Annoying Pieces.

DeLaSouth

Pieces in Bionicle & HF that.. just don't want to cooperate with you, until you despise the stegosaurus that created them. I have a number of them. - Partially-hollow Single-Balljoints(they ALWAYS come off connectors, and I always have more of them than I do of the completely-hollow single-balljoints)- Takanuva-Stars Limbs(I hate MOCing with them, and they don't look good to me on sets)- Size-2 HF Panels [the ones Evo & Waspix use a lot of](as they always leave some of the skeletal piece showing)- Inika Torsos(no matter what I cover them up with, you can always tell they're Inika torsos)- Rahkshi Lower-Legs(they always look terrible to me)- Size 6 HF Panels [the ones Drilldozer & Waspix use](it's hard to find use with them, as they're just so long)- Inika Feet [both kind](don't like lookin at them, don't like MOCing with them)- 2011 Feet [HF 2.0 & 3.0](don't like lookin at them, don't like MOCing with them) how about you?

I've actually had more trouble with basic long H pieces than anything else. They break pretty easily due to the thinness of the connection points, especially if they weren't molded correctly.

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

I love both kinds of Inika feet :P I hate the Piraka torsos. No matter what, it's impossible to cover them up, they end up looking too wide, and it's impossible to put things on the front of them (Like on the Piraka or Ignika, not Kalmah and Hahli.) And Tohunga arms. You can only put them one way, and the left arm... OY! I tried making a Mahi once, and it didn't fit. The hand is as big as the leg!

The piece that holds the leech pod thing in the Phantoka Makuta Chest pieces, and the Phantoka chest pieces themselves. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I like Piraka torsos, actually. I think the connection points they do have are quite useful. But anyway, a lot of my old ball joint pieces annoy me because, for some reason, the connection is extremely weak, so any axle attached to the affected ones wil fall out extremely easily. Quite infuriating. So yeah, in this case it's not the piece design that won't cooperate with me, as I love ball joints otherwise. ~B~

The 120 degree or so prebent limbs are at least a little bit usable, but those 90 degree limbs usually kill me. Another thing is easily-breaking pieces. For crying out loud, I have so many pieces that have sustained some sort of damage from MOCing. I now associate the word snap with bad connotations just because of the sheer number of cracks that have made that sound. I usually return my sets to their original product forms after keeping a MOC aorund for a few months, so I still have many original sets, but some are...different. A few sets are perpetually lying in a MOCing bin due to broken pieces, and my Hahli Mahri set has been heavily tweaked. It even possesses a few off-color pieces becuase I liked that set and decided to keep it intact after numerous snaps and breaks.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

The Vorox helmet. It may have looked awesome, but was just too small and didn't cover the lower part of the head, which was a shame. The Piraka skulls/spines were also cool, but man I could never get that spine to look good as it would always bend in ways that ruined the illusion. And then I'm sure that many pieces from 2001 were annoying, but nostalgia keeps me from thinking about it.

sig2.png

Personally, I've never liked the 90 degree angled arms, that you got in sets like Gavla. Good lord, do they really have to be pre-bent? It takes away all pose-ability and just looks plain bad.

This. Also, most of the main pieces on a Bohrok. They can really only be used on Bohrok....
Really? The 90 degree arms are terrible, but the Bohrok bits are fantastic!

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Personally, I've never liked the 90 degree angled arms, that you got in sets like Gavla. Good lord, do they really have to be pre-bent? It takes away all pose-ability and just looks plain bad.

This. Also, most of the main pieces on a Bohrok. They can really only be used on Bohrok....
Really? The 90 degree arms are terrible, but the Bohrok bits are fantastic!
Hence "Most"

Those brittle pre-2008 hand pieces, the av-matoran limbs, and unflexible Skakdi heads.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I sympathise with my little brother, and the pain he must feel every time he tries to turn Rocka's head XD Personally I agree about the half-hollow balls. My biggest bugbear, however, is the new sockets from 2008. Yes, I know, they look so much slicker than the old ones. But they're as weak as a sloth with arthritis. They always break. Unless you click them in with a ridiculous amount of care, the strain of stretching round the ball joint is too much for them, and the end snaps. This, besides looking horrible, also takes all the grip out of them, so your MOCs can't hold slightly heavy objects.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

These ones really annoy me. I'd actually rather have them permanently straight, it would look more normal. Who holds their elbows at 90 degree angles anyway?
Just because my sig is confusing Doesn'tmean it doesn't seem strangely awesome. how will you read this when it is invisible? But now you won't get just bits and pieces of something, then it would be something completly different.? Just highlight it to reveal the secret! It can be quite interesting...

~Power of Gresh~

If you can solve the Rubik's Cube in under a minute, PM me!

These ones really annoy me. I'd actually rather have them permanently straight, it would look more normal. Who holds their elbows at 90 degree angles anyway?
I'm more worried about their functionality as legs. However, they could make decent shoulder blades in a Maxilos-style build.

aouROFb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Never really like any of the arms/legs that the Karda-Nui Matoran had, because it disallowed poseability.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Not sure what you have against inika torsos and feet, or the rahkshi lower legs. Perfectly good pieces. I hate new ball joint sockets, the ones found 2008 on wards, they seemed to break easier, they were slightly shallower which wrecked one of their best MOCing applications (hard to describe it, so I won't bother) and there just seemed to be no need to change them. Why?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

The little red 2x axles and the blue 3x pins.WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE RED AND BLUE, I don't want them to stand out like a sore thumb. Also I am annoyed that some axles are grey and not black. I can tell the difference in length without colour coding for nui's sake. Flippin' ruins colour schemes >:C

sigpic2.png

my little 03' ball joint fins just dont wwant to collaborate and the rods i put in them just keep comin out an hakkans red lightsaber piece wwont stay in the lavva launcheri also hate the ones that break if you look at them funnythey are reel annoyin

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

2-length plus rods, especially the old black ones. They seem to wedge into their sockets with cement every time I use them. My fingers have been rendered raw on more than one occasion trying to pry them loose.Also, 90-degree bent legs. The ones in sets like Tanma were fine, but those sets that use arm pieces for legs? What deranged baboon came up with that idea? :P:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

• 2 weeks later...