BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I swear, you'd think medical alcohol tasted just fine." The Vo-Toa remarked, raising her own glass in toast before taking another swallow. Idly, she drummed her fingers against the table. setting her drink back on the table. She glanced at the kitchen once, then rolled her eyes, looking back to her Captain.

"If that burger takes too long, I may have complaints."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Raknar exhaled quietly through his mouth and put his fingers down atop Song's to keep them from drumming on the table; her hands had always been quick, and the patter was like a series of hailstones on the wood. "When don't you have complaints?" Song looked up at him, her open grin almost playful.
"Hrm. I'll get back to you on that."
"Make it quick, or I'll leave you with the bill."
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Leaving the lady with the bill. What a brutish individual you are." The Vo-Toa snarked in amusement, taking another swallow from her drink, and kicking her feet up on the opposite seat, tapping a finger against the table once more.

IC:

"What do you mean?" Liara asked, taking a seat on the piano bench and quietly playing a short, simple melody on the instrument, the sound reverberating throughout the room. Her fingers moved lightly, seeming to make up a pattern as they went as she didn't bother looking at a sheet of music; instead, her gaze was fixed on the Ba-Toa, head slightly cocked in query.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Hm."

Tyrus looked this 'Tankone' character up and down, his ancient eyes missing nothing.

"If it's adventure you seek, with an order of monetary gain alongside it, then perhaps I could suggest seeking employment with the Ga-Koro Marines. I hear that they're looking for warriors amongst their ranks."

Suddenly, he smiled. "Unless you believe such an occupation is below your station."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"The Marine headquarters are the best place to sign up," Tyrus said, gesturing for Tankone to pass through the gates. "As for food, there are a number of fine establishments around these parts. Many tea houses, not to mention inns, taverns, and restaurants."

The Lesterin, with a smile that didn't reach beyond his mouth, added, "I've heard good about a certain venue, the, urm, the Great Takea, I believe."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: (J'Con)

The two stalked the edge of the beach for nearly an hour before reaching Naho Bay. The Kaukau-shaped rock and beautiful falls always managed to inspire a bit of awe in J'Con, but today he had no time for sight-seeing. He immediately began treading rhe water of the bay, wading into the depths with little hesitation, even as he became knee-deep, waist-deep, completely submerged in the bay. He beckoned for Syvra to do the same, though the Toa of plantlife would likely not be as accustomed to the water as J'Con. For one thing, J'Con did not float to the top of the tide, his powers over gravity keeping him anchored to the ground.

The further down they went, the more difficult it became to see the surface. Each of them were running low on oxygen, but just before they drowned, a rock outcropping became visible a few feet in front of them. J'Con raised his hands, and the rock rose, making visible a gap between the ground and the rpck that made up Naho Bay. For the moment, J'Con's elemental powers kept water from rushing in, but once the two were inside he released the rock and things returned to normal. Air was to be found abundantly in the hideout, and both Toa made use of it. Once the two had caught their breath, J'Con welcomed him.

"Welcome to my humble abode. Make yourself at home."

'Cove' had possibly been an innacurate description. The underwater cavern was spacious, and J'Con had managed to furnish it. Every sense was hit as Syvra looked around. Lightstones illuminated the cave, making it almost as bright as a naturally-lit room. The sound of running water was as serene as it was distant. The cove was kept at a cool temperature by ventilation that also provived needed oxygen. The smell of plantlife brought attention to the aquatic garden where J'Con was growing food for himself. Essentially, one could sustain themself for a good while in the hidden cavern.

"Time to get going, I suppose."

OOC: Some pretty significant bunnying, but nothing serious. Feel free to return the favor, I suppose.

IC: Syvra

Syvra merely let his eyes wander around the room. Soon they were brought back to J'con as he moved towards a convenient table in this room and laid out a map, a slender finger motioning towards po-wahi

"Somewhere in the northern penisula of po-wahi is where the brotherhood was attacked by po-koro and ga-koro forces. Likely the base is somewhere in this area, though it is a rather large area to cover, even with an iden."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Brutish individual, okay; since when have you been a lady?" Raknar asked. "That one's news to me."

"Playing with biases is convenient for a criminal."

"Oh, so now I'm a criminal too? As soon as we get back on the ship, I'm throwing you overboard. I thought we were close enough to bypass the 'petty insult' stage."

IC:

"I can't think of the last time I had to coax you to hang out, is all."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Somewhere from within the kitchen, Viloz' voice called out: "Orders up for the old married couple at table six!"

And a moment later the waitress, Rhow, appeared again with two plates loaded food. It wasn't elaborate or anything close to fine dining in terms of presentation. No, that was kept simple. But it did look ridiculously delicious.

Rhow had orginally been a bit worried that they would mostly spend the time as freelance mercenaries, keeping the shop for the time in-between missions and to have a roof overhead, but things had turned out in favour of the opposite. She guessed having a bunch of Skakdi-War vets who knew how to scrounge for anything edible in tough times meant once they got actual food supplies in their hands they knew how to achieve some great dishes with a handful of ingredients.

She served the plates to the Skakdi and Toa, then gave an amused growl. "Enjoy, lovebirds." before heading back to the bar.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Wilmor (The Great Takea)

Another tired drag fills my lungs with a sour aroma as I try very hard to determine whether or not the drink I'd just spilled makes a good enough reason to get some skull-cracking done before I leave. It's certainly a tantalizing prospect, but the long arm of the law wouldn't appreciate it, and I'm not feeling particularly ticklish today.

Even moreso, getting on Rhow's bad side is generally a terrible idea, something I was (un?)fortunate enough to learn the hard way.

So I attempt to pass the time by studying the other patrons, skating right past the newest arrivals to try and dissect a Vortixx in the corner. At a glance he just looks tired, but look deeper and you see a man with a soul crushed by a harsh and unforgiving world, his spirit sucked dry of any trace of strength.

Pitiful. Someone oughta give him a pat on the back.

In the meantime, yours truly is going to look around for a more permanent position.

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: (Ryiu)

I think I had one of those hay fevers at the time- the kind of thing you usually catch during treks through Le-Koroan jungle. As a forest dweller, it wasn't often I naturally caught an illness like this, not even factoring in Akrainid immunities. Alcohol, though mostly ineffective on said immunities, still helped me through this kind of thing. And so I sat, downing more and more drinks. Wearing my usual immaculate white suit, I was the best dressed lizard in the whole bar, but one thing kept running through my mind: I wanted to run away.

I wanted to join the crew of a ship.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"I called myself a criminal, you dolt." The Vo-Toa replied, giving an amused nod of thanks to the Skakdi server as their food arrived. She set her drink down and took a large bite, nodding appreciatively after a moment.

"Now that's a good burger."

IC:

"..." For a long few moments, the doctor kept playing in silence, the melody dancing about wherever it pleased, winding through the ascent and descent of the notes, and ending on an almost sad press of the key. She carefully slid the wooden cover back down over the keys, taking another sip from her coffee; It was cold now, she realized, and with a frown she set it back down.

"Sometimes things change, when people have been away a while."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

IC: Taoki - Ga-Koro - The Great Takea

A softened thump sounded beneath the floorboards of the Great Takea. The sound of the muffled explosion was quickly followed by a muffled groan.

Taoki sat up. All over his face was dirt, grime, oil, and now ashes. He let out another groan as he lifted the white goggles up onto his forehead, revealing his eyes which were the only part of him that wasn't covered in explosive residue. The runt coughed into his arm - gotta be polite and conscientious of germs (stop the spread of infection friends!) - as he stood up. The Skakdi ran through a quick mental checklist.

Legs? Check. Torso? Check. Internal organs still working? Check. Life span remaining above average? Debatable. He'd inhaled a lot of explosive powder in the last few months, and his lungs were probably ready to collapse forever.

Oh well. He'd cross that bridge when he got to it.

He suddenly realized that Rhow likely heard this newest accident, and that if she had, he'd be getting a visit from her to make sure he wasn't

a) dead

b) scaring away customers

c) killing customers

Taoki, the Skakdi inventor sat cross-legged. He hummed a little tune, a butterfly knife in one hand keeping the beat as he thought.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"... I have nothing clever for that." Song replied after a long pause, electing to take another bite of her burger and chase it with a swallow of whiskey instead of snark. Her eyes panned across the room, briefly alighting on the suit-wearing being, if only because of how out of place he seemed to be. A few other beings stood out, and she was pretty sure she heard an explosion, but her expression didn't change.

She had food, and she had drink. Nothing would interrupt that for her.

fK5oqYf.jpg

hiIC: Viloz

Somehow, someway, Viloz had learned how to cook. 

Maybe it was hours upon hours of trial and error, of learning through repetition. Maybe he was fed up of single handedly turning the Great Takea into Kitchen Nightmares. Or maybe Rhow just scared him.

Whatever it was, it led him to a brief moment of pride as he looked down upon two plates of simple, yet delicious, mouth-watering food. Before he could even think of shedding a figurative tear, he swooped up the plates and placed them on the counter, saying: "Orders up for the old married couple at table six!", before sauntering back into the kitchen.

He began boiling another pot of water shortly after, when suddenly, a distinct thump he knew all too well resonated beneath the floorboards, causing the water to tremble slightly. Oh good. In his usual manner of checking up on the place, he peeked his head out of the kitchen.

"I bet you seventy widgets he blows this place up before I burn it to the ground." he mumbled, stepping beside Rhow. "You wanna check up on him while I hold the fort?"

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

les poissons, les poissons, how I love les poissons

love to chop and to serve little fish

first I cut off their heads, then I pull out the bones--

a mes oui, ça c'est toujours delish

Iraanus' blade met the counter with a sharp thwack.

first you pound the fish flat with a mallet,

then you slash through the skin, give the belly a slice,

then you rub some salt in 'cause that makes it taste nice

He rather wished that this particular victim of his knife were a Makuta-worshipper rather than a Ruki.

Edited by Baltarc
  • Upvote 1

Q2TtLEz.png

IC (Rhow):

"You read my mind, Viloz." Rhow grumbled, whiping her claws dry on a dishrag, then making her way through a door with a sign 'employees only'. Below were several crude drawings, depicting what would happen to any trespassers. She wasn't quite sure who's handywork it was though. As she made her way downstairs, the smell of smoke and explosives got more intense. 

She hesitated for a second before opening the door, finding Taoki sitting, looking like an expressionist artwork. "You quite done wrecking the place?" she asked, grumbling.

• Upvote 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Raknar grinned widely and took a massive bite from his burger.

IC:

While they spoke, Akiri Hahli was scribbling out a quick message on a small scrap of paper, which she rolled up tightly with two fingers before looking back up to Treize and her charge. She banged her fist once on the table and called for Eutuchia to give this to Naria, with the express idea that she'd know what to do with it; the secretary scurried in, nodded, grabbed the message and departed. Hahli's gaze drifted along her desk before settling back on the Marines.

"Captain, I'm sorry if it feels like I'm ushering you out, but if you've decided on a course of action and that's all..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

A few short minutes later, Eutuchia came up to Naria where she was currently relaxing, off-duty, at the Marine HQ. He had a bag with a couple bottles of wine in it, and Naria, wondering what on Earth Eutuchia could be doing outside of his quarter of Hahli's office during the day with a couple bottles of wine, raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Since when do you drink, Eutuchia?" she asked, poking fun at the secretary. He frowned, putting one hand to his chin, seemingly deep in thought.

"Never, as far as I can remember," he said after a moment, before handing over the bag with the bottles. "Hahli wants you to take these to Kongu. Take as long as you like doing it; it's my opinion that you need a vacation and Hahli probably agrees."

Naria jumped up, taking the bag - and her various items she had with her - already ready to leave. "Then I suppose I'll see you later, Eutuchia, and don't let Hahli get herself killed while I'm gone." Finally, an opportunity to make a trip to Le-Koro. She'd been completely unable to over the course of...

How many years had it been, anyways?

After a moment grabbing a few other things and then arguing with the guards at the gate as to why they shouldn't be so paranoid and yes, they could trust her, she was just carrying something for Hahli and no, there were no high explosives or anything and one instance of "I can't believe you people, you're worse than Ta-Matoran!", she finally managed to leave.

OOC: Naria to Le-Wahi.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Mobile. No formatting.

Back on a computer again!

IC: Taoki - Ga-Koro - The Great Takea

Taoki pretended not to hear her question. He instead stretched out his arms, "I'm so close!" He exclaimed, "Just look at it Rhow! It's incredible isn't it?"

On the other side of the submerged basement stood what would look like to anyone else just heaps of metal covered in burn marks and clear signs of damage. Likely intentional. It was a Rahkshi corpse, and it was hanging against the wall by crude hooks.

On second thought it might look less like metal scraps and more like some form of crucifixion.

Taoki's excited tone suddenly became filled with wonder,
"Isn't it?"

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Wilmor (Great Takea)

Herm, looks like things are settling down again, even though that bang earlier certainly put a nice spin on things. Not to worry though, I'm sure I'll be bored again soon enough.

In an attempt to stave off the oncoming sensation I order a plate of the establishment's seafood special. These Skakdi are almost magical, good company for a fight and they make great food, what more can a guy ask for?

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Viloz

"Seafood special coming right up." Viloz said, scribbling down Wilmor's order on a small notepad. With a turn of his heel, he headed back to the kitchen and placed the little piece of paper on the counter near Iraanus.

"Rhow went downstairs to make sure Taoki's not dead, so I'm taking over for her." he explained. "Cover my station for a few minutes?"

IC: The Seventh

"Eh, cop guy?"

IC: Darien

Darien finally looked up from his iStone. "Sorry, I was filing the incident report. His punishment will be decided by the higher ups, I just bring them in. Most likely he'll serve some time, maybe do some community service, and that will be about it." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar