• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Hero Factory 2013 Teaser

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 18 2012 - 10:47 PM

Gatanui made an interesting find today. Head over to the Hero Factory website and a teaser should pop up for the Brain Attack wave of sets. Click on the 'Enter Code' link and type in "BrAiN" and you'll see a cool video teasing next year's line. A countdown on the page lets you know when we'll see the full release - start counting down the days!http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5882]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 02:15 AM

Huh, I'm not getting that pop-up. Strange.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#3 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 02:17 AM

My brother and I just got really excited. Phantoka Surge? YES. 

This looks to be another promising year for Hero Factory.

Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#4 Offline Scratch

Scratch
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 63 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 02:25 AM

Its not appearing for me. Huh.

Now fades the great harvest of my betrayal...

#5 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,302 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 03:14 AM

Posted Image

Photoka surge? All I saw were test tubes full of Kraata, uh I mean brain attackers 

#6 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 03:28 AM

Posted Image

Photoka surge? All I saw were test tubes full of Kraata, uh I mean brain attackers 

///

It was in the video you can watch after typing in the code.

Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

#7 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 03:30 AM

[color=#990000;]The teaser only appears on the US site and only if you don't have a cookie named hft2013 stored. Once you see the Flash teaser, type in the code in order to see the movie. It appears the code isn't case-sensitive, by the way. As far as the video is concerned, HF 2013 looks so awesome. Love the music. :) Surge XL wings and trans-yellow? Evo with trans-light blue? It can't get better! :D And that ice villain looks awesome, too.If you have VLC Media Player, I recommend you watch the video here.That typo in the end is so embarassing, though. :P[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

Edited by Gatanui, Dec 19 2012 - 03:35 AM.

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#8 Offline Dorek

Dorek
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,832 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 04:21 AM

Yeah, that typo was pretty bad, I gotta say.Fantastic trailer, though. Good to get a glimpse of future villains and Heroes, and Surge looks excellent.

Posted Image

#9 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,302 posts

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 05:52 AM

Im honestly not joking here. I cant tell if that was nex or bulk

Please tell me Stringer and Nex are in the year

Edited by CCCXLVII, Dec 19 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#10 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,699 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 06:58 AM

[color=#808080;][font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Woo! Screenshot time!I think this may be, in some respects, a lot like like Breakout- all the heroes upgraded together, but on mission separately (except when in Makuhero City, of course)- and have different heroes appearing in TV episodes without the others of that same wave. For example, here we see Surge, Stormer, and Evo being upgraded, then fighting alongside Breez and Furno. Of course, this could be a "last stand, get all the heroes" type of scenario, assuming there are others off-screen.[/color][/font]

Edited by Chro, Dec 19 2012 - 07:08 AM.

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#11 Offline Kavu

Kavu
  • Members
  • Toa

• 130 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 08:05 AM

I recall some people talking about a Hordika Krana earlier. Well, there you go. :P

I have to say though, Hero Factory has never looked this good. I greatly look forward to the new sets. 

#12 Offline Project Nightfall

Project Nightfall
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,360 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 10:00 AM

I am so excited for Brain Attack, it looks so amazing and epic. The heroes design are great, and I REALLY like that ice villain. Also that song is an earworm, but no complains there, really nice!But seriously LEGO, "comming"?

27946801_un-live-action-trailer-per-il-d

#13 Offline Great Being Velika

Great Being Velika
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Low brass will rule the world

• 259 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 11:18 AM

Kind of reminds me of the Visorak/Hordika. The way it takes over your brain, and I swear I saw a Visorak-like spider web!

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

#14 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 01:49 PM

Kudos to Gata for fixing the stored cookie problem by providing a link that allows us to download the video!

Thank you good sir.

Thoughts:

Stormer- Amazing! Sword is similar to Furno's, same goes for his visor.  XL this year too? And best of all.....ICE MISSILES!!!!!

Evo- Trans-blue? Nice weapon though

Surge- Trans-yellow FTW! And wings? Cool, at leat someone's flying.

Breez- She's actually in this episode!!!!

Edited by Manterax Prime, Dec 19 2012 - 01:58 PM.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#15 Offline Guurahk Entertainer

Guurahk Entertainer
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 02:01 PM

Holy slag, that hand was Black Phantom's.

-G u u R a h K

#16 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 725 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 05:43 PM

Thoughts:

Huge animation improvement

Black Phantom's hand? I thought he was in jail? Maybe another inexplicable inconsistency...

Those brain slug ships with the blades look really cool.

The brain slugs look like the Krang from Ninja Turtles.

I don't really like the cartoon rendition of Pyrox, but what we glimpsed of Ogrum looks amazing.

White villain sort of looks like an ugly mess, but nice pieces.

Minor nitpick but the Hero Core clamps don't actually clamp the Hero Core.

Blue and trans-yellow Surge with Buzz Lightyear wings? Good idea, but I think I'll pass.

Evo looks pretty cool. Trans-purple or red would be cooler, but the blue shells would be good for modifying Breakout Stringer.

Stormer looks very cool. I wonder what's in his left hand?

Rocka and Bulk look pretty bad animated.

Making Furno's fire elements actual fire was a really good choice. He looks awesome. The one thing I'm interested in is how they animate his cape. Cloth animation is fairly difficult, and I'm not sure the company that animated Hero Factory can pull it off.

The music is terrible.

The typo at the end was cringe-worthy.

#17 Offline Project Nightfall

Project Nightfall
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,360 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 07:11 PM

If anyone is interested of course, I compiled various screenpics from the trailer for public view. Pre-aliens Pyrox is really cute.

27946801_un-live-action-trailer-per-il-d

#18 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,285 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 07:31 PM

It makes me wonder. Why does Surge always look so awesome in all of his forms? Also:

If anyone is interested of course, I compiled various screenpics from the trailer for public view. Pre-aliens Pyrox is really cute.

I think I see Evo in one of the pictures holding a... Phantoka Pohatu propeller or at least, something that looks a lot like it.

Edited by Spiritmaster Veigar, Dec 19 2012 - 07:32 PM.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#19 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 429 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 07:47 PM

It makes me wonder. Why does Surge always look so awesome in all of his forms? Also:

I think it's to make up for the fact that he's just there mostly for comic relief, so LEGO makes him more awesome than he actually is.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

#20 Offline ChroXumo

ChroXumo
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,699 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 08:30 PM

Pre-aliens Pyrox is really cute.

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]I know, right? D'aw.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=#808080;]Also, similar to Creep of the Deep, I've got some screenshots and stuff [/color][color=#0000ff;]here[/color][color=#808080;]. Not nearly as many, but some are different, and if I do say so myself, slightly better quality.[/color][/font]

Chro: Dream Killer

MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

Hitman VIII: Codebreaker

Baruka: Native Son

#21 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 811 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 09:48 PM

The line for the first half of 2013 may seem substandard compared to Breakout, but this has proved to me that HF has a WHOLE lot of great sets planned for the near future.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#22 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,793 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 10:24 PM

Wow. Bulk looks beyond terrible. Also not a fan of how Furno and Rocka's mouths look in their 'rest' state.Other than that, this looks really awesome.

storengusu_-_copy.jpg

#23 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 01:12 AM

I think I see Evo in one of the pictures holding a... Phantoka Pohatu propeller or at least, something that looks a lot like it.

Thoughts:

Evo looks pretty cool. Trans-purple or red would be cooler, but the blue shells would be good for modifying Breakout Stringer.

/////

:blink:  Evo is yellow.... That Hero with the propeller and the trans-blue armor is... keetorange? Hm. In any case, look at the face color. Every incarnation of Nex had a green head; This one has a green/yellow face, not purple or red. Or are you guys seeing something I'm not?

In any case, I think I was most excited for the appearance of what looks to be Stormer XL. Still not sure about Bulk, or Furno, but Stormer and Surge are definitely worth waiting a few months for. I'd like it if they brought Stringer back, though. Then again, he had his run in Breakout (parts 1 & 2). Oh well.

Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

#24 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,793 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 01:25 AM

[color=#1b4d1b;]I don't think we can accurately say that a color is keetorange or yellow, since it's cgi. The point is, it's yellow. Also, Evo has already randomly changed head colors before.That is Evo. His helmet is clearly Evo's. [/color]

storengusu_-_copy.jpg

#25 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,169 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 05:20 AM

You mean the little vent-things on the cheeks? Okay, I can see what you mean. Yeah, that makes sense, since at the end, Rocka is dark orange instead of gold. Well, at least blue looks a little more like purple. However, the color change for Evo's Breakout form made sense, since red is kinda close to purple--green/yellow, isn't remotely close, though. So that would be too much of a change. Then again... there was Stringer... I guess Nex primarily came to mind for me since he didn't even appear in the background during Breakout, and Evo got a lot of his own screen time.

Posted Image

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~, Dec 20 2012 - 05:23 AM.

askcyrahk2.jpg

#26 Offline Rooster Nui

Rooster Nui
  • Members
  • Toa

• 167 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 05:56 AM

Can't wait for these sets.

#27 Offline Tecnokua Mudkip apprentice

Tecnokua Mudkip apprentice
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 303 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 04:30 PM

I seem unable to whatch the vedio every time i get the screen its to small to so it chops most of the stuff out. is there away to fix that?

Give me da blanket

#28 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 664 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 05:19 PM

Did anyone else think that before the video, when it had the test tubes, it looked like the Rahkshi symbol? Oh, and that brain thing totally reminded me of the process of Visorak venom causing mutation.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#29 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,757 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 05:51 PM

It makes me wonder. Why does Surge always look so awesome in all of his forms?

As much as I agree with you, I know a LOT of AFOLs were massively disappointed with his Breakout incarnation, since they felt he had too much of his secondary color (bright yellowish green) and not enough of his primary color (bright blue). Also a lot of people felt his shoulder spikes were pointless and that those parts should have been pointed down (personally, I like the way he looks with them pointed up).

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#30 Offline Paleo

Paleo
  • Retired Staff
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 811 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 06:06 PM

Has anyone else noticed Stormer's sword? It appears to have a piece that offsets the spikes one half length, with is a fairly rare piece.

Edited by Paleo, Dec 20 2012 - 06:07 PM.

Vote for Entry #2:

News • Forums • Q&A

bzptwitter.jpg bzpflickr.jpg bzpyoutube.jpg bzpfacebook.jpg

in General Discussion Contest 2.22!

#31 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 09:26 PM

Well, this will be an interesting year. Can't wait until they start selling the Heroes here.

#32 Offline PowerMiner

PowerMiner
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,110 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 09:41 PM

Anyone else liking those tiny 'Brain Monsters'? (The guys who will probably be sets)

I'm getting a strong Bohrok vibe from this.

Oh yeah the heroes look pretty cool too.

Might get a few of these.

Edited by PKMN Trainer PowerMiner, Dec 20 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#33 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 664 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hey, the test tube babies at the beginning have gotten bigger.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#34 Offline ToaJaller77

ToaJaller77
  • Members
  • Toa

• 123 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 27 2012 - 05:56 PM

Thoughts:

/////

:blink:  Evo is yellow.... That Hero with the propeller and the trans-blue armor is... keetorange? Hm. In any case, look at the face color. Every incarnation of Nex had a green head; This one has a green/yellow face, not purple or red. Or are you guys seeing something I'm not?

In any case, I think I was most excited for the appearance of what looks to be Stormer XL. Still not sure about Bulk, or Furno, but Stormer and Surge are definitely worth waiting a few months for. I'd like it if they brought Stringer back, though. Then again, he had his run in Breakout (parts 1 & 2). Oh well.

Posted Image

That "Keetorange" Hero IS Evo. Look closely and notice he has the same arm plating.

50px-24126359.png.jpg

IS THIS PICTURE BIG ENOUGH FOR THE SIGNATURE?

IS IT?

#35 Online Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,034 posts

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 06:18 PM

That app is so weird. Too bad I have an Android. And with the Brain Attack game on Google Play, I actually thought LEGO might be developing for all platforms for everything. What a disappointment. :(

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#36 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:55 PM

I love the new Furno. the sword, the shield, the helmet. Pure awesomeness;also Pyrox is cute before he got transformed. Makes me want to pick him up and take him home.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#37 Offline Bominominomu Nemo

Bominominomu Nemo
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,563 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 29 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hmmm, I'm getting a "Hordika" vibe from this year's sets for two reasons.

Firstly, the "mutation" aspect of these brain creatures, and secondly, the willingness to reveal the latter half of the year's sets early, in the form of Stormer and some of the other Heroes, in much the same way that the Visorak were revealed early, despite not being released until 6 months after being shown in the Bionicle comic.

Do you believe in magic?

#38 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,917 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 29 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hmmm, I'm getting a "Hordika" vibe from this year's sets for two reasons. Firstly, the "mutation" aspect of these brain creatures, and secondly, the willingness to reveal the latter half of the year's sets early, in the form of Stormer and some of the other Heroes, in much the same way that the Visorak were revealed early, despite not being released until 6 months after being shown in the Bionicle comic.

[color=#990000;]However, in Europe the Visorak were released in winter while the Hordika came in summer. Also, we already got to see summer sets early last year, too.[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#39 Online Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,034 posts

Posted Dec 29 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hmmm, I'm getting a "Hordika" vibe from this year's sets for two reasons.

Firstly, the "mutation" aspect of these brain creatures, and secondly, the willingness to reveal the latter half of the year's sets early, in the form of Stormer and some of the other Heroes, in much the same way that the Visorak were revealed early, despite not being released until 6 months after being shown in the Bionicle comic.

Really? The first thing I thought of was Kraata. :P

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#40 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 664 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 01 2013 - 12:43 PM

The countdown's over, looks like all the "brains" got out.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users