OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

How about we look at Tahu as not "Gen1 awesome transferred to new setting" but "Gen2 new hero"? This isn't that Tahu that wiped out an entire horde of Rahkshi, but a new Tahu, who upon looking at a swarm of spiders he has no idea how to beat, went and ran for a batter weapon with which to stop them.

BlueBlur, say you were in the Amazon and saw a swarm of army ants heading your way. Or in California and saw a warm of killer bees. What would you, personally, do?

.....I'd probably run....

Now Tahu's doing the same thing you would, and you're calling him a coward. The skull spiders are worse than killer bees. Even if he did have a flamethrower (his powers) on hand, there's no way he could take out all of them before one got him. It's a numbers thing; Tahu could kill thousands upon thousands, but they have more, and only need to hit him once.

...I guess you do have a point....

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Is everyone forgetting that they are arachnids? Unless made of something stronger than the average spider, fire would completely roast them.

You realize that the green skull spiders are lava-resistant, right? Quoting the Fire Protector's product description on the Bionicle website...

"The Protector of Fire is under attack from the Skull Spider emerging from the molten lava lake."

Skull spiders are pretty tough. :P 

I was pretty disappointed when I saw that the video didn't feature multiple breeds of Skull Spiders attacking Tahu at once. I really wanted to know what a kaleidoscope of green, blue, and white would look like.  

Just wait for episode 12 or something when all the Toa come together and fight off seemingly endless waves of Skull Spiders as they charge toward the Ancient City.

Since the app still has several screenshots from the animations that have yet to appear, I think that the next episode will feature the tales of the other Toa and show them getting their masks. As fun as it is to watch Tahu, after he gets his golden mask I'd like to see a bit more of the other Toa... especially Lewa & Onua. :P

• Upvote 4

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Since the app still has several screenshots from the animations that have yet to appear, I think that the next episode will feature the tales of the other Toa and show them getting their masks. As fun as it is to watch Tahu, after he gets his golden mask I'd like to see a bit more of the other Toa... especially Lewa & Onua. :P

I hope so. I was really looking forward to seeing how the other Toa handle the swarms as they attack them and their Protectors. 

bZpOwEr

I really hope all these shorts arent going to be ultra short, ~minute long animations with cheezy dialouge and one guy doing bad voice acting. So far all of these have been very subpar. I hope the book is good, cause thats pretty much the only way we're probably going to get real conversations between the toa unless that guy is going to talk to himself more.

Edited by hiddenderek

I really hope all these shorts arent going to be ultra short, ~minute long animations with cheezy dialouge and one guy doing bad voice acting. So far all of these have been very subpar.

I can't see why they'd change the style at this point. Perhaps they should've taken the Templar animations route and had the dialogue written out with the voices left to the imagination.

Everybody's jonathans are getting crumpled over Tahu not wanting to fight an entire swarm of skull spiders. It's really funny.

Well, for a central hero to flee is a little out of expected character.

Everybody's jonathans are getting crumpled over Tahu not wanting to fight an entire swarm of skull spiders. It's really funny.

He hasn't really done anything heroic though, has he?

Self MOC: Fren

How lewd

Lava surfing...that's gotta count for something... 

bZpOwEr

So are we done with ripping on Superman and talking aboutTahu being cowardly/not cowardly? Yes? Alright.

So is there any reason to pose Tahu in his Adrenaline Mode if you can't actually see his board if you put him on a shelf?

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So I briefly did a test with both Tahu and Kopaka and had them fight old Bionicles, Bohrok and then Nidhiki and Krekka and Tahu's arm fell off once but it didn't happen again.  His mask fell off in about three encounters, once against the Bohrok, again against Nidhiki and Krekka, and a final time when fighting three Rahkshi.  Nothing of Koapaka fell off.

How do Lewa and Pohatu compare as sets?  Curious as I'm trying to decide which one I will get.

Edited by Dimension Lord

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

Lewa has weird proportions in the arms and shoulder department, but it all pulls together and I really like the look of it all? The colour scheme looked weird at first but then I figure the orange is indicative of decaying plant matter. My least favourite Toa set of the crew, but I still like it.

Pohatu is the smallest but still pretty neat to put together. The lime green does not bother me as much as I initially thought it did, and it all kinda comes together.

• Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Lewa has weird proportions in the arms and shoulder department, but it all pulls together and I really like the look of it all? The colour scheme looked weird at first but then I figure the orange is indicative of decaying plant matter. My least favourite Toa set of the crew, but I still like it.

Pohatu is the smallest but still pretty neat to put together. The lime green does not bother me as much as I initially thought it did, and it all kinda comes together.

I felt like Lewa's shoulder and arm proportions were meant to make him seem more lanky than the other Toa, which is admittedly fitting for a jungle-themed character.

I just noticed something. You know how PoF doesn't have elbows in his set form? Well he actually does. After watching that animation, I noticed that the Glatorian necks his arms are connected to are portrated as being his upper arms. Which means that the PoF's lower arms are armored, and his upper arms are static and can't be posed.

Here is a stick figure depicting PoF's set pose. Kind of odd, but it makes sense.  :P

_O_

|   |   |

o  |  o

/ \

Well, he just carried someone up a volcano.  That's got to count for something.

He also accidentally saved the villagers from 3 skull spiders. :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

I felt like Lewa's shoulder and arm proportions were meant to make him seem more lanky than the other Toa, which is admittedly fitting for a jungle-themed character.

Yes, but as a result of being Lanky, the unfortunate side effects are

• no style
  • no grace
  • this Kong has a funny face
  • Upvote 9

So I think I'll be getting Pohatu (his lack of pieces I don't think will be an issue, the unarmored arm certainly makes him unique) and Gali, just wish Amazon was plausible to order them from, but both are much higher priced than they would be normally.

I'll probably get Lewa with Onua if I decide to get his set.

Edited by Dimension Lord

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."

Who else can FEEL THE POWAAAAAAAAA after watching that episode?

• Upvote 2

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Yes, but as a result of being Lanky, the unfortunate side effects are

• no style
  • no grace
  • this Kong has a funny face

This Toa is an utter disgrace.

• Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Oh, by the way: http://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/BottomMenu/Blog/01142014-bionicle-winner.aspx

The anger is coming. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I really hope all these shorts arent going to be ultra short, ~minute long animations with cheezy dialouge and one guy doing bad voice acting. So far all of these have been very subpar.

I can't see why they'd change the style at this point. Perhaps they should've taken the Templar animations route and had the dialogue written out with the voices left to the imagination.

That would have been lightyears better. Right now its so awkward.

Who else can FEEL THE POWAAAAAAAAA after watching that episode?

I CAN FEEL THE POWER!!!

Fire Lord: Once you taste the power, YOU CAN'T STOP!

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator
  • Upvote 2

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Yaaaaay, I'm witnessing a new Bio2015 meme being made firsthand. 

Edited by Chasm
  • Upvote 4

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Yaaaaay, a I'm witnessing a new Bio2015 meme being made firsthand. 

Hello, I'm in in the BZKoronan outback.

Behold, a pack of wild Bionicle fanboys grazing on some discussion grasses. 

Wait, one has reared its head back. Folks, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! The fanboys are engaging in an activity known as 'meme creating', this is the first time this has ever been caught on camera! 

• Upvote 4

bZpOwEr

Man! I wish the episodes were longer! This just left so much to be desired. I mean a good chunk of the episode is a recap of last time, and the Tahu story doesn't really feel like it gets anywhere because we already know what is going to happen next. I really hope we see the rest of the Toa get their golden masks as well - not just in their promo animations, but like individually. It's a big part of the story and it's a little weird they are already getting them right off of the bat. 

Protector of Fire was pretty cool, loved how his launcher wiped out like a whole army of Skull Spiders. 

Hope these are weekly (or bi-weekly) releases.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

In other news either BZP is really glitching out on me or Makaru quoted me twice in posts that do not exist. This argument is so hot it is burning through the site's ability to care enough to hold it together. I don't blame it.

Scooting discussion a bit towards a criticism that might be more valid. The decision to make the Toa journey for "weeks" to get their masks strikes me as pretty odd. That's kind of a really long time for them to not meet each other, and more importantly kind of a long time to just skip. Seems to me like those weeks-long journeys would have been a good place to characterize the Protectors and build up relationships between them and the Toa. Perhaps learn a bit more about each village and whatnot? Like I don't want a full debriefing on what gross bugs they ate each day or what the weather was like and how many exciting rocks they upturned and how many weird trees they had to cut down or what ever.  But at least like maybe one episode for each pair of them just talking it out? Maybe. The pacing so far is honestly kinda weird.

But it seems like there were a few posts since I started writing this so it's back to that discussion I guess. Whoo.

I wonder if those journeys might be explored in stories at any point down the line. We're supposed to be getting books later in the year, for instance, and the Ninjago chapter books from the first year each included multiple stories that occurred at different points during that year's story. So, for instance, the book Zane: Ninja of Ice included two stories: a short story, "Getting the Joke", which took place shortly before the ninja had obtained the first of the golden weapons, and a long-form story divided into chapters, "The Choice", which took place after the Ninja had obtained the full set of golden weapons, but before they had been stolen by Lord Garmadon and the skeleton army. If the Bionicle books have any sort of similar structure (and I have to say I love the idea of a full set of books each focused on a specific Toa), then the Toa's journeys to their golden masks could be good story material.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

In other news either BZP is really glitching out on me or Makaru quoted me twice in posts that do not exist. This argument is so hot it is burning through the site's ability to care enough to hold it together. I don't blame it.

Scooting discussion a bit towards a criticism that might be more valid. The decision to make the Toa journey for "weeks" to get their masks strikes me as pretty odd. That's kind of a really long time for them to not meet each other, and more importantly kind of a long time to just skip. Seems to me like those weeks-long journeys would have been a good place to characterize the Protectors and build up relationships between them and the Toa. Perhaps learn a bit more about each village and whatnot? Like I don't want a full debriefing on what gross bugs they ate each day or what the weather was like and how many exciting rocks they upturned and how many weird trees they had to cut down or what ever.  But at least like maybe one episode for each pair of them just talking it out? Maybe. The pacing so far is honestly kinda weird.

But it seems like there were a few posts since I started writing this so it's back to that discussion I guess. Whoo.

I wonder if those journeys might be explored in stories at any point down the line. We're supposed to be getting books later in the year, for instance, and the Ninjago chapter books from the first year each included multiple stories that occurred at different points during that year's story. So, for instance, the book Zane: Ninja of Ice included two stories: a short story, "Getting the Joke", which took place shortly before the ninja had obtained the first of the golden weapons, and a long-form story divided into chapters, "The Choice", which took place after the Ninja had obtained the full set of golden weapons, but before they had been stolen by Lord Garmadon and the skeleton army. If the Bionicle books have any sort of similar structure (and I have to say I love the idea of a full set of books each focused on a specific Toa), then the Toa's journeys to their golden masks could be good story material.

Yeah. I would love a small, funny story then, later in the book, a serious one.

Edited by moamahrimatoro

cringe

Anyone know the Bricklink term for 'Bohrok eyes'? Can't find 'em to save the Human species.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg