OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Av-Matoran are they the ones who look like mini-Turaga? with the Bohrok eyes for groins? If so not really a fan of them myself. I think I like the rebuilt versions the best as it has the best feel to the original Matoran. Even though the original Matoran build was actually the later Metru forms story wise. Yeah was that as confusing as it sounded to me?

Also sorry to hear about your broken piece Bfahome. I have the same problem with some of my old McToran sets I found while digging them out. The arms snapped in half on one or two of them.

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

No, the Av-matoran were the small sets with pre-bent limbs, one-piece grey torsos, and Mata feet. And they had those trans heads with a socket coming horizontally off the back.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

No, Av-Matoran are those Matorans with the agori and stars set builds. They are absolute rubbish and a step backwards from the previous matoran, even the mctoran sets. I like the metruan build the best, everything is as proportionate as it can get, unlike the rebuilding forms, which gave them weird arms.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Av-Matoran are they the ones who look like mini-Turaga? with the Bohrok eyes for groins? If so not really a fan of them myself. I think I like the rebuilt versions the best as it has the best feel to the original Matoran. Even though the original Matoran build was actually the later Metru forms story wise. Yeah was that as confusing as it sounded to me?

Av-Matoran were the Matoran that were $1 more expensive while having, like, half of the pieces of previous small sets.

You're thinking of the Voyatoran, who, while also not the best bang for your buck, I thought were nice little builds. They were quite possibly the least clone-y small sets in Bionicle G1.

• Upvote 4

I was thinking:

What if Bionicle G2 is an alternate universe from G1 where Mata Nui (or Mata Nui equivalent) is awoken in the first year rather than the 8th?

What if this is an experiment to see what would have happened if the story writers allowed Mata Nui to be awoken in year one?

That would require the presence of a Mata Nui, surely? It's safe to say that Ekimu isn't a giant robot.

or.... is he?

Ekimu

MU= Matoran Universe

confirmed

Gee, why did Lego not mention that? If they did, then I don't pay attention to the information since its bio '15.

I hope you realize that those comments were in jest. Most of the replies you quoted were kidding about the possibility of a giant robot reveal, and the bit about Ekimu's name was a joke in the same vein as the internet meme of connecting any instance of a triangle or the number "3" to a grand Illuminati conspiracy. Most likely, the new story won't have any such review, especially since people will see it coming a mile away. A lot of the old Bionicle's story came from its mysteries, but once a mystery has been solved you can't repeat the same twist and expect it to catch people by surprise like it did the first time.

Although, by the same token, if Lego did have a twist in mind, they certainly wouldn't announce it to us before it was due to occur in-story.

Ah.  I was being sarcastic.  Did not even try, though.  Anyway, thanks for explaining it.

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

I was thinking:

What if Bionicle G2 is an alternate universe from G1 where Mata Nui (or Mata Nui equivalent) is awoken in the first year rather than the 8th?

What if this is an experiment to see what would have happened if the story writers allowed Mata Nui to be awoken in year one?

That would require the presence of a Mata Nui, surely? It's safe to say that Ekimu isn't a giant robot.

or.... is he?

Ekimu

MU= Matoran Universe

confirmed

Gee, why did Lego not mention that? If they did, then I don't pay attention to the information since its bio '15.

I hope you realize that those comments were in jest. Most of the replies you quoted were kidding about the possibility of a giant robot reveal, and the bit about Ekimu's name was a joke in the same vein as the internet meme of connecting any instance of a triangle or the number "3" to a grand Illuminati conspiracy. Most likely, the new story won't have any such review, especially since people will see it coming a mile away. A lot of the old Bionicle's story came from its mysteries, but once a mystery has been solved you can't repeat the same twist and expect it to catch people by surprise like it did the first time.

Although, by the same token, if Lego did have a twist in mind, they certainly wouldn't announce it to us before it was due to occur in-story.

Ah.  I was being sarcastic.  Did not even try, though.  Anyway, thanks for explaining it.

It's all good, we're all friends.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

No we all hate each other, I hope you all die by the great Don  :P

Don…?

Don...?

quijote.jpg

don-sleeve.jpg

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Ah ok, I had to look them up on the wiki but I understand now what your talking about. Yeah I never got any of them sets but I can understand the distaste of the pre-bent limbs and specialized Torso now.

Oh don't tell me this Don character is going to take over this topic like it did the [url-http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/16264-turaga-lhikan/]Turaga Lhikan one[/url]. Yeah I found it. Very strange how a single word can derail a topic for something entirely different. So without suffering the wrath of Makaru who just posted Prior.. Seeing as how this is the Bionicle topic and this Don Matoran character is Bionicle in nature how is that going off topic again? Just saying it is not like they were talking about somebody in Pokémon or Transformers...

Edited by Prowl Nightwolf
  • Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I now feel really bad for hating on the animations, I mean the guy who created them seems like such a cool guy, plus they were just an experiment. Oh and no one seems to be mentioning this but someone who has worked with the bionicle story team is saying that a TV show is possible.... 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

I now feel really bad for hating on the animations, I mean the guy who created them seems like such a cool guy, plus they were just an experiment. Oh and no one seems to be mentioning this but someone who has worked with the bionicle story team is saying that a TV show is possible.... 

'Cause a T.V. show isn't gonna come out anytime soon, even if they were thinking about it.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Merlin Mann didn't create the animations all by himself, he's the screenwriter. There are also animators, voice actor, sound people, composer, etc...

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Merlin Mann didn't create the animations all by himself, he's the screenwriter. There are also animators, voice actor, sound people, composer, etc...

At what point did I say he did? I was just pointing out that someone who has worked with the story team has said that a bio TV show is possible. 

It's time to move on.

That's where you said it.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

Oh, yeah, I know who Don is.

I know right? I hope so.

• Upvote 1

cringe

Lego has a kid review Tahu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-kgqnOQZ4E

...So, make of this what you will...

It's a good kid-relations ad. 

Edited by Marvel Nui

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I kinda wish he had admitted some of the set's flaws, so it comes off more as an actual review instead of a shameless plug.

It'd be pretty funny if this kid actually animated all that, though. That was impressive stop-motion, and gives me hopes for my Metru Nui Theatrical idea I had a few months ago.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

If there is a bionicle tv show, I pray it's traditional animation and not 3D/pixar style. I'd want it to be along the lines of say Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra in terms of animation because that would be SUPER epic! There are too many shows that are turning to computer animation and Bionicle should stand out from the crowd and be more adventurous imo.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I don't know how much this holds up, but I got the impression Merlin was rushed and that the whole thing was kinda unprofessional. I would like to see the second half of the interview, though. 

Here ya go. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

If there is a bionicle tv show, I pray it's traditional animation and not 3D/pixar style. I'd want it to be along the lines of say Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra in terms of animation because that would be SUPER epic! There are too many shows that are turning to computer animation and Bionicle should stand out from the crowd and be more adventurous imo.

They could do stop-motion, ala Lego Movie.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

They could do stop-motion, ala Lego Movie.

The Lego Movie wasn't stop motion. It was all CGI, apart from the few scenes near the end of course.

It was animated in stop-motion, though it was CGI stop-motion.

By that logic any 3D animation would be considered stop motion.

Hail Denmark

It was animated in stop-motion, though it was CGI stop-motion.

Lol, by that logic all animation is "Stop-motion" because it's done frame-by-frame. doodleloot specifically referred to stop-motion as creating an illusion of a physical object moving. Also, I don't think the LEGO Movie's "stop-motion"-look would translate well to BIONICLE, IMO.

Referring to that LEGO review, I like how they state the fun facts about the new Tahu being the first iteration released in five years, and also the awesome stop-motion animation at end was a nice touch. Other than that... pretty cringe-worthy.

I work at a store that sells BIONICLE sets and I was looking at the inventory numbers. Looks like Kopaka is the most popular here.

Oh, and I picked up a DK LEGO Book from a garage sale for like a dollar. The BIONICLE section was pretty cool. I wish there was a DK Bionicle encyclopedia of sets. xD

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Oh, and I picked up a DK LEGO Book from a garage sale for like a dollar. The BIONICLE section was pretty cool. I wish there was a DK Bionicle encyclopedia of sets. xD

-NotS

I would not be surprised to see something like that at some point. But remember, there are only 13 sets so far, with five more due in summer. That's barely enough to fill one of DK's fancy hardbound volumes. If we get a character encyclopedia, it might not be for several years—keep in mind that even Ninjago didn't get one until its second year, and as a high-profile System theme it introduced far more characters per year than Bionicle could.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother