Bzprpg - Onu-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Tarnok"I don't think you understand." Tarnok's eyes gleamed, as he uncrossed his arms. "You are performing some very illegal acts, in the village I have sworn to protect. I don't care if you're Mata Nui himself, you go through properly channels.""In the name of the Ussalry, I order you to stand down. If you don't, I will use force."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: TarnokAs a Toa, Kaithas was significantly taller than Tarnok, which required him to bend over to slap on the gas mask. When he did so, Tarnok took the chance to slam his fist into the Toa's gut, catching him off guard.He threw the gas mask aside. "Fool. Valerian is a dietary supplement, not an inhalant."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Ferron"Fine, you can come, but be warned. You may die""I wasn't expecting anything less, hotshot" Ferron replied with a small smile creeping over his black Pakari.He followed behind Krell as the Toa of something something-fire approached the (presumably) Ta-Matoran still pinned to the wall.When asked who he was, the Matoran responded with a lifeless laughter.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC-Iulius:"Sergeant Tarnok here speaks the truth," a Toa of Sonics said, his voice carrying than should be expected. "Judging from what you have done, I assume that you plan that for a sedative, no? In actuality, the Valerian plant's flowers carry only a sweet smell, that the essence of which would be used in some perfumes. The roots, however, can act as a sedative, if properly prepared." The hearty Toa soon caught up, beaming his smile around the group."And, as Tarnok has said, any fighting in this Koro is illegal-especially after what happened with Sulov and...welll, really, it was Mussiki's fault, but eh. Who really cares there? All we know is that this town isn't as much fun anymore," he said with a big grin, winking at Tarnok. "But yes, we don't condone fighting-as Sergeant Tarnok told you, there are proper channels for this kind of thing. One of them would be through him up to me, which I would have favored more, instead of you arguing with him." He shrugged."Now, however, I wish to know: May I ask just what the problem is, today?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Krell"I asked you..." I said, my voice still soft."A QUESTION!" I roared, slamming my fist inches from the Matoran's face. The red-armored being didn't seem so confident anymore. A few people who had gathered around, back away a step. "I missed," I stated to the twisted being, my voice soft again "I won't the next time."IC: NPCThe Parakuka latched being's eyes grew wide for a moment. No matter how twisted he was, the being was still a matoran at heart. "D-d-dretan..." he said, fear beginning to grow inside of him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:Rewera didn't react in the way Ravage expected at all. "It usually isn't." she replied, as they continued to crawl through the ventilation-shaft, revealing to her companion that she probably had some experience in that field of activities as well. Eventually, the came to another grate. Rewera tested it by pushing against it gently."This one's loose too. We're definitely not the first ones to come this way." she said. She lifted the grate further up before closing her fingers around the edge of the opening and pulling herself forward. She glance around the area, a small tunnel leading into the main-part of the great mine."Looks clear." she whispered to Ravage over her shoulder. "I'll go first. Keep an eye out for me - and no staring from behind."She tucked her legs in and under herself, before sliding them forward and dropping out of the opening. She landed gracefully on all fours, agile like a cat and took another quick look around to make sure nobody noticed the intruders. Then she waved at Ravage to follow her.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: FerronFerron was growing every wary of the crowd that had gathered around them, they were attracting too much attention this way.He put a hand on Krell's shoulder "we're attracting too much attention kid, we should take this somewhere more private"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: RavageRavage bristled slightly at the remark.He dropped silently into the tunnel below, shooting Rewera an amused glare when he landed. "And what was that supposed to mean, hmm?"He stood on his hind legs, as such a posture was more suited to the situation than his normal one. It made it easier to navigate and search the cave when he wasn't at a height far below the beings it was designed for.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: How on Mata Nui did they recognize that plant? It's a variant, one that has different blooms due to it having a different effect.IC: OOF. "You think I would use a NORMAL valerian." Besides, the blooms are a distraction. Seeing the others approach, I turned. "These nice friendly folks in the valerian patch are attempting to, well," I leaned toward Iulius and whispered. "take away toa powers." I leaned away and spoke normally once more. "And they stole some axes, beat up a matoran, and a few more felonies."OOC: Last IC until Constructman can react.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: FerronFerron ripped the metal bond off, catching the Matoran with his other hand. After some 30 seconds had passed, Ferron had rigged a buckle (albeit, a very crude one) that let him carry the Matoran safely secured on his back."Let's get to where you dumped that unconscious Toa, maybe he's still there"

Edited by Kopakamidak

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Just because it's a variant, doesn't mean it wouldn't be recognized. Especially when you consider that the two people who recognized it are military members, at least one of which has travelled to pretty much every Koro. And the fact that they would be quite familiar with its effects.IC: Tarnok"I've got news for you."Tarnok stated, stepping forward, and swinging another punch toward the Toa's gut. With his strength, a successful fit would cause him to double up reflexively."You go to the military with that information. You took the law into your own hands, and became the aggressor. You are just as guilty as them."The Matoran had little respect for people such as this, people who believed just because they were Toa they should have free rein. It was one thing to defend yourself. It was quite another to take the law into your own hands, and put civilians at risk because of it.OOC: And the valerian thing? Still wouldn't work. It's a relatively open area, and from your own posts, we know a window in the building was open. Any effect would disperse before it did anything.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Again, the blooms aren't exactly the POINT of this. It's to distract Zharuk in particular from what is really going on.IC: Tarnok had telegraphed his move, and instead of taking another punch I teleported two feet to the right. Blocking with my sword had crossed my mind, but making an Ussalry member's hand swell to the biggest beesting like thing he'd ever had was not the best way to win friends. "LOOK. We barely manged to ambush them as it was, and the army parading down through here would have given them time to escape." The vines twisted together, starting to form a thick cage around the mobsters. The blooms were opening ever so slowly...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Tarnok"Don't even bother with justifications." Tarnok stated, advancing. "Stand down, right now, or I will take you in by force. End of story, no negotiations, no do overs."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: NidiakNidiak drew his axe and pointed it at Tarnok. "If I encased your head in metal, do you think any of your friends would notice? Because I would really like to do that now. We're a Toa team, you stupid twat. We're supposed to run around punching evil people in the face."

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227

IC: "Nidiak, not helping." I sighed, the sound communicating days of running, fighting, and training without rest. "Look, we're ticked with law enforcement right now because they kicked us out of a village for defending ourselves and saving numberless civilian lives. I can't stop it anyway."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Rewera had sneaked towards a pile of boxes near the opening of the small tunnel. "I think you know." she replied calmly, but with a hint of a grin, surveying the mine. The whole construct was huge, an enormous cavern with multiple levels. Tools at work were echoing in the air. But there were other sounds as well, cargo elevators, for example.Rewera indicated the scaffolding of one of them, anchored to the wall. "I'd say that's our ride."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: TarnokTarnok's eyes flared.When he spoke, his voice was an authoritative growl, a tone that made the beings before him take heed of his words, despite his stature. "You are not a Toa team.""Does a Toa team threaten a local law keeper? Does a Toa team take matters into their own hands, endangering countless innocents in the process? Does a Toa team wreck an entire square in Ga-Koro, causing almost as many casualties as they prevented?""You aren't a Toa team. You aren't even Toa." The Onu-Matoran pointed at Nidiak's heart. "It isn't the powers or shiny masks that make you a Toa, it's what is in there!""Take away your powers, and you are nothing."IC: RavageRavage rolled his eyes, and glanced at the point Rewera was referring to. "That very well could be."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: KrellI glanced at the gathered beings, and most backed off uncomfortable at my stare. "Sounds good," I said, turning back to Ferron. without another word, I started through the massive cavern, making my way back the way we had entered. I glanced back occasinally, making sure that both Zuria and Ferron were following.I didn't expect Zuria to go anywhere soon, but it was Ferron that I was checking on. The Toa of Iron had gained my respect, fighting off the Parakuka latched being, but I still didn't completely trust him. Oh yeah, that was another thing, I knew what caused the Matoran to be so powerful. Oh yes, weren't those pleasent memories. So, basically its a slug, it latches onto the host's spinal column, feeding off their life energies. It gives them a boost in physical abilities, but at the cost of their normal powers.As a Toa of Sonics had told me. His name was Kuhrin, it was his lab inside the caves, the one where we were ambushed. Kuhrin. I remembered him quite well. Mahiki, tall, rusted armor like mine. Yes, Kuhrin was going to die. And I would be the one to kill him.I didn;t doubt it for a second.OOC: Wotz, I sowwy. :c But Kuhrin has to die.Oh yes. :evilgrin:

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: I nearly punched the Matoran right there, but I showed more restraint than he had. "We may be accident prone, but do true toa stand by while Matoran are slaughtered for fear of damaging buildings? Nidiak here is a bit new to this. And blunt." I threw a glance at Nidiak, silently urging him to be quiet. "Besides, why does local law enforcement go around punching people in the stomach?"

Edited by Toa Kaithas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Tarnok"You were warned multiple times. In fact, had you listened the first time, this whole incident may have been avoided." Tarnok's eyes narrowed."Rushing blindly in witha desire to help does not a Toa make. Countless fools do so and die before they ever accomplish anything." The Onu-Matoran shifted his stance. "A true hero does not believe he is one. Most heroes die alone and forgotten, the populace never knowing what they did.""You are not Toa. Any of you. A true Toa is defined by himself, not by his accomplishments, his powers or his mask. A true Toa doesn't need any of them." He looked them in the eye, completely undaunted. "You hide behind them, rely on them to put up a powerful facade.""The fact is, without them, you couldn't stop a bug, let alone me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Tarnok"No, you don't. You have the memories, I am sure. But you don't remember what it was like to be a Matoran. If you did, you would look at your own actions in a whole new light.""Ulyism is right." Tarnok said, briefly glancing at the Iroiit behind him. "You put far too many people in danger."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: my anger broke through, voice ice cold, but threatening to explode. "I have seen more death and destruction than you ever will. My team just got through burying about 50 frozen Matoran. And you don't have many 'options' when a lunatic is charging you, his fingers charged with lightning bolts. I have proof I handle things differently. I'm trying to contain this, back at the other fight my attacks were small ranging, and we probably lost because of that." I glared at him. "You don't know what it's like. Losing because of restraint, trying to protect people that fear and hate you. Living in a paper world."OOC: yeah, last line was kind of inspired by superman's cardboard world speech. On a side note, this gives an insight into Kaithas' personality.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: ZharukZharuk stood at the sidelines, watching the Maasi and the Ussalry arguing. FInally, he spoke up saying "Uh, sir, permission to leave? Or are we being taken into custody as well?" IC: MerlaThe toa of water just stood there, watching Kaithas's temper building. "Calm down," she said. "Getting mad won't help anything."OOC: Didn't expect that it would turn out like this. What happens to the plot now? The Maasi have got to get the axes somehow

OOC: Zharuk is on the middle of a vine cage. Try burning out, and we'll get the axes. Basically the only ways for them to escape involve smashing the cage in some way.IC: I looked taken aback. "Sorry.... Just been containing that for a long time."

Edited by Toa Kaithas

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Tarnok"No, you don't understand, you arrogant self centered piraka."Tarnok took a step forward, the spark of anger in his eyes igniting into a blaze. He seemed to grow in size, inflating with his rage. "I have seen more death than you can even imagine. Good people dying in stupid, pointless ways.""I was a miner. We didn't have Toa around to protect us, and that cost us when the beast attacked. We were slaughtered, massacred without a thought. I wouldn't be here, if a simple Matoran hadn't stepped up to the plate when fate dealt him his hand. He saved my life, and countless others by making sure that monster never harmed anyone else, ever again.""My squadron deputy lost his life protecting this village from a rogue Ko-Toa, one who would later go one to destroy the Ta-Koro hospital. A being so malicious most would have run rather than face him. A mere Matoran forced him to retreat so his fellows might live.""My squadron leader disobeyed village law for what he believed in, and led us to victory at the Hive battle! Innumerable lives were lost that day, but we prevailed. He was a hero, and for his trouble, he was exiled by the people he fought to protect.""In my line of work, I have seen more people fall for what they believe in than you could believe. I have watched them cut down right in front of me, facing enemies far superior to any you have ever faced.""They are heroes! They are the people that deserved to be remembered, but instead are forgotten or slandered! And you have insulted their memory!" The last words were a roar, a sheer shout of righteous anger. "And you will either stand down like the coward you are, or stand and draw your weapon!""I dare you to best the Matoran who 'doesn't understand' without your powers! I challenge you to prove you are anything more than the beings who have believed themselves to be heroes, and fallen by the wayside when things got too rough!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Well they have a toa of the green. But somebody's gonna make sure to get the axes before they leaveIC: PineasPineas immediately set work to absorbing the vine cage to make a hole big enough to pass through.IC: Cosi and DakanMeanwhile, Cosi and Dakan went inside and grabbed the bottles of alcohol several important documents, and a few spare weapons. Cosi said to Dakan "Tell Zharuk that I want to be in Ga-Wahi by nightfall." The toa of gravity assassin promptly teleported away and realayed the massae. When Zharuk got it, he asked "What for? Our base is here?"

Edited by Constructman

IC (Revor):While the others were bickering, revor managed to find the five axes in a whine closet. He quickly glanced over both sides, and with a single touch, both sides of all the axes were perfectly smooth. He then walked towards the ussalry."I am sorry for disturbing the peace of this village. We came to retrieve a stolen item, but I realize now we did it in a manner that was unnessisary. I realize we should have alerted you first, but we acted without thinking. We, or at least I, will help restore any damage we may have caused. However, I must ask of you to not take us into custody, so we may continue our duty to protect. We will learn from our mistakes, and move on. However, if you think it is best that we are imprisoned, I will go without struggle. However, I will let you know that we allways had good intentions for the island as a whole."

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

IC: I put away my sword, absorbing my wooden one, and created another, made of plain oak. It didn't have an edge, just blunt. "You know what it's like to take a walk, then come back and your entire CITY, one the size of this island, be in ruins with everyone gone? To blame yourself for the death of the man that saved your life with his last breath? To be persecuted across the island for doing your duty?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Gravity"Well, if it makes you feel better to make me feel better, go right ahead," I replied, still grinning. I was glad... actually, a bit more then glad, that she was okay.These thoughts lighting my mood, I took another bite of food.
IC: Hajia, Onu-Koro"Well, if it makes you feel better to tell me to do what makes me feel better to make you fill better, I'll do that. If it makes me feel better." Hajia said, her grinning growing as she nibbled on a french fry-esque fried piece of food. During her training, she and Kirian would have occasional contests of wit and logic, seeing who could create a paradox or confusing statement, and then add to it, until they forgot all the details. Originally, Kirian would tounge-tie her in seconds, but after a few months, she could give him a run for his money.Thoughts of her past easing the worry out of her mind, Hajia began to grow genuinely happy.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Tarnok"Yes!" Tarnok roared. "I took a walk, and was caught in the middle of the blast that destroyed my village's soul!"He grabbed his saxe knife and a small, more versatile knife from his belt faster than Kaithas could blink. "I was forced to follow my commander's orders, and sever his hand in order to save him! He wouldn't even have been there if I hadn't been in the mine! The man who saved my life would have lived if I had been half as brave as he was, if I'd had the courage to pick up my shovel, and strike!"He lunged forward, stabbing at the Toa's gut with his smaller knife, prepared to abort the attack or block with his saxe knife if necessary. "And I have spent every minute of every day regretting it! I fashioned myself into a warrior, gave myself the tools to fight back. I joined the Ussalry.""I learned to fight back so I could strike! Not as a sword to stamp out evil, but as a shield to protect those who cannot protect themselves! You are a fool, trying to play the hero!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: I effortlessly blocked it. "You. Have. No. Idea. If I had been quicker, actually been able to navigate, not as USELESS, would have been there when my city was attacked." I stepped back, prepared to parry. "And again, if I hadn't been slow, that other toa of jungle would be here, doing a better job than I am. But I'm stuck with me. I put on a brave expression, laugh in the face of death, to help my team get through obstacles, but really I'm still that Matoran, not knowing exactly how to lead, how to use my powers for the best."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Cosi"You're just digging your own grave buster. And on account of those axes, they have belonged to my business (Zharuk looked at him dirty for his use of "my") for decades now. I would like them back." Still, he made no offensive move. "Please," he added five seconds later for emphasis.

Edited by Constructman