What Should The Next Spinny Be? Or Should There Only Be 10?

fishers64

You may notice one spinny that has been changed thanks to Bfa. ^_^-Gata signoff.jpg
SHHHHH IT'S A SECRET
Was that the Olmak's random annoying pixel? Because I noticed that having vanished a little while ago.~B~
BLACK PIXEL OF DOOOMAnyways, I think it should be HF.

aouROFb.png

If someone wants to make a spinny of my head, I agree with whoever wanted that as a spinny. Just PM me the image. :P
This is probably the best idea in this entire thread. Then maybe the other staff too.
LOL, YES! PLEASE!
Don't want to sound hateful, but we should never do HF spinnies. I mean seriously guys, we need to keep some things BIONICLE based. Either way, it's not like we've run out of BIONICLE spinnies to use anyway.Kraahkan, Poisoned Hau Nuva, or the GSR head would be fine with me.
Because the image ranks, the Tohu head, the name, the emoticons, etc, aren't enough?The new spinny will be HF. You guys should get used to that now, I guess.
I just feel it's something that shouldn't really change. Well, that's a disappointment that it is, though.
But BZP is already changing in ways that are a lot more prominent, such as the new HF forums that have existed since the forum upgrade. I really don't see how a tiny image -- which only a handful of members will have in the nex year anyway -- is much of an issue.~B~
No one's really that mad about it, they just don't like HF enough to have a HF spinny, that's all.But, if everyone and DeeVee insists that it must be a HF skinny, fine. Or what Space Marine said.

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I don't see why a Hero Factory spinny should be a problem for anyone. The spinnies are a BZPower thing, not a BIONICLE thing. Keeping using BIONICLE symbols and icons indefinitely would make them begin to lose their meaning, anyway. What would a poisoned Hau Nuva or UDD symbol have to do with eleven years on BZPower? Nothing-- they'd just be arbitrary symbols grabbed by people desperate to maintain a superficial connection to BIONICLE. A Hero Factory-related symbol, on the other hand, would be extremely relevant to the site's current status as a general LEGO site with an emphasis on constraction.

As much as I'd rather not have an HF spinny, it's the most logical. All the years of Bionicle have already been covered, and it would definitely suit the change in direction for the site.It's kind of tough to have it succeed Tohu's head, though.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

While I would love to say double spinneys to represent 11-onwards, I'd have to go with something plain, but still Hero Factory or LEGO in general related.The Golden Tohu could represent an end to the "Golden" BIONICLE-oriented era of the site, and a plain object related to Hero Factory such as a Hero Core could represent the site starting over as a LEGO site.But, what do I know. Just my two cents. :-PqEDIT: Or either a full Mata Nui body, the UDD logo with the planets represented, or just a spinning BZP instead.

Edited by Kryzath

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with those who suggested the UDD symbol. It's probably the only thing that can follow the spinning Tohu head, and it's extremely representative of BIONICLE as a whole.After that, Hero Factory spinnies would not be inappropriate. It is the BIONICLE follow up, after all. And besides, after the UDD symbol there really isn't anything else representative to use. Going back to 2001 masks and starting the cycle over again is a neat idea, but it feels a bit like trying to revive a dead horse. The spinnies should change with the times. So if not a UDD symbol, then a spinning hero core (as suggested by Gata) gets my vote.But of course it's not up to me.

BZPRPG

What I don't understand is how so many of you want the new spinny to be something representative of BIONICLE as a whole. If it were the 10-year spinny, I would understand it, but it's the 11-year spinny. Do you want every spinny to top the one before? There is no reason at all why it should be something so representative, let alone a BIONICLE spinny at all. BIONICLE is over, there is not a reason for using a symbol of BIONICLE for this spinny. Even if we did, it wouldn't work anymore next year, and what would you do then? Switch to HF? Well, why not do that already now, when it makes more sense?-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Well, I won't have to worry about the HF spinny any time soon ;)EDIT: Honestly I don't think there should be a new spinny at all. Hapori Tohu is the mascot of the site and the Hapori spinny is a symbol of true dedication to the site. 10 years under someones belt is more than enough to show that you are dedicated, besides, that Hapori spinny is the best looking one :P

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

This thread is still alive?@Gatanui: Yes, we can and should have each spinny top the previous one. It's simple. For 10 years, the spinny symbolized BZPower.For 11 years, you have something that represents all of BIONICLE (the source of BZP). For 12, you represent all of LEGO (but not HF). For 13, the entire Western world (the source of LEGO, which is the source of BIONICLE). Then, the planet Earth. Fifteen years deserves something based on the solar system. Just continue expanding the scope of the spinny's symbolism--"zooming out," if you will.It's really the only rational thing to do.*@Toa Kayn: The issue is that, eventually, everyone who is currently a member--including inactive members--would then have that same decapitated Hapori Tohu. Since even members who leave (or, say, stop in once or twice a year) would have, it doesn't necessarily indicate dedication. The point of the spinnies is to allow one to see how long a member has been around, and if everyone has the same marker, it doesn't do a good job at that.~ BioGio* In case it isn't painfully obvious, this was all sarcastic.

Edited by BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

why have a spinnyWHEN YOU CAN HAVE A PULSIE11yearpulsie.gif
I am all for this. It's time for change. It's time... for pulsies. And not of some LEGO creation, no. A pulsie of an actual person. Yes, this sounds excellent. People pulsies. Ingenius.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I don't really see any Bionicle-themed options for the next spinny. There have been no new sets, or even story developments in over a year. I think it's about time we stop focusing on Bionicle so much. I don't know if this means we should get a Hero Factory spinny, or something else, but the time that BZPower was solely a Bionicle fan site is over. On the other hand, we do have a history to remember and respect, but we shouldn't cling too hardly to it.

Starting a new comic series soon.

I guess we'll know tomorrow.
You went and got my hopes up. Tohu's the only active member who joined eleven years ago today, and his spinny has always just been the spinny Tohu head, hasn't it? Black Six is the next-oldest active member, and his spinny won't roll over until August 2nd. Mark your calendars!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I guess we'll know tomorrow.
You went and got my hopes up. Tohu's the only active member who joined eleven years ago today, and his spinny has always just been the spinny Tohu head, hasn't it? Black Six is the next-oldest active member, and his spinny won't roll over until August 2nd. Mark your calendars!
Tohu's spinny has always been the latest one, but not always the Tohu one (which was only added one year ago). You should see the new spinny in talkbacks tomorrow, although you could have already found it weeks ago. :P-Gata signoff.png Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

The funny thing is it was uploaded weeks ago but none of you bothered to guess its URL. :PAnyway, I think Bfa did a great job on this one, so any congratulatory remarks should be directed at him. ^_^-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm slightly disappointed that it isn't B6's head, but it's still awesome. Rocka's helmet is one of the best HF helmets.
Nah, when personal computers are able to project rotating holograms, then we can do B6's head. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Aagh. Disappointing. I was hoping for the head of the Great Spirit Robot.I have nothing against HF, but I don't want Bionicle to die in our hearts and minds as well as in those of TLG. And this is conducive to such a thing happening.Sorry if this comment is excessively negative or out of line, tell me if it is. I have no idea, just my honest opinion.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have nothing against HF, but I don't want Bionicle to die in our hearts and minds as well as in those of TLG. And this is conducive to such a thing happening.
I can see why you'd want a BIONICLE spinny, but at the same time, I don't think a little .gif of a BIONICLE piece would have any bearing on whether or not it's dead to people.

Rocka's helmet is certainly one of the cooler Hero Factory helmets, so it's nice that we got a spinny of it, but I was hoping for a spinny of Furno, Surge, or Breez's helmets, as aside from the Faxon every single spinny is red, gold, yellow, and orange. But as said, Rocka's helmet is definitely one of the cooler looking ones.-ibrowcomedies_critica.png

I was kind of hoping the new spinny would be Furno or Stormer's helmit, but this one looks cool too.Thank you for making it, Bfahome!
I agree. Furno's or Stormer's would have been ideal, seeing as not only are they main characters, their helmets this year match the ones from two years ago (and thus could fill in for the Hero Factory years not represented by spinnies). Still, what's done is done, and I admit the Rocka helmet looks awesome. Onward to 2013!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This 35x32 spinning icon will surely lead to the permanent death of BIONICLE!Also I was against using Furno or Stormer's helmets exactly because they use the same mold as they did two years ago, and wouldn't match the year as well as the new Rocka helmet. Evo was the other option, but he wasn't as "special" as Rocka.Also this one was really easy to make since they actually had the piece in LDD.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

I would be fine with the HF heads (I mean, how often do we notice spinnies anyways?), but I like a few other ideas here, namely:1. UDD2. Nuva Cube3. Mata Nui stoneAh, nostalgia. All of these would be great! We could also do a mask from the serials (that never got finished :glare:), since that was kind of the storyline after Bionicle ended?

Ah, nostalgia. All of these would be great! We could also do a mask from the serials (that never got finished :glare:), since that was kind of the storyline after Bionicle ended?
Seeing as the serials unfortunately weren't continued this year, that wouldn't make too much sense. :/-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I thought we had honestly moved on. Tohu was a good ending point that marked the end of Bionicle and, in turn, the era of Bionicle-centric BZPower. This is a LEGO forum now.-SK
Well, except for the fact that the site's name still says "Bionicle" -- we're not LZP, after all. I mean really I see both sides to this argument. Sure, we've moved on to spread out more into other LEGO themes, having some completely LEGO forums. So makes sense that we have the spinny be a non-Bionicle one, especially if the spinny is from the line that replaced Bionicle, yes? Yes. Also as you mentioned the Tohu head can be seen as a transition from Bionicle to Lego. But you also have to look at, again, the name of BZP, and not to mention the ratio of Bionicle things compared to Lego ones. Artwork, whether it be literature, art, or creations, is still mainly of the Bionicle variety. And that's my argument/viewpoint. We're still Bionicle Zone Power. That's why I like the idea of always having a Bionicle spinny -- as sort of a tribute to what created this site, if you will. Plus there's the question of what theme do we choose if not Bionicle? Again, as I said earlier, HF does make sense since it was the line that replaced Bionicle, but then does that mean that we're becoming a HF-centered forum? I mean, to an extent, yes -- there is one forum that's specifically HF while no other LEGO theme has that with the exception of Bionicle -- but still, I think that, as we shed away from Bionicle, we're trying to focus more on just other LEGO themes in general, with a -slightly- bigger focus on HF simply because it did replace Bionicle (but, just thinking of that -- why do we focus more on HF? Because it replaced Bionicle, because we're a Bionicle forum -- that shows again, our tribute to Bionicle, how we are still, in fact, a Bionicle forum, moving on because Bionicle ended but yet staying true to Bionicle with our identity). But even with all that, again, our identity is still a Bionicle forum. It is, whether you deny it or not. Yes, we're branching out. Yes, we're becoming less centered on Bionicle. But our identity still is that of a Bionicle forum. Therefore, I personally like the idea of having a Bionicle spinny.No, it's not happening; I've known that for a while now. It doesn't mean I'm not disappointed, because I am, even if the new spinny does look good. I'm not that disappointed, and I don't really care all that much anyway, but again it doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed or that I wouldn't prefer something that was Bionicle. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I for one welcome our new HF helmet overlords.11year.gif I mean, come on, that's ridiculously awesome. Great job, Bfa. :)~B~
That spinny must be for 11+ years, isn't it? Are there going to be more HF heads in the future? Also, the spinny is pretty cool. Edited by FF Ice Master

pWPTu7m.jpg