BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Dayeth,

In her induced slumber, Dayeth stirred. Makuta's forces had gained the upper hand; she could feel it, deep down inside of her. The Dark Lord's Will be done! In her mind, it was a scream, but in her sleep, it was a barely audible mumble.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Stay down."  The Titan rumbled menacingly, hefting his morning star with one hand. The being was implacable; whether Mortem stayed down or not, his tone made it clear that he would be going down again. He still couldn't see the Vortixx himself, but his location was easy enough to discern.

"You can't win; you're hurt, and you can't put me down fast enough to keep me from ending you. If you'd like a chance at living, you'll take off the cloak, and the staff, and push them away."

OOC: Eisen post when the rest of the Nightfall has had time to post. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC

We're inside.

My rifle's balance is off; I check it from end to end as we move, an inspection I have completed often enough that I do not need to think about how. The muzzle is crudely capped with metal; any attempt to use it is likely to do damage to the entire weapon. I can remove it given time, but that is a luxury we do not currently possess, so I sling the rifle over my shoulder and draw zamor launcher in one hand and machete in the other. I am not fond of close-range combat, but there are few other options. The launcher at least, will allow me some distance.

IC: Zekev

Ah ######.

The new electric Toa (Bronte) was going to do a fist slam into Wiess unless I did something.

Well, it's only my right shoulder that's shot, so...

I quickly fired a laser at the first Toa(Dahkapa) to keep him busy, before lunging at Weiss, knocking him away. I quickly rolled over and used my good arm to swing my axe at where the Electricity Toa would land at. Hopefully a nice solid clunk would signal that we was down for the count.

Oh, right, the other Toa blasting snow. I launched a laser blast at him, hoping to hit him while he charged.

"Weiss, stop him while I get this electric flying joker!"

IC: With a metallic crunch, the Skakdi's axe slammed into Brontes' shield. Pain shot through his arm, he was sure he now had several minor bone fractures. "Better that than a lost arm," he thought, steadying himself and regaining his defensive stance.

He was now within several meters of his sword, he raised his shield and channeled his elemental energies into it, producing a blinding light he directed at the Skakdi, as he did this he also moved backwards and retrieved his short sword, ready for his foes next attack.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: (Weiss)

A flurry of snow brushed his face, as Weiss grabbed his glaive and raised it in defense. Around him, the snow dissipated, and the Kane-Ra Riders fled into their heathen city. They had won the first battle, these were just the last outliers. He felt the air warm slightly, as warm as it could be in Ko-Koro. He knew his enemies would no the same.

"The fight for the gate is over, we outnumber you! Go into your city!"

IC: (Goran)

Goran got out of the snow, and realized the Kane-Ra were leaving. They had beaten the heathen guards. Glory to Ak'rei'an. He needed to find Rakona, he thought, find his mistress and join her in attacking the city. Getting up, he however noticed Sir Weiss and Sir Zekev being attacked by heathens some feet away. Taking a Katana to each hand, he went towards the three. Letting out a guttural cry.

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer)

He opened his eyes to a clearer sky, and a throbbing pain behind his head and knees. He took a deep breath, letting the cold air revive him. He saw Sir Jaaku, mending his wounds, and Lutrez, being liberated from his icy helmet by a wounded Lady Rakona in the distance, slowly with a heatstone. He heard the sound of the Kane-Ra growing ever more distance. They had won, Ak'rei'an had smiled upon them. He looked to Jaaku, with a relieved look upon his face.

"I thank you, Sir Knight," he said exasperated. "I owe you my health, I owe you my life. Let me rest for some minutes, before we press back..."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

"Stay down."  The Titan rumbled menacingly, hefting his morning star with one hand. The being was implacable; whether Mortem stayed down or not, his tone made it clear that he would be going down again. He still couldn't see the Vortixx himself, but his location was easy enough to discern.

"You can't win; you're hurt, and you can't put me down fast enough to keep me from ending you. If you'd like a chance at living, you'll take off the cloak, and the staff, and push them away."

OOC: Eisen post when the rest of the Nightfall has had time to post. 

IC: (Mortem)

The vortixx, was about to reply, but passed out, the cloak still activated.

Kathok

IC: Joskander blinked as the enemy Skakdi reacted to the three-pronged attack, quickly firing off a few laser bursts as he shoved his injured partner away.  Beams of energy lanced through the air, nearly grazing the Le-Toa's shoulder as he made a Kakama-assisted sidestep-

-and promptly tripped over a lump of ice at superspeed.  Welp.

His mask-enhanced reflexes kicking in, Joskander instinctively lashed out at the Skakdi with his chain even as he fell sideways into the snow, channeling his elemental powers through it to give it an extra kick if it reached its target.

OOC: Yeah, that should give you an idea of how fights with this guy usually go.  Clumsy Le-Toa is clumsy.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

OOC: I did settle things with Delilah in a PM. Jalkron was shot in the arm and Rorg's gun was capped. I'm fine with your moves too, as Jalkron has almost know resistance to mental powers at the moment.

IC: As Echelon walks into the Sanctum Jalkron begins capping His allies' wounds with metal, sealing the wounds in the only way he can. This takes only seconds, and once he is done he turns back to the dark toa.  The voice is still echoing around in his head though, and he does his best to push it away.  He focuses intently on the three virtues, and that helps some.  With the momentary respite, Jalkron finds enough concentration to form a block of metal behind Echelon, nearly twice as tall as he. The bottom of the slab is uneven, so it immediately begins to fall towards him. At the same time, Jalkron creates little balls of metal right where Echelon is about to step. The effort from all this tires Jalkron, and his wound begins to throb, catching his attention again. He remembers that there is still a bullet in his arm, and quickly uses his power to use the metal to fix his armor.

OOC: It seems that you missed this Ghostands.

Edited by Vestak

NPC: The guard stood over him for a short moment, expression stoic and unreadable. Ergo, par the course for him and his kin, as a Toa of Ice. He realized he was living out a stereotype in doing so, but he couldn't change who he was.

He turned to face the Sanctum. In there lied the enemy, those he and the shield-bearing firespitter had failed to halt the impalacble advance of. At the gate, there was fighting to still be done, he'd heard them breach it a scant few minutes ago. There was a choice to be made here, and you could easily say it to be his duty to abandon the half-dead Toa to the elements, and fight against the encroaching Brotherhood forces.

He turned back to Gevenne and gave a small nod of acknowledgement. 

He said he couldn't change who he was. There was a reason he joined the guard, after all.

He lowered his palms to the snow. "You've done your part. Time for me to do mine."

A stretcher of ice formed beneath the muscular Toa's frame, which he then hoisted up easily, drawing upon his Pakari's strength.

He joined to protect those who couldn't protect themselves.

The Guard took a deep breath...

And started to run for the Hospital.

helo frens

IC: (Weiss)

A flurry of snow brushed his face, as Weiss grabbed his glaive and raised it in defense. Around him, the snow dissipated, and the Kane-Ra Riders fled into their heathen city. They had won the first battle, these were just the last outliers. He felt the air warm slightly, as warm as it could be in Ko-Koro. He knew his enemies would no the same.

"The fight for the gate is over, we outnumber you! Go into your city!"

IC: Brontes knew the dark Toa was right, the defenses around the gate were falling back into the city. They needed to move to a safer position, and do it quickly.

"Dahkapa, he is right. We need to find your friend and get him to the hospital."

...but close to it

IC (Jin)

Back into the corridor. I moved quick, checking through rooms when I could, always moving farther from the sounds of battle. Ko-Koro was dying; where in karz was its captain?

IC- Captain Korzaa

Jin turned to exit the empty office, and she found herself facing the head of a Ko-Koro Guard spear. As if in answer to her mental curses, there was the muscular, scarred, and very determined captain of the guard holding the Vortixx at spear point. She was accompanied by another no less threatening Ko-Matoran with an exotic bladed staff, keeping an eye on the hallway for any more enemies.

Korzaa glanced up and down at the Vortixx, sizing up her foe for a half second. “You have three seconds to disarm yourself. No sudden movements.” She barked, holding her weapon steady.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Ah ######.

The new electric Toa (Bronte) was going to do a fist slam into Wiess unless I did something.

Well, it's only my right shoulder that's shot, so...

I quickly fired a laser at the first Toa(Dahkapa) to keep him busy, before lunging at Weiss, knocking him away. I quickly rolled over and used my good arm to swing my axe at where the Electricity Toa would land at. Hopefully a nice solid clunk would signal that we was down for the count.

Oh, right, the other Toa blasting snow. I launched a laser blast at him, hoping to hit him while he charged.

"Weiss, stop him while I get this electric flying joker!"

IC: With a metallic crunch, the Skakdi's axe slammed into Brontes' shield. Pain shot through his arm, he was sure he now had several minor bone fractures. "Better that than a lost arm," he thought, steadying himself and regaining his defensive stance.

He was now within several meters of his sword, he raised his shield and channeled his elemental energies into it, producing a blinding light he directed at the Skakdi, as he did this he also moved backwards and retrieved his short sword, ready for his foes next attack.

IC: Joskander blinked as the enemy Skakdi reacted to the three-pronged attack, quickly firing off a few laser bursts as he shoved his injured partner away. Beams of energy lanced through the air, nearly grazing the Le-Toa's shoulder as he made a Kakama-assisted sidestep-

-and promptly tripped over a lump of ice at superspeed. Welp.

His mask-enhanced reflexes kicking in, Joskander instinctively lashed out at the Skakdi with his chain even as he fell sideways into the snow, channeling his elemental powers through it to give it an extra kick if it reached its target.

OOC: Yeah, that should give you an idea of how fights with this guy usually go. Clumsy Le-Toa is clumsy.

IC: Zekev - [Outside the exploded gates]

Ahhh my eyes help

I stumbled and unknowingly dodged a chain that sailed past my nose. Luckily, my nose was still broken from a fight from a month back and the chain only grazed my nose.

Falling back, I squitmd backwards and regained my vision. The speedster crashed into the ground(ha!) and the other Toa was ready(oh no!).

I heard the Grandmaster's words.

"Praise the Archangel! Now we can go loot in his name!"

I'm practically wetting myself.

• Upvote 1

IC (Jin)

There she was.

"Yes, ma'am."

I did as asked (write the date down: it's one for the history books) and pulled my knives out of my belt, letting them clatter to the floor. Time to let my words do the talking.

"With all respect, there's no time for pleasantries," I said, keeping my hands open and fingers wide. "I'm not here to loot or burn, and I'm not here to kill. I'm here to help you."

Korzaa raised an eyebrow; I wasn't gutted yet, so I took that as permission to go on.

"Echelon and his forces have taken the Citadel," I continued, slowly raising one finger to my ear and cocking my head. If the pair listened, they'd hear the sounds of battle coming from down the hallway the way I'd come. "I don't know what their goal is, but if I had to put all my chips in and make a guess, I'd say they're not here to take over. They're here to hit your village in the heart, and take away any hope you have left.

"That means destroying the Sanctum, probably, and if I had to make a guess..." I shrugged. "I'd say it means killing you.

"You're the last remnant of old Ko-Koro. Nuju's dead. Matoro's dead. If you die too, then who's left to keep hope alive? Ambages? Nobody knows where in karz he is, and nobody trusts him anyway. The other Akiri? They're busy with backdoor plots and terrorists. That leaves you, Korzaa, which is why I'm here."

My eyes met hers. "I'm here to get you out."

OoC: Wow, I've got a lot of catching up to do..

IC: Dahkapa (Near the Main gates)

Zekev's laser beams were absorbed by the energy shield of the Hau, but it deactivated immediately afterwards. The green Toa whipped the snw with is lash, creating a tiny blizzard among the Skakdi and the dark Toa, as Brontes and the green Toa charged at them. He was just about to join when suddenly, a group of Kane-Ra cavalry retreated past them.They were followed by a group of spear- and swordsmen of the Sanctum Guard. Among them was Captain Jaatava, who seemed to be alright.

As Brontes was fighting, the purple Toa said "The fight for the gate is over, we outnumber you! Go into your city!" Brontes retreated from combat, after blinding the Skakdi with bright light, and looked at Dahkapa. "Dahkapa, he is right. We need to find your friend and get him to the hospital." Dahkapa gestured towards the group of Sanctum Guard, and said "I agree, but do not worry about my friend, he is right there."

"Praise the Archangel! Now we can go loot in his name!"

Dahkapa turned to look at the Skakdi. The green Toa was lying on the ground next to him, still concious. 'Archangel'? Now it's clear that they're the enemy.. 'Loot in his name'? Suddenly, anger started burning inside him, and his heartlight started to glow brighter. "I am a Toa, and my Duty is to protect my people and their homes. You'll enter this city over my dead body, cultist." His voice was stern and cold, and he picked up his cooled down shield from the ground. "You shall not pass."

NPC: Captain Jaatava of the Sanctum Guard

They blew up the gate with explosive powder. He and his men and women were standing on the wall, some standing behind the gate, ready for an assault by siege towers, latters and rams. But they didn't expect the gate to blow up just like that. They were given an order to retreat, and he thought that it was a wise decision. A shrapnel of wood had scratched him in the shoulder, cutting through his protodermic skin like through wet snow, but otherwise he was uninjured. However, three of his men had died in the explosion, and two others slain by the attackers. He knew the names of his soldiers, and every loss hurt. Kide and her humour, Kimpale with his stories, Huivi.. all gone forever. He tried his best not to think about it as they all retreated deeper into the village.

Suddenly, he saw Dahkapa. He was fighting with two other Toa against a Skakdi and a dark Toa. He had almost walked past, ready to leave them behind..

"Halt!"

His company stopped. "Dahkapa, get out of there! More enemies are coming, we need to retreat to the barracks!", he shouted. Unfortunately, Dahkapa seemed to ignore him and simply stood there..

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Yo, dude, chill out man. I just like stealing stuff," I put my hands up in a placating gesture.

"Dahkapa, get out of there! More enemies are coming, we need to retreat to the barracks!"

Now, there's someone with a sense of reality.

"I agree, man. Dahka dude, it'll be easier to fight inside, where it isn't freezing as much as out here."

Lies. All lies. For one thing, Ko-Koro is worse than the outside, although I'd reckon the explosion might have solved that.

And of course, like a good li'l Skakdi, I planned to off the guy once I got the chance.

Just got to wait for him to drop his guard...

Jalkron runs over to the doors of the sanctum. He begins to absorb the metal, making a gap big enough for any to enter. He also absorbs the block of metal sitting in the hallway. With a good part of his power restored, Jalkron makes another staff and runs into the sanctum, following the dark toa.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Cimond

Ah. It looks like they finally got through. Cimond got up from the vantage point he'd been lying on since the start of the battle and started towards the gates. Honestly, he was starting to have second thoughts. The battle was still raging, and he doubted he could survive long if somebody from either side took a dislike to him. No, stop being so pessimistic. Just reach the koro, gather up the rest of your things, and maybe help some civilians escape. He doubted that people would trust him, but really, simply not going on a killing spree would probably help Makuta's reputation here.

The matoran neared the gates, and prepared to slip into Ko-Koro.

IC: "Well then," Verulas said as he stood, walking casually over to the defeated (for now) Vortixx and pulling off his cloak, his unconcious body revealing itself as he threw the tech aside.

"Guess we should give this one some of the old Ko-Koro hospitality, and by "hospitality," I mean encase him in something he can't break free from so easily next time," he said, gritting his teeth through the quasi-pun and looking up at the Titan, preparing some good old-fashioned sarcasm. "Or we could save ourselves the time and effort and feed him to the rats in the sewers. I'm not picky."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Kimala - Approaching the Hospital

"The... hospital," she grunted. "They attacked the hospital..." All in all it could look a lot worse, but there was enough damage to suggest someone attacked it... If that was the case, she likely wouldn't find any help here. But she had to chance it. Staying on guard, she approached, remaining in sight of the front of the building. If she got attacked, she knew she wasn't welcome. If she wasn't, then either it was clear, they didn't see her, or they simply wanted to ambush an injured (but nonetheless pretty imposing) Toa.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: I’ve quote-posted this attack twice now, so from the lack of response I’ll assume that this NPC has been left for dead while the others retreated and bunny then a bit to move on to the next stage of the battle.

IC (Karemo and Kitano): As the metal square flew at the Ko-toa, she made as if to block itwith yet another wall of ice, only to find that barely a few snow flakes rose from the ground. Her elemental power had all been used up by her previous actions, and now there was nothing left to save her. Then, as her mount jerked to a sudden stop, she was thrown forwards in the saddle, concentration shattered at the critical moment. Karemo's spinning blade sliced into her torso, cutting a deep gash, but not quite going all the way through. She fell from the bull with a shocked sceam as Karemo redirected the flightpath of his projectile so that it whirled back to himself where he absorbed it. Only a few spots of blood were left, and these fell to the ground, staining the trampled white snow.

The the rest of the riders retreating back into Ko-Koro, Karemo and Kitano pressed forward into the city itself. Karemo rose into the air with his mask, flying over the destroyed gate, while Kitano used his own mask to teleport out of his hiding place. With a couple of jumps, he was able to re-find the pair of vako he had been controlling when the army had first attacked, and took control of them, ordering them to follow him into the village. The Kane-Ra of the dead toa he let go of, leaving it to wander around in the drifts outsiode the village. With a final flash of teleportation, he appeared inside the village just as Karemo zoomed overhead. He looked around for defenders. Apparently the Nightfall had already penetrated the citadel, but there were still plenty of beings running this way and that throguh the streets, amny of them defenders.

OOC: Karemo and Kitano open for interaction inside Ko-Koro.

ppg2.png

IC: (Goran)

Goran got out of the snow, and realized the Kane-Ra were leaving. They had beaten the heathen guards. Glory to Ak'rei'an. He needed to find Rakona, he thought, find his mistress and join her in attacking the city. Getting up, he however noticed Sir Weiss and Sir Zekev being attacked by heathens some feet away. Taking a Katana to each hand, he went towards the three. Letting out a guttural cry.

IC: "I am a Toa, and my Duty is to protect my people and their homes. You'll enter this city over my dead body, cultist." Dahkapa had spoke with a firmness and strength that Brontes had not expected from the outwardly calm Ko-Toa. It bolstered my own resolve, clearly he was not going to go down without a fight, I would stand and aid him as long as I could.

"Dahkapa, if things continue to worsen I will carry news back to the Hospital. Until then I shall stand with you." Brontes quietly spoke to the him, making sure their enemies did not hear.

Unfortunately, he noticed a new enemy had appeared, another dark Toa. A fire elemental by the looks of his reddish armor. He held two swords and seemed in a rage. Brontes brought his shield and sword to bear and leapt towards him. Thrusting his sword at the Ta-Toa's left side.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: The sound of crunching snow distracted Verulas from the Titan, commanding his attention towards the newcomer, a large and muscular, yet clearly still female, Toa of Crystal. From what he could see, due to the distance still between them, she moved as if wounded. Maybe she was injured while defending the city? Then again, the Ta-Matoran was also hurt when she arrived, and she turned out to be an enemy...

He had been paid to guard the place, after all. It never hurt to be more thorough.

"Friend of yours?," he said, notifying the Titan of her arrival before walking off without waiting for his response.

He drew his sword and a throwing knife from their respective sheaths, moving in her direction, and stopping just a few yards away from the rest of the group.

"Hey! You! Crystal-Toa! Friend or foe?"

He knew there would only be two outcomes to this situation; either she'd get patched up and it'll be all blankets and hot chocolate for her, or it'll be laser-fire and explosions for him. He didn't mind either way.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Ko-Koro Gates)

The bear was freed, and came instinctively towards his master. Larikon, sitting up upon the snow, was still fairly disoriented. It would pain him, getting him. He would not be able to walk into Ko-Koro, he knew, he'd have to ride into it upon Lutrez. They would have to regroup, first. He saw Zekev, Goran, Zolarn, and Weiss a distance to the front of him, and Rakona and Jaaku stood next to him. Thentyle was coming within earshot, he thought he could see. He didn't see Ira, which alarmed him. Sir Ira, he prayed, had already entered the city to attack the heathens. Nonetheless, they needed to commence the advance. Echelon, he thought, was probably upon the steps of the citadel, or even inside it.

So it henceforth came to the Brotherhood to attack the interior. It would be a rough undertaking, he knew, but they would succeed. They needed to stay in the buildings, he knew, to deny the cavalry their greatest advantage, and pick them and waylaid defenders off. Most guards, he suspected, would be either along the walls or in the citadel. He might need more numbers, he thought, looking to the disparate lesser heathens around him. The Makuta-servants were leaderless, he knew, it could be effective to put them temporarily with the Brotherhood. Once unto the city, they would both secure the city, and retain the population inside. The new city would need labor, the Brotherhood would need converts and slaves. It was paramount that the both instilled fear into the population, and killed little of them.

Struggling to rise, he painfully leaned upon Lutrez. Holding onto the reins for support, he tried to lesser the pressure upon his legs, which throbbed in protest. He heard Zekev's remark, and couldn't but smile. Each Brother would have compensation for his trouble, in material, in gold, and in property. That he envisioned. But most would go unto the construction of a Temple of Ak'rei'an, to serve as the first since Old Blackrock. He could almost imagine it. He grasped his sword in one hand, and looked as gallant as he could to the other members of his Brotherhood, and to the others within sight. He spoke as loud as he could.

"My Brothers, you may have bounties for your earthly labors, I assure you that. As long as it not intoxicates the mind or body, or it speaks wrong of the Archangel, you shalt be entitled to own it. You shall have a place to rest you bodies, a place to sleep that entitled unto you. We will make for ourselves a new section of the old city, where we shalt live, and we shalt be godly. A Temple shall be enshrined to Ak'rei'an, and a monument erected to celebrate our glorious victory. Victory is upon our grasp, my Brotherhood, as we shall go unto the the streets and steads of the heathen city, and TAKE IT FOR THOU ARCHANGEL!

I ask you to use thine blades sparingly, for the heathens may soon see the light of Ak'rei'an. Force them to stay in their decadent houses, strike terror unto their petty hearts, to force them to do such. Kill them if they try to resist, and or beat them if you feel mercy upon your hearts. They shall SUBMIT to us, to AK'REI'AN! As for the guards, thou who try so hard to preserve the rule of the defiler, kill each and every one of them. Let them go to the hellslime, let them be purged from the world. Stay into the buildings, to lure them off their cursed beasts. We have Ak'rei'an  upon our side, MY BROTHERHOOD!"

He directed his attention to the Makuta servants around them.

Makuta servants, IF THINE CAN HEAR ME! Join my Brotherhood in taking the city, take the iced refuge, and make it our own! Gather together, and clean the city of MATA NUI! Join, sword and sword, and destroy the guardsmen once and for ALL. The frost shall not harm us again!"

He was running out of breath, with his speech. After having Jaaku patch his legs up, and taking a poultice of bitter, pain-killing herbs, he had Rakona help him upon Lutrez. He turned to Jaaku, looking below. "I ask you to guard the gateway, to stop heathens from escaping through it." Jaaku was a defensive-minded knight, it might suit him better. And besides, Ak'rei'an would not forgive him if the knight who saved the Grandmaster was killed after such an act.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Joskander grunted as he pulled his face free of the snow.  Yeah, that went about as expected, he thought, preparing to take off running again.  Right, did I at least hit the Skakdi?  ...no, he isn't even paying attention to me, too busy taunting the other guy.  I can work with that.  The Toa of Air reactivated his Kakama again and took off at the highest speed he could muster, bracing himself for a high-speed shoulder-first body slam.

OOC: Stubborn Joskander is stubborn.

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC:

The Guard was scattered. The Sanctum was breached. The doors were closed.

It was these kinds of times that Nika was paid for.

He dropped the briefcase, slung his rifle over his shoulder, and raced from his hiding spot for the gates of the citadel. He prayed that he might be able to find a way in before the Guard noticed him and assumed him to be a fellow of Echelon (reasonable, if idiotic, train of logic).

It was a strong piece of engineering, that much was clear. But the combined assaults of Echelon and the Vortixx with the feathered claw had taken their toll on the double-doors. Ice had been shattered in places, steel had been twisted, and cracks could be found by someone observant enough. And I'm a sniper. I'm paid to be observant.

With the practiced movements of a master assassin, Nika grabbed his rifle and aimed at the closest crack in the gate. The lightstone, charged with electricity enough to make any unfortunate target regret being born for longer than the Vortixx cared think about, smashed against the flaw, and in a blinding burst of energy and crystal (sure to get the Guards' attention; must move fast now), blew apart a hole big enough for the mercenary to aim through. He briefly considered attempting to widen the opening, but given the limited number of lightstones that he had on his person (though he could easily procure more amongst the rubble), he didn't want to waste the ammo.

Instead, he knelt by the hole and, reloading his rifle, propped the weapon up into the opening, and peered into the scope.

Looking for his next target.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC- Captain Korzaa

Korzaa scowled as she sized up her foe. This Vortixx, if she was allied with the invaders, was doing a very bad job of it, splitting up from her allies and noisily rushing about. She also was remarkably willing to drop her weapons and surrender. Even if she was here to kidnap or hurt Korzaa, it seemed like a redundant plot with the firepower her hypothetical allies had.

Still, just because Korzaa didn’t expect an attack didn’t mean it wasn’t coming.

“I am not yet ready to give up on my village,” the captain stated stubbornly, not moving her spear, “I am not yet ready to lose hope.”

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC (Jin)

See, that's the problem with all these heroic types: they seem to solely dedicate themselves to acting stupid. Any half-sane person would leap at the chance to get out of Ko alive. Whatever. Dealing with heroes is just a part of life.

"I understand that," I said. "And I'm not asking you to give up hope. I'm asking you to keep hope alive by living to fight another day."

IC: Agrona

Agrona, as she scaled the steps into the blown out door, shifted her song to something a little colder. The insects that attacked her fellow Lesterin left him, flying to land on and follow her behind her fellow light-fellers.

IC: Pae

Pae skidded up the steps, slamming his foot against the wall before pushing hard, launching him into the halls. He turned again, skidding. Every stage of his choices was all about playing back or ahead. His hands went up, and more iron walls blocked the stair case. This time, they were rather thin, but there was now multiples of them - about a foot apart from each other layered up the steps. A single explosion might not do to get through each layer even if as individuals they were weaker.

He took a moment to wipe the blood that ran down his face as he turned. This wasn't going to work. At least one of Echelon's friends would make their way up the steps, blasting through his shoddy defenses. Without taking his eyes off the iron screens Pae addressed the guards, "Collect your strength."

The Toa of iron placed one final iron wall up in the hallway and took six paces back from it. In his hand materialized a long metal pike. He was rather low in elemental energy now, and bided his future options accordingly.

The moment the final wall was destroyed, Pae would send the spear through it, piercing whoever was in the hallway clean through. That was the plan at least. Pae knew planning against Legacy members required a certain level of improvisation.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Dahkapa (Near the Main gates)

Stop being suicidal and listen to Jaatava.

No. It is my Duty to defend the homes of my people. If it is my Destiny to die while doing so, then so be it.

Shouldn't you help the Sactum Guard evacuate the populace? Destroyed homes can be rebuilt, but lost souls cannot be returned.

I will not run. I'm a Toa now.

Does that mean you must be suicidal? There is no way you can fight against a dozen foes and survive.

... Shut up.

His anger made him feel reinvigorated. He focused, he could feel elemental energy running through his veins again. But he had to sacrifice rational thought for that.

As Brontes attacked the newly arrived berserker, he ran towards Zekev and Weiss. He used his dwindling amount of elemental energy to create ice around Zekev's eyes. He was blinded for only a few seconds before he simply melted the ice with his laser vision, but that was all he needed. He stopped a mere step away from him, raised his hammer as if ready to strike with it, but instead tried to punch Zekev suddenly with his metal shield.

OoC: And no, he didn't notice what Joskander was doing..

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Oh Ak'Rei'An, I just want to get out of here and into the warm flames already!

"Grandmaster! These heathens are being-annoying! Yeah, they're very annoying!"

The fallen Toa got up charged me. Stubborn Toa is stubborn.

Although, he is going shoulder-first...

I quickly hopped to the left and stuck my leg out to trip him. He was shoulder slamming, so he should be unable to see that.

Ice suddenly started to form around my ice. Have I mentioned that ice in your ice, er, eyes, suck?

I launched lasers to blast the ice out and saw the zealot(ha! Coming from a cult member) about to hammer my body into a messy pulp on the floor.

Needless, to say, that would suck, so I raised my shield up, foot still sticking out. Then the shield hit my stomach.

Well, it tried to. My electro-blade, still attached to my right arm, was still there. I pushed against it with my weak arm(ouch my shoulder!) against the shield, but the impact sent me reeling backwards.

"Brothers! A little help here!" I shouted as I tried to regain my breath. The rushing Toa was still coming, so I stuck my foot out as I shifted to the side. Since he's shoulder charging, he shouldn't be able to see that.

IC: (Rakona)

With her whip cracking, Rakona went to help Zekev. Her Grandmaster looked upon the scene with a kind of quiet concern. "Go back, heathen!"

OOC: Norik, you may bunny Rakona until Sunday, and only Rakona. I ask you to play her as a separate character, and not an NPC.

OOC:  From Kini-Nui

IC: 'Ahkmou', Ko-Koro via Dark Walk

The wind of Ko-Wahi was a free spirit, young and fresh from the Western Sea, and unused to carrying the sounds of war.  The battle cries, the clashing steel, the cracking of long-frozen ice; it had not carried such horror since the darkest days of Makuta's reign.  And wind, the most fickle of elements, did not like its burden.  It tried to cast off the sounds by throwing them at the mountains, but all it achieved was horrible echoes.  The cacophony shuddered the snows to the North, and in a few places the ancient mountains retaliated as they always had with an avalanche.  The silence of the falling snow and rock made the winds happy: here was the peace and fickle truth of life, where nature was always in motion, always finding resolution to the barbarism of the two-legged plague infesting it.  

Ishi Polzin ascended into the biting wind quick as his tired dikapi would allow.  Exiting the Dark Walk he blinked and Urugi shook its avian head.  The light was nearly blinding.  They'd made it safely through the vile tunnels alone and unguarded.  Ishi couldn't say the same for the second dikapi that'd been with them.  The bird was for transporting cargo, but it fell down a ravine in a sudden ambush by rahi and left Ishi without food or water for a day.  Alone and in the dark, Ishi and Urugi had formed a certain bond of fellowship forged through fear of the unknown.  He reached down and gave the bird a pat on its metallic neck, felt where the feathers grew from the inorganic plates.  

"We made it...  Almost," Ishi Polzin said, then squaring his shoulders gave a flick of the reins and the two set off into the snows.

Between the Dark Walk and the City of Winter was a small rise.  They made slow progress.  The dikapi was a desert bird, and its feet sank deeper into the snows than it would if the landscape had been dunes.  Ishi shivered, missing the mangled coat of lava-eel scales tied in a bundle on the back of the saddle.  At the top the matoran of stone looked down at the origin of the sounds he'd heard echoing in the tunnels and tearing across the winds from the West.  His markedly strange eye followed the trail of destruction from the bloodied field in front of the glacier village to the gates, pieces of metal from the twisted remains dotting the landscape from where they'd flown outwards as if by an explosion.  From there he could trace the debris into the city a small way, and then it vanished into the glacier.  However, the powder of snow drifting from above the village was testament to the great conflict within. 

He sighed, realizing the timing had been perfect.  Somehow, his misadventures with Joske Nimil had placed him at the ending line of the conflict, as a scavenger rather than a fighter.  Ishi Polzin enjoyed the increased change of survival it brought.  "And the secrets must be high as the corpses"

There was still a fight at the gates, although the Informant could easily tell the defenders were outmatched by the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, pulling back to try and save what parts of the village they could.  Taking the main gate was still a dangerous route, but Ishi knew another way.  With a pull of the reins they set off at a jaunt down the right side of the slope, careful to not stray near the fighting in case someone with exceptionally keen eyes decided to set their blood lust on him.  He kept right, taking another rise until the village was out of sight.  Despite his inability to see he could still hear the echoes.  They cut through a valley, and then climbed the mountain as snow began to fall, at first fleeting, but by the time they reached his goal the white fluff was nearly blinding and he saw a spear before he saw hope.

"Halt! Name and purpose!"  Came the voice quickly attached to a standing ko-matoran guard, Sanctum shield and spear the apparent weapons.  His voice was filled with the fear and uncertainty of someone stationed away from a conflict and without clear orders.  

Ishi Polzin leaned down in his saddle, letting the guard get a good view of his kaukau and one of his mutilated hands.  "I'm trying to get to the hospital.  I heard there was a doctor who could help with this sort of thing that resides there."

The guard paused, eyes narrowing as he judged the situation, than lowered his spear.  "You came at a bad time then, but yes, Dr. Gabel is supposed to be good with restoring limbs.  Take the Academy path, just ahead.  It'll be safer to be in the complex, where guards can watch you.  I'm sorry, but this is a state of emergency; we're not taking any chances."

Ishi nodded slowly and sent Urugi forward, the bird trotting underneath a great arch three times their combined height.  The Nuju-Marion Research Academy and Hospital was built as a tiered bastion for education and health, taking up two steppes on the mountainside.  The lower was occupied by the Academy, its squared walls surrounding the inner classrooms and library.  A great bell tower pierced the afternoon with the mournful sounds of alarm.  They crossed the courtyard slowly, and the guards raced about the open space, carrying objects usable for sealing and bracing the main gate.  Chance or luck?  Ishi wondered and dismounted, leading Urugi the rest of the way on foot.  

Connecting the academy to the hospital was a wide stairway paved with the same hexagonal flagstones as the rest of the complex.  It wound up the plateau to an underpass that exited at another smaller courtyard.  A small squad of guardsmen rushed past, their armor clattering in the cold, and went in the direction of the hospital's main door.  Ishi let them pass, taking a few moments to rub his gnarled stubs against his mount's ribs, hoping to remove the dull ache.  Cold, he'd learned, was a terrible thing for scars.  He looked back down the stairwell and through the circular underpass he'd just come from and could barely make out the bell tower below.  The snow was beginning to lessen, and that was a bad sign.  Immediate action became necessary.

Ishi Polzin ran quickly across the courtyard, glad the commotion inside the hospital drew the general attention.  There was the sound of crashing, but the falling snows dampened the echoes.  With luck his own footsteps would be nothing more than ambient sound.  He found the entrance to the side tunnel quick enough: he'd taken it twice already after all and the disguised bit of wall hiding it from general view was practically a red flag to him now.  Inside were a pair of guards, their heated conversation broken at his arrival.

"Who-" the first one began, but Ishi was already in action and bull-rushing.  Up close, where he could position his hands and cast a shadow on the guard's torso, he concentrated and a lance of darkness punched through their chest.  His left hand clasped around the guard's mouth, stopping the scream while slamming the lower jaw back into the throat.  The next guard was dispatched by ducking under the spear thrust from behind, performing a pivot, and bringing a black blade across her from mid-section to forehead.  Ishi Polzin caught the dead woman's fall in his arms, carefully eased her to the ground, and took a deep breath.  Then scrounged for what he could use.  The first thing he took was the man's patero launcher and ammunition, followed by a few widgets, a shield, a bottle of distilled liquor, and then a page from the woman's log book.  Reaching into his bag he rummaged around and found the final touch: a match.  Sufficiently armed he padded down the tunnel until the gate was in sight.  A group of guards were staring at him through the bars as he approached, their faces already set in the hard lines of combat readiness.

"I hope you're thirsty!" Ishi cried as he lit the match, ducking and weaving as the first salvo burst toward him and rattled against the stolen shield.  He hunkered down, slamming the circular defense into the hard snow of the tunnel between the floor and the wall and crouching behind it as he brought the match and hastily contrived explosive together.  The paper caught the small flame, started to curl and burn.  The first salvo ended and Ishi popped up on a knee, took quick aim, and threw.  

The fire did its job.  What didn't die, ran to put out the burns.

Urugi hadn't fared as well.  The bird was bleeding and its wing was broken, and Ishi finished what the guards had started with a quick swipe of his shadowy powers.  Shouldering the bag from behind the saddle he cranked the lever for the portcullis by kicking it in slow circles, than rushed through before it slammed closed again.  Before he could get a firm grip of the situation a guard tackled him to the ground, a swift blow to the temple with the butt of a spear making his eyes water behind his kaukau.  Somehow, his vision didn't fade to black.  

"You piece of dung!"  The guard cried out, spun the handle around and thrust.  The blade pierced into the snow to the side of Ishi's moved head as a patero launcher's grape shot pounded at point blank range into the guard's chest.  

"Sorry, I was just born this way," Ishi commented as the guard died.  Shoving the corpse off his body he spun up on a knee, ready to face the next threat.  There wasn't one.  "Finally something goes according to plan."

With the weight of his stolen gear and the bundle on his back Ishi trudged into the village, sticking to the alleyways and following the trail of scared villagers whenever possible.  Nightfall's goal was the Citadel, but Ishi had other plans while the city of Ice fell to darkness.  As the theological war was carried out with death and destruction Ishi planned to visit a third party in the discussion of the gods.

He was off to visit an atheist.

OOC:  Norik, feel free to have Dervish spot Ishi, although I'm sure he looks quite different from the last time she saw him. :)

• Upvote 4

IC:

"I refuse," Jaaku growled back at Larikon, a quite-likely unexpected outburst from him. "You are wounded, and in no shape - at all - to go and fight yourself, even with your pet. You've got no chance of walking should something bad happen, and after the head wounds you suffered, I'm surprised you're even able to speak clearly now - let alone have any understanding of where you are and what you were doing." Jaaku stepped in front of Lutrez and Larikon, blocking them from moving forwards - not that Lutrez couldn't bowl him over and get around him, if Lutrez was so inclined.

"I'm staying with you - rather, you're staying with me. We're going to find a warm building where I can drag you in and keep you away from where you'll wound yourself more, and where I can have the discussion with you that I think is necessary. And I'm sorry, but in this case, you have no choice at all whether or not you comply. Not only will I be angry with you, but I do believe that Ak'rei'an would curse your bullheaded-ness if you went and got yourself killed. Understood?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Raaka (The Hospital, exterior)

Traversing the ice fields of Ko-Wahi was a personal Karzanhi for Raaka - endless expanses of white, the occasional Muaka, and his first view of civilization in this desolate region was this.

A dilapidated building, one side bearing a massive hole.

The Skakdi briefly wondered if there was even anybody inside. Activiating his thermal imaging vision, the snow and ice around him turned black - no heat. The building itself, a steady purple, and within, signatures of orange and green.

Life. Hopefully not another rahi.

Skirting around to the missing wall, Raaka could indeed see beings milling about inside. Approaching them, he discovered they were panicked, packing up as if about to flee.

Nosily curious, Raaka rested his hand on the jagged edge of the hole and stuck his head inside.

"What's going on here?" he said to no-one in particular, just generally curious.

IC: And now we have an unknown Skakdi checking out the hole in the wall...

Verulas, who caught the scarred warrior approaching in the corner of his eye, was slightly befuddled as to how he was able to get so close without being questioned by the rest of the group. He'd have to keep an eye out for him as well.

He turned his head slightly, still keeping the Toa of Crystal (who was slow to answer his question) in his sights.

"They're in the process of evacuation," he said, loud enough for the Skakdi to hear (hey, he asked). "In case you didn't hear the explosion, the gate of Ko-Koro has fallen. If you're here to help, help. If you're here to get paid, talk to Moneybags over here. He's the one with the coin," he said gesturing at Kellin. "And if you're here to get crazy," he continued, pointing once more towards the unconcious Ta-Matoran, and then the defeated Vortixx and the Titan. "Then I suggest you go and do that somewhere else."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

OOC: Right on it Kughs!

IC: Arabeth(Dervish), Greisk/Cyrena - [The Citadel]

The combatants glared at each other, one younger and determined, the other older and resigned to his actions.

Greisk caught Kohra giving the other members of Nightfall a knowing look. He knew what that meant. In a few seconds the doors would ex-

The doors exploded, debris flying everywhere.Arabeth spun around at the deafening sound and dodged a block of debris. She hurriedly turned back to the Toa of Magnetism.

Greisk stared into her eyes. He seemed to be telling her something.

He's telling me ti go, Arabeth realised.

This isn't her fight.

I know.

Greisk glanced up to the others ascending the steps and looked back at-

She's gone.

Nothing left for us here.

The Toa followed Agrona up the steps.

---

Arabeth gasped for breath as she into the city, Volitak activated. It certainly sucked to have to abandon a defenceless village to the attackers.

She looked around the city she may never see agai-

"Ishi!?" And there he was. He looked a lot more tired and haggard, but otherwise calm as if he knew this would happen.

The Hapaka always has a plan, you nitwit.

But the most telling change were his fingers, and they were... Were...

"Oh Mata Nui," for Ishi's fingers were now stumps.

She ran up and him and un-stealthed, following him into an alley.

"Ishi?" She called.

• Upvote 1