Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Kat: I found a few open chairs, and guided Fang and Exxan over.

Guess it's hard to be angry at a guy who owned up to what he did, and got punished for it, to boot.

I'd greive later.

I shut my mouth, found my chair,

IC Catatonic:

...and got set for a combat role.

IC Poly:

We stood impassively, simply taking in the interior, and the students inside.

We felt the old claustrophobia trying to rip it's way up, and we shoved it back down again.

OOC: Open for interaction. Also, using Catatonic when Kat gets all military.

If you all hadn't figured that out already.

IC: Dodge-256

"Your analysis is incorrect, Rahkshi of Sleep," Dodge said across the benches. "You were visibly agitating several Rahkshi in your vicinity with actions such as stealing this Rahkshi of Weather Control's hat. That, according the the colloquial definition held by the majority of the sane members of this establishment, counts as causing trouble."

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

IC: Silencer - Terrain Crawler.

"Really?" I said scpetically. "Because it looked to me like that was exactly what you were doing." 

IC: Xara - Terrain Crawler. 

I jumped on board, turning around and offering a hand to help Glass up. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I want one." I said decidedly.

IC: Exxan - Terrain Crawler. 

Sitting down was hard with my arm tied behind my back. I kind of had to slouch forwards, careful not to lean back too far. It was as if my punishment was perfectly designed to make participation in this assignment as uncomfortable for me as possible. 

Tridax truly was evil. 

IC: Silencer - Terrain Crawler.

"It looked more to me like you trying to steal that ugly scrap of fabric." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Vir and Mahrika

Causeway -> Terrain Crawler

Vir had almost fainted from shock when what they'd believed to be a colossal sea monster had risen from the depths. Now that they were going inside the thing, presumably to travel in an enclosed space beneath the sea, they weren't much more comfortable. Deep water wasn't something they liked the thought of, much less being inside what looked to be a modified Rahi corpse.

Mahrika was amazed by the vehicle. Was it really the remains a Rahi, or just a cleverly shaped machine? And it seemed like it could crawl along the seabed, at quite a pace if its speedy appearance was any indication. It occurred to him that once his adaptation power was of a higher level, he could explore the sea for himself and find out firsthand what creatures lived in the deep.

As there were few remaining seats, Mahrika and Vir ended up on either side of a green Rahkshi with different-colored eyes, whom nobody had apparently wanted to sit near.

"This craft is amazing," said Mahrika as a greeting. "Do you think they really made it from a Rahi?"

OOC: Ok, Dodge sounds even more than usual like a robot.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Glass

"Then you'd better start to impress Tridax. I doubt these things come easily."

It was very cool, though, and Glass couldn't take his eyes off his surroundings. The inside of this Rahi was a vehicle, with panels and weapons and doodads placed on the walls. It mattered no that they were in a Rahi, which would be cause for concern, because the technological/biological marvel of the Rahi thing was too impressive.

"Come on, let's find some seats. And please don't sit on Sand." 

IC: Illusive - Terrain Crawler.

I took a closer look, still keeping one eye, and my spear, leveled at the snot monster.

To be honest, it was a pretty ugly hat.

IC: Hoto - Terrain Crawler

Hoto felt a hand on her shoulder and dismissed it at first. It was probably just some Rahk catching their balance in the overcrowded space. But then she felt the soft sonic vibrations that were near impossible to hear in this noise. Era.

She sat up and tried to listen to what she was saying. "Yeah, I'm fine," she said, a little too loudly. "It's just... loud. How are you holding up?"

Lying never came easily to her. The sound was not just painful, but it was disorienting in such a small space. Her head spun just trying to keep track of everything, so she didn't bother trying. But for all of that, it was only a mild discomfort compared to her inner punishment. It did occur to her that she was sitting next to the one Rahkshi who might actually be able to help.

IC: Rain - Terrain Crawler

Rain sat in her seat, oblivious to the bedlam around her, and just admired the inside of the vehicle. The workmanship was remarkable.

She turned to Shiny-with-the-Backpack next to her and stuck out a hand. "Figured if we were going to work together, I might as well introduce myself. Name's Rain. I'm an artist."

IC: Root - Terrain Crawler

Root unconsciously wrapped his vines around his seat. He'd seen the transport leap from the water, and he didn't want to be shaken around. As the realism of the adventure began to set in, dread began to take the place of his previous thrill. This wasn't going to be like reading on his shelf.

IC: Fang - Terrain Crawler

Fang never expected to be sitting right next to Exxan and tolerating it. This was the Rahkshi that had killed Omega and beat him on Nynrah. But he couldn't find it in himself to be angry. Exxan did what he had to, and he had enough punishment. Fang watched as he struggled to sit down. It would be easy for him to melt that staff, but then he remembered why it was there. Fang just sat back in his seat to enjoy the ride, trying to ignore everything around him.

OOC: Rain, Root, and Fang open to interaction.

I actually thought about Fang removing the staff before you remarked on it in Student Register.

IC: The Twins (Silencer) - Terrain Crawler.

"How about you two sit at opposite ends of the vehicle and stay very far away from each other?" I suggested. "As for you..." I focused specifically on the snot monster, "this is the second time you've tried to start a fight in only a few minutes. Do it again and we'll throw you into the ocean." 

With that, Illusive removed his blade from Booger's chest, and the two of us returned to our seats. 

IC: Era - Terrain Crawler. 

"I'm alright." The noise was clearly bothering Hoto; I could hear it in her voice. Now, I was no silence Rahkshi, but I did my best to absorb some of the sound coming near us, making things a little quieter for us both. "That better?" 

Well... this was awkward, and not just because my trapped arm kept me from sitting properly. Here I was, sitting next to the guy who'd been raising a mob agaisnt me only a few days before, and surrounded by his friends, some of whom I strongly suspected would be more than happy to kill me if given the chance. 

"So... ah... lovely weather.... we've been having... right?" I offered, in a vain attempt at making small talk. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Sidonas - Infirmary

Sidonas, decidedly tired out from all the running around, started to pull out his small mobile toolkit he had 'Borrowed' from someone's pack in the gym. With it he begun to work on fastening the fastening screws on his Gauntlet Crossbow. He then pulled out his poisons and random chemicals. He inspected each vial carefully, looking for cracks and faults in the containers that held the various toxins. After that, he called to see if Palma was there again. "Palma?" He called out loud, "I kind of have a situation here.." His voice trailed off until he called out again: "I may have crushed my suit's legs. Could use some new ones, not exactly sure where you'd get spares..."

OOC: Open for interation. Also I could use a doctor...

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC Kat:

That was it. I cracked.

I started laughing hysterically. Like.... almost falling over suffocating laughing. Crying from laughing so hard. 

Beats me why, it wasn't really funny, but , maybe I just needed to let out steam some way.

After composing myself (with some concerned and confused stares) I managed, "H-Hard to tell in h-here."

I looked at his arm.

"Hey, uh.... you want that off?" I offered.

• Upvote 1

IC: Hoto - Terrain Crawler

The sound suddenly went from tortuous to uncomfortable, and for a moment, Hoto thought she was going deaf as well.

Oh, right. Era is a Derahk.

She just nodded and sat up. The dampening field dulled her clicks before they could return to her, but at least the noise was quieter. Hopefully she could still talk.

"There's been... something I've been meaning to ask you. Back on that spider hunt, you knew exactly what to do with that whip of yours. How... did you learn to fight like that?"

IC: Fang - Terrain Crawler

Exxan sounded just as uncomfortable about the arrangement as he was. Fang didn't bother looking at him and just nodded.

The whole trip couldn't go on like this. Fang sat up and stared at his hands, trying to think of something to say. After all that had happened, there had to be something. He couldn't bring himself to talk about Omega now. Exxan did know most of his life story, all the good and the bad. But it felt odd to talk about. He had shared a part of himself he never thought he would to the one Rahkshi who he never would have...

His thoughts were interrupted by Kat. Fang jumped back in surprise at her sudden outburst. Why was she offering to take off the staff? It was his punishment. He deserved it. And of course, if Exxan accepted, Fang would have to help.

IC; Exxan - Terrain Crawler.

My dismal attempt at an icebreaker seemed to have worked better than I'd expected, and I took several moments to stop and consider Kat's offer. "No," I finally decided, "I can live with it for now. I'll take my punishment until Tridax..." I spat the name with undisguised disdain, "...is content. Show him I'm an obedient little Rahkshi." 

"I taught myself." I explained, "It's a noisy weapon. The extra sound helps me read my surroundings more clearly, aim more precisely. In battle, I treat my weapon as an extension of my body, the same way it's an extension of my senses. The rest is all in the wrist." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: All Characters/3rd Person, Counterpunch's POV/Crawler

Bullseye had read about vehicles but this was the first on he had ever encountered. He took his cowboy hat, put it over his head, and went to sleep.

Toxin hated cramped spots, especially since his slime may cause problems. He decided to just pace, since there was just enough room on the walkway to do so.

Stronghold took off some of his armor plating and began trying to even out the dents.

Punch, or rather Counterpunch since Punch wanted to rest in their head, began fidgeting, his green eyes looking around.

OOC: Interaction open. I warn you though, you interact with one, you might interact with all.

"What is that supposed to mean?" my response came out snappier than intended. "Me of all people?" 

IC: Fang - Crawler

Well, that was surprising. Exxan was willing to submit to his punishment, but not to Tridax. Fang wanted to ask about it, but Kat beat him to it. He could hardly get a word in, so he just sat back and listened.

IC: Hoto - Crawler

Hoto thought it over. It sounded so easy when put like that. "But... have you fought anyone before? How... how do you manage it?"

IC Mahrika

Terrain Crawler

Mahrika was no paragon of courtesy, but he wasn't rude enough to totally ignore a comment directed at him, as this green Rahkshi had.

"Did you hear me? Or do you need to have Palma check your hearing?"

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

"Trying to impress the guy who runs the school, and actually liking him are two very different things," I pointed out, "Wreck the Halls was the first time I'd ever even spoken to Tridax. But his attitude when I was summoned to his office... he said he had to punish me for killing one of his Rahkshi. He didn't understand Omega, didn't know a thing about him. He doesn't care about us as individuals, only what we represent." I felt bad bringing up Omega so soon, but I'd already said it. 

I couldn't take back my words now. 

"I sparred agaisnt someone earlier, but never really before then." I admitted, "The gym... understands me, I guess... it challenges me. New and trickier challenges each time I visit. And every day, I get better."

Thoughts crept into my mind: But not good enough... you have to be stronger... blindness is not weakness.

I pushed my doubts aside and waited for Hoto's response. 

• Upvote 1

IC: There was a judder as the Crawler set off, sinking beneath the depths as it crossed the channel and started following the waterways of the Eidolon. Slight cramped in the transport compartment the students heard a voice, Suvak's voice, start to sound out from the built in messenger systems.

"Your task this assignment is one of location. You will be taken to Nynrah's capital city of Malebranche. Once there I will go ahead and do my best to remain hidden and avoid detection. You will be doing your best to find me. Your task will begin when the hatches open again. Until then I advise you to research your battle ground. Reading information has been provided."

Sure enough there were several books and pamphlets stashed in cargo holds originally meant for weaponry and ammunition...

OOC: 

Malebranche

The only true city on Nynrah, a default capital of sorts, a shining jewel amongst a cluster of lesser crystals. Or a bloated toad squatting amongst tadpoles, depends on your point of view. It is built directly into a volcano, with a grand total of nine tiers hewn into concentric rings descending steadily within the great crater. A web of cable-cars ferry people and freight between each ring, moving through the fogs that fill the air. While the people here have not had the same time to adjust as the good folk of Phantom-on-the-Water, they are far more multicultural and aren’t likely to notice a few Rahkshi. And you’ll probably want to keep it that way, for getting yourself noticed will most likely draw the attention of the Guards of the Circles and they are far more professional than their slightly silly name suggests.

First Tier, Fringe Level: On the very top of the volcano, circling its mouth like some terrible infection, is the entry level of the great city of Malebranche. It is a sprawl of tents and awnings as temporary shelters and stalls spring up every second, colouring the place every shade of the world. This is where new arrivals to the city find themselves, and often lose themselves, as this bizarre bazaar is a whirl of every sensation.

Notable Locations: Great Food Market

Second Tier, Business Level: If your venture in Malebranche is more of a permanent affair, then sooner or later you will find yourself in the second tier. It is where the enterprising Skakdi and cunning Vortixx set up their companies, running them from great buildings that stretch up almost to the opening of the great fire mountain, all the better to avoid the fog and filth that filters up from the lower levels. Here is where money is changed hands, where contracts are signed, where the civilised end of business concludes itself.

Notable Locations: Xia Solutions Tower, Tridax’s Estate

Third Tier, Residential Level: While the executives have their ivory towers in the second level, the workforce they use makes its home just below. And this is no shanty town of crude huts, the houses are spacious, well-lit and kept as clean as possible despite the emissions from below. All the doing of the elite above, thought not because some cunning goldsmith has made them all hearts, purely because healthy and happy workers can work harder and better. 

Notable Locations: The Dreadnought O’erturned tavern, the Vapour Gardens bathhouse

Fourth Tier, Warehouse Level: Often the sheer bulk of items made to order requires somewhere to keep them. For ease of transporting them to the first or second tier a vast series of storehouses was constructed as close as possible, so anything needed could be held then ferried upwards at most convenience. The warehouses themselves are but simple boxes of stone and mortar, their walls thick enough to keep safe perishable goods even in the face of the volcano’s heat.

Notable Locations: Xia Solutions storage compound, Actor’s Cradle amphitheatre

Fifth Tier, Smithing Level: Beware, for here be artisans, a most crafty and easily offended breed. The Fifth Tier is taken up by blacksmiths and great craftsman, each of them a master of their trade be they Ghost, Vortixx or even Skakdi. Their smithies are small, often open buildings, perhaps with a few small sheds based around them like orbiting moons. Each smith can own a large plot of land here, but rarely uses all of it, using the space to keep businesses separate and egos from clashing.

Notable Locations: The House of Grossh, the Gold Quarter

Sixth Tier, Factory Level: You might almost be mistaken for missing this Tier altogether. The buildings are large enough and so close together that it looks like they’ve simply been carved straight out of the mountain rock, with innumerate chimneys poking out from them like redbrick ribs. They’re factories, built specifically to churn out mass produced wares. The smiths above will make you ornate jewellery or intricate circuitry, but the factories here will make you enough armour to clad an army. And they’ll do it in a day. And offer you a discount if you buy the swords to go with them.  

Notable Locations: Malebranche Sewage Works

Seventh Tier, Processing Level: It is here that raw materials are brought, here where they are hammered and heated and churned and subjected to all manner of technique both crude and complex until they have been turned into something workable. Dull rocks come in and shining ingots of steel are sent out. The architecture seems to take after this process, with the buildings lower down being workmanlike slabs of stained rock while the ones higher have more of a polished sheen to them. Well, as much as you can with the rising grime of the Eighth Tier stretching up to greet them.

Notable Locations: Grand Smashing Plant

Eight Tier, Refinery Level: To those who know, lava is more than molten rock. As a burning force of nature it courses through the very bones of the world and consumes all it touches. It is at this level that specialists seek to separate the meal from the magma, extracting valuable ores, precious materials, rare fuels. It is dangerous and messy work, necessitating that the lava be kept hot and flowing or risk losing all it contains. The refineries themselves are set far apart from one other, to prevent any fires spreading too swiftly amongst them, and constantly vomit forth noxious fumes and foul oozes, the waste products of this dangerous profession.

Notable Locations: First Vein Purifications

Ninth Tier, Caldera Level: The mountain’s heart, a lake of fire that glows and boils like a sun trapped within earth and rock. The heat is intense and blistering, none can venture here but the hardiest of Ta and Su stock. Those brave few farm the raw magma, carefully tending the channels that draw it forth from the deeps below and sending it upwards. There are few buildings, humble yet sturdy homesteads for those who spend their lives amongst the fires.

Notable Locations: Clementine Falls

Malacoda: One of two rivers that flow around the great volcano, this one formed of various underground geysers and boiling wells found lower than even the Caldera. As its twisting branches reach through the rock of the mountain it has largely repurposed as plumbing for the city, providing the citizenry with fresh water and flushing out the filth. It emerges from a hive of pipes at the volcano’s south face, before twisting round westwards and heading north, a bubbling mess of sludge and slime that quickly degenerates into a swampy marshland.

Eidolon: The opposite of the Malacoda in almost every way, the river Eidolon is formed of meltwater from the rings of ice that encrust the top of the mountain, many tiny streams becoming one mighty river that gushes down the mountain with the purity of liquid diamond. It is occasionally used in a series of canals and locks to ship heavier freight up to the Fringe Tier, as no-one would place vessels in the Malacoda lest they start dissolving, but is mostly left untouched to pool at the north base, wind round east and flow south to Phantom-on-the-Water.

IC: Some time passed. The stillness of the Crawler was noticeable. They must have been settled for-

There was a rush of boiling hot but undeniably fresh air as the access hatches opened, and the student horde was let loose on Malebranche

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: The Twins (Illusive) - Terrain Crawler.

This could all be a trick, I signed to Silencer, let's check the Crawler first before moving out into the city.

He nodded, and we split up, him checking in compartments and behind seats while I forced open the cockpit door to look for Suvak there.  

IC: Hoto - Crawler

She thought back to her own encounter in the Gym. Just dodging practice for now, but it pushed her skills to the limit... then passed them. "Yeah, the Gym tends to do that," she remarked quietly.

She took a deep breath. Era needed to know sometime. "I've... never been able to do it. Fighting, I mean. While I was... out there, it didn't matter. If I wanted to live, I needed those that discovered me to know I meant no harm. But here... it feels like everyone just... expects it. There's always sparring in the Gym and fights all over the school, and I can't ever do anything but sit back and watch."

Era wouldn't understand how that made her feel. She was perfect at just about everything that mattered in this school.

Hoto suddenly reached her arms out as the room suddenly began moving. It was... a vehicle? She cringed as Suvak announced the pamphlets, and a mission to find him. She might as well give up now.

Edited by Click