Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Sliver - Gym.

"I see...."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Blue-Gym

Blue, the silver Rahkshi walked the halls of the school slowly, watching with narrowed eyes every little detail. She didn't want to be here, her father made her come. But she may as well learn things here... Following the signs, she found herself at the school gym, shoving the door open and coming faceplate to faceplate with several fights, chaos in its most organized form. Many fights, but all contained, the room responding to all. Her grip on her staff tightened and she grinned, skirting the wall for now...

OOC: Blue open for interaction.

OOC: Interacting with Blue.

IC (As Ipartsa): The lightning duo walked down the hallways, discussing various aspects of the school. "The library has plenty of books on fighting techniques, you should read them sometime, bro." Said the silver female rahkshi of chain lightning as she opened the door to the gym.

IC (As Numlef): "I'm more interested in the academic side of the school, sis, there aren't any fighting styles that suit me." Replied the sand blue and white male rahkshi as he followed Ipartsa. "Hey, there's a lone rahkshi, you want to go talk to it?" The rahkshi of electricity asked, unsure of Blue's gender.

IC (As Ipartsa): "Sure, this place is built for sparring, you'd be a brakas to not work on your fighting skills here." Ipartsa said as she walked forward. "Stick to the wall and try not to get hurt if you don't want to get involved." The rahkshi of chain lightning looked at Blue. "Hey, you here to spar or make friends, rahk?" She said to the rahkshi.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Holistic

(Refectory)

Good to see that I wasn't immediately rejected, and even better to see someone else who also eschews animalistic emotions. "I recently arrived here", I tell them, "So no reason to wonder why you haven't seen me before." I pause and consume a spoonful of grey matter. Is this really the best nourishment the headmaster can afford to acquire? I put down my spoon and look at the stranger opposite me. "How long have you been here, and what do you think of the academy so far?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vlad / Refectory

"Ah!" Vlad was so startled that he nearly jumped when suddenly Korvinth appeared beside him. "-Er, I mean, yes, maybe," he agreed with the Kualsirahk's offer, feeling a bit silly for his jumpiness. Attempting to regain some semblance of calm dignity, he continued, "Vell zen, vhere in zer school vould you expect a Gukko to be?"

IC: Shark / Refectory

In fact Shark had seen the newcomer, just outside the Library, but he was more gratified than offended that she hadn't seen him. And he had figured out she was new here based on the fact he hadn't seen her - if she were around before, he would have. "I've been here a while," Shark replied. "It's not the best place, certainly. But in perspective, it's not the worst either."

He did hope she wasn't the kind to start prying; he couldn't have someone going around repeating the lies he'd have to make. And he already had one target anyways.

IC: Gaever / Gym

Hopefully that was a compliment. If it wasn't, she would earn one sooner or later.

For now she gave a grim but self-satisfied smile, swiftly stepping away Grim and out of the path of his mace. Then, an instant later and just as swiftly, she darted back towards him with an attempt to grab his close arm, the one holding the mace, and in addition a punch aimed for his faceplate.

IC: Jayar / Forest

Jayar knelt beside Hoto. "You did well," he told her quietly. "And now look; instead of cold stone walls, we have trees; in place of the rocky floor, grass; where once weaponry rang out is birdsong."

He idly picked a wildflower from the ground beside him. In appearance it was far from the well-cultivated flowers of the garden back at the school, but somehow it managed to smell nicer. He contemplated it a moment, then offered it to Hoto. "We're free," he breathed, reluctant to say it aloud lest the universe hear the statement and out of pure contrariness undo their escape somehow.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC (As Zubarahk): "I don't know what a Gukko is, but I'll tell you where you can find a Kahu or Kewa. In the desert!" The stupid rahkshi replied. "Well, maybe not in the desert, but I think Gukkos would want to fly around somewhere with nothing to get in their way, like outside."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Hoto didn't move for a moment and just sat, catching her breath. Then, she got a breath of the heady scent of the flower, and she slowly reached out to take it. Her hand was unsteady, and she nearly dropped the flower as she fumbled for it. At last, she brought it closer to her face and took a deeper breath. The hint of a smile came to her face. "We're free," she repeated quietly, hoping the spell wasn't broken.

IC: Rain - Gym

"Try not to interfere this time," Rain said pleasantly as she slipped back around the corner. The pillar rose again with its stony ammunition, and Rain wasted no time in sending a swift, painful shot straight towards Lucid. Any Rahkshi would know they were being attacked and search for their attacker...

IC: Malady (Hallways)

The jarring impact throws me slightly, collapsing a few of my spines- I shriek once more- and denting my Kraata casing, but still I hold on tenaciously with all the fury of a gale. Attempting to wear my opponent down even further and force him to succumb to unconsciousness, I activate my Poison powers, pouring the virulent energy down my arms and into my hands, ready for it to be transmitted across to the bucking body beneath me.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Phogen: The derahk was still shivering. She swallowed and nodded quickly, leaning into him. She seemed to be calming down at least, coming back to reality slowly. He held her knees close to her chest and focused on logic. On scheming. On planning.

Then, in a small burst of incomprehensibility, she whimpered out quietly "It's perfect and it's going to work." She experienced a shiver that chilled her so much that Exxan could feel the ice.

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Lucid / Gym

Lucid's tranquil float was interrupted when a windblown rock struck her in the shoulder, and clutching it, she gave a pained and surprised, "Ouch!" She sat up, treading water, and looked around in the direction from which the stone had come to locate her attacker. Eventually, her gaze eventually landed on Sliver. "Excuse me," she called over politely, "Did you see who threw that?"

IC: Jayar / Forest

Jayar grinned, shifting in position from kneeling to sitting. He remained silent, taking in the idyllic forest around them as he sat recuperating from the long flight.

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

His vision faded out entirely, pulsing black and red. He realized that he had perhaps two seconds in which to act before unconsciousness claimed him. With a strangled hiss, Sepulchral hardened his carapace as much as he could in his condition and, rather than slam against the wall again, drove himself back-first into the floor. 

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

(Refectory | With Shark)

"Many things aren't the worst in perpective. I'm certain this nutriment could be even worse, even if I find it difficult to believe, but that doesn't make it good. And based on what I've seen here so far, the headmaster isn't particularly the best either. For example, I arrived here during a funeral, which was rather ominous, but also quite disappointing. How common are deaths here, and what do you think of the principal?" It seems like I've found someone who can provide me with useful information about this academy.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Shark / Refectory

"Well, thankfully, no one close to me has died yet," Shark began, his words carefully chosen but casually delivered, "but the necessity for a mandatory funeral indicates that death is a frequent occurrence, no? The school is full of the sort of Rahkshi who would kill for fun, and even if few actually manage it, caution is advisable. As for the Headmaster... he's not exactly popular, for numerous reasons. It's widely held he views us as expendable weapons, as evidenced by the danger inherent in the assignments he chooses, his disinclination to learn our names, and similar flaws." He didn't want to be caught saying anything necessarily against Tridax himself, certainly. But it was good to tell the truth in things like this; it made later lies more believable.

IC: Snake - Nynrah

I'm very tempted to say "Don't tempt fate." in reply to Hoto, but she looks like a bad of nerves as it is. Well, we all are, but I'm just a little better at hiding it. I stay silent, my eyes darting around the group and the landscape. The longer we wait, the closer they'll get. I'm exhausted beyond belief, but I can't bear stopping here. We have to move on. 

IC: Fíor - Library

I nod in return, and turn to my book. I read. It's...oddly interesting, despite the fact that I know it isn't true. The writer must know the ways of the mind very well to be able to invent his own minds.

IC: Torch - Library

"Who's your brother?" I ask casually.

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

(Refectory | With Shark)

I listen quietly and stir the sludge with my spoon. When they finish, I speak. "The funeral could've been a coincidence, but I thought it was unlikely. Looks like I was correct. A Rahkshi did tell me before that fights aren't that common here, but then again, she also said that she hadn't been here for long."

I pause and hesitantly consume some porridge. "Murderous Rahkshi and the headmaster's conception of us don't surprise me, for our sole purpose is to kill efficiently, it's what we were created for. I simply hoped that the principal would've seen us Rahkshi as a valuable resource that should be appreciated, but that doesn't appear to be the case. A shame, for Master is like that. He is strict, but also gentle and respectful."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Palma tutted as Flabbergaster laid his charge down on a bed, and went over to tending to the wounds of her newest patients. With her skill and power it wouldn't take her long to fix the three of them up.

IC: The scene the escaping Rahkshi band found themselves in was indeed a picture ripped straight from a storybook. In one of Nynrah's evergreen forests, the rich scent of pine permeated the air punctuated only by the individual aromas of the wild flowers that had flourished in the clearing. The ragged leaves of the trees turned the shadows into a mottled carpet of fringes and threads, no sharp edges to be found. The sun was low in the sky and had coloured it in shades of orange, pink and scarlet. 

But the problem with fairytales is that sooner or later you run into the ogres.

As Kat rested, as Hoto and Jayar enjoyed their newfound liberty, as Snake cast his paranoid glances, the group all began to notice the danger in the sky. There were two...blots. Thats was the only way to describe it. Streaks of bubbling blackness that dribbled through the air like whoever had painted the fruit salad of a sky had spilled their darkest ink. They were moving too, and disturbingly quickly, rocketing along like comets that absorbed rather than emitted light. Their ebon tails left little flapping petals of shadow in their wake, that fluttered around as though trying to scrape up and devour every scrap of light until being burnt up.

There was only one type of creature in the whole universe that flew like that. And one of them was headmaster of the very school this Rahkshi band were running from.

So why were two more Makuta heading on a direct course to Corpus Rahkshi...

• Upvote 2

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang was cut off as an ominous shadow was cast across the clearing. "Everyone, under the trees!" he hissed. He snatched at Kat's hand and tried to drag her to safety.

Hoto couldn't see the shadows, but she could feel the sudden change in the group. The flower slipped from her hand as she pressed herself back against the tree. "W-what's going on?" she whispered.

As Lucid turned towards her, Rain slipped back around the corner, grinning as Split was spotted.

IC: Lucid / Gym

Eventually, her gaze eventually landed on Sliver. "Excuse me," she called over politely, "Did you see who threw that?"

"Sorry, no," I replied casually, "Maybe the Gym doesn't just like you."

IC: 

So why were two more Makuta heading on a direct course to Corpus Rahkshi...

IC: Xara - Forest.

"Word of our escape can't have gotten out already...." I trailed off, "...so why?" 

IC Phogen: Then, in a small burst of incomprehensibility, she whimpered out quietly "It's perfect and it's going to work." She experienced a shiver that chilled her so much that Exxan could feel the ice.

IC: Exxan - Beach. 

"It's okay, it's okay," I tried to sound soothing, but I'd never been very good at comforting others. And this whole outburst... reuniting with Phogen... it had really shaken me. "But you need to listen. I need help. Your help." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Phogen: Then, in a small burst of incomprehensibility, she whimpered out quietly "It's perfect and it's going to work." She experienced a shiver that chilled her so much that Exxan could feel the ice.

"It's okay, it's okay," I tried to sound soothing, but I'd never been very good at comforting others. And this whole outburst... reuniting with Phogen... it had really shaken me. "But you need to listen. I need help. Your help."

IC Phogen: Phogen took a deep breath and seemed to be meditating for a moment. She returned to reality slowly, the ocean providing some stability. She shrugged off one of Exxan's hands, but allowed one to stay on her, contented. Releasing her legs and nodding, and looked over to Exxan.

She wasn't about to give into romance. She wasn't willing to be that trite, at least not yet, but she was willing to be a friend. She tilted her chin up slightly, not missing a beat from before her journey out to the beach. Phogen examined Exxan, contemplating how desperate he was and how much of a discount friendship provided on her services. Seeming to come to a decision, she cooed out, voice as slick and tempting as their first meeting "I'm listening..."

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

And just like that, all of the emotion was gone, replaced with the meticulous schemer I knew and.... loved? Was that what this feeling was? "This is going to sounds crazy...." I sighed, "....but I need help in killing a Makuta." 

"Ah, yeah. Sure, will do."

Hoto fell silent and tried to make herself as small as possible in the shadows of the tree. Her ears strained for the slightest sound that would indicate the Makuta had seen them.

Nothing. Lucid didn't even bother getting out of the water. Rain hissed with disgust and limped away. She needed to pay Palma a visit.

And just like that, all of the emotion was gone, replaced with the meticulous schemer I knew and.... loved? Was that what this feeling was? "This is going to sounds crazy...." I sighed, "....but I need help in killing a Makuta." 

IC Phogen: The rahkshi blinked at him. Than, she did something that anyone who knew her would find utterly bizarre given the circumstances.

She seriously contemplated the option.

She rubbed her chin and faced the shoreline. she looked up, determining if it could be done at all, let alone if Exxan could do it. Of course, Makuta could be killed, but if Mutran's anatomy was any indication, it would be perhaps the single most difficult act any of the participants would ever contribute to. Worse still would be the retribution from the Brotherhood. Granted, none of the Makuta particularly liked each other, but they did protect their own in a sort of 'Nobody disintegrates my brother but me' sort of way. Plus, they would not want a Makuta-killer on the loose unless that killer could be brought or bought into the fold. The reason was obvious: Makuta were tough. Toa, unless augmented in some way with power, could not even court the possibility. Instead, they had to rely on containment or capture. Death itself was even a difficult concept to apply to the species, considering their nature and anatomy. All of this churned through Phogen's mind as she contemplated.

• Upvote 1

"That's not the whole plan, just to clarify," I quickly added, "But I don't see any way to ensure the rahks here are allowed to live their lives as they please until Tridax is killed. Unless you've got a better idea?"

"That's not the whole plan, just to clarify," I quickly added, "But I don't see any way to ensure the rahks here are allowed to live their lives as they please until Tridax is killed. Unless you've got a better idea?"

IC Phogen: A few key elements were still missing from the equation. Phogen simply said "I need more information to decide the capacity in which I may assist." She would not hand him a blank check by any means, but there was a subtle, and intended agreement in the words. "What is your plan?"

"Well, as you know, everyone thinks I'm dead. I'd prefer to keep it that way, for the time being," Surprising, it actually felt really good to be bargaining and scheming again. "The only thing I need you to do right now is to keep an eye on everyone - figure out which students are loyal to Tridax, which ones hate him, which ones are impartial, that sort of thing." 

IC: Kovinth-Refactory

The blue and purple Rahk flipped his notebook to the right page out of reflex, though he barely needed a glance at it since this page was one of the first filled out. He nodded to the confused looking Rahk, who he recognized from the memorial, before turning back to the light Rahkshi. "I apologize for startling you, I was unsure if I could intercept by simply walking. I'm Kovinth, and your friend here is at least partially right. Some species of Kewa and Kahu Have adapted for desert life, but most of the flighted Rahi, Gukko included are tree-dwelling. They may have adapted for life among the towers, spires, the tallest places of the school; or possibly caves and depressions in the cliff face. However, the most likely place I would think for a Gukko to hide itself in the area, would be among the forests on the mainland. I saw them as I was arriving at the school, the forests seem to be almost ideal habitat. Though, the most efficient method of searching would be to start here at the school and spiral outwards."

Kovinth paused, realizing he had no idea the context of this situation. "Uh, of course, there are other possibilities, mostly based on the individual Rahi. Why are you searching for this Gukko, if I might ask?"

IC: Blue-Gym

Blue whirled around at the sound of voices behind her, twisting the ends of her staff and unfolding the boomerangs, striking a ready stance as the long stick clattered on the floor. She paused briefly before clearing her throat and standing up straight. "Sorry, I'm not used to, uh... Well, us really. My Father rarely made Rahks, much less ones like us."

She glanced down and sighed at her discarded staff, kicking the lonely looking stick weakly. "Dumb thing... Sorry you two, I'm Blue. Just arrived, so all this is pretty new to me. My Fath-- My Makuta, rather, sent me here to get me out from underfoot. His brightest and most... Finished creation." She said bitterly, glancing from the staff to the wobbly spine on her back. "And you two are...?"

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Illusive - Refectory.

I continued numbly eating my slop. 

IC--Beat--Infirmary

"Morning, Stripey," Beat said, rotating her freshly-healed shoulder experimentally. "You really gave me a run for my money back there. How ya feeling?"

IC--Footwork--Entryway

Corpus Rahkshi was not an inviting sight. The place looked more like a prison than a school. Then again, he supposed that in his case, there wasn't much of a difference.

Shaking off such gloomy thoughts, he stepped through the doors.

OOC: Footwork open for interaction.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png