Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Are you refering to what I think you're refering to? If so, I disapprove at the fact that something had to be edited out.
I'unno what it was. I just know that about the time Bulik expressed distress over it, there was an edit on an IC in the topic. I don't see anything implying that it was the thing you're thinking about (whatever that is) specifically.The important thing is that whatever was so inappropriate is gone. Let's move on, not get embroiled in discussion of something said and done.
Sounds good. I have no idea what happened, and was taking this from what I saw in this topic. Edited by Frost Dragon

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Something that I want to address to the Pala-Koro people - Please remember that while you might be in an intense one on one fight, you have to be mindful of your surrounding.An example would be Katuko getting Mevi to stab my chars. What Katuko has not realized is that my Char is surrounded by metal shards, plasma blasts, intense fireballs, a flaming Toa-Foot, lightning bolts, wind Shurikens, crystal disks and bamboo disks.So sending a Matoran running in seems kinda, you know, unrealistic.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Did I miss the memo where Fe-Toa could absorb metal?Seeing as it's a solid? And Po-Toa can't absorb rock, Toa of Plantlife can't absorb plants, Ba-Toa can't absorb gravity etc.So, logically, one does not simply absorb metal.
The only Toa who cannot absorb their element are Ba-Toa and Ce-Toa. I'd imagine it does take a bit longer for Po and Fe-Toa, but its not impossible. ;)And seeing as we just have Ba-Toa in this game...
It's a generally held unwritten rule that characters can't absorb or control the elemental products of another character. Seeing as I don't know the context here, I'm not sure if this is pertinent, but if it is, there ya go.Also, I'm going to make my move tomorrow. I really want to give Veef a chance here so that it is reasonable and doesn't look like I just waltzed in and did stuff, though that's what it basically is anyway, lol. Since nobody else bothered to stop my Peer, I'm going to let Veef have the honor of talking to him.I also want to use a better keyboard, and that happens to not be this one. Until tomorrow! Edited by EmperorWhenua

Ok, who wants to play Attack-an-Aukati? I realize that Katuko was right in that OOC, and that I was clearly forcing JL, as he puts it, to make his next move be the moddiest moddy thing in the history of modding ever.Though I did leave JL a little present to react to before he can begin his duel with Optimus...and without breaking a single rule. XD

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Did I miss the memo where Fe-Toa could absorb metal?Seeing as it's a solid? And Po-Toa can't absorb rock, Toa of Plantlife can't absorb plants, Ba-Toa can't absorb gravity etc.So, logically, one does not simply absorb metal.
The only Toa who cannot absorb their element are Ba-Toa and Ce-Toa. I'd imagine it does take a bit longer for Po and Fe-Toa, but its not impossible. ;)And seeing as we just have Ba-Toa in this game...
It's a generally held unwritten rule that characters can't absorb or control the elemental products of another character. Seeing as I don't know the context here, I'm not sure if this is pertinent, but if it is, there ya go.Also, I'm going to make my move tomorrow. I really want to give Veef a chance here so that it is reasonable and doesn't look like I just waltzed in and did stuff, though that's what it basically is anyway, lol. Since nobody else bothered to stop my Peer, I'm going to let Veef have the honor of talking to him.I also want to use a better keyboard, and that happens to not be this one. Until tomorrow!
I would say that you could absorb things that other people created, but not creating or controlling unless the difference in skill is really that high.I've always thought of it as 'whoever-has-better-EE-control-and-energy' gets to call the shots - A strong Toa of Fire can absorb and control a weaker Toa of Fire's creations.However, I'm sure that any Toa can absorb their element (Except for those like Gravity) so long as they don't overload themselves (In the Trial by Fire book, Vakama, who was at that time inexperienced, absorbed what is simply a big fireball, but ended up having to shoot it out because he couldn't control it.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Cy, too, took to cover to deal with Vortixx. With an explosion-stunt like that, he must be planning an escape, or something of the like. He vanished into a gap in between another set of huts while Zadron busied himself with an archer, and reached out with his element, creating a weak breeze and allowing it to flow among the huts naturally. He felt for disturbances in the wind of the right size and shape, and this allowed him to detect the location of the hidden enemy among the huts. With his posistion keeping him out of the Vortixx's line of sight, Cy created a vaccum in the area of the huts around Zadron, large enough that running would prove difficult. He planned to hold it long enough for a Vortixx to pass out, and hope that no else was close enough to worry about it.
I'm really sorry Tabby, but could you edit this? Kughii and I have already agreed what will happen to Zadron next so I'd really appreciate it if you left him alone for the time being...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'm guessing permanent nullification of the elemental powers of anyone in the field's range.[/guessingtheworst]
Not gonna happen.
Okay. About the arrows and long distance stuff. May I remind everyone it's midnight for Mata-nui's sake.
Correct. Outside the village it's very dark and hard to see people.
Remember, we're in inside a village, not in the middle of a forest. We have some visibility.
That makes you easier to see and those outside harder.
If it is night time, the only IC specified lighting is the light stones on the battlements. Everything else I would assume is either in the gray light or full darkness.What is everyone's thoughts on the matter?
It's the middle of the night. The battlements have little to no light.
@JL: I believe elemental absorption counts as a use of EP and is thus blocked by the field. Also, the walls aren't made of metal - they're stone, with metal beams and reinforcements.
100% correct.
How has the battle been going?
As expected. Arguments and facedesking every few posts.
Toa can convert substances to EE, solids included. It does not, however, happen as quickly as people say. It's a slow recharge, not a makeshift Hau.
The walls of Pala Koro are very high- fifty meters or something, and theres a big clearing between them and the treeline. Throwing a pistol from the treelike over the wall would be very very hard. :) Also, the walls aren't that scalable. I'm wondering how Esao is able to climb over them while the FoM aren't... I guess he's just a very good climber. Distance and character location seem to be problem in this battle...
As expected. I want a tabletop map, darnit. But no, the walls are NOT 50 meters. Do you even know how high that is? They are about 5, at the most. Right about the clearing, though it's not incredibly vast.
Something that I want to address to the Pala-Koro people - Please remember that while you might be in an intense one on one fight, you have to be mindful of your surrounding.An example would be Katuko getting Mevi to stab my chars. What Katuko has not realized is that my Char is surrounded by metal shards, plasma blasts, intense fireballs, a flaming Toa-Foot, lightning bolts, wind Shurikens, crystal disks and bamboo disks.
That amount of attacks should have left your char stone dead before he even got to the wall. Thus, I chose to just ignore the storm of overdone and exaggerated element use and just stab the sucker. Funny that the barrage gets less comment than the mundane spear that hasn't even hit yet. I doubt these are constant streams, so Mevi waiting a second or two before grabbing the opportunity is to be expected.Oh, and I'm on a.phone. No IC for me yet.

Stabbing Things To Death - Best Solution To Everything Since Living Creatures Learnt That Pointy Things Were More Effective Than Bludgeons.
Grammar - Best Solution To People Who Talk Like This.Every time that happens, I try not to die of death.@Katuko, If I didn't respond to that yet, my bad. I'm not even sure I can find exactly when the attack should be responded to, so maybe if Mevi could, like, stab him again, that's better. I apologize if you're mad. Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Jl, I'd like to note that Aurum would not be able to do this, as a Mahiki only visually shapeshifts you. And only into shapes of around the same mass.
IC: AurumThe moment he got out of his roll, he shapeshifted into, once again, a tiny shape, too small to see.
I'm pretty sure it's a 'power' thing, not a shape thing.And plus, ignoring shapeshifting, illusions can be cast.Editing.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Mahiki could technically make the illusion of doing that.The Mask of Illusions is like the ultimate troll-help-machine. Unfortunately, it's a crutch as much as it is a tool - Newbies might use it, but the master trolls who traverse the fearful regions of the Interwebs.... They don't need illusions to trololol.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Mahiki, under game rules, cannot do an illusionary version of the Pehkui. Physical shapeshifting is banned, and total invisibility via Mahiki (going to small to see) is also banned. So that's distinctly beyond the limits. Also note that the Mahiki cannot blind.

IC: Cy, too, took to cover to deal with Vortixx. With an explosion-stunt like that, he must be planning an escape, or something of the like. He vanished into a gap in between another set of huts while Zadron busied himself with an archer, and reached out with his element, creating a weak breeze and allowing it to flow among the huts naturally. He felt for disturbances in the wind of the right size and shape, and this allowed him to detect the location of the hidden enemy among the huts. With his posistion keeping him out of the Vortixx's line of sight, Cy created a vaccum in the area of the huts around Zadron, large enough that running would prove difficult. He planned to hold it long enough for a Vortixx to pass out, and hope that no else was close enough to worry about it.
I'm really sorry Tabby, but could you edit this? Kughii and I have already agreed what will happen to Zadron next so I'd really appreciate it if you left him alone for the time being...
I suppose, yes. That means he needs something else to do, though...

It's a generally held unwritten rule that characters can't absorb or control the elemental products of another character. Seeing as I don't know the context here, I'm not sure if this is pertinent, but if it is, there ya go.Also, I'm going to make my move tomorrow. I really want to give Veef a chance here so that it is reasonable and doesn't look like I just waltzed in and did stuff, though that's what it basically is anyway, lol. Since nobody else bothered to stop my Peer, I'm going to let Veef have the honor of talking to him.I also want to use a better keyboard, and that happens to not be this one. Until tomorrow!
I would say that you could absorb things that other people created, but not creating or controlling unless the difference in skill is really that high.I've always thought of it as 'whoever-has-better-EE-control-and-energy' gets to call the shots - A strong Toa of Fire can absorb and control a weaker Toa of Fire's creations.However, I'm sure that any Toa can absorb their element (Except for those like Gravity) so long as they don't overload themselves (In the Trial by Fire book, Vakama, who was at that time inexperienced, absorbed what is simply a big fireball, but ended up having to shoot it out because he couldn't control it.
Yeah, bro, no. As has been gone over many times, the rules state (or used to, haven't checked in a while) that you can not absorb another players attacks for EE. Unless that was changed, I'm seeing way too much of that in this battle. Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

@Katuko, If I didn't respond to that yet, my bad. I'm not even sure I can find exactly when the attack should be responded to, so maybe if Mevi could, like, stab him again, that's better. I apologize if you're mad.
I'm not mad, I just get easily frustrated when I jump on this game now and then and find 50 new, crazy posts and I feel I miss things that I should have replied to (read:whined about :D) ASAP.

@Katuko, If I didn't respond to that yet, my bad. I'm not even sure I can find exactly when the attack should be responded to, so maybe if Mevi could, like, stab him again, that's better. I apologize if you're mad.
I'm not mad, I just get easily frustrated when I jump on this game now and then and find 50 new, crazy posts and I feel I miss things that I should have replied to (read:whined about :biggrin:) ASAP.
I've had those feelings.Looks like the FoM are gonze win if they break through.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm going to bed now, will rejoin the fray in the morning. If it's not too much trouble, I'd prefer it if people don't hurl random attacks at Echelon - a one-on-one duel between him and Madrihk should be pretty awesome ;)
Perhaps, but heck if I ain't gonna accept flanking help if I get it. Video games have thought be that often it's the backstabber that does the most severe damage anyways. :)Though everyone throwing their attacks onto the same small target will just cause chaos. If the duel goes quickly, at close range... please mind friendly fire as well as flanking fire. I get you're all crazy, but still. :D
Looks like the FoM are gonze win if they break through.
At this point it doesn't really matter where you are. The wall is breached, so the battlefield is no longer as divided as it was. You can hide behind buildings or pieces of the wall, but it doesn't matter as much whether it's the ILF or the FoM that have the highest number of warriors on either side of the perimeter. Edited by Katuko

JL, please read my above post, and once you have I'd be very grateful if you'd edit your last actions in Le...
I have it edited to the most logically reasonable. Hopefully you'll accept that; He knows no other makuta minions, so isn't sure who is who except for Echelon and his undead,

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Alright, people, I'm pulling Xerov out.As of the last post I made as him, he is not open for attack, the reason being that the only reason he didn't run away at the beginning was the anti-EE field, and now it's down.So please do not attack Xerov.Thankyou for reading this. :)- Austin Powers

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill