BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

We can all be crazy together!

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

By the way Quisoves (since you're online), will XXVIII be ready once XXVII finishes up?

I am hesitant to say yes, but seeing as I've been doing scattered bits of writing lately, I think I can manage it. When is XXVII likely to end?

I think Valendale said by next week? It's on the last page somewhere.

By the way Quisoves (since you're online), will XXVIII be ready once XXVII finishes up?

I am hesitant to say yes, but seeing as I've been doing scattered bits of writing lately, I think I can manage it. When is XXVII likely to end?

I think Valendale said by next week? It's on the last page somewhere.

Looking at the OP, I see that the Mafia has all but won. So yeah, I should get the intro typed-up.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

YO YO PIRAKA should be rapping up very soon as well.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

another mafia game idea

there's one killing role; this role switches to a different player at the start of each round

goal is obviously to survive until the end of the game, or not be the killer when the killer for that round is lynched

Hasn't that been done before?... for that matter wasn't it one of your games? I like the idea regardless

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

another mafia game idea

there's one killing role; this role switches to a different player at the start of each round

goal is obviously to survive until the end of the game, or not be the killer when the killer for that round is lynched

Hasn't that been done before?... for that matter wasn't it one of your games? I like the idea regardless

Kinda. I experimented with it for the game that I handed off to JiMing (Requiem of the Dead) but there were other roles as well because we both chickened out of having a game possibly end Round 1 haha

This game would only have the mystery swapping killing role

Indeed I am. 

Signups for Heist of the Centuries are now open. 

• Upvote 2

So, I have a rough draft for a game I'd like to run when a slot opens up, if anyone wants to take a look and give be feedback, I'd really appreciate it.

More
Bionicle Mafia (Whatever number this is): Web Of Shadows!

In the far-off city of BeeZeetru, civilization thrives. Tall gleaming buildings, mostly punctual public transportation, streets only half filled with forgotten trash, truly a paradise! But for every shining metropolis, a seedy underbelly forms. Seeing potential for new nesting grounds, a Visorahk queen and her brood have moved into the city, displacing the local misunderstood youths and singing-dancing misanthropes in favor of their own, Mafia-style gang. Since the failure of Metru-Nui, the insects have been trying different tactics, and this may be their most subtle. Using specialized Visorahk, empowered by the Queen herself, they hope to recruit some in the city to their ranks, twisting the unfortunate residents to their will and killing those who oppose them.

However, there may be unexpected opposition in the city... Exterminators, bug hunters, a pharmacy student who's studying Visorahk venom for his PhD, and a secret detective all stand in the way of the dark web. Even some, who may be a secret for now could prove to be either friend or foe to the Mafia...

Roles:

Each role will have certain special abilities (and some may even have their own win conditions!) unique to them, which will be explained in further detail later on.

Mafia-aligned roles:

Queen: The head of the swarm, she makes final decision during the nights.

Visorahk (x5): The grunts, these can suggest targets and plans, but have no real power other than delivering the killing blow.

Town-aligned roles:

Detective: An elusive figure, he skulks around at night, searching for suspicious activity and keeping detailed notes about his findings.

Med student: Knows just enough about the Visorahk venom to be able to reverse the effects in a short period of time.

Bug hunters (x2): A pair of vigilantes, these two hunters will take to the streets if they have any suspicions.

Exterminators (3): Simple workmen, these trap-layers know how to proof their houses against infestations.

Lookout: A nosey Nelly, this person likes to hide in the bushes and see who gets visitors.

Lovebirds (x2): Just a couple of Matoran in love!

Villagers (x???): Misunderstood youths and singing-dancing misanthropes.

Role details:

This is where we get to see exactly what each role can do. (May be ommitted or changed for actual posting, surprise is nice.)

Mafia details:

Queen: In addition to making decisions, the Queen will know if she has been investigated by the Detective. After being investigated, the Queen can choose not to kill during the night in favor of using the Visorahk to attempt to find out who the Detective is. Each living Visorahk increases the chances of finding out the Detective's identity by 10%.

Visorahk (Kamakazee): This Visorahk  has a store of time-delayed Hordika venom, which can be distributed in a crowd at the cost of the Visorahk's life. The goal of this insect is to be executed during the day (NO REVEALING YOUR ROLE!) an to PM myself with a list of 3 players you'd like to infect. Each has a 20% chance of being infected, upon which they become Mafia aligned Hordika.

Visorahk (Disguiser): This Visorahk is a shapeshifter, able to make itself look like anybody. If this Visorahk goes to kill someone during the night, they can choose to look like any other living player.

Visorahk (Plague Doctor): This Visorahk can attempt to infect the nighttime target with Hordika venom if sent on the mission, leaving the target with a 40% chance of becoming a Mafia aligned Hordika the next night.

Visorahk (Janitor): A master of assassination, this Visorahk can dispose of a body quietly,  attempting to make it look as though the inhabitant simply moved away. If used, this Visorahk has a 20% chance or raising no suspicion, resulting in no daytime vote.

Visorahk (Web Theorist): A master of probabilities, this Visorahk can deduce with great likelyhood who else, if anyone will be visiting the nighttime target. If used, this Visorahk has a 50% chance of deducing any other visitors the target will get, as well as a chance at discovering their roles as well.

Town details:

Detective: An aspiring gumshoe, the Detective wants to prove himself on the force if he can crack the case of the Web, he'll be set for life. Each night, he can investigate one person. Upon discovery of a Mafia member, he will add them to his list. If he discovers the queen, he will also uncover the killer of the evening. Each night therafter, using his deductive skills, he will have a list of suspects to choose from. WIN CONDITION: Discover all members of the Mafia and close the case. (Can win posthumously, albeit very difficultly.)

Med Student: Researching for his thesis, the student treks the city at night, looking for unfortunate souls who have been infected with venom. Each night, he can visit one person. If found the same night as the infection, he can cure them, and use the knowledge gained from them for his thesis. WIN CONDITION: Cure 4 people of the venom, thus proving his thesis paper and getting his degree.

Bug Hunters: Former Dark Hunters, this pair have taken up arms again at the threat to their city. Each night after a killing has taken place, the Hunters can choose to go out and take vigilante justice on one person they think is responsible. If they choose incorrectly, one of the two will leave the city in shame. If it happens again, same dealio.

Exterminators: Just trying to make a living, (and also slightly paranoid) the Exterminators can choose to bug-proof their house at night. Each Exterminator gets 2 uses of bug-proofing per game. If targeted the same night as a bug-proofing, the Visorahk will be killed instead of the target.

Lookout: A member of the Neighborhood Watch, he's taken the Watch part literally. Sneaking to a house each night, the Lookout can see exactly who enters the home, though he doesn't know roles. He takes pictures, which will be added to the town bulletin board each day before the Detective can take them down.

Lovebirds: Two crazy kids in love. Each night they can decide if they go on a date or not. If on a date, if one is targeted, there is a 50% chance that both will survive, or both will die. If apart, and one is targeted, the surviving Birdy will become either a Bug Hunter or an Exterminator.

Villagers: Misunderstood youths and singing-dancing misanthropes.

Rules:

1: All BZP rules apply.

2: No revealing roles.

3: One vote switch may be used per-person per-vote. Switches must be posted in BOLD CAPS or they will be ignored.

4: Town wins when all Mafia have been killed or jailed, Mafia wins when all of town is gone.

Spots:

1-25ish.

Edit: Spoiler tag converted to "more" tag.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 2

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

I figured I'd likely hide some of that stuff, namely role details and maybe one or two of the roles themselves before it actually got posted for signups. I put all that detail in so that I had it written down somewhere, and to get some feedback on the game as a whole. Other than hiding some information, is there any more feedback?

((PS: Sorry for using a spoiler tag Wind, I had no idea there was a 'more' tag when I posted this.))

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Personally, I prefer no secrets in a Mafia game, but I'm fairly certain I'm an outlier in every way here so yeah

*Snaps fingers*

*coughcoughKarnivalcoughcoughdercoughcoughTotencoughcoughcoughcough*

I said I prefer no secrets

I wasn't playing Karneval, now was I?

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 5

Personally, I prefer no secrets in a Mafia game, but I'm fairly certain I'm an outlier in every way here so yeah

*Snaps fingers*

*coughcoughKarnivalcoughcoughdercoughcoughTotencoughcoughcoughcough*

I said I prefer no secrets

I wasn't playing Karneval, now was I?

*Snaps fingers*

So it's a purely subjective aversion?

gZsNWyr.png

What are the differences between main and side games?

Purely democratic. Main games can get more players and side games can get away wih more, or so the idea goes. In actuality, as games like Red Sea demonstrate, it's mostly just the former.

side games used to be the more experimental of the two but that's not really a deciding factor anymore (nor does it have to be).

E: also with Bionicle X Ninjago III serving as a buffer between XXVII and XXVIII I think this might be the first time (or at least the first time in a long time) that we've had two side games running at once but no main series games

Edited by Lucina

What are the differences between main and side games?

Purely democratic. Main games can get more players and side games can get away wih more, or so the idea goes. In actuality, as games like Red Sea demonstrate, it's mostly just the former.

side games used to be the more experimental of the two but that's not really a deciding factor anymore (nor does it have to be).

Indeed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making a criticism, merely an observation.

gZsNWyr.png