OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Let's not forget that, if not for Takua, the Toa Mata would never have gotten to Mata Nui, and the whole Bionicle Story would never have happened.  If not for Takua and Jaller, there's no Takanuva.  Twer it not for the Matoran Nui and the Chronicler's Company, the Toa Metru and the Toa Mata would be dead.  If not for me right now, you wouldn't be reading this :P.  Also, were it not for Takua being such a dashing success, no other Matoran would have been built.

So you're saying that Takanuva is the single most important character in the entire BIONICLE lore? Man, we really need him in the reboot.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

there is nothing against the theory that Protectors could just be Matoran in-story.

Well, other than the Bionicle team saying there are no Matoran on Okoto, you mean.

Well the villagers/protectors play the role of the matoran from what we can tell. It's like the difference between Agori and Matoran. If it weren't specified, no one would ever see one. If the protector species isn't the matoran one, we can probably easily consider them to be the same without much standing in our ways.

Not...really? the difference between Agori and Matoran in-story was pretty huge. One species was organic, the other was biomechanical, had slight elemental powers, and could turn into Toa under some circumstances. We have no idea how organic the Protectors are, or their abilities. Just because they are villagers does not make them the same as Matoran. It's too early to say.

besides, he seemed to be talking in a literal sense about the Protectors being Matoran, just not in promotional terms. Which is not the case.

But their roles were the same. They both held the place of villagers. Plus, If you took a 2008 matoran and put it next to an Agori, most people unfamiliar with Bionicle would think they're the same species. 

I'm just saying that calling the protectors/villagers matoran shouldn't be a big deal (from what we know now) since they aren't such a huge departure role-wise.

• Upvote 2

The Turaga were most useless. All they did was stand around and run their mouths like the geezers they are. We were always told the Turaga still had some elemental powers, but we certainly never saw them use it.

I hated them an their b.s. (Bachelor of Science)  "legends" and "Sacred fire". But that is probably because I got into BIONICLE in 2009, and all the info was already available by that time...

Yes, yes. What is the point of them having elemental powers and mask, if they do not use them AT ALL. I could rarely remember a time. I think the only time was when Vakama used his Huna against the Rahi-Nui, Nokama translating the MoL, and maybe something else I missed... They act weaker than the matoran, sometimes, but yet they have more power.

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Plus, If you took a 2008 matoran and put it next to an Agori, most people unfamiliar with Bionicle would think they're the same species. 

That's because LEGO made a build so specialized and useless for anything else they had to use it whole-cloth the next year to make sure the molds weren't completely wasted. It's like why we got the Bohrok Kal except the Bohrok were actually good.

• Upvote 4

@Banana Gunz: That's....still not really relevant to the discussion to which I responded, though.

So... what discussion were you responding to? I don't see how what I said was completely irrelevant.

Plus, If you took a 2008 matoran and put it next to an Agori, most people unfamiliar with Bionicle would think they're the same species. 

That's because LEGO made a build so specialized and useless for anything else they had to use it whole-cloth the next year to make sure the molds weren't completely wasted. It's like why we got the Bohrok Kal except the Bohrok were actually good.

I'm sorry? Any way, matoran and Agori are generally made to look/be very similar. Sure, they have some serious differences, but think about how that only really matters so much to more invested fans. I don't think Lego released that build system just for one year and decided they had to use it again. If they thought it was a mistake and wanted to change it, they clearly didn't show it. Plus, they used it later for the Stars as well (it's arguable that the Stars might've not been released at all, but they were, and they used the system)

• Upvote 1

The Turaga were most useless. All they did was stand around and run their mouths like the geezers they are. We were always told the Turaga still had some elemental powers, but we certainly never saw them use it.

I hated them an their b.s. (Bachelor of Science)  "legends" and "Sacred fire". But that is probably because I got into BIONICLE in 2009, and all the info was already available by that time...

Yes, yes. What is the point of them having elemental powers and mask, if they do not use them AT ALL. I could rarely remember a time. I think the only time was when Vakama used his Huna against the Rahi-Nui, Nokama translating the MoL, and maybe something else I missed... They act weaker than the matoran, sometimes, but yet they have more power.

Yeah, the way they acted weaker irked me. They had power, should've used it. We never actually saw them form Kaita or Nui either. In fact, Kaita and Nui in general were under-used. We know Matoran Nui and Turaga Nui are possible, but what about Toa Nui? That would've been cool to see if it were possible. I sure hope Kaita at least return...don't see why the Inika/Mahri didn't use them. Makes even less sense that the Nuva forgot about them in 2008. They'd used them in 2001 and 2002, but why didn't they get the idea to when going up against all those Makuta?

I'm sorry? Any way, matoran and Agori are generally made to look/be very similar. Sure, they have some serious differences, but think about how that only really matters so much to more invested fans. I don't think Lego released that build system just for one year and decided they had to use it again. If they thought it was a mistake and wanted to change it, they clearly didn't show it. Plus, they used it later for the Stars as well (it's arguable that the Stars might've not been released at all, but they were, and they used the system)

That doesn't change how terrible the build was; it was terrible in the Stars, too.

The Matoran and Agori are similar because basically 2009 was about taking the basic niches of Bionicle and filling them with new species. Agori filled the role of Matoran and Turaga, and Glatorian filled the role of Toa. The Skrall were evil because in fiction black guys are always evil

This does not, however, mean that Agori and Matoran are interchangeable; if I remember correctly, this discussion started because I said new creatures wouldn't be called "Rahi" because of the nuances of the term "Rahi", and someone brought up the possibility of this story still having the Matoran Universe, but someone pointed out the Protectors aren't Matoran, which is true. Protectors aren't Matoran just like Agori aren't Matoran. They fill the same niche in the story, but they are, in the end, different, and therefore the unique brand of life that took the name Rahi likely won't exist either. I don't know what kind of non-Skull Spider critters we'll see, but I'd be very surprised if they were any of the creatures we saw before, or even called Rahi. This looks to be an almost completely detatched setting.

@Banana Gunz: That's....still not really relevant to the discussion to which I responded, though.

So... what discussion were you responding to? I don't see how what I said was completely irrelevant.

Lucina was saying that any Rahi-like creatures we saw probably wouldn't be called Rahi because it's a term for MU animals, which things on Okoto are not. Then TGN said that we don't know yet if it's not just a rebooted Matoran Universe, and that Protectors might even be called Matoran in the story. Then I said they wouldn't, because there are no Matoran on Okoto, so they're not going to be called Matoran. It was a discussion about terms and the MAtoran Universe, not about the roles the characters or species would have. 

AXKP5KC.png

Uh, you just have to look at his post. Takua was da man.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Yeah, the way they acted weaker irked me. They had power, should've used it. We never actually saw them form Kaita or Nui either. In fact, Kaita and Nui in general were under-used. We know Matoran Nui and Turaga Nui are possible, but what about Toa Nui? That would've been cool to see if it were possible. I sure hope Kaita at least return...don't see why the Inika/Mahri didn't use them. Makes even less sense that the Nuva forgot about them in 2008. They'd used them in 2001 and 2002, but why didn't they get the idea to when going up against all those Makuta?

I want to know why they didn't use a kaita in 2006, when they were almost dead at the hands of the Piraka.

Toa Nui is a myth; it isn't real.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

So you're saying that Takanuva is the single most important character in the entire BIONICLE lore? Man, we really need him in the reboot.

Just a quick question - does everyone want Takua, or Takanuva back?

-NotS

I wouldn't mind seeing at the very least a villager as awesome as him, at the very least a cameo

I want to know why they didn't use a kaita in 2006, when they were almost dead at the hands of the Piraka.

That... is a very good question actually. They got there bio-mechanical posteriors handed to them by a much more powerful foe, by round two we should have seen them pull out Wairuha and Akamai like they did against the Kal or the Manas! Sure, the Kaita failed utterly against the Kal, but that was only due to the fact that the Kal had:

1. Stolen the Nuva's powers
  2. formed their own Kaita

But imagine a Kaita with Nuva-level powers...

Still, I hope we get to see something like the Kaita and Nui combinations in-story again, 'cause those were cool.

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

-NotS

I think it would be cool to see Takanuva with the new building system, but it would already be difficult to visually distinguish him from Kopaka, who uses white primary and gold secondary. Either Takanuva would have to go the Rocka route and have gold as his primary and white as his secondary color, or the 2008 route with gunmetal grey and white.

• Upvote 1

-NotS

I think it would be cool to see Takanuva with the new building system, but it would already be difficult to visually distinguish him from Kopaka, who uses white primary and gold secondary. Either Takanuva would have to go the Rocka route and have gold as his primary and white as his secondary color, or the 2008 route with gunmetal grey and white.

I think you're leaving out a number of color options. Transparent, Trans. Yellow, Glow White... they don't need to limit themselves to what's been done before for a Toa of Light.

• Upvote 4

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

-NotS

I think you're leaving out a number of color options. Transparent, Trans. Yellow, Glow White... they don't need to limit themselves to what's been done before for a Toa of Light.

If Takanuva came back with gold and glow white and transparent yellow as a tertiary colour.... <3

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Was that the case from the start, or was the Toa Nui at some point something actually attainable? If it's the latter, that's the world's laziest way of making sure you never have to fire Chekhov's gun.

Greg answers on subject from oldest to newest: 

11 i read some were about toa nui the fusion of six toa is this really posible or was it a mistake on the page?

11) The Toa Nui is a legend. It has not existed in the universe and most likely never will.

4.I know that the Toa Nui is just a legend, but i remeber someone saying that if it was created, it would have the powers of Mata Nui. Is this true?

4) Irrelevant, since one will never exist

7) This next question is about Toa Nui. If yuo do now want to answer it, just put DHT (Don't have time)

If a Toa Nui is as strong as Mata Nui, would a Toa Nui Nuva be stronger than Mata Nui? Also, can Toa form "Combos" of more than 6 Toa?

7) Since there is no such thing as a Toa Nui, the point is moot.

7. I remember hearing something about a "Toa Nui". Is that possible to be formed?

7) No such thing exists.

1. Why is there no Toa nui, even though there are Matoran and Turaga ones? Apparently Turaga Nui exist, since the official combiner appears on the Wiki page.

1) Because it simply doesn't exist. There is no such thing in the BIONICLE universe. 

1. However, considering these were made by Great beings/ Glatorian etc., I see no reason why the GBs omitted a Toa Nui, so basically to rephrase my question: Why didn't the GBs make a Toa Nui? 

1) Because they didn't, simple as that. I think, seeing the devastation wrought by the Glatorian on their own world, maybe they felt making it possible for there to be a being as powerful as a Toa Nui would be was a bad idea.

5. I know you said a Toa Nui couldn't exist, but could a Spear of Fusion create one?

5) No, because one cannot exist.

1. I know you have said that a Toa Nui does not exist, but can six Toa fuse together, and what would the fusion be called if so?

1) No, they can't, because if they could, they would be forming a Nui.

15. Is a Toa Nui (fusion of six) possible? If so, what powers would it have?

15) Then BS01 is wrong, because the creation of a Toa Nui was never possible. Toa Nui is a myth. The closest we have had to one is Krahka, who passed out from trying to control the power. From a story standpoint, a Toa Nui is too powerful and would unbalance the story.

-NotS

I wouldn't mind Takua or Takanuva returning to the story. Aside from maybe one or two battles in the Karda Nui arc, we never really got to see Takanuva fight alongside the Toa Nuva. So it would be cool to see him interact more with the Toa Okoto if he does make a return in 2015.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

They taught the Toa Mata everything there was that they knew. The Toa Mata would be idiots if not for the Turaga. The seventh Toa might've even never existed!

Edited by ~ Toa Of Shadows ~

Click me to see my Youtube Channel!
:t:  :m_o:  :a:   :m_o:  :f:   :s:  :h:  :a:  :m_d:  :m_o:  :w:  :s:

Just give me a Toa Team of old characters in this alternate universe. Maybe...

1. Jaller- Master of Fire

2. Idris- Master of Water

3. Garan- Master of Earth 

4. Tamma- Master of Jungle

5. Matoro- Master of Ice

6. Hafu- Master of Stone

Edited by Turaga Jack

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

4. Tamma- Master of Air

5. Matoro- Master of Ice

6. Hafu- Master of Stone

Tanma is an Av-Matoran. :P

Wow, it really has been a while. But Yeah, but since he's green I could see them changing that.

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

4. Tamma- Master of Air

5. Matoro- Master of Ice

6. Hafu- Master of Stone

Tanma is an Av-Matoran. :P

Wow, it really has been a while. But Yeah, but since he's green I could see them changing that.

Oh man, now I want a Toa/Master with a lime + gold colour scheme...

"Onua gazes upon the Earth and sees riches. It is our Duty to dig, and our Destiny to find them"

- Aiyetoro

*snip* 

7.  "Toa Nui". Is that possible?

7) No.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I wonder that as well, but I guess Greg forgot about Kaita eventually.

-NotS

I wouldn't mind seeing at the very least a villager as awesome as him, at the very least a cameo

That... is a very good question actually. They got there bio-mechanical posteriors handed to them by a much more powerful foe, by round two we should have seen them pull out Wairuha and Akamai like they did against the Kal or the Manas! Sure, the Kaita failed utterly against the Kal, but that was only due to the fact that the Kal had:

1. Stolen the Nuva's powers
  2. formed their own Kaita

But imagine a Kaita with Nuva-level powers...

Still, I hope we get to see something like the Kaita and Nui combinations in-story again, 'cause those were cool.

Yeah, seeing them again would be very nice. Remember though, the Nuva went into that fight very confident and cocky. They expected a quick, easy victory. Plus I think Greg honestly forgot about Kaita at that point.

Was that the case from the start, or was the Toa Nui at some point something actually attainable? If it's the latter, that's the world's laziest way of making sure you never have to fire Chekhov's gun.

Greg answers on subject from oldest to newest: 

11 i read some were about toa nui the fusion of six toa is this really posible or was it a mistake on the page?

11) The Toa Nui is a legend. It has not existed in the universe and most likely never will.

4.I know that the Toa Nui is just a legend, but i remeber someone saying that if it was created, it would have the powers of Mata Nui. Is this true?

4) Irrelevant, since one will never exist

7) This next question is about Toa Nui. If yuo do now want to answer it, just put DHT (Don't have time)

If a Toa Nui is as strong as Mata Nui, would a Toa Nui Nuva be stronger than Mata Nui? Also, can Toa form "Combos" of more than 6 Toa?

7) Since there is no such thing as a Toa Nui, the point is moot.

7. I remember hearing something about a "Toa Nui". Is that possible to be formed?

7) No such thing exists.

1. Why is there no Toa nui, even though there are Matoran and Turaga ones? Apparently Turaga Nui exist, since the official combiner appears on the Wiki page.

1) Because it simply doesn't exist. There is no such thing in the BIONICLE universe. 

1. However, considering these were made by Great beings/ Glatorian etc., I see no reason why the GBs omitted a Toa Nui, so basically to rephrase my question: Why didn't the GBs make a Toa Nui? 

1) Because they didn't, simple as that. I think, seeing the devastation wrought by the Glatorian on their own world, maybe they felt making it possible for there to be a being as powerful as a Toa Nui would be was a bad idea.

5. I know you said a Toa Nui couldn't exist, but could a Spear of Fusion create one?

5) No, because one cannot exist.

1. I know you have said that a Toa Nui does not exist, but can six Toa fuse together, and what would the fusion be called if so?

1) No, they can't, because if they could, they would be forming a Nui.

15. Is a Toa Nui (fusion of six) possible? If so, what powers would it have?

15) Then BS01 is wrong, because the creation of a Toa Nui was never possible. Toa Nui is a myth. The closest we have had to one is Krahka, who passed out from trying to control the power. From a story standpoint, a Toa Nui is too powerful and would unbalance the story.

I love how Greg doesn't really give much of a reason other than "just because I said so". Would be too OP anyways though

They taught the Toa Mata everything there was that they knew. The Toa Mata would be idiots if not for the Turaga. The seventh Toa might've even never existed!

I really meant they were useless in fights. The part about them running their mouths was just a bit of a joke. Their wisdom truly helped the Toa Mata. But the fact they never used their elemental powers always bothered me.

• Upvote 1

I wonder, if / when the MoUP is released, if it will appear with the flames as it does in the legend animation, or as the mask underneath (which looks like an Avohkii to me, for some odd reason).

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Looks like Vultraz's mask.

All Hail King Vultraz.

All Hail King Vultraz.

Aaaaww nooooo. Staaaawp iiit.

I have heard 'King Vultraz' so much I'm going to start having nightmares about it. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

All Hail King Vultraz.

Aaaaww nooooo. Staaaawp iiit.

I have heard 'King Vultraz' so much I'm going to start having nightmares about it.
I already have :( Edited by Turaga Karera

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png