Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: Don't worry about it. I knew that was a typo, it just gave me some fuel for Lucid's unusual perceptions.

IC: Lucid / Hallway

"It isn't a bother," Lucid assured him, proceeding to direct enlighteningly, "If you wish to carve, you will need to leave the school, for the stone here is hungry and does not linger. Pass beyond the column of greatness as the wind rises. When the skies have spun beyond the pale, reject the tyroma, and find what you seek."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Helkyrie

"I'm sorry, but was he supposed to make sense of any of that? Not that I hate mysterious and cryptic speech or anything, but when someone asks a straight-forward question, one might expect a straight-forward response in turn. But that's just me." Helkyrie chimed in, having arrived upon Lucid and Tombstone while walking the hallways.

IC: Garrotte - Hallways

Well, this is it.

The large grey slab resting at the top of the precipice certainly wasn't much to look at. She almost passed right over it on her way. And now here she was, standing in the doorway. All this talk of the grand spectacle, the brilliant minds, the vaulted entryways, and it ends up...

...a grey slab.

Sighing to herself, Garrotte pushed her way inside, muttering, "Here goes nothing..."

IC: Tear - Infirmary

Tear's breath quickened and her eyes began watering in panic. The pain in her neck was flaring up again. "N-n-n-no..."

I'm going to die. We both are...

IC: Melody - Infirmary

Melody did as she was told and tried to help keep Tear steady as best she could. She could see Tear was scared and rested a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

IC: Canvas - Hallways

"Wait, where're you..." Canvas stumbled half a step forward, barely catching herself against the wall as her vision swam. "Er... maybe I should... sit down."

OOC: Garrotte open to interaction.

IC: Lucid / Hallways

Lucid pondered for a moment.

"There are those who seek great secrets, thinking they will unlock each door and resolve every hardship. Feverishly they press and struggle and search, but what they look for does not exist in a precise location, to be charted and hunted and ruthless extracted. It exists in stillness and reflection - contemplating and accepting of what cannot be. Someone who recognizes this might truly tell one of the seekers: 'For all your steps to go somewhere, you could not walk and be farther.' And this advice would be good, yet not obviously so. But sadly, most would not listen."

"And so many wasted measures later, the same sage might tell them: you continue to mangle meaning in your attempts to extricate it."

"But then what is meaning but a fragment of the one truth that lies beyond all understanding? A mere wisp of the void to be contemplated on, but never truly understood? A simple piece of a simple puzzle that is simultaneously the most complex concept to either exist or reside within a realm of the fictitious? And if meaning is never to be truly understood, then why does it beckon? Why does it call for being understood? Why does it demand that its mysteries be unravelled, that its puzzles be solved, that its arcane properties be deciphered by the mere corporeal constructs that we are?"

Helkyrie was silent for a moment. "See? I can go cryptic contemplation of the meaning of the universe and everything too. You don't have a monopoly on that."

IC: Lucid / Hallway

Lucid shook her head. The seeker's pointless struggle continued: for all her words, she would go further in silence. But she would not.

Still. "Not at all. But you speak shallowly, not out of understanding but defiance."

OOC: I'll be working on a Palma post

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC Tombstone

"Alright, that's enough."

He was only slightly imposing in the situation. However, he didn't need mind-reading to see Helkyrie was only here to cause trouble. "If 'Lucid' here wants to speak like that, why should you care? How is Lucid's speaking affecting you in any way that requires you to fight about it? Or are you just here to cause trouble?"

He raised an eyebrow while lowering the other one even more. "Now, if you have anything decent to say, go right ahead. Otherwise, you can see yourself down the hall."

IC Percy:

"I.... I won?"

His look of confusion quickly became one of boisterous joy as he leapt into the air, "Ya-HOOO! I won!"

He pointed at Shark, (though he didn't know, or perhaps remember his name)"Hear that, Big Fin?! I'm only getting better, and soon i'll be ready for our rematch!"

IC God Twins:

The two God Rahkshi had come to see the tournament as well, though it was clear Aza found it beneath her. Ezec was perched on her left shoulder, eagerly watching the fights, despite some initial distaste at the Demon running it. Aza glared Daggers at any who dared to venture too closely.

OOC: God Twins open for interaction.

"Don't you start with me-" Helkyrie caught herself raging at Tombstone, the very person she initially had wanted to help. Taking a deep breath, she rubbed her middle face plate in frustration. "Alright, look, I get it, you feel that introspection is the key to true meaning, and that well placed words of enlightenment beat out a thousand words of logic, but I just... I'm not even here to debate that. Heck, I was on my way from the Library where another kind of discourse was taking place, so I'm not all too eager to get into one right now." Helkyrie paused for a moment. "Look, why don't we start over. My name is Helkyrie." She offered her hand to Lucid as a gesture of both apology and a willingness to reach an understanding.

IC: Paladin
I gazed on, as mine own opponent did limp off. yet mine own honour wast still intact, and yond is all yond did matter. Such is the life of a knight.

I did need to prepare myself, f'r mine own duel wast nigh.

IC: Rider

I nodded, gesturing for her to follow me.

Edited by QuIn

IC: Fate - Infirmary

"Sh sh sh shh, it'll be alright. Nothing will happen to you, least of all while I'm capable of action."

I gestured at Melody, with my eyes; she'd have to support her on her own from here on out. Acting quickly, but calmly, I reached for the same poultice that had been used for Spindle, and the smallest, sharpest scalpel I could find. Without saying a word, I drew the scalpel with delicate force across the plating of Tear's neck. The bands sprung open one by one, until the kraata was clearly visible. Now that pressure had been released I had to act quickly. Ichor now began to flow from the unrestricted cut, albeit hindered by scabs.

"Stay very still now," I say gently.

The wound didn't appear too serious after all, but the supply of fluid to the brain would be driving liquid out constantly now. With the smallest amount of poultice put in place, I laid a cloth bandage around her neck. Hopefully that would serve to keep the poultice in, and to curb bleeding.

IC: Phantom - Ruins

"O-oh..."

That was a bust. Phantom glumly looked down at the ground in front of them as they continued moving along.

GM IC: Palma

"You're doing well, but I'll take over now."

It had taken a while but now Palma was coming around to Tear. Fate was talented but couldn't match the medic's expertise and healing powers, and in a few moments she had accomplished mending that might have taken hours otherwise. "You'll be okay. Just get some good rest," she assured Tear.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 3

IC: Lucid / Hallways

"I am Lucid," the dream Rahkshi responded, more than willing to accept Helkyrie's amends, as she took the offered hand - but rather than shaking it as had likely been intended, began to read it.

IC: Shark / Gym

There was no response from Shark to Percy's exclamation, aside perhaps from his gaze resting on the Dodge Rahk for its duration. If he thought defeating a largely ordinary level 2 signified a step toward standing against Shark, so be it.

IC: Shock / Gym

While Percy celebrated by shouting at Shark, Shock unceremoniously dragged himself out of the water, dejected. He hadn't even made it past the first round. Thurisaz called over to him with some consolation and an offer to stay and watch the rest, but he didn't really listen - it didn't change anything. Head lowered, he left the Gym, probably on a path to the Infirmary to get his minor injuries fixed up before figuring out what to do next.

IC: Gaever / Ruins

Phantom's dejection was disappointing to see, but there was nothing Gaever could think to do about it. Her thoughts on the tower were not going to change. She sighed, and in silence again she began to collect stone from the wreckage once more.

--IC: Exigent: In the Hallway--

Exigent strode down the Hallway, on his way to the Library to pick up a book about philosophy that he had had his eye on, when he noticed something going on a short distance off.  A brightly-colored Rahkshi was running her fingers across another, half-withered Rahkshi's hand.  A third, gray Rahkshi was observing the scene.  He decided to target the gray one first and give him a good scare.

Sneaking up on the gray one, Exigent whispered, "Spying on them, are you?" in an attempt to frighten him.

--OOC:--

Exigent is attempting to interact with Tombstone.

IC Tombstone

"No, I just-"

It suddenly processed that someone was talking to me that wasn't part of the pair. I quickly turned around to see a Rahkshi scrunched down, apparently in delight at the situation. It was good that the Rahk had kept some sort of a distance, or the heavy mace on my back might have clubbed them in the face. And I didn't want to hurt anybody!

"I'm sorry, you are?"

"Sometimes, others fail to see what is right in front of them.  So far, it seems to be working for you."

--IC: Luffy: In the Library--

IC: Malady (Library)

I smirked as the obnoxious one slunk off, metaphorical tail between his legs- turned out I wasn't only capable of winning physical fights, but verbal ones too. "So, how's life?" I said brightly to the other few Rahkshi still hanging around- going back to reading would, obviously, be as boring as ######.

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC Grim - Hallway:

With a sigh and slight shake of their head, Grom left the Library, the fighting evidentally defused.

Keeping the fighting instincts of all these Rahkshi in check was certainly no small task....

IC Poly - Refectory:

The calm expression on the Lerahk twisted into a snarl, "I offered you a chance at redemption, ascension even, and you throw it back in my face?!"

His hands clenched and unclenched, his face contorted with rage.

"Unworthy! Unworthy unworthy unworthy unworthy UNWORTHY!!!"

On the last word, he drew his rapier, slicing at Vaalku's throat as it left the scabbard.

OOC: Grim OFI

IC Vaalku

He hadn't gotten this far by blindly doing nothing. Although that was a big factor in some areas.

As Poly got mad, Vaalku narrowed his eyes. For some odd reason, people tended to fight when they got mad. It was a trait he noticed.

When Poly swung the rapier, it didn't quite reach the expected distance of Vaalku's throat as was intended. However, Vaalku still panicked, as he usually did, and the rapier dug into his remaining arm as a result, jamming in the material of his arm. He cried out in pain, but instantly retaliated by sending as high of a voltage that he could must through it.

IC Tombstone

"...I don't know why you've decided to intrude on our conversation in such a manner, but I would like it if you did not."

"Your conversation, is it?  I didn't see you talking to those two over there, so I fail to see how this qualifies as your conversation."

Locaton: Hallway

Helkyrie just stood there, speechlessly waiting for Lucid to explain just what it was she was doing with her hand.

IC: Rōzu

She stood there, silent. Where she had been almost completely stoic up to this point, there was now clear pain on her faceplates. Her voice slightly shaky, she responded. "... Immensely."

--IC: Luffy: In the Refectory--

After a few minutes, Luffy was sufficiently cooled off and level-headed to resume his normal day.  (Well, as normal as it could ever be around here.)  He got up from his chair and began to wander around the campus.

His path took him to the Refectory, where he realized just how hungry he was.  He ordered a big plate of the usual tasteless sludge, sat down at a free table, and began to feast.

--IC: Kri: In the Library--

Kri left the Gym in search of someone else to abuse her.  Her path led her to the Library, where right off the bat, she saw a silver Rahkshi, a green Rahkshi, and a Rahkshi with a big head were talking about something.  Perhaps they'd be interested in giving her some pain.  She headed over to them and shouted, "Hey, you three!"

--OOC:--

Luffy is Open For Interaction.

Kri is attempting to interact with Malady, Dahl, and Frog.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

OOC: Frog's still here, Cap.

IC: Malady (Library)

"I would agree, but general idiocy is usually more infuriating than it is enjoyable," I replied with a nonchalant shrug. "But what can I say? Guess I have a short temper. Anyway, speaking of stupid.." it was at this point that another random halfwit turned up. "The karz do you want with us?" I yelled in response- and then, having suddenly remembered our various warnings- "And this is a library, for Makuta's sake. Quieter, ."

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png