BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Quisoves...

Unless someone else comes along, Ghidora has my vote. We really need to get out of this slump, so the sooner we get another game, the better.

I vote Ghidora. Let's get out of this slump, ya'll!

You must really want Ghidora to host a side game. Unless... there's two of you? The Quis and the Oves? 

Er, pseudo-senior moment. Oh dear. It's not the first one I've had today, and probably won't be the last.

Rats! Discovered!

I am the schizoid bird! Bwahahahaha!

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Quisoves...

Unless someone else comes along, Ghidora has my vote. We really need to get out of this slump, so the sooner we get another game, the better.

I vote Ghidora. Let's get out of this slump, ya'll!

You must really want Ghidora to host a side game. Unless... there's two of you? The Quis and the Oves? 

Oh no...

#TwinsAgain2015

I recommend pinning this topic.

Mafia's been around for a long time and has had over 100 games. (by my estimate, taking into account games before the dataclysm)

We could pin it. It is official and exempt from revival rules, but having a pinned topic would make it more visible.

The problem facing me is how to solidify G&T/Mafia etiquette (which does keep the forum healthy) without turning things into clauses in the G&T rules topic. I'd rather things come from the players than have it imposed by the staff. I think this topic does offer a solution to that problem, but not everyone is aware of it. If pinning this is the answer, again, we totally could do it.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in that case the hitman role would be obvious and the mafia would eliminate them immediately, making it rather redundant.

Not exactly. You have the mafia agree on a hitman profile for themselves, and then allow each of them to use different powers against the villagers. 

This leaves you with two options: 1) all of the villagers have a profile which determines the Mafia's success, or 2) all the powered attacks against the villagers work. The former I think would be more fun. 

Then the village votes on which power they want to use against the mafia. If they get the correct power, they automatically kill off the entire Mafia and win the game. 

Go ahead and post it here.

Kewl.

The island of Kraahva has cut itself off from the nearby mainland, the reason for which, being that a Mafia has begun to form itself, and the effects are devastating. Though this Mafia's ranks are few, they are growing by the minute. The only hope brought the citizens of this island of contrast being the local investigator, the identity of which is unbeknownst to the island. Although there is rumour that a vigilante has taken justice of this island into their own hands.

Rules:

Mafia: Each night, the Mafia may either recruit, or kill. This choice is left to the head of the Mafia, and once this choice has been made, a vote is held between the Mafia. Excluding the Head, none within the Mafia know which inhabitants of the Kraahva are Mafia, aside from themself, nor do they know what the others have voted, majority wins, Head's vote counts for double.

Investigator: The Investigator may choose once per night who to investigate, and will be told whether or not who they've chosen is within the Mafia.

Vigilante: The Vigilante may once per night choose who to chase down, if who they have chosen is within the Mafia, the Vigilante may either save whoever is being killed by the Mafia, or kill the Mafia they've found.

Voting: Once per day, the inhabitants vote on who to hang, voting for the hanging takes place in this topic, whilst voting for the Mafia takes place through Private Messaging. When one is hanged, they must reveal in this topic, what they were, whether it was Mafia, Inhabitant, or Investigator (the Vigilante gets the freedom of saying they were an Inhabitant)

Heirs: When the Mafia's Head, the Investigator, or the Vigilante is killed, their heir then takes their job, they may tell me through private message who they wish to be their heir at any point in the game before they are killed. If they are killed before they choose an heir, then they don't get an heir. NOTE: THE HEAD'S HEIR MUST BE CHOSEN FROM WITHIN THE MAFIA.

Victory: If the entirety of the Mafia is killed, then the Inhabitants win. If there are only three players remaining, and there is still Mafia, the Mafia wins.

When one is hanged, they must reveal in this topic

This part sounds really unnecessary to me - it doesn't add anything and it would only serve to slow the game down, as I see it. Usually it's the job of the host to reveal the roles of the lynched, since you can never be certain your players can be active...

• Upvote 3

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Hey I'm back!!!

If you were in the Beautiful Train ride, I am holding a revival for it. Hopefully those who were originally in it will come back.

Hopefully...

Oh and relative to the topic....Uh...blood violence and all the good work you gentlemen do.

Edited by The Rider of Kikanalo

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

-snop-

I like the heir system, reminds me of like 5 or something? Pretty interesting. I assume if a Mafioso becomes, say, the Investigator's heir, they stay a Mafioso?

I also like the combo cult/mafia. However, I do think that it seems that there is no reason to not recruit at the moment? After all, recruiting you get both the +1 body and vote for the mafia and the -1 body and vote for the village, for a net gain of 2, whereas with a killing they just get the -1 to the village. Maybe some sort of reason to not recruit? Like, it takes one of their members has to spend time to convert their target for a round or two, so they can't vote for either the hanging or the kill until it is done? Something like that.

Similarly, I don't understand the Vigilante. For the most part, the correct move for the Vigilante will also be to kill the Mafioso, since then they get one of the Mafia down, which are typically of a much smaller group. Maybe, instead, the vigilante always kills their target if they choose to do that, or they can save anybody their target targets? IE: if I was a vigilante, I could target QP to kill him whether he is Mafia or not, he dies. Or, I can follow him, and if he tries to target somebody I save the person he targets? That way the vigilante will never harm the village with option two, but not necessarily help, but option one can both greatly harm and greatly help both sides?

Pulse is correct with his statement about revealing roles, unless you wanted to make lying about your role after death a mechanic. If that was the case though, I feel like we'd need more support for that in the rest of the roles.

I like the slightly easier victory condition for the mafia. It's a good idea.

Overall, seems pretty cool. *thumbs up*

(also hello again everyone)

(sorry I died)

E:words

Edited by Fortalpig

When one is hanged, they must reveal in this topic

This part sounds really unnecessary to me - it doesn't add anything and it would only serve to slow the game down, as I see it. Usually it's the job of the host to reveal the roles of the lynched, since you can never be certain your players can be active...

Yeah, fair, I wrote the entire thing late at night and wasn't thinking straight, that can be removed.

-snop-

I like the heir system, reminds me of like 5 or something? Pretty interesting. I assume if a Mafioso becomes, say, the Investigator's heir, they stay a Mafioso?

I also like the combo cult/mafia. However, I do think that it seems that there is no reason to not recruit at the moment? After all, recruiting you get both the +1 body and vote for the mafia and the -1 body and vote for the village, for a net gain of 2, whereas with a killing they just get the -1 to the village. Maybe some sort of reason to not recruit? Like, it takes one of their members has to spend time to convert their target for a round or two, so they can't vote for either the hanging or the kill until it is done? Something like that.

Similarly, I don't understand the Vigilante. For the most part, the correct move for the Vigilante will also be to kill the Mafioso, since then they get one of the Mafia down, which are typically of a much smaller group. Maybe, instead, the vigilante always kills their target if they choose to do that, or they can save anybody their target targets? IE: if I was a vigilante, I could target QP to kill him whether he is Mafia or not, he dies. Or, I can follow him, and if he tries to target somebody I save the person he targets? That way the vigilante will never harm the village with option two, but not necessarily help, but option one can both greatly harm and greatly help both sides?

Pulse is correct with his statement about revealing roles, unless you wanted to make lying about your role after death a mechanic. If that was the case though, I feel like we'd need more support for that in the rest of the roles.

I like the slightly easier victory condition for the mafia. It's a good idea.

Overall, seems pretty cool. *thumbs up*

(also hello again everyone)

(sorry I died)

E:words

If a Mafioso becomes an investigator's heir, they do stay a mafioso, yes, there's just no longer an investigator.

Might need to nerf the recruitment thing, true.

What if when the vigilante targets somebody, and if that somebody isn't a mafioso, they just die, but if they are a mafioso, the vigilante either has the choice to kill them, or save the mafia's target?

Okay, a few things here seem suspicious...

Mafia's head? that's new.

Mafia's heir? that's new.

Do you have a good understanding on how these types of games work?

And this really reminds me of a mafia game that occurred about a month ago.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

And, I dunno, it might, I don't go to G&T that often.

Any other input?

How many people are in the Mafia?

no idea

glad to see that you can be PMed now though

yeah that would've been nice last game, but I'm happy with the group I got because you couldn't be PMed, so it still wins!

Three mafiosi will kill the game quick.

I don't know, with the recruitment it may work out, depending on how good the village is at lynching the right people... :rolleyes:

Only one person can be lynched a day, and with the mafia either recruiting or killing, it's unlikely that what is at most a fifth of the population to begin with will be killed off before they can recruit more.

I'm thinking Recruiting takes two nights, whereas killing simply takes one.