BIONICLE MAFIA X: DARKEST DAWN

Voltex

Day 4: Shadowhawk

“Here you are, Tex,” said Toarobot, handing a piece of paper to Voltex. “I managed to reactivate the VDAMMA for this voting session, and the votes are in.”

“Thanks,” Voltex said, waving him away. “Well, Lhikevikk, look at that. Shadowhawk confesses as a traitor and the good Matoran of this group lynch him. Sometimes I think we’re smarter than we give ourselves credit for, but then I remember that we’re actually not.”

“I think even I would be hard pressed to say that Shadowhawk isn’t guilty,” Lhikevikk agreed. “What clued you in?”

“The names on his arm... and the fact that he refused to share them with me.”

Voltex looked over the area – the entire group had found each other and taken shelter in a graveyard with a rather ghostly hot tub in it. Voltex had temporarily set free the ghosts of everyone who had died so far, and they were all relaxing in the hot tub (to which they were somehow confined). Some vague section of Voltex’s mind recognized the fact that the hot tub had been a precursor to the Chattering Corpse Heap, but he had more important things on his mind.

“Voltex! Hey Voltex!” Durandal called. “Come over here, we found something!”

Voltex glanced over to the voice; Durandal, Tyler Durden, Baltarc and Pulse were all examining many sheets of paper.

“They are reading pieces of paper,” Lhikevikk noted as they walked over. “How does paper not burn instantly?”

“We found it in this safe,” said Tyler Durden. “It was marked ‘super secret plans’, and it was incredibly easy to break into.”

“Wait, I know that safe!” Voltex said. “That’s mine! That’s... how did you get into that?”

“You wrote these?” Pulse asked. “Man, I knew you weren’t all there in the head, but this is a fully fledged multiple personality disorder you’ve got going here.”

“I do not,” Voltex protested. “Those are messages between Lloyd and I when we were working to defeat the Mafia together.”

“Oh...” Pulse said, trailing off awkwardly. “You mean, uh, the time I was like, the spokesperson for the Mafia?”

“Yeah, that time.”

The two stared at each other silently for a moment until Tyler Durden coughed.

“I hate to uh, break up this wonderfully awkward moment,” he said, “but I thought I should reassure your security skills. The safe had a giant crack in it, presumably from when it fell from the sky. We just busted it open to see what was inside.”

“Ah, good,” Voltex said, nodding. “Well, make sure those papers don’t get burned up.”

“Why?” Baltarc asked. “They don’t have any use.”

“Because Burnmad might get his hands on them, obviously,” Durandal said, crouching low. “It’s a conspiracy! He was working with the enemy! He could be planning our deaths right now!”

They all glanced over to Burnmad, who had apparently engaged the deceased Xaeraz in a debate regarding whether ghosts could bleed.

“Maybe, I guess,” Pulse finally said, “but it’s definitely Shadowhawk we should be worrying about right now.”

“No, not Shadowhawk,” Tyler Durden said. “He’s already dead. We need to worry about the Mysterious Figure – they’re still out there somewhere.”

“Well, I best be going,” Voltex said. “Some of the others were poking around the remains of Tower Valendale earlier; I’ve gotta make sure all the chaotic magic in that place doesn’t, you know, make things worse.”

“At this point, making things worse would make things better,” Baltarc muttered.

---

“I remember this!” Blade cried out as he and Zakaro heaved, pulling the massive stone tablet out of the rubble. “How and why is this not broken at all?”

“Is that what I think it is?” Zakaro asked.

“The secret number list?” Blade asked. “I think so, yeah.”

“Man, I hated that,” Zakaro muttered.

“You were one of the last two standing! You killed Lloyd!”

“And he killed me! The whole ordeal was pointless!” Zakaro snapped, “And your fault!”

“Yeah,” Blade said with a grin. “Fun times, eh?”

“Fun times where?” Voltex asked, walking over. “Oh, that’s here. I should’ve known.”

“That was nothing but torture,” said Zakaro.

“Says the one trying to organize it again,” Voltex shot back.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

“What’s up Tex?” Blade asked.

“I can’t stay to chat – I need to go stop those morons from messing with the ruins of Tower Valendale.”

---

Already done with the past returning to haunt him for eternity, Voltex regretfully arrived at the ruins of Tower Valendale with Lhikevikk, who whistled.

“Even destroyed, this place is pretty impressive,” the bird said.

“You should’ve seen it when it was still standing,” Voltex said. “We all knew that Valendale was a part of the Mafia, but it took us so long to work up the courage to face him that he managed to assume a new identity and blend in perfectly. And then he killed two of us when we fought him, and then he just vanished.”

“Ouch,” Lhikevikk said.

“That’s certainly one way of putting it. Now, where did those Matoran go?”

“Voltex!” Norik shouted, sprinting away from the ruins with perfect timing. “Shadowhawk just murdered Burnmad!”

“What? How?” Voltex asked. “I thought he was with Xaeraz....”

“I’m not quite sure, exactly, but Burnmad is pretty dead right now.”

“Curses!” Voltex cursed. “Show me where he is!”

Norik nodded and sprinted back the way he’d come, followed by Voltex and Lhikevikk. After a few minutes they reached Shadowhawk, who was being pinned down by Voxumo, RG, Onarax, and Canis. The body of Burnmad lay off to the side, a dagger in his chest.

“Don’t worry, I have a plan,” Voltex said. “Canis! Plot armor, now!”

“But it already saved me,” Canis said. “Shadowhawk tried to stab me first.”

“Oh,” Voltex said. “Well, that’s a problem. Hrmm... I have another idea!”

“I’m sure this one will be much better,” Lhikevikk said.

“Awhile back,” Voltex said, “After he’d died, Squishy, uh... somehow modified the voting. Now, I’m not gonna say who was in charge or anything, but hypothetically, let’s imagine that someone died who shouldn’t have and Squishy was then erased from existence.”

The others stared doubtfully at him, and Voltex sighed. “Basically, if we can get to whatever the Desolation’s version of Fortress Town is, there might be something in the town square that can help us revive Burnmad.”

“So Burnmad... isn’t dead?” Canis asked.

“Correct,” Voltex said. “Well, incorrect. He’s dead right now, but technically speaking, he isn’t dead? He shouldn’t be dead, so he won’t be dead. Judging from how we seem to be travelling back in time, I’d wager a guess that Fortress Town is going to be our next stop... and possibly the next location of a murder, but that’s if the traitors are patient.”

Burnmad Death Count: 5 or 6 in the Darkest Days Trilogy and growing.

“As for you,” Voltex said, turning to Shadowhawk, “I’m gonna – wait, where did he go?!”

“What the-” Canis broke off, confused. “How did... huh?”

“Why are you guys suddenly pinning me to the ground?” Norik asked.

“Lhikevikk?” Voltex asked.

“I was admiring Burnmad’s bleeding corpse, sorry,” said the bird. “But I would assume that Shadowhawk is probably dead anyway?”

---

Shadowhawk sprinted out of the ruins, only to run right into Punished Snake, JL and X.

“Oh, uh, hey guys, what’s up?” he asked. “We just lynched Burnmad, so... no need to... guys? No!”

A second later Punished Snake, JL and X finished aiming X’s new invention, the Rainbow Shooter 5000, and fired. A burst of rainbow struck Shadowhawk and he exploded (into rainbows, duh).

Shadowhawk (Traitor) lynched.

“Niiiiiice,” X said. “I am totally on a roll right now.”

“Weren’t you travelling with him for awhile?” Punished Snake asked.

“I am totally lucky,” X corrected. “Extremely lucky.”

All roles pm!

The Mysterious Figure is now vulnerable to DEATH.

Also, just to note: Burnmad is NOT ACTUALLY DEAD. But there is a death counter that must continue to rise. Burnmad knows the actual number of times he's died in this trilogy. I estimated!

If the Mysterious Figure is vulnerable to death, the Ghost is also dead.

Just reminding people.

Also, the Plague Doctor is still alive.

Edited by Pulsating Explosive

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

.. but.. that means

we already killed the Ghost.. O.o

wut

um

SUSPECIOUSNESS TIMES

it could be, for all we know:

Unit

ShadowVezon

Valendale

Man of Miracles

Sinclair

Chro

6 people.. only one is the Ghost

topic-digging time! brb

EDIT: i have full reason to believe that it's either Valendale or Chro.

Unit is the closest third, but most haven't posted either at all or mentioning names in a while, in which case I doubt we have to worry all that much about them.

But I do fully believe in Valendale over Chro, for many main reasons, one being that a Turaga is trusting Chro, and another being that he was killed by Traitors. However, he did rationalize that it wouldn't be smart for the Traitors to have killed the Ghost themselves, which could be just what he wants us to think. BUUUT, an even greater reason for it to be Valendale was A) He went willingly to his death and B) Exhibit #824. Highly suspicious, in my opinion, and contains a phrase very easy to work into things. 'And that's why _____.'

Other notes: Unit & Chro were killed by the Traitors, while others were Turaga-weapon'd or lynched.

Continuing detecting work.

Zakaro

Edited by ZakarOh!

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

All I want is for us to reach Ta-Koro by the time the journey is done.

I STARTED THIS LONG JOURNEY I WANT TO SEE IT END THE SAME WAY

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Ghost, come on and kill me. I dare you.

The mafia might have killed their own ghost to get us to think the ghost is innocent, in an attempt to deceive us. The Plague Doctor and Mysterious Figure remain.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

All I want is for us to reach Ta-Koro by the time the journey is done.

I STARTED THIS LONG JOURNEY I WANT TO SEE IT END THE SAME WAY

I think we might have bypassed Ta-Koro...

>.>

<.<

Maybe. We could always make an extra stop before Fortress Town, it just means Burnmad has to be dead-but-not-dead longer.

More possible evidence. Valendale talks a lot about daggers, perhaps that's more related to the phrase?

@ Cryo: Any particular reason?

:w:

I figured I answer this now.

I just feel daggers are too cowardly a weapon. Most of the time, you're just running up and stabbing your enemy in the back. I mean, what's with that?

And I'd like ask the Turaga to keep sending out weapons. That is, if those weapons are good weapons like Axes, Hammers, Bows, Gatling Guns, or even staffs. Just don't send out daggers.

alright I'm done

kthnx

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Wait a second.. if the mysterious figure is vulnerable.. that means one of the matoran we killed was the ghost.. i wonder who..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I feel like the mafia is in a different time zone

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

"Who"'s in the Mafia? "Who" isn't a Doctor, is he?

All right, terrible joke, I know.

Also, everyone who wanted a 0.3 place has one. All 15.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"