Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Gaever / Gym

Gaever had been considering her doppleganger's challenge. On the one hand, it didn't seem likely she was an assassin, and it would be a severe waste of energy engaging her rather than conserving it for staying alive.

But on the other army knife, she could think of few ways better to prove to everyone - herself included - that she was superior to this impostor than beating her outright in combat.

There were a few moments of deliberation. But in the end this chance it was too tempting. She took a breath, and from where she was standing behind the digitidrade duplicate she called out, "Your challenge is accepted."

"I will contend with you."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Xi

Xi stared at the flute, Confused as to how a series of notes could come out of a stick with holes. And such nice notes...

IC Doubt

Oh, finally.

Doubt nearly crashed, but somehow pulled it off to look purposeful. "Well," he said as he walked up to Revenge and Vlad, "I see a good place." He glanced up into the treetop.

There were a few moments of deliberation. But in the end this chance it was too tempting. She took a breath, and from where she was standing behind the digitidrade duplicate she called out, "Your challenge is accepted."

"I will contend with you."

IC: Vyper - Gym.

"You're an assassin?" I sized up the other rahk, noting the impressive array of gadgets they'd equipped themself with, "You didn't strike me as one when you were running around earlier." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shark / Gym

"And contend with everyone else? Suicide, should you manage."

Well, more so, came Diode's first forceful reminders of the folly of their insolence: a laser blasting at their left shoulder, and a fierce diagonal swing of Shark's immense sword left and towards their waist not strictly impossible to parry, if Diode could react pretty quickly.

OOC: Though this time he is using the teleportive edge...  :evilgrin:  In the event it strikes something, I've called up the RNG and received 4, translating to teleporting it in front and to the left of Diode.

Oh wonderful, it turned out she'd somehow misinterpreted (maybe purposefully subconsciously, in her anticipation of taking down her double) - the challenge had been issued towards assassins exclusively. And clearly this bizarre parallel must thinking her rather unintelligent for it, she herself certainly was... "No, I am not among the ranks of assassins. But if you merely desire a worthwhile challenger, I am willing to engage you," she replied, veiling this slightly haphazard attempt at recovery in as much unperturbed confidence she could muster.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

I rolled my eyes, "Stop wasting my time," I kept a wary eye on my surroundings, just in case this was a distraction of some sort, "this assignment is tedious enough without me having to deal with over-eager gadget junkies." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, she'd admit to being a waste of time. Even maybe over-eager. But a gadget junkie? As in, junk? Her swiss army hands clenched into angry fists at the detestable doppleganger's suggestion, and more than ever she wanted to fight this infringement, but that was not something it made a lot of sense to do now. "Another time, then," she muttered, retreating into obscurity once more.

"Okay..." there was something about the other rahk's demeanour that I found... troubling.

I'd have to keep an eye on her in future...

IC: Canvas - Courtyard

Just when Canvas felt she was starting to get into the music, the playing stopped. She endured the silence for a few seconds before asking, "...is that it?"

IC: Call - Hallways to Refectory

"Yeah, might as well," Call sighed, taking his hands from his nose. He reluctantly pushed on to the room that could only be the Refectory, filled with the odor of its signature slop. "Still hungry?" he asked Sim as they walked inside.

IC: Zilnta:

hearing someone else in the refectory surprised Zilnta. Enough that he spun around with food still on his face. But only for a second. "What do you want. I Sure hope it isn't the contents of this cauldron, cause it's mine" wiping some of the goop from his face, Zilnta jammed it in a shoulder joint.

OOC: Zilnta responding to Call's entry

Edited by le-toa_rock

IC: Melody-Courtyard.

Melody smiled at Canvas, the flute still at her mouth. She let the silence hang a bit longer than.. It began. A soft, somber tune flowed from the flute, than it grew, expressing a calm wonder.

OOC: Just so you know, Sometimes I may stop Melody's "turn" in the middle of the song.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC--Beat--Gym

There was only one way to stay in the fight now; any strike that couldn't be dodged or parried had to be yielded to. It had worked fairly well the first time Door had charged her, but this time he hit Beat more directly. Giving virtually no resistance, she tumbled considerably further than she would have otherwise, but managed to rise almost immediately, ascending dizzily in flight mode as she forced the fuzz from her rattled mind. First things first...she needed her axe back.

IC--Sepulchral--Gym [Pit]

Sepulchral crouched on the floor of the pit, brooding somewhat. Yielding had been the right thing to do, and this time the phrase was not hollow self-assurance but simple fact. This was no more than a game, and one that was growing less and less to his liking. It was better to be out of it entirely. Deciding to take his mind off the situation he drew a few chisels and a pleasingly-colored rock from the pockets of his cloak and began carving.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

OOC: Ah, that's what I was thinking, but it seemed strange to stop after only two notes and then there didn't seem to be any more posts. I'll be more patient.

Canvas smiled back. So that wasn't it. She let her eyes close to enjoy the music to its fullest.

IC: Call - Refectory

Call sighed again and made his way back to the Porters serving up bowls of the foul substance. As he grabbed his... "food," he did his best to ignore what looked like a Rahkshi bathing in the stuff. It was already hard enough to keep his appetite as it was.

IC: Augustus | Gym

"Well."

He stood just by the door, eyes wide at the scene before him. Looked like everybody and their brother was running around, fighting, and other general bits of chaos.

"Kaboom was right."

OOC: Augustus OFI

IC: Kamanau (Snake) - 4th Tier, Malebranche

No! No! I can't! They'll...know my thoughts, my fears, everything!

I sense the presence of a being within us, something that unifies us, but it is...alien. I've heard its voice once before, as our bodies collided together. It is darkness and pain, and terror. It's mouth grins in the shadows. What are you? I whisper into the emptiness. The thing opens its eye, and speaks:

"I am..."

"You are..."

"We are..."

"Kamanau."

A mighty roar erupts from our mouth as my mental barrier is shredded.

Kathok

IC: Sim - Refectory

I grabbed a bowl of the slop directly after Call. It was a truly underwhelming meal, fit for maggots and the occasional rama-nui.

'Mmm... Rama-Nui Soup.' I thought. I didn't complain verbally. It was enough to have food to eat, after nearly a month with nothing.

I nudged the Stasis Rahkshi and pointed at the benches. Few were occupied, and there was plenty of space.

IC: Vlad / Forest

Vlad was a bit skeptical; of all of them, it was Doubt who'd struck him as most tired. "Are you sure you'll be able to stay avake, alert enough, to vatch?" he asked the Panrahk. "I could cover vhile you get a little rest..." He was tired too, admittedly, but he didn't feel right to volunteer the others, even if he did seem to be the leader.

IC: Fíor - Forest, Nynrah

I sit on a stump of decaying wood, unfolding the map before my face. The tree stump has a sawed off look, but no trees nearby appear to have been harvested like this one. Strange. I contemplate the fact that every object has a story to tell, not to mention every being. I know my mind is making idle thought to keep itself off my panic, but I'm somehow comforted by the fact that my observational skills, even at the most irrelevant level,  have remained intact since my...change. They are cold and emotionless skills, true, but I will need every ability I can muster to get myse-- us through this.

I open my mouth to speak to Nymph, sitting near me, about the locations we could head for. Then I hear it. A voice. Close.

For a moment I freeze, not sure if my audio receptors are deceiving me, but the voice is getting louder, rapidly. I can tell Nymph has heard them too, and I manage a hissed "Get down!". Apprehension invades my brain as I realize our very obvious camp is set up all around us. If we tear it down, we'll make a noise. If we leave it, they - and whoever "they" is, I doubt they're friendly - will come and investigate. My eyes wide and heart pounding, I give a questioning look to Nymph, hiding next to me behind the log pile.

OOC: Vlad, Doubt, Revenge etc. etc. etc. ETC. ETC.

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC: Revenge-Forest

"That is some good thinking." Revenge said to Doubt.  It was great to have everyone thinking ahead.  He wasn't feeling too tired himself.  "I will rest up, I could watch next if needed." He turned and began to climb a tree, looking for a sutible spot to sleep.

IC: Nymph (Nynrah)

I scrabble clumsily for my sword, wrapping my fingers tightly around the metal hilt, arms trembling as I hold the blade up in front of me. I return Fior's questioning look, wondering frantically why people would be here, only to realise...

Her.

That red and yellow Rahkshi, the chubby one.

She must have told Icarax.

Suddenly, my breathing increases in pace until

I'm hyperventilating, sweating and mind filled with a misty fog of fear.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Doubt

Ah good, a place in the top of this tree. Not the tallest, but that was only to prevent limb-breaking if he was to fall.

Hanging on, he glanced around to make sure everyone was alright, until...

The camp of Fior's was very well hidden, but it looked a little too conspicuous. "Hey, Vlad?"

IC: Carapace and Voha/Gym

The halls seemed empty. Where were all the others?

Voha walked up to the gym in peeked in, hissing to see the brawls and disorder going on. Upon seeing this, I immediately grabbed him and stepped back. He whimpered, but relented and resorted to resting in my arms. I knew he wanted to play, but he'd probably hurt himself.

"Perhaps when you grow up, Voha. But for now, that looks dangerous."

IC: Revenge-Forest

Revenge noticed Doubt and Vlad going to investigate something.  He was already comfortable in a tree but he loaded his launcher, just in case he was needed.

IC: Melody-Courtyard

Melody began to wrap up her song, the notes became longer and softer until there was a small pause in between each.  They flowed up and down for a little till she reached the last note.  It hung in the air, slowly fading off into silence.

As the music came to its completion, Canvas sighed softly as she opened her eyes. "That was beautiful, Melody," she said serenely.

IC: Call - Refectory

Call shrugged and sat down at a nearby table with his food. Sim was being oddly quiet after how loquacious he had been in the halls. It was almost uncomfortable now. "So... ah, where did you come from then?" Call asked, hoping for a good topic.

IC: Hoto - Malebranche Warehouse

A deafening roar shook the warehouse, and Hoto whimpered and backed further into the corner, trying to escape the horror of the Kaita.