Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Recommended Posts

IC Katrin Nuva - Hospital:

Much of Kat's swelling had been reduced, and her bones had been set, the respective parts of her body set in either bandages or casts. She had a new mask on, but she didn't yet know what. the bruising had mostly been fixed. the world still swam from time to time and she looked and felt weak as she lay in her bed.

 

But through it all, she offered a friendly smile to Knichou and Nale, "Hey guys! Oh, and Arkius! How're you holding up?"

@Onaku @Tarn @BULiK

  • Like 1

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

Jutori slowly turned his head and adjusted his optics to view the trio of Toa that had arrived. He first focused on the one in the red Kakama (although it looked to be mixed with another design entirely). "Kn...Knichou?" 

The Toa of Gravity sat up slightly, obviously still recovering from his concussion. He glanced at Nale, sort-of recognizing her. "Been a minute," he said. "Thanks for coming by, I guess. Arkius...how are you holding up?" 

@BULiK@Onaku@The UltimoScorp

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

"Let's crack open the armory."

@Snelly

Edited by Tarn
Knichou still has the MoC on and it's blended with his actual mask lol
  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Void Emissary said:

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"You'll go undesecrated by me for now, cousin," they said, grinning like a warskak. "But I hold the key to what you desire, nonetheless."  For they held in their hand a thing of beauty, born of the King of Fort Nektann and the Aspect of Boundless Horizons. A Kraata. 

"You're an uncle, Caedast."

IC Stannis | The Ambling Alp

An uncle? Caedast thought, standing in the hold of the ship with a blank look on her face. Or was it 'his?' Gender had always seemed to be a thing Caedast referred to as an outside element, something used to describe people and things around her—brother, sister, 'there she goes,' 'clever girl,' 'he's an cool dude'—and not really something prescribed to herself. Other Aspects were amorphous and agendered—cousin, sibling, other, spirit—and consequently there was hardly any introspection on whether Caedast possessed a gendered identity. Caedast was a wish, a primal desire, who's existence defied natural laws and physical presence. Over the eons Caedast had picked up on some small measure of discourse made by philosophers and scientists in Ga-Metru who argued that gender was as much a construct as appearance and currency, and the value was intrinsic to the person. Whereas this could have been a good point for Caedast to define themself as male, as the spirit was in possession of Stannis' body and was observed as a male being, it became somewhat muddled by the fact that Caedast was a nurturing entity, an observable trait oftentimes gender-coded as 'feminine,' and the spirit had simply let that idea roll whether it was a valid argument or not. 

For the most part, Caedast didn't care what people referred to them as. They knew what they were, and they transcended the gender construct. Though if hard pressed to provide an answer in a polarizing world Caedast would say they were more feminine, despite possessing a man's body and being called a 'brother' for eons. She considered it a price associated with the ownership of the illustrious hero's mortal coil, but it never really sat quite right for the spirit. It was almost as alien as the concept of a real familiar bond with another being, let alone their kraata. 

"If we are cousins and this is your progeny, why... that makes it also my cousin," Stannis remarked candidly in jest, sounding affable but flat in tone. He was bemused by the antic, at least. "Our bargain still remains, but now you have a downpayment. Use this resource wisely and well, Parnassus. 

"I have a quest to embark upon." He then spoke, open and freely in the presence of Pain and Oreius, of his mission to the Far Shore. He expressed his intention to discern the nature of the other realm of existence, his oath to Leklo, and his dedication to figuring out what Korruhn's fate and abilities were. The last part—Korruhn—would particularly have piqued Parnassus' attention. "He is no Aspect of Makuta, but he is what is called void-touched. If Miserix is now in possession of someone like that, I must come to understand what the affliction's nature is. Knowledge is a weapon, but only if I have it.

"While I am gone, you may find some company in this village. They are Builders, Matoran, and they have come from the Ark with me. They are skittish and war-ravaged, but honest and eager. You will be safe here among them, so long as they do not see you as a threat. My castellan, if you will, is Korrun's friend, the toa Leklo. He is an honest and true warrior but he does not know what I truly am. Not yet.

"If you have anything more to speak with me before I go, now is the time. Miserix does not wait for anyone, nor does Spiriah, and while there is infinite time we have little of it."

  • Like 4

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xaril - Throne Room

Nodding in acknowledgement, Xaril departed from the throne room and took off through the nearest open window, soaring out over the city to join the throng of airships and cargo haulers moving out to begin the relocation process. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula 

Time passed, and shadows grew, and still Whisper continued on her journey. 

It felt strange, returning to her birthplace after her time spent away. She was a very different being now to what she'd once been. Likewise, the Islets seemed a very different place since she'd last visited. The power of change had befallen them both.

But, at long last, something familiar slowly came into view: the stark silhouette of the caldera from which she'd crawled forth so many years past. 

 

OOC: Xaril is off doing supervisory things until he's next needed, Whisper is approaching the antidermis caldera. 

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kilo-M9 NUVA - Kini-Nui:

Acknowledged,” the machine responded to its fellow NUVA, parking its own mech in a similar position. Remembering that their powers couldn’t extend outside the cockpits of their respective ACRs, the two allies exited their vehicles and turned to one another. Atamai focused his still-drained abilities, extending his iron element with the mechanical enforcer.

Power transfer activated. Iron ability operational. Rerouting elemental energy to new ability.

On the shoulder of Patiwairutiki the mechanical enforcer looked down at the shackles near Malhukuraia’s limbs. “Close Shackles,” it said willing the bindings to fuse over the kaita ACR. Turning to Patiwairutiki, it said “Form shackles.” Identical restraints emerged from the floor leaving both titanic mechs bound. With the task complete, both allies turned once more to each other.

This unit should check the status of Allies Jutori, Kat, and Arkius,” the machine said, increasing the volume of its voice to be heard over the winds howling around their elevated perches. “Ally Atamai should also visit.”

 OOC: @~Xemnas~

IC Ysocla - Irnakk's Tooth:

Zataka.

Hey, Zataka.

Zataka.

Can you hear me Zataka? It’s me, Ysocla.

The Vo-skakdi had emerged next to the hostile mesi, just as planned. Her blade had found blood, though her now-injured opponent was not quite down for the count. Even as the Onu-mesi was falling over the other two active mesi were combining their powers. She had half a mind to step over her fallen opponent and take her blade to the other two, but there was too much risk of being attacked from behind. Besides, leaving a wounded opponent to bleed out wasn’t honorable at all. Instead, she focused her thoughts into a clear message.

Zataka, there’s two mesi currently using their elements. I’m behind the rear barrier near them with a third mesi between them and me. If you can, a well-aimed blast from you should cause them a great deal of trouble. I don’t know if you can see through my eyes or anything, but if you look at the holes you made in the barriers before and aim down and slightly right, you should be able to tag at least one of them. I’ll take care of the third one while you do that. If Korio’s in the way, give him a warning.

The mesi of earth was now reeling on the floor, their arms blindly trying to ward off future blows. As she prepared to bring her sword down on the injured mesi, Ysocla pondered to herself about the nature of enhanced senses. She had been told all about Mesi having good hearing, but how did they deal with things that made little noise? The sword came down around the arms of her opponent, aiming lower down her neck. Would they be able to sense this attack coming despite the lack of noise? What other sensations did they feel that would allow them to detect this movement? Or would they just die, flailing in the dark as their life came to an end? Ysocla couldn’t say, but she’d try to give them a swift end nonetheless.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend@Tarn

  • Like 3

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Keitara (Uh oh)

(Recommended listening: Deadly Flourish by Ghost Data.)

Kei was immediately on guard. Her lance weighed heavy in her hand, and she slung her shield from her shoulder. Focusing herself, she bent light in a cocoon around the three, hiding them from view. It was a moment's thought to dampen her miniature sun to better disguise their movements.

Sunset crimson glinting off of her toa tool's blade, she looked to Irna and Tekmo. "Both of you stay close. The bubble's not as big as I'd like."

(ooc: @Void Emissary
 @Toru Nui

  • Like 2

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

My Six Kingdoms character

My SKR fan art topic!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Onaku - Kini-Koro Hospital

Arkius Onaku grunted as he stood up from the bed, his bruises still sore, making any movement painful. Wincing but toughening it up, he followed Knichou and Nale out of the hospital room, rounding the corner with them into the room Kat and Jutori were being tended to inside.

"I'm... holding up." He responded to Kat and Jutori's near identical questions, rubbing the back of his sore neck while pondering his next words, before sighing finally. "This may sound weird, but... I've decided to change my name from Arkius. I'll be going by Onaku from here on."

@The UltimoScorp@Tarn@BULiK

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui)

She listened to the last of the conversation between Ostrox and Sidra, though she hardly felt worth it to interject to any degree as the NUVA's suggestion of trade was ridiculous, as what could Kini-Koro possibly offer in exchange for the sphere, let alone something they weren't already to offer. At last with the conversation reaching its end, Vulimai nearly stepped away completely, by Ostrox' caught her attention.

Nodding her head in the direction he pointed, Vulimai confirmed to him that was Stannis' ship. Vulimai though didn't spare anymore time as she made her way towards the Kini-Nui temple, passing the two guards who stood there, the both of them stiffening in posture as she passed. Crossing the bridge, she reached the odd machine and the spectral Matoran who stood in front of it.

Laying her hardened and tired gaze onto Nuju, she spoke crossing her arms. "Nuju...What do you know about the Krom Sphere?"

OOC: @Eyru @Vezok's Friend

IC: Tihun (Metru-Nui, Submerged Archives)

Junk, JUNK, JUNK! That was all he had found over the past month. True, he found a few minor trinkets and baubles, a few spare disks, a couple of Kanohi of varying degrees, he even found the half-functional remains of a Hagah Plasma Cannon. But that was IT! Nothing he had found was anything of noteworthy significance and it infuriated him.

He had worked for decades, Karz-Forsaken DECADES! to reach a point of significance back on Xia, and even if he was still treated only slightly above Muaka dung by his female peers, he was at least above the standard laborer-caste. But NOW! He had been relegated to menial work, sitting in the cramped confines of an accursed Matoran submarine, several bios underwater, forced to explore through the submerged tunnels of the Archives for something to finally give him a chance to rise up from the bottom.

He had been exploring this particular stretch of tunnel for over an hour now, taking one of the large bore holes that led into the Archives and had taken a side-tunnel about thirty minutes ago, with him following this twisting tunnel with the lights of the Hydruka lighting up his path. Thankfully, he had yet to encounter any resistance from anything of note. Reaching another turn-off, he debated which way to go, till a crackle of noise came from the radio belt into his suit, and though the transmission could barely get through, he was able to make out enough of it to get the gist.

They were evacuating.

"Karz KARZ KARZ! This can't be karzing happening! I haven't even accomplished anything yet!" Tihun cried out in frustration, his suited hand pounding onto the console away from the main controls, he was angry not stupid. Taking a moment to breath several deep breaths, he eventually calmed down enough to think, his mind settling on an idea. "I'm not leaving till I find SOMETHIING! of value."

And so, he continued down the tunnel he was in, hoping beyond hope he would be able to find what he needed to become recognized.

OOC: @Eyru Huh? Yet another Vortixx scavenger.

Edited by Sparticus147
Added Tihun
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Sanso - Just outside the Taku, on its landing pad

While Kantai stayed on the ground level, Sanso took the elevator up to the Taku's landing pad. He couldn't help but marvel at the thing as he got closer. He had seen airships in his time, but the fact that one survived the Impact and was kitted out with weaponry and seemingly functional propulsion... The crew must have seen a lot, and have a lot to tell.

OOC: Fixed description of Sanso's location to just outside the Taku on its landing pad. Taku crew feel free to interact!

Edited by NorikSigma
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

Void-touched ... that must have been what Korruhn was talking about all those weeks ago. Slipping their child into the folds of their cloak, Parnassus nodded at their cousin's words.

"Guess I'll stick around here then," the Aspect said, sparing a glance over to the warrior Oreius. "Best of luck in there, cousin. Don't do anything I wouldn't."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Eyru

-Void

  • Like 1

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Stannis | The Ambling Alp

{Once-Brother.}

{Parnassus is like me.}

{But I am not like Parnassus.}

{He is not cruel, but he is vainglorious. He is not kind, but he is generous. Watch him and be watched in turn. He can read minds, so mind your mind.}

{Trust him as you would trust me...}

"I wouldn't dream of it," he said with a grin to their cousin. He prepared to disembark from the airship, lowering the ramp and shrouding his face with his ashen sack-cloth cloak once more, and waved an au revoir to his two companions as though he was merely going to stretch his legs landside rather than venture into another realm of existence entirely.

{... Don't.}

He made his way down the hill to the temple and the portal at its center.

 

IC Leklo | The Ambling Alp

The affably dedicated but increasingly confounded Nuva Proxima appeared as if by magic, watching the sage traveler amble away from his craft. Leklo lingered agog and aghast as he observed the countless ghosts of those slain by the pacifist wizard's hand swarm like a tidal wave in his wake. 

 

  • Like 3

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hospital

Knichou looked Jutori in the eye and gave the Toa a quick nod after being mentioned. He watched the two of them react to Onaku's revelation, but kept in his relaxed pose, mind clearly elsewhere.

So much uncertainty, foolishness, and lies... it was good to have Nale by his side again. He wasn't sure what he would do if he didn't have her to rely on, to keep him calm and focused. Something about her millennia of Toa experience was so reassuring to the rookie Toa that Knichou had unexpectedly become nearly a month and a half ago. The engineer had some types of wisdom ("What one Ghost can do in one month, two Ghosts can do in two months" and so on), but not her wisdom, and that kept him wishing for more.

Well, that was one factor, at the very least.

11 hours ago, NorikSigma said:

IC: Sanso - Just outside the Taku, on its landing pad

While Kantai stayed on the ground level, Sanso took the elevator up to the Taku's landing pad. He couldn't help but marvel at the thing as he got closer. He had seen airships in his time, but the fact that one survived the Impact and was kitted out with weaponry and seemingly functional propulsion... The crew must have seen a lot, and have a lot to tell.

OOC: Fixed description of Sanso's location to just outside the Taku on its landing pad. Taku crew feel free to interact!

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Koro Airdock, The Taku

"Maybe we should wait for Knichou to get back before we open the armory again..." Arnex stammered nervously. She walked down the boarding ramp and looked to the elevator as she heard it's soft rumble. "Maybe that's hi- nope..."

She waved to the new Toa with a shout

"Hey! Who are you?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi - Tobruk-Koro

Kanohi bowed, “Very well. Would one of you mind radioing Kini-Koro to ask if Toa Vashni is available? Or someone who owns and can access the powers of a Rode?

He then paused and said, “Councilor Ulkarr, I … have you ever heard of an Ark? The Administrator mentioned it, when we walked in on Whisper’s conversation with it. I believe the Admin claimed that some people from this island left aboard it ages ago. I asked Toa Stannis if that’s what … the head was meant to be,” he gestured to the blip on the horizon where Mata-Nui’s skull lay, “and if my people had once been from this land, and abandoned it. He only answered that it was a theory.

But if he had connections to the Aspects, and the Aspects only spawn in the island to the far south, then either he has forgotten, or he knew more than he said. 

OOC: @Toru Nui

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Arnex was already shooting down going into the armory. Skyra was going to try and convince her, but then a new person had appeared! It was another Toa of Air in fact, oddly enough Skyra didn't run into a lot of them, despite supposedly being quite the common element for a Toa. 

Skyra slid down the boarding ramp to greet the newcomer. She did this for two reasons. One, she was bored and talking to new people could be exciting. Two, just in case they were less than friendly, she'd be right there in case she needed to do some punching and whatnot. 

"Yo what's up?" 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jutori - Kini-Koro Hospital

"Oh." It certainly made more sense to go by a new name when there was a dopplegänger of you running around and besmirching it, the Toa of Gravity thought. "Good name," Jutori said. "You're like a new man, or something. Uh...sorry we let the other guy get away."

IC: Nale Vella - Kini-Koro Hospital

New man, yes. Something like that. Nale looked over at Onaku, wondering how the Toa felt. He'd cut ties with his old identity (or at least, was trying to). Did he feel responsible for their conditions, even if it was his "counterpart" that had done it?

She turned to the injured pair. Kat was in good spirits, like always, and Nale wanted to keep that going. "I'm glad you're both doing well, despite what happened. Think you'll be going on any more adventures when you get out of here?"


@BULiK@Onaku

IC: Rose (MC) - The Taku

Rose rolled her optics. That armory would get opened one way or another. She was beginning to get even more impatient over it, with bossman busy again. The large Toa of Fire followed after her other half to meet with the new arrival. Were they interested in a job, too?

"Hi, guy."

@Snelly@NorikSigma


 

  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sanso and Kantai

Kantai would have followed Sanso up, but he was presently occupied by the arrival of another person. Judging by Gnabol and Padley's reactions, they knew him, and hated him.

He sought to defuse the situation immediately.

"No, I'm just here to look at the airship. My friend just went up the elevator. I think he's looking to join up, so that would be where the, well, line is," he said.

"I'm going up to see what's going on, wanna come?" Kantai finished, shooting quick glance at Gnabol. He was hopping to take this stranger off his hands with the offer.

 

Meanwhile, Sanso was greeted by no less than three of the crew once he got on the landing pad.

Either they've got good ears or I must have tripped some alarm.

"Hello! I'm Sanso, chronicler and remembrancer of the D-" he stopped himself. There was no more Dawn Society to be a remembrancer of, honestly.

"Well, just a traveller. I see you've gotten yourselves an airship. You wouldn't happen to have open spots, would you?"

OOC: @BULiK @Snelly @Tarn @Toru Nui

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Katrin Nuva - Hospital:

"I like it!" Kat agreed. "Onaku. Oh hey, maybe we should hold a Naming Day ceremony for you!"  The Toa of Fire made to sit up energetically, but winced as her body reminded her in no uncertain terms that she was in no condition to be moving around just yet, and she gingerly laid back once more.

"I hope to be up and movin' again soon, but the docs said I might have to be here for a while." She grimaced, "Sure don't like just waitin' around though. I should be out there. using my new power to help folks, y'know?"

@Onaku @BULiK @Tarn

  • Like 2

 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Relic Fields

The untethered shambled slowly up the stairs, eying each step carefully before it moved. It moaned again. The sound traveled up the stairs and into the office. Niidak realized it was getting closer.

 

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Suva of Water

Holding up a handful of glowing algae, Drokk moved into the water. The pool quickly grew deeper as she approached the dome-like structure that sat in the center of the grotto, the seawater lapping gently against its surface. By the time she got close enough to reach out and touch it, the water was lapping at her chin. As she touched it, the elderly skakdi realized the suva actually floated in the water. It was not a dome, but a giant metallic sphere that rose and fell with the tide. It was too big and heavy to actually move anywhere, but it could be rotated with a little effort. One side of the suva was covered in the bioluminescent algae, while the other was bare. This made it appear to have a light and a dark side, although the metal underneath the glowing plant life appeared identical.

 

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | Cliffside Temple

Whira and Cravious looked more closely at the suit of armor, but it produced no further movements or signs. Cravious's query did not receive a reply. A long moment passed. Perhaps they were just going mad?

Should either of them turn away from the suit of armor to look up at the room again, they would see they were not alone. Each darkened doorway that went forth from the room like the spoke of a wheel was now filled by a rahkshi. There were six of them, one for each doorway. They watched the intruders silently. Their armor was sleek and shiny, and each creature bore a different color to mark its particular power. Their spines, too, differed according to their type, as did their staves. But all had in common a menacing aura. Their cold eyes and cruel claws suggested the brutality of which they were capable. That they had not immediately attacked was proof enough that they did the bidding of their master—left to their own devices, rahkshi are fiercely territorial, and will slaughter anything that enter their domain.

But these six did not attack. They stood quietly, as if waiting for a sign. Then one took a single step forward from its doorway. Its armor was black as pitch, and its silver spines were covered with jagged bumps. The room seemed to grow colder and emptier as it moved inside, as if it drank energy from the very air. It planted its staff on the ground with a thud that filled the room, and it spoke.

"Welcome," it said. It did not speak in the hissing cry of a rahkshi. It spoke with a deep, dry voice, like the voice of an empty well. "It has been a long time since guests were received in the halls of Icarax."

 

 

IC: Reliable Narrator

Nektann wanders, adrift in an ocean of grief. He does not know why he mourns. He does not remember what he has lost. All he knows is that he has lost something. Something precious and gone forever, like the flame of an extinguished candle. Loss is all he knows, and he cannot escape it. It surrounds him and follows him and dwells within him. It is a void that cannot be filled.

Where do dead things go? Is it the same place we go when we fall asleep? He does not have the words to ask these questions, but the questions themselves exist in his spirit, gnawing at the edges of his brain. They taunt him. A sudden burst of fury causes the surrounding rains to intensify, and he stomps a nearby hill into rubble. The violence is cathartic, but it does not answer his questions. The storm grows stronger as he continues southward. Where are the trees? The earth is brown and dead. He opens his mouth to weep, but can only bellow. His mournful cry echoes over the island like the sounding of a vast horn.

Unbidden, a fragment of a memory from another life drifts through his mind. Sun-dappled leaves. A cool wind in his face. The smell of roses.

lost

gone

for 

ev

er

...

The sky darkens over Kini-Nui. The clouds threaten rain.

  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"I'm Skyra Daring, slayer of warlords and #####." Skyra was good at introductions. "I have no idea about open spots, have to ask bossman when he gets back from his visit to the hospital or whatever he's doing." 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma

  • Like 3


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Miserix | Kumu Peninsula

Miserix stood on shaky legs. She staggered her form uneasily towards Korruhn, one eery jolting step at a time. They met a few paces from the rahkshi’s broken and scavenged armor. Its pilot, a small and dying kraata, struggled to escape her. She held it outwards, pointed towards Korruhn like a weapon. She knew there were shortcomings on both sides. Korruhn demanded justice and satisfaction. The small being she held outstretched from her wanted freedom. Neither would get what they wanted.

But she would raise them all the same.

“You must worship me,” Miserix said through Grime. Korruhn could feel her antidermis miasma swimming through the air around his own body now. “You must give yourself freely, as this poor little star does. They will save your life. It is only fair.”

And then she placed the kraata onto Korruhn with the strength of all her years and hidden power. She placed it where it would be most happy: upon his back, with a view of the stars. It bit deep into him, and drank its fill.

“Hello,” she began…

… and then it was done.

“Go,” Miserix whispered in Korruhn’s mind as Grime’s body slumped against his back. “Go and bring the broken Builder. Tell them he walked the path. They will understand. You must not reveal me, or all is lost. But know this: we must hope the one who lingers beyond is not yet who you think. Guard your heart closely. It will be your greatest weakness. If you do not, you will be bound to them in body and soul. Do not make idle wishes. Speak when spoken to, and be polite. You have just killed one of their children."

OOC: @Crimson Jester

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

The sky darkened, heralding the tahtorak of loss and sadness. Stannis knew the feeling, in a way—he knew the grief, the aimlessness and suffering Nektann felt in his soul at an anointed bond shattered. Trauma was excruciating and it caused people to do unfathomable things, and bonds born of trauma were devastating when they were broken at last. Stannis hoped the kraata Parnassus had made was not detectable by the wandering monster, but he would not stay to test the theory in either case. There was no reason to linger, Stannis—powerful and vast though he was—would have little effect on the riteborn kaiju. The NUVA and the Kaita existed for that reason, after all. His mission was against the spirits of destruction and rebirth, his qualifications and powers were specialized for the esoteric and arcane. Some fish were too big for one Aspect to fry.

He walked for the portal. Vulimai was already there, speaking with Nuju. "Nuju...What do you know about the Krom Sphere?" And the little matoran seer was there in his strange way, standing on the other side of the portal and flickering like a reflection in a pond's surface. 

"Vulimai, a tahtorak is approaching your village," Stannis announced as he walked up without fanfare. "You'd best rally your forces and organize your NUVA warriors. You'll need their powers if Kini-Koro is to survive. I wish you the best. 

Without pause, he addressed the seer. "Nuju, I presume? Toa Korruhn sends his regards."

 

@Eyru @Unreliable Narrator @Sparticus147

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Koro Airdock, The Taku

Arnex's eyes widened at Skyra's remark. The Toa of air could handle this, she decided.

"I'll... check with the commander," she said before walking back up the cargo ramp to the nearest communications station. She requested for Berys to route her through a secure line to Knichou, which the pilot promptly did, opening an encrypted call over Knichou's personal frequency.

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hospital

Knichou half-listened to the conversation that ensued as he heard a ringing inside his Kanohi. A notification on his HUD confirmed that he was being hailed by Berys. The Toa patched Berys in, accepting the call with the press of a button on his forearm. As Arnex spoke, he frantically typed, the fingers of his right hand dancing over buttons that appeared on the surface of his left gauntlet.

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Koro Airdock, The Taku

"Commander, there's a Le-Toa here, he says he's a chronicler and wants to join us," the Onu-Matoran quietly transmitted.

cnt talk. busy. The words scrolled across the miniature display of the station.

"Oh, yes sir, what do you want me to do?"

lik a reportr?

"No... he's carrying..."

Arnex glanced back at the Toa to get a better look.

"... Instruments or something."

The screen was blank for a few seconds before Knichou's next text finally scrolled across the display. Arnex blinked.

"One minute, commander."

Arnex turned and shouted down to the newcomer.

"Chronicler! The boss wants to know if you know how to play any good songs for uh, date night?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"Oh, hello. You must be Vulimai. I'm Nuju, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hear you're the leader of the village beyond the temple. Say, have I seen you somewhere before? You look familiar." Nuju screwed up his eyes in concentration. Then he gave up with a shrug and a noncommittal whistle of failure. "You asked about a Krom Sphere. I'm--"

Caedast interrupted. 

"Oh hello, you're a sight for old eyes. I thought your last mission took you to the Southern Continent? And now you're here, impressive." Nuju paused, sitting down on the steps of the rift and crossing his legs in casual comfort. "How do you know Korruhn? It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Stannis. Care for a little adventure to save reality and time itself?"

OOC: @Sparticus147, @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

"As a matter of fact, I do. What is there to say? I'm the Wanderer and I go where the story takes me... and when the story takes me.

 

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui Temple)

Just as Nuju was about to answer her question, he was interrupted by the sudden arrival of Stannis who Vulimai looked at with a curious optic, before brief fear and concern washed over them as he spoke.

"Vulimai, a tahtorak is approaching your village.

"BRAKAS! I'll be back for you Nuju," She said pointing a finger at them before turning towards Stannis, "And Toa Stannis, both me and Ostrox have questions for you, but that'll be later as well." And like that, she was already off at a full tilt, her armor sensing the fearful adrenaline rushing through her body as it adaptive to best maximize and enhance her speed as she made for one of the open bunkers where Kilo and Atamai had entered.

But as she ran, she called out to the Kini-Koro radio, informing the operator that the village needs to be lockdown and readied for severe flooding, her deliberately opting to not share the source of this accursed rain. With that already underway as the villagers worked to minimize whatever harm the rains may bring, she then called Knichou.

"Knichou! It's here, the Tahtorak is near Kini-Koro! I need you sky bound to pin down its local, I'm already on my way to inform Toa Atamai and Kilo NUVA! Over and out!"

And with that final message sent, she at last reached the bunker, skidding to an abrupt stop as she shouted towards the two NUVA's and their mech. "TAHTORAK INBOUND!"

OOC: @BULiK @~Xemnas~ @EmperorWhenua @Unreliable Narrator @pokemonlover360

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Kini-Nui

Sidra heard Vulimai's cry. She saw the sky darken with rain-laden clouds. You've got to be karzing kidding me...

"Wait! Stand down!" She called out, forcing her tired body to follow the Matoran towards the mechs. "I think this is Nektann! I've had a run-in with him before, I can try to send him away without needing to turn this place into a warzone."

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nuju | Kini-Nui

"Sounds like rain," Nuju commented as Vulimai ran off. He waited for a bit as Stannis stood there in similar silence. They both understood the power of words, and chose them carefully. 

At last Nuju answered; "perhaps you'll be back before the rain stops. Maybe you'll find what I'm looking for: a makoki stone that will reveal the path to Tren Krom. It wasn't always a cycle, you know."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Knichou, Kini-Koro Hospital

There was a buzzing in Knichou's audio receptor as his armor notified him of Vulimai attempting to interrupt his call. He rejected the village leader's call with a gesture from his optics - he didn't need to hear her bickering any more today. Plus, he was already on a call with Arnex, he really wanted to know what he would have to work with later that night.

Vulimai would hear a robotic voice give her the proper instructions on how to leave a message after the beep.

IC: Taku Crew, Kini-Koro Airdock, The Taku, Bridge

Berys, whose workday had practically become listening in on any and all unencrypted transmissions, heard some sort of flood warning over the radio. He looked out and saw the dark clouds that were approaching, but didn't pay it much mind.

A few minutes later, however, the Le-Matoran received a frantic call from Knichou telling him to lift off and go to the hospital. A few moments later, his voice resounded throughout the airship's intercom.

"General quarters, general quarters! All hands man battle stations! Not drill! Not drill!"

The Le-matoran warmed up the engines and frantically began to double check his systems while he awaited confirmation of further orders.

Arnex, hearing the alert and the Taku's engines revving up, waved for everyone to get back on the ship. The call with Knichou could wait.

"If you want in, get in, we're probably going up. Looks like you'll get to open that armory after all..."

Edited by BULiK
Taku retconned back into reality
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

"Ah!" It seemed it was finally time for some action! Skyra couldn't help but grin just a little as she turned to follow Rose. "You don't have to tell me twice!" 

As she ran up the ramp, Skyra began to ask questions. "What are we dealing with here? An army? A squad of enemies? Some big ### monster? Tell me it's some monster!" 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma

  • Like 2


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Vulimai (Kini-Nui Bunker)

She attempted to call Knichou, but her call was ignored. 'That Karzing Brakas, I'll have to really chew him out later.' She thought as she shouted into the bunker, the tired sounds of Sidra coming over her shoulder, drawing the Commander's attention as she looked at the NUVA. "Respectfully speaking, this business is Kini-Koro's. If you think you can lure It away, be my guest, but I'm not going to hold back our best shots at taking it down till it is too late to act."

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

At last Nuju answered, "Perhaps you'll be back before the rain stops. Maybe you'll find what I'm looking for: A makoki stone that will reveal the path to Tren Krom. It wasn't always a cycle, you know."

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

"There are many maybes in life, Nuju," Stannis intoned solemnly. He crossed his arms and stood at rest a couple paces from the shimmering portal's horizon and looked at Nuju carefully. "You know that better than anyone, don't you? Destiny's myriad of pathways, the esoteric material that keeps scholars and seers like you poring at the skies day and night... I step into this portal and go to who-knows-where and when, and if I come back, nothing will be quite the same as when I left it—similar, sure, but touched by entropy that flows differently than in the Far Shore. I'd ask you for advice before I sojourn through, but I rather think better of the idea. Anyone who thinks they know as much as you do would keep your secrets close and your truths even closer. Seers and Wanderers are alike. We are charlatans—we are liars—because we have to be.

"Am I mistaken?"

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Niidak (Relic Fields)

Well, that was an unpleasant sound. The Untethered was definitely coming up, and was going after her.

The only conventional way out was down the stairs, and Niidak would prefer not to risk her life fighting against an undead creature that likely could not feel pain or care about losing a limb or two. She had to find another way to exit the building, so she looked behind herself.

She’d just make a hole in the wall, of course.

She ran to the opposite end of the room and thrust her spear at the crystal wall repeatedly, the sharp tip puncturing it and creating cracks in it. The crystal was fragile, but the spear wasn’t fast enough. She could still hear the creature approaching. So instead, she took out Sidra’s trusty seismic pickaxe, activating it and shattering the crystal, making a hole just large enough for her to fit through. She grabbed her Kanohi Miru from her satchel, then simply jumped out into the chilly night outside.

As she fell, she placed the mask on her face and activated it, levitating somewhat clumsily onto the ground below as she lacked experience with using masks. The land was a little rough and too fast, but she only received minor bruises on her legs.

She looked around, trying to spot her hoverbike in the dark while also trying to see if the Untethered had any friends nearby. While her pursuer was still inside, she hoped she had enough time to finish the repairs, so she could leave this cursed place and never return. The Junk Fields were certainly not the scavengers’ paradise she had believed them to be. 

OOC: @Eyru

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Like 3

still alive somehow

BZRPG profiles

Six Kingdoms profile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taku Crew

"I don't know, I think maybe -" Arnex said with a confused shrug as she watched Skyra board the airship once again. The Onu-Matoran was interrupted by another announcement over the intercom, with Berys explaining further now that he had everyone's attention.

"Tahtorak sighted nearby, we're going to investigate."

"Well... there's your answer."

Edited by BULiK
Taku retconned back into reality
  • Like 4

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Skyra Daring - The Taku -

Skyra quickly spun around to see where Arnex was looking. Yeah, that was definitely a monster, yep. "Holy ####! Judging by the distance that thing has to be...really big." 

This was great. Well...it wouldn't be great if they couldn't stop it of course, but Skyra was sure they could take pretty much anything down with the resources and manpower they had. 

"The boss better get here fast..." 

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 2


My Bzprpg Profiles, Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | Kini-Nui

Nuju's smile was awkward and cubistic, the smile of a man who rarely expressed joy and had been so out of practice that the best he could do was replicate an image he'd thought he'd seen once in a faded and trampled magazine cover. He grimaced his lips and grinned mirthlessly, though there was certainly genuine sentiment behind the gesture detectable behind the pretense of a smile. Stannis flared his lips and bared his teeth back at Nuju in an act of sympathetic synchrony, mimicking Nuju’s errant smile.

"It might be, but it's not my insight I intend to uplift. Everyone can make their own best choices, if they know enough to be educated in choosing. The issue wrestled with is becomes one of how much... is enough?" He let the rhetorical thought linger.

"But why should anyone restore the path to Tren Krom? Why does the primordial Unmaker have to break the wheel?" he asked, cautiously, careful not to ask Nuju his truths. 

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Whira: Kumu Peninsula

"Brother... Icarax," she said, letting the unfamiliar name roll off her tongue. "We are pleased to make your acquaintance. I am Whira, and my companion is Cravious. I am in search of pure energized protodermis, and I was told by a peculiar living rock that there may be some here. Does there happen to be energized protodermis here in your halls?"

OOC: @Eyru @Kal the Guardian

IC, Atamai: Kini-Nui

Right as Atamai was climbing out of his mech, he saw Vulimai running up. She stopped and shouted something.

"TAHTORAK INBOUND!"

"Here? Alright," he said. He climbed back into Malhukuraia's cockpit. Seeing through the mech's eyes, he began absorbing his metal chains, recharging himself. He reached over and absorbed the chains of Kilo's mech as well. The titanic machine stood at its full height. Although Atamai lacked emotions himself, he could feel the kaita spirit's hatred of the Rahi.

"I'm ready," he said.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning and Mind Reading

Location - Cliffside Temple

With - Whira, Icarax?, Rahkshi

 

Cravious felt them approach from all around. His bright red and lemon metallic Kraata squirmed as it sat nestled in his frills. It could feel a trap being closed and warned him. He had his weapons pulled before the Rahkshi were able to reach the door. Against his better judgement, though, he stood down. He had no idea what these machines were, and that meant Aspect involvement. And if there was an Aspect involved, then Whira needed to take the lead. He was there to ensure completion of her next step, not to pave the way for her.

The moving armor, and it was just armor, no organic protodermis muscle, Cravious had an optic for these sorts of things, was savage and vicious. A combat suit if Cravious ever saw one. The spines appeared to be hunched, but they stood almost as tall as he. The shadows seemed to cling to them. Was that… a kinetic buffer of some kind? Cravious activated his X-Ray Vision, noting they weren’t all armor. Kraata were slotted into the spines, piloting the suits. And there didn’t seem to be any special machines inside to generate the shadows. So the darkness clinging to their forms was just Aspect power? He really wanted one or two of these to rip open and study.

His reluctance to attack was rewarded as an Aspect obviously controlled one of the suits of armor to speak to them.

"Welcome," it said. "It has been a long time since guests were received in the halls of Icarax."

Icarax? Huh. Yeah, he had no idea who that was supposed to be. Thankfully Whira spoke up.

"Brother... Icarax," she said. "We are pleased to make your acquaintance. I am Whira, and my companion is Cravious.Cravious nodded in greeting, arms holding his weapons at his sides still. Whira continued, “I am in search of pure energized protodermis, and I was told by a peculiar living rock that there may be some here. Does there happen to be energized protodermis here in your halls?"

Cravious observed the other suits of armor as Whira spoke, only turning to Icarax when Whira finished, awaiting the Aspect’s reply. He would feel the minds of the Kraata approaching if they moved to suddenly attack. Or, well, if they moved at all, actually.
 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Eyru

  • Like 1

-----------------------------

Lewa_Protodermic_Transformation.jpg.423767a94dc72d6925130b562072f725.jpg

--------- “Guide me as I travel the land of the dead. Help me to embrace their experiences and use them to empower me.” ---------

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...