Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Grim's intimidation was clearly as effective as his actual torture techniques, as Doubt's resistance crumbled like a dam made of sand. Tridax was about to try prising secrets from his head when Sliver returned with her prize.

"Excellent. I believe between you and your winged friend you have chased down the last of the traitors. I suggest waking them and seeing what information you can wrangle out of them. Seeing each other in pain, their hopes dashed, should loosen their tongues."

He was giving Draco and Sliver an open invitation to begin torturing their captives...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Raith - Library

I close my eyes, biting back the terrible sickness. I could trust Nymph, couldn't I? He was my Friend, wasn't he? I realize that I'll probably never experience the world - friendship and all - in the same way as everyone else, after all that has happened...and that if Nymph does trust me, I'm not, and never will be, deserving of it.

But maybe I can try to be.

I've got to gain worth. I got to help, I've got to put others before myself. I've got to give everything I've got, and ask nothing in return. But most of all, I've got to be part of something greater...I have a dread that, after I have died, all that anyone will remember me by is the pain I have caused. Even if I can't undo what I have done, have a fresh start or a clean slate, I can at least attempt to make up for it in good. Before my life ends, I want to have done good, and impacted the world in the most positive way I can.

I wonder if this is simply my subconscious mind finding another excuse to gain more power, be more influential...I push that thought down, hoping against hope that it is not the case. No, I won't push it down: that was my old way, now I'll face it, be brave, and, if it's true, extinguish any of that dark flame that lurks within me.

A wise Makuta once said that the first step to facing your inner demons was to face your past. That is what I intend to do now.

"Nymph," I say softly, my previously strained voice now calm, "I...am not who I told you I was." That was the hard part over, so I just let the rest of the words pour out: "I suppose I should start at the beginning; I was created by Makuta Niho-Rei on  the north-westerly island chain, where I was trained as a fighter and a...manipulator, using psychology and such to get my way. I was born angry, angry at the world and everything around me, and my Makuta channeled that anger into a weapon, a tool, a means to an end. And an incredibly efficient one, too. I had no morals, I barely had a mind at all, just a mechanical calculator, calculating people's uses like they too were simple mechanisms to get my way..." I pause. "But in the end, I was the one being controlled, and the only one I could fool was myself." I sigh. 

"After my personality had been worn away into little more than a few characteristics that my Makuta had deemed beneficial to my purpose, I was sent here. As my training had instructed me, I hid behind layers and layers of concocted personalities...I was told many times that to show emotion, or true emotion, was a weakness, as it also showed your weaknesses. And so I became a...wraith, hiding in the shadows and..." Another pause. "I saw no value in the lives of others...the only value I saw in my life was to get to the top, be the best and...win. Never did I realize that life is a journey, not a destination. And...at the back of my mind, there was always my drive, to serve my Makuta, except that I never identified that drive in time. It was always subliminal, never obvious."

"But...suddenly I became more...conscious, more aware. I started to question what was happening, and why. And so I...changed." 

I look up at Nymph, trying to discern his reaction while worry is in my own eyes. Could he forgive me for what came before?

Edited by 000
  • Upvote 4

Kathok

IC: Hoto - Hallways

Hoto took his hand, and they ran off to the Infirmary. "Here's hoping we don't find anyone," Hoto sighed.

As they walked, Hoto heard a soft, rhythmic pulse echoing through the halls. Her pace faltered as her vision "flickered" with the interference, but then she grinned. "I hear Era," she whispered. "Follow me!"

And with those words, she took off down the halls again.

Edited by Click

IC Doubt

Way more concerned by Tridax than Grim, he got more worried when more Rahks came in with captives. And why did he have to be a part of this? he didn't do anything except tick two Rahks off for breaking rules, one of them holding him in the air. He was tempted to give a bored look to Grim, but decided against it as he could just slap him in the face again. Scratching his head, he patiently waited to be put down.

IC Flabbergaster

"Rraaagh!"

Books flew aside as Flabbergaster shoved the shelves away. As he picked himself up, he found himself holding a book titled How to smash the ground as a Panrahk and other interesting Panrahk techniques. Now, he wasn't a Panrahk, but smashing the ground sounded like an effective fighting strategy. He began to read, forgetting the fact that he was standing in a pile of books.

IC: Malattia

On and on Malattia went, until... Finally! Some Rahks! They seemed to be standing just outside a door, labeled 'Infirmary' in Matoran. Perfect. The gravity Rahk stepped inside to see a bog-colored Rahk with red stripes on it's arm. Probably the nurse. "Excuse me?" They asked politely.

IC: Draco

"Perfect." The Draconic Rahk stepped over to Haken's suit, where her put the Kraata in. Didn't want to kill it. Setting Burst down next to Haken, he sent a punch flying at Haken first. This ought to wake him up.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

She veered around a few corners and darted down hallways, always towards that pulse. At last, she caught the profiles of two Rahkshi just ahead. Era and... someone else.

Hoto stopped at the end of the hall and waved to her friend. "Era!"

IC: de-Rephic

The Rahkshi continued running until he almost ran into another rahkshi, which he stopped swiftly at the foot of.

"Oh, hello!" He said.

OOC: That's Era Locus.

IC: Hoto - Hallways

She veered around a few corners and darted down hallways, always towards that pulse. At last, she caught the profiles of two Rahkshi just ahead. Era and... someone else.

Hoto stopped at the end of the hall and waved to her friend. "Era!"

IC: Era - Hallways.

"Um... hi?" I edged my way around the unfamiliar rahk and was about to continue on my way when.... "Hoto?"

IC: Grim's intimidation was clearly as effective as his actual torture techniques, as Doubt's resistance crumbled like a dam made of sand. Tridax was about to try prising secrets from his head when Sliver returned with her prize.

"Excellent. I believe between you and your winged friend you have chased down the last of the traitors. I suggest waking them and seeing what information you can wrangle out of them. Seeing each other in pain, their hopes dashed, should loosen their tongues."

He was giving Draco and Sliver an open invitation to begin torturing their captives...

IC: Sliver - Tridax's Office.

"I'm afraid not, sir," I said meekly, "I encountered this scum in some smuggler's cave of some kind on the mainland. When I attacked him, two other rahks came to his aid. This isn't the last of the traitors." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Sorry," I said to the stranger, running over to Hoto, "What is it?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"She mentioned it, yeah," I said cautiously, low enough that no one would be able to listen in. "Why?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Xara - Infirmary.

"I'll go talk to Palma, then," I said, taking to the air and flying back up to the school, before setting off down the hallways towards the infirmary. 

"What? Why?" 

IC Kat:

We landed near the rear entrance, and I let the suit under Cao's care.

"There's an empty classroom in this hall, we're staging from here take him there, wait for the others, I need to go find Xara."

I dashed off, headed... Nowhere really, but ended up going toward the infirmary.

"If we run now, won't Tridax know for sure something is up?" I asked, confused, "He'll send people after us. Maybe we should lie low for a while, and wait for everything to calm down...." 

"Let's go, then." 

"Okay..." 

"Which one, though?" I asked, "There's loads of empty rooms in that wing of the school." 

IC: Haken - Tridax's Office

Haken stirred, feeling groggy and somewhat dazed. He pushed himself up, putting his hand against a wall to keep from stumbling.

"Wha?! Where am I? What has-"

Haken stopped at the sight of Draco. He stared at the Rahk with a piercing gaze.

"You! Assaulting me in public with no provocation! Calling me a traitor to the Makuta! Where have you brought me?!"

Why would I be accused of treason? What acts have I done that would be considered to be against the will of the Makuta?

Haken clenched his fist, the brute's expression obviously angry.

IC: Sidonas - Tridax's Office

Sidonas was still unconscious, lost in his thoughts while in a sleeping state. Images moved, flickered, and flashed in his mind. Equations, schematics, memories, places, and people. Most did not reoccur, except for a few. His mind sifted through the images in this deep sleep state.

Rahkshi. Green eyes, purple colors mostly. Who is she? Or he?

A book, thick and leather-bound. Has a strange image on it. Who wrote it?

A building. Big, a toothy entrance, on some island. What is that? Where is it?

Who am I? What am I? Is this a dream or reality?

There is a word, I feel like I know it. A name? I feel great joy in it, what ever the word is. I feel great sadness also. Rejection. Failure. Hope. Love

More images flashed through Sidonas' mind. A finned Rahkshi, some sort of grappling hook, and something about freedom from someone, and something about loss. An image of the green eyes came to him again. Had she lost someone? Had she been lost? Sidonas' mind darted between the images and memories, looking for answers.

What is this all about?

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

"Okay," I nodded, "I'll see you there. I just need to grab my things."

IC: Draco

"How about the noble Headmaster's office." Draco said, smiling cruelly. "Now... There are two ways out of this: Open your mind to the Headmaster if you truly have nothing to hide: or, and I really want to do this, but will refrain myself if you open your mind, I will cut the answers out myself."

IC: Mortsia

Well. What now? Sighing, he hopped on a nearby overhang, watching for any sight of the Matoran.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

I looked up, not recognising the voice, or the rahk it belonged to. One hand reaching for a knife, I cautiously approached the rahk, "Who are you," I asked warily, once I was next to her. "What's going on?"

IC: Sliver - Tridax's Office.

"At least the ones I encountered shouldn't be too difficult to identify," I replied, turning to Tridax, "How many high level elasticity rahks are there in the school?" Surely there couldn't be too many of them...

IC: Fang - Hallways

Steam billowed from Fang's suit as he heard Eps' words. Now he knew who this Rahkshi was. "Omega was never incompetent," Fang snarled. "Without his aid, I would not be here to tell you you're wrong about him."

With little warning, Fang's hand shot up and fired a jet of plasma directly into Eps' launcher. That should delay him for a moment. To Alpha, he whispered, "Now might be a good time to be elsewhere. Remember what I said."

He turned on a heel and slipped off into the halls. It was time to meet.

Hoto nodded and turned back to Jayar. "To the Infirmary then?" she asked, holding out her hand for him to take again.

"As in, right now?" I hissed, "I can't...."