Bionicle Hitman

Alex Humva

What use would lying to you be? The scene's coming up, we have already moved our pieces, lying would do nothing to help. You have no reason not to believe what I say at this point.

EDIT: Ninja'd, with worse news. I didn't see the third page. Yeah, I'm not seeing the outcome until tomorrow, for sure. It'll be around 4:00pm for me when I see it, and that's GMT. Pfft.

Edited by Regenerated ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

What, that I wouldn't lie? Our fates are sealed, they cannot be changed. Telling you a falsehood would not benefit me in the slightest. One of us is walking out of here, and one is not. Whoever dies, that's it for the game. There is no point to lying, as I can't use the lie at a later date. In fact, I'm gonna give you my whole weakness list. You can't use it, the past cannot be changed. But, the future is still in your power, so you might be able to use it in the future, I dunno. I might change it, I might not. Either way, here it is.

Knife: 4

Gun: 2
Poison: 1
Explosive: 5
Sledgehammer: 3
Wire: 6

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Well, as it now looks like I will be indisposed for most of the evening, I've gone ahead and put together the summary for the final round. :)

The Final Round Summary

The winter winds whipped at ShadowVezon's skin as he swiftly scaled the skyscraper. The sun was now in full effect, blazing its white light on the icy tundra that was Odina. Many stories below, Shadowhawk raced up the ladder, his hands growing numb from their contact with the frozen rungs of the ladder. He inhaled deeply, filling his lungs with the mercilessly-cold air. His eyes were fixed, and his purpose was clear. This was going to end today.
Vezon reached the rooftop first, and clambered breathless onto it. As he skidded across the ice-topped cement ceiling, he pulled the lapels of his trenchcoat closer together to brace himself against the elements. Then, with his right hand, he unveiled and brandished his tommy gun. The handle was wrapped with Muaka leather, the sides were plated with carved ivory, and the barrel was aimed directly at the top of the ladder.
A moment later, Shadowhawk emerged from the ladder, only to walk into a supersonic hail of fiery lead. The bullets riddled his chest, each one pounding his body with the force of a thousand galestorms. Shadowhawk stumbled backwards, blood seeping from the side of his mouth, and a dumbstruck look in his eyes. A moment later his body tumbled off of the side of the skyscraper.
ShadowVezon could hardly believe it. It was done. After six days of relentless bloodshed, he had emerged victorious. Standing alone on the top of that solitary skyscraper, ShadowVezon uncapped a flask of whiskey and took a hearty, well-earned swig. After which he merely stood still, still taking in the enormity of his victory.
Just when he was thinking of what he would do with that 30% pay raise, Vezon felt a burning in his stomach. "Strong whiskey," he thought, until a moment later he felt his stomach lining disintegrating. Before his brain could even process what was happening, Vezon's entrails were spilling out of his acid-riddled chest. Vezon collapsed, the contents of the poisoned flask spilling out across the rooftop.
A mere minute later Shadowhawk reappeared on the rooftop, having shedded his bulletproof vest. He walked over to Vezon's steaming, melted corpse, and punitively spat his own blood onto his fallen foe.
Standing over the puddle that had once been ShadowVezon, Shadowhawk looked out over his city, a satisfied smile on his face. It had been a good day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tl;dr: ShadowVezon is dead. Shadowhawk is the champion of Hitman II: Lethal Alliance. A well-played game by all. :)
Hitman III will be posted sometime on Thursday, and sign-ups will last from then until midnight on Sunday, as I will be out of town for the weekend.

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

I knew it would fail. I did my research on you, Shadowhawk. One of the things that failed to kill you was Guns, so I assumed it would fail again. I decided to go with it because I thought "Well, if I win, what will that do for me?" So I decided to have some fun. And I was having a discussion about Gangsters, and so I decided to be theatrical.

I considered continuing with my first choice, the Wire, but I decided to go all out and use a Tommy Gun, despite that I believed it would fail. Who knows, maybe there was a re roll, and it originally worked. But regardless, I had fun with the role I gave myself, Chuck humoured me, and that's the main thing.

One thing you should know, though, is that I was never in this for the money. I had an ulterior motive for joining this carnage, and that goal was achieved.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Nah, no hard feelings. I got what I wanted, and you got what you wanted. You were a good rival, and I commend you for your skill.

Hey, I can't have some of that Bourbon, can I? The Avatar for the next game can have it.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Chro, I lost due to my commitment to being a true gangster from the 1920s. I dunno if I would have won if I was serious, but you must understand that I knew I was likely to fail. But whatever, both me and Shadowhawk are happy, we both got what we wanted, so all's well. Except for everyone else. Like you.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

*Is already preparing his Icepick*

What was that i couldn't hear you over the sound of this clever little weapon

*Sighs and puts the weapon up*

Gonna have to change my playing style. I mean heck you all know i favor my knives. Perhaps a wire would be just as elegant.

And congrats Shadowhawk

*Hands you a custom shirt and Fancy pipe with the head carved in the shape of the Kraahkan*

Here is you Hitman champion goody bag. Welcome to the exclusive club.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yeah, like you, Chro ol' buddy. Couldn't handle the big leagues, could ya? :headbonk:

BTW, sure thing, ShadowVez! Have some bourbon! You're the only with guts enough to swig it, hereabouts!

*raises hip flask*

A toast! A toast to the Shadows, may they ever prevail!

Cheers.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

Just in time for Sochi comes the latest in the saga of sabotage and subterfuge...
hm3.png
THE PREMISE OF THE GAME
What is this game about?
It was near the end of the second iteration of the Shadowed One's demented games that he realized the games themselves were becoming more lucrative than the entire assassination industry. Odinans and even sojourners from far-off lands would gather around to watch the skilled killers exercise their deadly craft, albeit from a safe distance.
That's when the Shadowed One hatched the moneymaking scheme of the millenium: to discontinue the Dark Hunters as an assassin's guild, and turn the entire organization into a elite league of prizefighters who would get their shot once-a-year to prove their mettle in the games, which he lovingly redubbed the Assassin Olympics.
He quickly began merchandizing and subsidizing the ludicrous venture: his foam icepicks (some signed by the legendary Vox himself) and Shadowhawk-brand bourbon earned the crafty kingpin millions. Soon, trained killers from across the Matoran Universe were converging on Odina, eager to prove themselves and earn fame and glory.
This is where you come in. You are a participant in the third Assassin Olympics, albeit the first Olympics to be broadcast live on national television. Your job is to earn the favor of Sponsors and eradicate the competition to establish yourself as the King of Killers, the ultimate champion of the Assassin Olympics.
PLAYING THE GAME
What do I do in this game?
In this game, you are attempting to assassinate other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. You have six weapons in your arsenal to choose from: a Knife, a Gun, Poison, an Explosive, a Sledgehammer, or Wire. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the weapon you will use in your assassination attempt.
You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of all the weapons and correponding numerical values, like so:
Knife: 1
Gun: 2
Poison: 3
Explosive: 4
Sledgehammer: 5
Wire: 6
This is your profile. It tells me which weapons you are weak against and which weapons you are strong against. The lower the number, the weaker you are to that form of attack. For example, if someone targeted you with a Wire, I would roll a die. If I rolled a number lower than 6, you would survive. If someone targeted you with Poison, I would roll a die. If I rolled a number lower than 3, you would survive. If someone targeted you with a Knife, you would die instantly, as there is no number on a die lower than 1.
Rounds will take place roughly over roughly 48-hour intervals. If you fail to send me the name of a target and a weapon of choice, you will take no action that round.

AND NOW FOR THE TWIST: In this iteration of Hitman, upon your termination you become a Sponsor; that is, a supporting participant in the Assassin Olympics. As a Sponsor, you have several tools at your disposal with which you can affect the outcome of the game. As a Sponsor, each round you may either Place a Bounty, Strengthen a Player, or Weaken a Player. You may choose one of these actions to perform each round.

When you Place a Bounty, you must post in this topic with the name of the player on whom you are placing a bounty. The person who kills that player will receive a stat boost (similar to the last game), which will enable them to add +1 to the resistance of their choice.
To Strengthen a Player, a Sponsor must PM me with the name of the player they would like to strengthen. When a player is Strengthened, I add -1 to their dice roll. So let's say someone targeted a strengthened player with a knife. That player's knife resistance is 4. I roll a 4. Going by the rules of the game, that player should die. But since he was strengthened, I subtract 1 from the roll. Now the roll is a 3, and the player survives.
To Weaken a Player, a Sponsor must PM me with the name of the player they would like to weaken. When a player is Weakened, I add +1 to their dice roll. So let's say someone targeted a weakened player with a gun. That player's gun resistance is 5. I roll a 4. Going by the rules of the game, that player should survive. However, since the player was weakened, I add 1 to the roll. Now the roll is a 5, and the player dies.
Now, in order to balance these so that the game doesn't simply become a popularity contest, I've instituted what I would like to call the "Rule of Three," which is simply to say that:
  • A player may not collect more than 3 bounties per game.
  • A player may not be strengthened more than 3 times per round.
  • A player may not be weakened more than 3 times per round.
Hopefully, the "Rule of Three" will allow underdogs a fighting chance against assassins who may have a lot of sponsors.
What happens when multiple people attack the same target?
I will calculate the assassination attempts chronologically. The first person to PM me that target's name will receive 'first dibs' on the assassination attempt. If he fails, the next person will get a shot, and so on.
What happens if the last two/three/etc. people all kill each other?
There can only be one survivor, so if the last few assassins all kill each other I will reroll.
SIGNING UP FOR THE GAME
What do I need to do to be able to play?
To sign up, state that you are signing up by posting in this topic, and then PM me the following list of weapons with corresponding numerical values 1-6. You choose which weapons you are resistant to and which weapons you are vulnerable to.
Knife:
Gun:
Poison:
Explosive:
Sledgehammer:
Wire:
NOTE: Even if you've stated before that you'd like to participate in Hitman 3, I would still like you to formally sign up for simplicity's sake so that I know exactly who is playing.
PAYROLL
These are your fellow assassins. Eliminated assassins are designated in red.
1. Aegon Targaryen
2. Punished Snake
3. Baltarc
4. Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons
5. Unit#phntk#1
6. Chro
7. Toa Lhikevikk
8. Shadowhawk
9. Toa of Anarchy
10. Norik of Gielinor
11. Pulsating Explosive
12. JiMing
13. Protalgif
14. -Blade-
15. Regenerated ShadowVezon
16. The Dapper Man
17. Commander Viral
18. A Vox in a Box
19. Voltex 2
20. Canis Lycaon
Registration closes Saturday, February 8th at 11:59pm.
RULES
What must I do and not do?
1. No changing targets. I will accept the first PM you send me, and will ignore any others you send in an attempt to switch your target.
2. No complaining about outcomes. I am not biased; I am genuinely just rolling a die. This game is a little bit of strategy with a whole lot of luck.
3. A player may not collect more than 3 bounties per game.
4. A player may not be strengthened more than 3 times per round.
5. A player may not be weakened more than 3 times per round.
6. Have fun!
Edited by Chuck Bartowski

Spot 11, please!

I assume this was inspired by all the 'Team Chro/Vox/Shadowhawk/ShadowVezon' stuff.

Yeah. I was surprised by the amount of people who stuck around to see the conclusion of each game, and I thought it would be fun to give eliminated players an alternate way to affect the outcome of it. :)