Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Xara - Infirmary.

"I don't like my chances," I said grimly, "the other students.... they don't trust me, they don't respect me...." I sighed, "....they fear me. And I don't blame them for it." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Hoto - Gym

Getting to the Gym was easy. She knew the school inside and out, and she could walk anywhere almost without her echolocation. But as the doors came into view, with the cavernous space and the sounds of battle from within, she paused involuntarily. She had to force herself to take those last steps inside. Where the empty dorm wing was silence filled with calming memories, the Gym was a cacophony of blades and pain. It was here that she... practiced with Era, and formed Dekako the second time, and where she listened to that awful punishment. It was not a room she wanted to go into again, but she would have to do it for Jayar's sake.

She took a deep breath as she crossed the threshold. It was a wave of stimuli: the sounds, the smells, the memories. She tried to push it all aside. She didn't need to deal with that now. She just needed to find Era. Her sonic vision scanned the room, looking for that one familiar profile, listening for the sonic pulses. But her vision wasn't accurate enough in here. She couldn't quite pick out the details on the far side of the room. "Do you see her?" she called to Jayar, a little too loud.

IC: Era - Gym.

Back in the quietest, most isolated far corner of the gym, away from the other sparring students and the din of the corridors, I continued training, willing the gym to create increasing numbers of targets around me. I was lost in a storm of movement and sound, lashing out with Rattler, using my more powerful level 3 echolocation to home in on exactly where I wanted to strike. 

Zivon circled lazily above me, pecking at what I assumed to be insects clustered around the lights. 

I wasn't even sure why I was still training, in all honesty. I had nothing left to fight for. I'd already proven to myself that I wasn't weak. Hoto had helped me see that. But fighting.... the adrenaline.... living in the moment.... it made me feel truly alive. The only time I'd been more aware of my surroundings than in battle was when we'd formed Dekako. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Blest turned around to face the pair of Rahkshi that had entered the Gym behind her. "Hi!" She said brightly. "You're students here?" Well, of course they were. Why else would they be in the academy? Ignoring her mistake, the newcomer pressed on. "Bet you are- sorry. I'm new here," she added, apologetically.

OOC: That's Hoto and Jayar

IC: Jayar / Gym

"You're okay in here?" Jayar asked Hoto, concerned. She had slowed down, stopped, at the threshold of the noisy room. "I can't see Era, but it's tough even to see anything far away in such a riotous chamber. She could still be in the back."

Then an apparent newcomer approached the duo. "...Hello, and welcome." said Jayar to Blest, somewhat distracted from the enthusiastic arrival by the imperative to find Era and leave the noisy room, for Hoto's sake. He was considering requesting the Gym create a pillar from which he could observe the entire gym, way above it all, standing on higher ground.

IC: Vlad / Refectory

"Vell, it is good at last to meet somevun who does not reject zer light," said Vlad. Had he found a friend at last? "My name is Vlad," here he gestured to his Ice Bat, who flourished proudly, "unt zis is Ivan." What was the typical greeting, a handshake? He didn't offer to go through with that; though he'd had his fill of slop the hunger for another's energy was with him always. Take their hand, and he risked falling prey to the temptation to feast...

OOC: Last of night.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Jayar's voice filtered through her blocks, but she was so focused on finding Era that the new student went entirely ignored. She searched around desperately, only to leave the room faster. "I shouldn't be in here," she admitted quickly, almost mechanically.

IC Blest:

An attentive or savvy being would have noticed that something seemed off about this duo. That they were distracted. That they were nervous. That they clearly had little time nor inclination for newcomers. Blest, unfortunately, was neither of these. She continued on hurriedly. "Amazing. They did say that there were more like me, but I didn't actually think they were-"

"I shouldn't be in here," the other Rahkshi blurted out quickly, derailing Blest's own train of thought.

"What do you mean, 'you shouldn't be in here...' did you need to get something?" Blest asked quizzically, turning towards Hoto. Calmness swiftly replaced trepidation. "...Because if you did, I think I could help?"

Edited by Bloody Nine

She kept part of her mind open to listen to Jayar's response, expecting some concern or confusion, but instead an unfamiliar voice entered her ears. She jerked out of her search and turned to face it. Jayar was still there, but there was also... someone else. She looked her over with dim, sightless eyes, comparing the echoes returned to her from her clicking joints to the other Rahkshi she had met. This one was new, she was sure of it.

"Oh... sorry," she burst out before she could stop herself. "I'm Hoto and this is Jayar. We were just... looking for a friend. Have you seen her? She's... a... Rahkshi of Sonics... kind of wiry... has a chain and a... pet bird?"

Karz, it was hard to describe someone in a way those with sight could understand.

IC Blest:

Brow furrowed in consternation, Blest shook her head, unaware that the other was blind. "Haven't... but pretty sure I can find 'er!" The Rahkshi of Accuracy dropped her rucksack and swiftly leaped onto another student's practice course: a materialized set of twisting and turning bars, all designed to test accuracy. Nimbly scaling the volatile structure, Blest soon found a vantage position. Keen eyes swiftly scanned the arena as Blest quickly noted, and summarily dismissed the Rahkshi practicing below.

No chain... no bird... No bird... that's a whip, does that count...? Probably not...

No such person fitting Hoto's description. "What color did she say...." Blest wondered out loud to herself. "...Must've forgotten. Really. Who brings a bird here?" Just stuck in a cage, the thing would probably end up in the crossfire of some fight or exercise. Or maybe...

Blest's eyes slowly turned to the ceiling. Or she was an idiot. The aforementioned bird circled lazily over some far off corner, far removed from the rest of the training students. That was probably the one. Certainly hoped it was - it was the only bird she could actually see, and it was as good a lead as any other. "Found 'er!" Blest yelled down towards Hoto and Jayar, a hand pointing in the bird's direction.

Edited by Bloody Nine

Short / Refectory, Talking to Shark \ IC:

Short hopped off and, in mid-air took flight to hover right beside Shark's shoulder. Last time she sparred someone, they became good friends, and she hoped the same would happen this time. After all, the biggest guys are the softest at heart . . . right?

When they reach the Gym, Short flew over to an empty space. As she landed, the little Rahkshi lifted her hat off her head and brandished her mace. "Ayfter y'all thayen. The bigger thay is, harder thay faull."

Metal / Suvak's Office \ IC:

"Thanks for your help, sir. I'll see if I can wrangle up some help to set up. If that's all, then I think I'll be off. Thanks again!" With a little bow, Metal turned and strutted out of the office, feeling quite proud of himself. As he strutted along, he aimed himself toward the Library. After all, there were bound to be Rahkshi there just waiting to help!

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Illusive - Tridax's Office. 

I stormed back out towards the Causeway, emerging to see that my note remained untouched. I tore it down, scrunched it into a ball and flung it over the edge, down into the water. 

You made the right choice.

Shut up. 

There was something going on at the far end of the Causeway. Heavy Cordak fire, and what looked like the muzzle flash of lightblasters as well. I started forwards, and made out the shapes of several other Rahkshi who seemed to be the ones getting shot at. Were they attacking Phantom-on-the-Water? 

Finally.... it begins....

Please. Don't do it.

I turned and started running; unsure of who to tell first. Suvak? Palma? No. This had to go right to the top: Tridax himself. I reached the headmaster's office and hammered loudly on the door, pushing past the Porters who tried to get in my way.

You're going to regret this.

We all are. 

IC: Exxan - Infirmary.

While I waited, I looked over to Palma. "With all of the stuff that's been going on lately, I'm starting to think that Corpus Rahkshi isn't safe anymore," I said carefully, "I'm curious.... what would Tridax do to someone if they tried to leave the school?" 

OOC: I think this got missed. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Xara - Infirmary.

"Glass!" I was surprised by how relieved I was to see him. "Where have you been?" 

OOC: Hey Arctic, at what point did Toxin get a magical GPS installed in his head? Because he seemed remarkably efficient at tracking down a number of characters who's locations he doesn't actually know, all while in a forest and making no effort to actually follow footprints or do any actual, y'know, tracking. And given how little time its taking him to reach each one it kind of looks like he's gained an ability to teleport as well.

Its especially egregious in the case of finding Kat and Cao. It's not like they're where he left them, they've been following Claws. How on earth, given he has the entire around Phantom-on-the-Water to wander around, did he find those two? Its a rather obvious case of metagaming to try and crowbar yourself into something and one of the more blatant times you've done it. So sorry, but staff action incoming

IC: As Kat and Caoutchouc stood outside the cave exit, a trio of Matoran started emerging from it. One was carrying the confiscated weapons of the three Rahkshi imprisoned below, the other two were guards brandishing Kanoka launchers. Upon seeing the two Rahkshi waiting for them they froze in place...but thawed into action when the arrival of Toxin, his added threat breaking the spell. Disks flew from those launchers, flying past Kat and Cao who'd had time to assess the situation but slamming into Toxin who had yet to get his bearings. The two disks had an...interesting effect on Toxin. One had been Freeze, the other was Reconstitute at Random and somehow the effects blurred into one. Toxin found several portions of himself transformed into ice, the severing of nerves and sudden intense cold wracking him with pain like needles right into his head. He fell to the ground, half of his back shattering into chunks, exposing the left side of his kraata. Even if he could get over the pain his right knee was an immovable chunk of frozen water, and his left leg was now half made up of a twisting helix of ice like the thread of a screw. He had to lie there, shivering, extremities melting before his eyes as the two Matoran tried to quickly reload...

IC: Phantom vanished. Revenge's punch went sailing through the air, and before he could recover his balance he stumbled over something solid that he couldn't see. The Dark Hunter had taken a step to the side then stuck his foot out to trip the Rahkshi, taking 

advantage of his forward momentum to unbalance him. He stayed invisible as Revenge crashed into the ground, plumes of dust raising around him, lashing downwards with his sword, trying to slice the Rahkshi completely in two

IC: Palma was reading over something, a list held in her hands. 

"It depends on why and how they left. Some students have been recalled by their Makuta. Some, like Dajoks if you know him, acquire permission for a leave of absence and then return." She frowned, in as much as Rahkshi face-plates allowed a frown. "Or did you mean an attempt to simply run away. That...wouldn't be taken well."

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Exxan - Infirmary.

"I meant the latter," I confirmed. "And what action would Tridax take if someone did successfully pull off an escape?"

Jayar looked over where Blest had pointed, and indeed, far across the room was Era's kahu. "Thank you!" he shouted up at the newcomer, before turning back to Hoto, concerned, "Do you want to wait outside or something? I can go get Era."

IC: Shark / Gym

"First, though," said Shark to his tiny sparring partner, "let's agree on something: no using the Gym as a weapon. The last guy I fought thought it was fair play to fill the entire room with water as part of our fight, or grow himself a pillar just to avoid a blow. So none of that, we fight on an even playing field, okay?" True, he himself had once summoned up a geyser, and would gladly do it again as a last resort. But for now at least he would rather the playing field be level... as level as it could get between him and his miniscule opponent, that is.

Edited by Johnrahk

Hoto just nodded weakly and walked to the door. The noise had never bothered her before, but so much had happened recently in this room. At least she hadn't been caught up in something.

A little ways down the hall, she stopped and took a deep breath to calm herself. It was okay. Jayar would fetch Era, they would go off somewhere alone, there would be that quick fusion of the minds, and that would be it. As long as no one followed them , they would be alone. No one to hurt, no reason to panic. She just hoped Jayar could handle it that way.

IC Clockwork:

CLockwork grabbed a few other parts from the piles of not-junk and flew off for the Causeway.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC - Outside Arena/Cave

Caoutchouc responded by rewrapping his combat wraps and cracking his knuckles.

OOC: Hey Arctic, at what point did Toxin get a magical GPS installed in his head? Because he seemed remarkably efficient at tracking down a number of characters who's locations he doesn't actually know, all while in a forest and making no effort to actually follow footprints or do any actual, y'know, tracking. And given how little time its taking him to reach each one it kind of looks like he's gained an ability to teleport as well.

Its especially egregious in the case of finding Kat and Cao. It's not like they're where he left them, they've been following Claws. How on earth, given he has the entire around Phantom-on-the-Water to wander around, did he find those two? Its a rather obvious case of metagaming to try and crowbar yourself into something and one of the more blatant times you've done it. So sorry, but staff action incoming

IC: As Kat and Caoutchouc stood outside the cave exit, a trio of Matoran started emerging from it. One was carrying the confiscated weapons of the three Rahkshi imprisoned below, the other two were guards brandishing Kanoka launchers. Upon seeing the two Rahkshi waiting for them they froze in place...but thawed into action when the arrival of Toxin, his added threat breaking the spell. Disks flew from those launchers, flying past Kat and Cao who'd had time to assess the situation but slamming into Toxin who had yet to get his bearings. The two disks had an...interesting effect on Toxin. One had been Freeze, the other was Reconstitute at Random and somehow the effects blurred into one. Toxin found several portions of himself transformed into ice, the severing of nerves and sudden intense cold wracking him with pain like needles right into his head. He fell to the ground, half of his back shattering into chunks, exposing the left side of his kraata. Even if he could get over the pain his right knee was an immovable chunk of frozen water, and his left leg was now half made up of a twisting helix of ice like the thread of a screw. He had to lie there, shivering, extremities melting before his eyes as the two Matoran tried to quickly reload...

IC: Phantom vanished. Revenge's punch went sailing through the air, and before he could recover his balance he stumbled over something solid that he couldn't see. The Dark Hunter had taken a step to the side then stuck his foot out to trip the Rahkshi, taking 

advantage of his forward momentum to unbalance him. He stayed invisible as Revenge crashed into the ground, plumes of dust raising around him, lashing downwards with his sword, trying to slice the Rahkshi completely in two

IC: Palma was reading over something, a list held in her hands. 

"It depends on why and how they left. Some students have been recalled by their Makuta. Some, like Dajoks if you know him, acquire permission for a leave of absence and then return." She frowned, in as much as Rahkshi face-plates allowed a frown. "Or did you mean an attempt to simply run away. That...wouldn't be taken well."

IC Kat:

"You're right, let's surprise 'em."

Unfortunately, it was at this moment that.... well you've seen already.

So, I did what any rational person would do. I stepped forward before the matoran could reload their launchers, and sent well placed stikes to their heads, aiming merely to knock them out.

Boy, would they wake up with one Karz of a headache, though.

IC Blest / Gym:

The Rahkshi gracefully navigated the bars back down to the ground, just in time to see one of her new friends head out through the doors. "Hm. There somethin' wrong with your friend?" Blest asked the remaining Jayar.

IC Still / Office:

Still turned sharply towards the source of the commotion. The loud, incessant rattling annoyed it, and possibly the headmaster as well. The Rahkshi raised a hand, stilling and quieting the majority of the noise, sapping the brunt of it. It turned back to the headmaster, inquiring, "You have a visitor. Sounds important. Should I go?"

Edited by Bloody Nine

Short / Gym, Sparring with Shark \ IC:

Short nodded. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a familiar figure. With a quick turn of her head she shouted, "HAY JAYAR!" She then turned back to Shark and held her mace at the ready.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Jayar turned to the newcomer as he continued to walk towards the back of the room. "Hoto... is blind," he explained. "She navigates by sound, and in here," he gestured to the clamorous room in general, "it's loud enough to really bother her."

Short's loud cry only helped to prove his point. "Oh, hello." he called back to the tiny Rahkshi, who was apparently facing off against the brute Jayar had once healed in the Infirmary. Jayar knew he was in for a surprise.

IC: Shark / Gym

Short knows Jayar, Shark noted. Even about to spar, he was keeping an eye as much as he could, filing away every piece of new information he could gather.

But now the match was to begin, and he focused more closely upon analyzing his opponent. Huge hat - could contain more than just a mace, beware any surprises. Mace itself - nothing of note. Rahkshi power - unknown, beware.

He started, both hands on the hilt of his sword, with a lunge, his unnamed weapon pointed at Short's hat. The length of his blade ensured that even if the blow struck there would remain ample distance between himself and his opponent. This was really just to get a feel for his opponent's fighting capabilities, and if possible remove the ominous hat from the battle.

IC Blest / Gym:

Blest nodded in understanding, before another question arose. How did that happen? Weren't Rahkshi all created according to code? Couldn't Hoto just transfer to a different suit if hers was defective? In Icarax's fortress, any being with such a glaring weakness would have been systematically purged. So was it different here?

Before Blest could voice her confusion, however, Jayar had already walked out of earshot. And she didn't even get a chance to ask her question! With little else to do, she settled for watching the sparring pair.

IC: Revenge-Captive

Revenge rolled over and stood up, but he still felt the sword gash his side.  It hurt, but it could have been worse.  "So now you are hiding!" Revenge called.  "If you have got all of this power why do you waste it fighting us one at a time?  Why not get rid of Corpus right now?"  Revenge took a defensive stance, warily searching the room.  When the next attack came he would be ready.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC Vaalku

Time to make his getaway... If he intended to stay alive. This Rahk was clearly insane; he was killing someone in full view of another Rahk. Tridax would punish him for sure.

He held onto the knife, it pulling out of Deadeye's shoulder as he stood. He slammed it into the bottom of Deadeye's foot.

Sparing him a second to give a longing gaze to the Rahk who attacked him earlier; he didn't appear too happy of the situation.