"

OOC: @Smudge8 @TL01 NUVA @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Parnassus | Base of Irnakk's Tooth

Parnassus looked over to their right and saw Barius, the chief's eyes now closed and his chest rising and falling slowly in sleep. The Aspect did not feel fatigue as most people did, of course. The night was still wide open and full of wonders yet to be seen.

"Think on it, Corrivalis," Parnassus said, rising from their throne, the heavy shadows of the night clinging to their frame, wrapping around their form like long shawl. "Sleep on it, perhaps."

And in the darkness, it might have been possible to glimpse a smile on the Aspect's face. But, if it had been there, it was gone just as quickly as it appeared, and Parnassus slipped into the night like a spectre.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad

-Void

  • Like 2

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Metru Koro @Conway

Mazor sighed and looked to the ground. "I...I wanted freedom, everyone was teling me what to do. I wanted to make my own destiny. The only thing is..." he looked back at Irna. "I think he erased my past. I think that's why you don't remmember me."


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ulkarr (Metru-Koro, The Taku, The Bridge)

"I must implore you to reconsider. Your superiors will surely understand that the reallocation of this vessel is done in the service of the greater good, no?"

@BULiK@ZippyWharrgarbl

 

IC: Ostrox and Klawne (Metru-Koro, The Razorfish, Exterior)

Ostrox shared Zaliyah’s concern. Stranded with little-to-no support in a shantytown full of superpowered lunatics who refused their offer of peace and then got mad when they remembered that people die in war.

Thankfully, this reminder seemed to have introduced a sliver of reason into their minds, and thus they had to be kept alive to ensure that the inevitable ground invasion didn’t wipe them out completely.

Unfortunately, the universe wasn’t safe until every last Matoran, Toa and Turaga was either in chains or free of the dark one’s influence. Every second could very well be their last. The chance that Mata Nui might genuinely be dead was not a chance that could be afford to be taken.

But it was important to remain positive. The lesser evil would triumph over the greater. It had to. The consequences couldn’t bear consideration.

Klawne had completely spaced out. Presumably, she had missed the very interesting and politically flavoured conversation that had just happened.

@Nato the Traveler@Onaku@Smudge8

 

IC: NU-8020S, Reckless, Lawful, Obedient, Impressionable, Buggy and Wayward (Po-Koro Gates, Vahki Transport)

"Beginning evacuation procedures. Stand by." NU-8020S clambered back inside the Transport. There was the sound of the Vahki communicating in their ultrasonic tongue.

"You were all monitoring the conversation outside, correct?"

There was a resounding chorus of 'negative'. "Titan-class Rahi sighted. Requesting permission to engage."

"Permission denied. Our directive has changed. We must evacuate the settlement of its Matoran population."

"Preserving Matoran functions has always been our directive, has it not?"

"When it is beneficial to do so." NU-8020S turned towards the driver. "Take us forward."

"Understood." The Vahki Transport began scuttling toward Po-Koro.

"I have not interacted with Matoran since activation. This is troubling. Should we review social interaction protocol?"

"Initiating Pleasant Greeting 34." There was a sound akin to a dial-up tone. "Good morning! Lovely weather today! Step away from the vehicle or you will be destroyed! How has your day been?"

"Horrible. A question: do they make alcohol for robots?"

@Harvali@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Tarn@Onaku

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro, Navu’s Hut)

Navu heard her neighbour’s cries. She heard quite a lot of things. But from so far away, the words were jumbled, and the meaning was lost.

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Pipes Chamber)

"Yeah, join the club. We can - we can make t-shirts. With 'I Don’t Understand' written on him, big BOLD letters, ‘cause clearly we’re not getting anything useful out of the magic voice."

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

Gnabol had finally managed to get to sleep. Mazor might have been a nice guy, but that didn’t stop him from being terrifying. Living dead, and all that. The Skaklets however, despite one of them snoring like a petrol engine, he felt comfortable enough around to fall into a deep sleep. As opposed to a shallow sleep.

He dreamed of his old tribe. His friends, his family.

He dreamed of roasting Stone Rats over an open fire.

He dreamed of an orb of water floating in the sky, a procession of silhouette figures following it in the distance. He couldn’t make out who - or what - they were supposed to be.

He dreamed he was bleeding through every orifice in his body, the virus eating Mazor alive when he tried to stop it.

He dreamed of running. Running from fire, and from water, and from ice, and from the very earth itself. The elements being turned against him, hunting him, driving him to the very ends of the universe.

He dreamed of ripping off his skin and replacing it with someone else’s.

He dreamed that he was waking up.

  • Like 2

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Toa Arkius had remained by Kanohi's side for a time as he spoke with the Vahki, eventually reaching the conclusion that these Vahki weren't trustworthy based on the simple fact that he knew of no Vahki in Metru-Koro, and its following admission of having no knowledge of the settlement. He was about to say something when he noticed vehicles approaching from the desert, coughing and nudging Kanohi to alert him. When finally he could see those who piloted the vehicles, he himself was among the village walls, unseen from so far away, but knowing that those who approached were trustworthy. A group of people he had worked with prior to the universe's fall, and one whom he had felled a warlord alongside.

To his surprise, just thinking back on that time seemed to spark a mild migraine in him, and excusing him from the scene with the knowledge that Kanohi and the approaching allies could handle things in his absence, he retreated into the village, grasping his head. What he'd thought of as a mild migraine proved itself far more insidious, how ever, as it magnified in his skull, bringing him to gritting his teeth.

"Toa Arkius?" He heard from next to him, the voice belonging to a matoran of earth as he realised upon turning around to face them, one he recalled having seen a couple days prior among the populace, though he'd never spoken with her directly before. "Yes?" He responded, eyeing her with his singular eye curiously, a small distraction from his mounting headache, though it did not stop him from bringing a hand to his head in response to the pain.

The matoran looked concerned, looking the Toa over, who realised he was clearly broadcasting his pain with both his posture and expression. Though he attempted to rein it back, it turned out to be difficult when the pain was only worsening. "Are you alright? You look... ill."

Arkius gave a small chuckle along with a cocky smile, followed by a groan and his expression twisting with pain. "Just a headache... I might need to sit down for a moment."

The matoran nodded, gesturing to within a certain hut they'd both been standing near, and though he had a had time focusing through the splitting pain in his skull, Arkius made his way through the low doorway and took a seat, clutching his head with both hands. The matoran stood by, a worried expression on her features, as Arkius sunk his head down until his elbows were resting upon his knees and his face was turned down toward the floor, his expression a static one of great discomfort which he narrowly kept from twisting into one of great agony.

A picture flashed through his mind. Nale, firing her gun at the warlord. He'd been disappointed at the time. He'd seen how she'd responded to his disappointment. He regretted that. But that moment shot past, and he was back to his headache.

Another picture shot through his mind's eye, the great warlord Mantax being brought to his knees by the mechanical prototype enforcer he'd come to consider a brother in arms. He recalled feeling shame over not being the one to deliver the finishing blow, before that shame was supplanted by terror at the entire world starting to break apart.

The picture passed. But it was followed hot on the heels by another image. An image of himself, pushing himself to his limits to save his two compatriots... no, pushing himself past his limits. He remembered holding up the entire ceiling of the archives while the world around them shook apart and they retreated to the city surface, where they watched the world itself spin out of control.

He remembered how narrowly he'd managed to spare himself, Nale, Kilo, and a few Onu-Matoran stragglers from the fate the rest of the city suffered.

He remembered how he'd fought the world itself falling apart and lived.

He remembered Nale and him retreating from the ruins of the city as League Forces, better suited for surviving the apocalypse, surged with newfound vigor to take over the city. In spite of what he later found out was the destruction of three of its warlords and defection of one, the League had still conquered the city, having it been in ruins as it was.

He...

He heard the loud rain outside as he realized his migraine had finally passed over him, the white noise soothing to his recently addled mind. "T-Toa Arkius?!" He heard the panicked voice of the Onu-Matoran call out, and as he looked up, his ability to think had returned enough for him to recognise the strangeness of this sudden rain, the matoran standing in the doorway and looking out in worry.

Arkius stood up, his brow furrowed, and he took several strides, bowing down under the doorway before looking about, his massive frame pelted by the water. It was only as he turned around that he actually saw the great figure clouded by the storm, passing far off in the distance by the village of Po-Koro. As he stood there in shock, he could suddenly feel the great surge of water reach the village, more so through the deep underground tunnels-

The toa of earth's eyes suddenly widened with horrified realization.

"Jovan!"

@Harvali@pokemonlover360@Snelly@Tarn@Toru Nui

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

None of this made sense.

But nothing had made any sense for the past week of Irna's life, either. 

She placed her head in both of her hands, eyes shut. The buzzing in her head had turned to a pounding sensation, so loud she scarcely hear herself think. Mazor had been her friend. Mazor had helped kill a universe. Mazor had wiped her memory, even if he hadn't meant to. Mazor was trying to help those children.

"I...," she said, stammering, looking up at the man before her but unable to quite meet his gaze. "I need some time to think. But I can find a place for you and your companion ... and your children ... to stay in the village for the time being."

OOC: @Smudge8

-Void


 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

"Zaliyah?" Looking over, the toa hordika could see the bronze clad and grey robed toa approach the wreckage she sat near, Iradra's gaze hidden behind the expressionless bronze facade clearly moving about the battered site before coming to rest on the mutated Ce-Toa. "Thought I might find you here."

@Nato the Traveler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and Bode and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi flinched at the Vahki’s word of ‘evacuation,’ but quickly nodded. He let out a whimpering sign, his fingers drumming his armor anxiously. It … it was the right thing to do. The Vahki, maybe Nu only meant for them to evacuate temporarily, get to high ground, then return and rebuild. But between the Skakdi raid, the threat of another raid, and this horrible beast ruining the landscape, Po-Koro was not safe.

They might have to find a new home. The Fe-Matoran trembled in the storm. Maybe they could come back and salvage things, or maybe they could only scavenge the remains, the village too ruined to rebuild. M-maybe they would find refuge in Metru-Koro. But it was going to be attacked by the League.

Would they have to start over from zero again? Could they? Even if they scavenge the remains and carried them elsewhere, how could they rebuild the forge, the fields, the knowledge tower? 

He had failed this village even faster than Metru-Koro and Okoto.

Then Arkius spoke, and Kanohi’s optics widened under his mask. He had to focus on the here and now. The Matoran nodding frantically. “I … I hadn’t even, A-Arkius, c-can you try to save him? If possible, you c-can try to stabilize the ground while you are there, keep the village from collapsing.

Kanohi did not wait for an answer, hearing a cry from the village. Quickly he aimed his built-in Volo Lutu Launcher and fired, hurtling himself at the gate. He flew over the wall before hooking a house, flinging himself back into the air above the quaking ground. 

With a lunge he shot out his arm, wrenching a flailing Po-Matoran from the growing quagmire. The vigilante’s arm strained under the weight, Kanohi hadn’t been grappling as much lately, but he managed to hold on. 

With a tumble they landed on a stone hut, which immediately began to crumble. Kanohi’s heartlight pounded as he drew his Kiril Staff, tapping it against the hut. The crude shelter strengthened, at least for the moment.

Below Collector waded through the growing quagmire on their long legs, brandishing their Kanoka Blade. A smile was on their lips, like a Muaka spying an elderly sick Kane-Ra. As they approached a crumbling patch of ground they stabbed their Kanoka Blade into the mud, freezing it solid. They nodded and shoved through the flood of mud, using their ‘element’ to stabilize the earth lives. 

Kanohi panted on the hut, his arm aching from the strain. As he looked about he spied the Knowledge Tower, it’s crystalline walls up scratched by the rain, and fairly far from the crumbling tunnel. Mustering his strength he squeaked out a shout, “head to the Knowledge Tower, it’s withstanding the storm.

Then he dropped to his knees, saying, “climb on.” The Po-Matoran nodded and clung to the vigilante’s chest, who grappled away. Kanohi hurtled through the air, before latching his Volo Lutu Launcher to a relatively flare part of the roof of the crystal.

He leaned over, letting the Matoran of Stone climb off, before grappling down. As he landed on a hut he tumbled, still out of practice. He hooked his launchers to stop his careening, before scanning the reaches of the village, looking for more needing help.

Then Kanohi launched away, passing over Collector as the Vortixx froze more of the ground. While Collector shoved aside the flood they spotted flailing. They leaned over and scooped up a drowning Matoran, lifting her onto their shoulders. They smiled a massive grin at her, before continuing to wade, blade at the ready. 

Kanohi meanwhile scooped up a Le-Matoran onto his back, before grappling away. As he hurled and flung across the village, they passed over the field. Kanohi passed overhead without stopping, he had to return to the tower, and in the flood of mud, the gray of a Matoran of Sonics was all but invisible.

Bode fell to his knees in the mud, clutching at his head. His mind was flooded with screams and pounded by thunder and rain, the raw sensory power of a De-Matoran overwhelmed him. He struggled to speak, shouting both mentally and verbally, “Ulkarr, please, it’s … it’s too much. The screaming is too much.” 

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:


“Well, you found me following the trail of corpses I left behind, so you know a little of what I am capable of already.  But if those poor sods were any indication of what the bottom of society looks like on this Zakaz, then it would appear you are already in the hierarchy’s top tier and quite wealthy enough to convince or hire people to join your cause- as you’ve already done.”

“Unfortunately I don’t know what exactly your cause is. So in regards to what I can do for you, without some more specifics, I’m afraid my answer may cover the entire spectrum from ‘plenty’ to ‘very little’.”

The warlord thought of more things to say, but decided to wait for Yumiwak's reply first. There was little point in explaining that she herself had held very little faith in Mata Nui as a god in the first place. Or that she had not the slightest clue why the head had fallen, except for belonging to an extremely decrepit body.

Obviously Yumiwak wanted power of some kind, but this wasn’t so much about the end-goal but the means of how to achieve it. She was willing to fight, but if the Skakdi princess was going to start a war or seek to dominate all life on her island, that would go far beyond the scope of Zataka’s offer of assistance - what good was being owed a favor if you might not be alive to collect it. At the same time, Zataka knew the Skakdi weren’t fools. They knew she had a desire to go back and they would ask for as much as they could get in return, probably much more than a simple airlift back to the fallen head was actually worth. But that was business.So be it.  She could do business.


IC: [Takadox - Ruins of Fire]


The warlord was slowly piecing things together in his mind, which as racing at this point - these aspects were ancient, and some more than others. The heartlights were a way for a lesser being to ascend - while apparently helping the one offering that boon a boost in power in turn - towards this grand wish. And if each aspect had one - what wish did an elder aspect like Spiriah aspire to...and more importantly: How close were they to achieving it?

 

IC [Coliseum]:

The group of assassin’s turned guests of the Coliseum were not left alone in the lounge for long. Shortly after the receptionist Vortixx left, the door slid open once more, and a Vahki stepped in. At first glance it looked like a Keerahkh but the configuration didn’t quite match. A Kanohi was dangling from a chain around its neck and it was carrying a rucksack of sorts. It’s head swiveled, scanning the occupants of the room. Then, having identified the ones that were most injured it moved decisively into the middle of the room.

“You are in need of medical assistance.”

It’s tone was neutral, to the point where it might have been a statement or a question.

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire


The administrator made a noise...it sounded digital, distorted...was that a chuckle?


“Now that is a very good question. What end indeed? So many variables to consider! Even the wisest could not foretell all - which is why they left  these places behind.”

 

OOC: Sorry, no tags today, short on time.

  • Like 2

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Thanks @Kal the Guardian and @Nato the Traveler for your patience! Work has been very busy and I wanted to make sure I got this right.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamps, Giant Sword

Rahi with long plumage flew from their roosts, flapping away into the open sky at the sounds of weapons fire. The blasts from Viltia’s weapon carved chunks off the horde of bodies assaulting her and Sidra. Whatever kind of enemy she faced seemed to be unable to register the pain of an open wound. She couldn’t even be sure the enemy she faced was a them or an it. All Viltia knew was her leg burned from where the hand grabbed her.

The host of the dead shifted form, pressing bodies and making bodies en masse. As if instead of trying a new wardrobe the host tried an entirely new group of beings. Wherever the bodies touched the earth, death came to the plants and the microorganisms in the dirt. With each death the mass of bodies seemed to swell in form, bulging, contorting, and reforming to accommodate new mass. The spindling veins of silver protorderms sprouted from the bodies, connecting them all and reaching out like tiny filaments to latch onto something new -- something alive!

What could two refugees from a fallen world do to fight back against the ever-enclosing ring?

“Join me,” came a voice to answer Sidra’s question. A cold fear came with the words. She’d heard the words before, but never in so strange a time. Sensing the ripples in the waters and feeling the weight landing on the ground, the crawling and running and wailing dead rushed Viltia’s kahu even as her pet tried to protect her. 

“Wish me,” came a new voice, discordant and from the mass of mouths that chattered in their connected web of physicality. It sounds different, but familiar. Someone she’d met long ago in her travels, perhaps? Or someone she saw last week on the streets of Metru-Nui? She couldn’t place it.

“Stars,” came a third voice, hungry and malign with predatory intent. “Give me life.”

It was not a question. The mass of bodies entwined in silver veins of protodermis continued their hungry assault, hands and arms flailing sightless and desperate towards the duo from Le-Metru Nuva.

“Let me fix…”

  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra – Fau Swamp (Giant Sword)

“Join me. Wish me. Stars. Give me life. Let me fix.”

Different voices, different inflections, but undeniably familiar.

"I am going where you would take me. I will allow you to join me."

Othorak, who had refused to die even when she’d carved away a chunk of his skull.  Othorak, whose actions had brought flaming corpses swarming through the streets of Ta-Metru, spilling like a grisly slick from the wreckage of the stricken airship. Othorak, who’d vanished like a wraith just as swiftly as these monsters had suddenly appeared.

She felt certain that the force behind these undead and the ones she’d faced before was the same entity. No matter how far or how fast she fled into this strange new world, her past continued to pursue her.

She watched as the creatures shrugged off Viltia’s shots, shambling forth no matter where they were struck. Everything they touched seemed to crumble and decay, while the interconnected corpses only grew in size and strength, as if they were feeding off the life energy of what they destroyed.

“Fix this!” Sidra loosed the rhotuka she’d been charging, aiming for the silver filaments that connected one of the outermost creatures. She hoped that severing the cords might disconnect the corpses from the force controlling them, returning them to death, but even if that worked, she and didn’t have the time or firepower to do the same to all of them before they were overwhelmed.

“We need to get out of here!” she called to Viltia, “We can’t take these things on.”

@Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...