hardest/longest to build set

ToaN

For BIONICLE, 2008 Takanuva. And just minutes after that, I had to construct Vultraz's entire vehicle for my brother.

As for LEGO, Boba Fett's 2006 Slave 1. I bought it in the afternoon and finished it near bedtime (which was 8:00 at that time). I missed dinner so mom gave me a hotdog as I kept working. Good times.

mindeth the cobwebs

The longest set I had to build was the Piraka Stronghold I had to complete it in 2 days. Just recently I built Vezon and Kardas with my 3 sets and it took me the entire day because I was looking for the parts!

3 hours for a Rockoh T3. Found it on clearance at Wal-Mart in 2011 and begged my mom for it. Though I was only 11.

Dont worry, your not the only one who would've done that :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that Takanuva's vehicle took me a couple of hours to build when I first got it. (Cut me some slack, people. I was four.)

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Toa Ignika's Skyboard which i bought back in 2008. That middle section of the skyboard with the required correct placement of the matoro mahri shoulderpad was really frustrating

.I spent most of the night trying to figure it out and had to leave it unfinished overnight.I later just kept the piece on a hole where it wouldn't interfere with the rest of the build.

Later at some point i dismantled it in 2010 and later i built it correctly in February this year, it was that tricky for me and with the old decision that i had planned to never attempt to rebuild it because of too much hassle over that one piece.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When i was younger, it was the titan sets of 2002, like the Exo Toa and the Queens. I had to have my dad help me build them.

I think i had some trouble with the bird that Jaller came with.

After that i kind of easlly built the rest. Granted i stop getting the real big ones after 2006. So i wouldn't know how hard it would be to build say the vechicals in 08 and what not.

But for the longest build, all the titans took a while. But one of them took extra long. It was the boxor, i accidentally did the alt build instead of the set build. So i had to take it a part a build it again.

Edited by gunconvoy

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

Hardest; at the time, I have to admit, it was the Boxor vehicle. Bear in mind that I had only just turned eleven at the time, but all those little gears in it confused me no end back then XD;;

Longest, definately Cahdok and Gahdok. This was maybe six years after they came out, so I wasn't that young anymore, but if that wasn't a tedious process... you build one big, time-consuming monster; then when you've finished, you find you have to repeat EXACTLY THE SAME PROCESS with her twin. Not what I'd call fun.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Hardest: Nidhiki. His legs took me a while to figure out, especially the rubber things worked

Longest: Maxilos and Spinax. Maxilos' construction was very complex, so I took extra care and time in putting him together, because if I hadn't I know I would have messed something up and had to backtrack.

Edited by Kazi the Matoran
My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

the Axalara takes the award for both longest build time and most difficult build. took me a good hour and a half or more, and i made several mistakes that i had to go back and undo. the Ussanui and the Boxor were both real pains to build as well, though the end result of the latter was definitely worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say the Exo-Toa was probably the one that took me the longest to build. At the time, the most complicated set I had built was Pohatu, and that's only because of how his torso was upside-down compared to the other Toa. The hardest, was probably my first set, Lewa. I had difficulty identifying which pieces the instructions were referring to, at times. :P

"You must remember, young Toa, that the brightest light- casts the darkest shadow."

Starting a PBZP. Have a look at my MOCs below and PM me if you're interested.

PBZP: A B C D E F G H I J K L M M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

In progress:

Other MOCs: Tohu and Dume, Toa Salina, Tahu 2010 revamp

Baranus took the longest as it was my first vehicle set.

lol i know what you mean, it was my first vehicle set too, so it took a while as well

but the piraka stronghold took me a couple of day due to me being younger and never experiencing builds with system pieces. It was also my very first playset :D

Edited by AdaptingChaos

• 4 weeks later...

Jetrax T6, I stayed up ALL 2008 Christmas Eve building that.

I still stand by this statement.....

The Jetrax T6 I recently bought and I have to say that it wasnt as hard as I expected it to be took me about an hour and I think if I were to be younger, then it wouldve probably taken longer.

Hardest set to build, you say? 2003 Makuta.

I was 5, and I simply could not push the plus rods in without hurting myself.

Oh and Axalara and Vezon & Fenrakk were pretty obnoxious too.

Toa Mata Nui took me forever to build, and so did the Thornax. That's as big as my vehicle sets go, but I could imagine the Axalara and the like took longer.

I have not yet purchased the Axalara yet but I saw a video about this guy taking him over a day to build lol

• 2 weeks later...