Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Didn't Nuju or Tuch once state that if someone pitched them a really good reason why the Zyglak or Steltians and what have you could and should be a part of the game then they'd approve them like they would a custom species? Or am I misremembering?

I don't know. I think that the staff (at least, Emzee) will let you have one as long as your argument is very good and you ask nicely. I don't remember them saying anything about making the Zyglak/Steltians/whoever else a part of the game if you argued.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

I feel like I'm the only one who does stuff here chiefly for game-style fun instead of trying to dive into a sea of character emotions and development.

Not that I don't try to develop people, but I usually don't do things simply for that purpose.

Lo and behold, I believe he's hit upon the reason as to why we've yelled at him and his ilk so many times before.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Actually, they weren't. Most of them were variations off of the Prime species, just altered differently by the pit mutagens. But, that is neither here nor there.

No, no, they mos certainly were. I specifically recall Greg F. saying "Ehlek's species" at one point. And there's the fact that Mantax was unaffected by the mutagen. But yeah, not the place.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I feel like I'm the only one who does stuff here chiefly for game-style fun instead of trying to dive into a sea of character emotions and development. Not that I don't try to develop people, but I usually don't do things simply for that purpose.

~~~I would argue that developing characters, though harder then making one-sentence battle posts all the time, is extremely fun and, in the end, rewarding. This is part of the reason that I try to hold myself to a few paragraphs a post - when I force myself to write more in each post, I really get to flesh out my characters more, both in my mind and in everyone else's. It turns mundane battle posts into chances for character development.Uh, anyways: I'm fairly sure that Pridak, Kalmah, and the other Barraki were all slightly different species - BS01 refers to them as "the six prime species."

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Frankly, I much prefer character development to battle posts. Hence why I made a (mostly) pacifist if character. Well no, actually. He turned out that way on his own now that I think about it. Haha, how cool is that?But anyways. Writing battle scenes is pretty boring for me.

BZPRPG Profiles

I feel like I'm the only one who does stuff here chiefly for game-style fun instead of trying to dive into a sea of character emotions and development. Not that I don't try to develop people, but I usually don't do things simply for that purpose.

~~~I would argue that developing characters, though harder then making one-sentence battle posts all the time, is extremely fun and, in the end, rewarding. This is part of the reason that I try to hold myself to a few paragraphs a post - when I force myself to write more in each post, I really get to flesh out my characters more, both in my mind and in everyone else's. It turns mundane battle posts into chances for character development.Uh, anyways: I'm fairly sure that Pridak, Kalmah, and the other Barraki were all slightly different species - BS01 refers to them as "the six prime species."

Writing Battle Scenes that gives in tons of Character Development is what gives for me.

Take Utu V Oreius. My only problem with that was that it was extra-long.

Oh, and KNI coming close to ranting about Prime Species'? Kinda expected that.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Meh. To each his own. I get more satisfaction to see how a character's view and attitude change over time due to the experiences and interactions he or she has had over the course of the game. While battle is useful, and at times critically essential, I view that tactic as one-dimensional if not often times frustrating due to the lack of ability, maturity, or understanding of the rules. Not saying anyone here is guilty of that, not at all...

:rolleyes:

When ALL facets of a character are developed, just not the ability to beat the living snot out of someone, that's when the best stories are written.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

For me, this is as much of a game as it is story telling. Fighting and character development each have their own places in it.

The fighting is fun and as your character develops they get more fun to use in a fight as well as when interacting with other players.

Not saying this is true, but I kinda get this feeling of "CONFORM to the proper way" from the way that some people are talking.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Try not to recruit every Toa along the way", eh?Yeah, not actually likely with Kehuri as he is now, but if he wasn't so set on finding out about the Matoran bent on "killing the Great Spirit", he'd probably end up joining them on his own, haha, especially considering the famous Joske is on the team.Now that I think about it, Kehuri should have been a lot more flustered around Naru before, considering she might literally be the first female Toa to have ever talked to him. Wait, can Matoran from Mata nui be alternate genders? Because if not, she may have been the first female, period.Which may make any future crushes he develops hard to actually pull off... Unless I find a really good reason for him not to have liked Naru. And now I'm rambling OOC. You can see where Kehuri gets it from. And I'm obsessing over this again!

BZPRPG Profiles

I was aiming for a more introspective/character-driven/story-driven plot, since I wanted to break away from my usual style of rule-of-cool fueled action scenes in my own writing. I still love a good over-the-top fight scene, it's just I don't really want to here. At least, not yet.

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

At this point, I've become much too cynical and pessimistic to try fighting other players. Then there's my personal rule against interacting with or combating magnetism, iron, or gravity toa, but that's just a personal code. Experience has not brought any love towards in game fights, though I guess I can understand where some would see some appeal.

As for character detailing and introspection and the like, my view of the aspiration mountain leaves me with little motivation to climb it, even if sitting atop the metaphorical upper ledges would be nice. Until my skills reach a level I feel would make climbing the mountain a pleasant exercise, I'll just stay on my little hill of alrightishness.

Also, my skills in terms of writing tend towards the more comedic than the serious, which is intensely frowned upon by a distinct vocal portion of the playerbase. But I've been trying to make it more fluid and fitting for my characters, so hopefully it doesn't cause issue with anyone who actually reads my posts.

Just stating my views on the game, no offense to any people intended.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

How do you do it Tuck, after you went away my Rit posts began to shrink the more I interacted with Hubert.

You come back, and bam they expand again.

Tuckitis, my body has entered remission.

Tuckitis isn't what you need.

Regular posting is what you need ... although posting once a month may be considered regular.

Anyway, back on topic~

Also, my skills in terms of writing tend towards the more comedic than the serious, which is intensely frowned upon by a distinct vocal portion of the playerbase. But I've been trying to make it more fluid and fitting for my characters, so hopefully it doesn't cause issue with anyone who actually reads my posts.

I rather appreciate humour, seeing that most of the time we have super dark plots, ridiculous battles of doom and badly written romantic scenes (Vorex and Gravy, what are you guys doing?!). It brings back a calmer atmosphere.

And they're much better than my badly done gags.

Don't bring up romance. Ugh... I'll say exactly one thing, because I don't want to argue about this:I've not seen a well-written romance this season.That doesn't mean the people involved weren't good writers, I just don't think romance is their forte. To he honest, I don't expect any amazing romances.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Don't bring up romance. Ugh... I'll say exactly one thing, because I don't want to argue about this:I've not seen a well-written romance this season.That doesn't mean the people involved weren't good writers, I just don't think romance is their forte. To he honest, I don't expect any amazing romances.

---

Challenge accepted.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ghosthands, you crazy Doctor Who fan, you have done a lot of brilliant things. Including taking on an entire group of PCs and holding them at bay for a time.

But if you attempt to ship Echelon with anyone,

I will be forced to devote all my resources to stopping it. Mmkay? :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Just in case anyone's in any doubt, that was, in fact a joke :P

Rest assured, Echelon's asexual and always will be - hence why neither Kino nor Lust find their charms effective on him.

I don't know which of my characters will eventually end up in a romance. Lohkar's always been an amusing option. Merror's a possibility. Who knows, even Korero :P

We'll just have to wait and see ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Undeadshipping.

Echelon x A dead reanimated buddy.

Right. To get a bit more serious, I would pick Lohkar. He's be a tragic romance story, except we'd have a bit more comedy instead of leeching on our social wellbeing and making us feel awkward every post related to the ship.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I rather appreciate humour, seeing that most of the time we have super dark plots, ridiculous battles of doom and badly written romantic scenes (Vorex and Gravy, what are you guys doing?!). It brings back a calmer atmosphere.

---

Someone else feels that a step away from super dark plots would be good? W00T!

Don't bring up romance. Ugh... I'll say exactly one thing, because I don't want to argue about this:

---

KNI, as short as I've been here, I don't think I've ever seen you in a good mood. When aren't you arguing? You weren't like this when you were doing comics. (Good times.)

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

And they're much better than my badly done gags.

I don't know what Grav is doing, but I'm deliberately writing romantic scenes badly for lulz. :3

- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Hey, where can I find a Toa building kit-type-thing that can make something a little more detailed than Rayg's sprites? I want to upload a better picture of Kehuri. Something a bit more like this?

EDIT: Why doesn't Joske, of all people, have a Wiki page?

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

Hey, Riaril is back in town, kinda'. Internet is down at home.

So, what's the latest in the game?

Well, one of Grav's characters became the new Peer, Joske and Co. is in Le right now, Antrim and Ronkshou are still fighting, and I think that's it...

Bravo Gravs... Now, I have to go kill this character so I can talk to EW about Kriigata becoming a peer... XD

Relapse...

Challenge accepted.