OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Got Gali, PoS, PoW, and LoSS yesterday. PoS is probably my favorite so far, I like how the spikes on his feet and arm give him kind of a biomechanical look. LoSS reminds me a lot of the old 2001 Rahi. He looks cool and he's got a cool function, but he's a bit of a brick when it comes to articulation. Also, it feels really wierd to go back to the same section of the same Toys R Us that I went to in 2001 to buy Bionicle again.

They are now all available on the UK S@H...it's beautiful, although I'm still gonna have to wait and see if amazon will get their act together.

Agreed on that one. Not to keen on having a massive boxed stamped LEGO ending up at my door.

• Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Anyone been to Walmart today? Haven't seen anyone mention finding a huge stash of sets there yet.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Just made a order on Tahu, Lewa, Gali, 2 Onya, Protector of Earth, Ice and Jungle and 4 Lord of Skull Spider.

Hope they are good that people say...         beside the Earth Protector, that one I know is going to look bad.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I kind of want to order them online... But at the same time, I really want to walk into a store and see the glorious array of sets lining the shelves. I want to experience picking up the packaging in store, taking it to the till and purchasing a new Bionicle for the first time in a long while.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I kind of want to order them online... But at the same time, I really want to walk into a store and see the glorious array of sets lining the shelves. I want to experience picking up the packaging in store, taking it to the till and purchasing a new Bionicle for the first time in a long while.

-NotS

I saw it yesterday, in one of the last states to get these sets, and it's a sight worth seeing.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I was legit taken by surprise last weekend when I saw these at a TRU in Milwaukee WI. I had no idea whatsoever that Bionicle was making a comeback. I promptly bought up Tahu, Onua, and Pohatu to see how the building experience has changed. These sets feel like a true hybrid of Lego and an action figure. I was very impressed. No kaita though, so that was a tad disappointing. I'll likely get all 6 and their Turaga..Protectors they're going by now? Goodness, it's been too long!

Yes it also brought me back to this forum :P

blast-hornet.gif Member #473. Gator%2Blikes%2Bwheels.gif

I was legit taken by surprise last weekend when I saw these at a TRU in Milwaukee WI. I had no idea whatsoever that Bionicle was making a comeback. I promptly bought up Tahu, Onua, and Pohatu to see how the building experience has changed. These sets feel like a true hybrid of Lego and an action figure. I was very impressed. No kaita though, so that was a tad disappointing. I'll likely get all 6 and their Turaga..Protectors they're going by now? Goodness, it's been too long!

Welcome back  :bzp:

They apparently are releasing Toa-Protector combiners, so we could see Toa Kaitas in the future.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

They are now all available on the UK S@H...it's beautiful, although I'm still gonna have to wait and see if amazon will get their act together.

Agreed on that one. Not to keen on having a massive boxed stamped LEGO ending up at my door.

Yeah plus ordering from lego directly usually takes longer, good news is that some of the new bionicles have gone to "2-5 weeks" so hopefully it should soon be normal delivery time. 

It's time to move on.

Whoa! I just unlocked some kind of alternate form for Onua in the Bionicle game. Possibly the Protec-Toa of Earth? He has a claw on one arm, holds his hammer in the other, and in fact has a tail!

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I don't know what to tell you.

-Mr. Swag

You talking to me?

Who else would I be talking to? Don't be a ball of lead, please.

-Mr. Swag

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I don't think it's that big a deal to order the sets online, myself? Personally, my schedule does not allow me to physically visit stores, so ordering online is more convenient. Besides, the lego site listed them as shipping within seven days for me.

Yeah, same with me. Don't wanna go out in the cold for hours, searching for all the sets I'm missing so I just ordered them off  Walmart.com. 

They should be here in 5 days or less.

-Mr. Swag

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Welcome back  :bzp:

They apparently are releasing Toa-Protector combiners, so we could see Toa Kaitas in the future.

Why thank you! Good to be back. I missed this pleasant community. But enough about me XD

That does indeed give me hope. The protecto-combiners are cool too and I plan to get them all as well. I'm also hoping for the return of the titans and /their/ combiners. Anyone remember the Kardas Dragon? I still got mine. That thing was crazy-awesome!

• Upvote 2

blast-hornet.gif Member #473. Gator%2Blikes%2Bwheels.gif

-Mr. Swag

You talking to me?

-Mr. Swag

Well I'd like to remind you we have this thing called a "quote button", please use it as otherwise your post can look like it's directed at anyone, and I have no clue what a ball of lead is, and if you wanna know why I did it in the first place it's because I wanted to see if it's a mistake made by amazon for future reference.

• Upvote 4

It's time to move on.

Recorded this bitty after finding all of the new sets at Toys R Us on the 31st.

I must apologize for my lack of composure in this. I was just so happy, I couldn't contain myself. I don't know what came over me...

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 1

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

-Mr. Swag

You talking to me?

-Mr. Swag

Well I'd like to remind you we have this thing called a "quote button", please use it as otherwise your post can look like it's directed at anyone, and I have no clue what a ball of lead is, and if you wanna know why I did it in the first place it's because I wanted to see if it's a mistake made by amazon for future reference.

The ball of lead thing is an attempt to call you dense. Just ignore it and move on. 

So, I ordered from Amazon...they'll be here tomorrow because I've got Prime! :D

• Upvote 2

-Mr. Swag

You talking to me?

-Mr. Swag

The ball of lead thing is an attempt to call you dense. Just ignore it and move on. 

Not to mention you're on the U.S site, the UK version is the one with this problem, on that subject I just ordered two protectors and three toa from lego directly (funny enough they're not having any issues). 

It's time to move on.

Anyone got a Amazon link for Tahu? Can't seem to find him.

-Mr. Swag

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's been a while since I've been here so, hello again to those of you who remember me. So, I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty off put by the price tags on the Toa. $15 didn't seem that bad, it's basically only an extra $2 from say the later sets, but $20 for a Toa? You've gotta be kidding me! Then I actually got some of the new Toa, and wow, I'd say $20 is pretty fair to ask for a near titan size Toa. I love these new sets. So far I have Tahu, Lewa, Pohatu, and the protector of Fire. The new forms are just enough of a throwback to 2001 while still keeping the more intricate designs we started seeing later on. I never touched Hero Factory, so a lot of these designs are pretty new to me, but it feels like the classic Bionicle. Especially putting them together, was a blast from the past and a totally new experience. I love the snap on armor, it feels so satisfying to put on. I might even go as far as to say I like the 2015 versions better than some of the G1 incarnations. (I'm looking at you Mistika and Phantoka, not bad sets but I have a hard time looking at Tahu Mistika and saying "that's Tahu") And hey, they brought back the gears! That's awesome too. I'm glad they kept the tacked on weapons for the Protectors (yes, they actually work, but not as satisfying as the zamor launcher but they basically work they way the cordak blasters should have worked, the little studs are easy to lose, but on the bright side for a person like me who owns a lot of leogs, they're just as easy to replace) I don't see myself getting all the protectors though, they're neat but other than extra parts I don't know if I'll get all them. I have a few very minor nitpicks with the new toys but I'm willing to look past them because I'm just so happy Bionicle is back and it's just as good as I remember it. Well done, Lego.

• Upvote 1

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

-Mr. Swag

You talking to me?

-Mr. Swag

Not to mention you're on the U.S site, the UK version is the one with this problem, on that subject I just ordered two protectors and three toa from lego directly (funny enough they're not having any issues).

Most likely because they ship it from Denmark, where as Amazin ship from the UK. Keep me updated on your amazon endevour though please.
  • Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Was anyone else as blown away by how awesome this whole reboot has turned out??? I went into this wanting to hate the 2015 sets, but I can't help but absolutely love them. Ugh inner 11 year old is having a fanboy moment haha

Me too! But I wish there was more bad guy sets in this Winter wave than just LoSS.

Hopefully the Summer wave is mostly villains. (cough cough) 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Was anyone else as blown away by how awesome this whole reboot has turned out??? I went into this wanting to hate the 2015 sets, but I can't help but absolutely love them. Ugh inner 11 year old is having a fanboy moment haha

Me too! But I wish there was more bad guy sets in this Winter wave than just LoSS.

I completely agree! They need more of a threat than the skull spiders and the LoSS. I personally feel that the rahkshi were great adversaries so maybe an evolution of those villains would do the trick.

• Upvote 1

I completely agree! They need more of a threat than the skull spiders and the LoSS. I personally feel that the rahkshi were great adversaries so maybe an evolution of those villains would do the trick.

We'll get better villains in the summer wave. LOSS is essentially the boss at the end of the tutorial stage.

Well remember, back in the day when the heroes came out we often didn't get villains until the next wave of sets, or vice versa. :P

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

Hopefully the Summer wave is mostly villains. (cough cough)

Well remember, back in the day when the heroes came out we often didn't get villains until the next wave of sets, or vice versa. :P

True. Remember how the Phantoka and Mistika waves were different just for including both heroes and villains?

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

-Mr. Swag

You talking to me?

-Mr. Swag

Most likely because they ship it from Denmark, where as Amazin ship from the UK. Keep me updated on your amazon endevour though please.

I'll make sure to do so, estimated date is still the same (Jan 30-Feb 7), however though lego direct are doing the standard "3-5 working days", so I can confirm there is no big issue with bionicle stocks in the UK.

It's time to move on.