Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: The Twins (Illusive) - Sixth Tier (Malebranche Sewage Works)

The stench hit me light a punch to the face. No wonder many Rahkshi thought themselves superior to the other races. We didn't excrete anything that smelt nearly this bad. But we weren't going to give up so easily. I dug around on my belt, eventually finding some scraps of paper and a stylus. I scribbled down a quick note.

Have you seen any skakdi down here?

I didn't bother with a specific description of Suvak. If anyone who didn't belong down here had come through, surely these workers would have noticed. I walked up to the nearest one, showing them my note. 

IC: Xara - Malebranche.

"I never said you had to drink alcohol, idiot," I retorted, "just get some water or something." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Poor Exxan, everything, including the Guards, seems to be after him. Maybe Ultron has caught on to the hate virus.

IC: Fang - Malebranche - Ninth Tier to First Tier

That was it. Five minutes..., or was it ten? It was so hard to keep track of anything in the scorching heat.

Suvak couldn't be down here. Tough as the Skakdi was, he would either pass out and die or leave after an hour at most. Fang folded up his legs and shot off back to the first level, sighing with relief as the relatively cool wind blew through his armor. He tried to land gracefully, but he was going too fast, and the heat seemed to have sapped his energy faster than a Vorahk. His landing turned into a roll, which turned into a skid until he hit a market stall. The Matoran shouted at him... something about merchandise... but Fang just had to lay there for a moment and let himself recover. Steam rose from his armor which was still too hot to touch, fortunately preventing any rash action on the part of the store owner.

IC: Root - Malebranche - Seventh Tier

At first, the noise had given Root a headache. It was so different from the nearly silent Library he was accustomed to. But as he sat for a moment, focusing on feeling his vines probing through the rocks, the constant crashing faded into a dull throbbing. But the vines had failed to detect anything vaguely Skakdi-like among the ore. Root hopped up, not even needing his powers to make the vines wither and snap. He needed to get to some water soon.

As he sat up, he finally had a chance to look around... at countless Skakdi working the metal. Suvak could be any one of them. Root began charging up and down the assembly lines, seeking the familiar green and gold, as well as mechanical implants. It would be... harder than he had thought.

IC: Rain - Malebranche - Second Tier

Look at that detail! The windows are perfectly placed, the white facade still shining between them underneath the grit of this city!

Wasn't there something I was supposed to be doing? Something about... some lost guy or another. Looking for...

"...good hiding places here..."

Yeah, that was it. Something about hiding places. She turned toward the voice and met Sparky's gaze. Right, they were supposed to be looking for Suvak... but the towers were so pretty... you have to win this!

Crazy and Vir were fighting over some knife. Seemed as good a chance as any to ditch them. She motioned to Mahrika and started off walking down the streets, trying and failing to keep her eyes off the towers around her. Maybe... Suvak could be inside one? She pulled open the nearest door and stepped inside the luxurious lobby. The doorman gave her a disgusted look, and she shot one right back. It would be no use to explain art to one as thick as this.

IC: Hoto - Malebranche - First Tier

Hoto just followed a short distance behind the group, keeping her head down. There wasn't any point in analyzing her surroundings. Even if she could pick out a Skakdi, she had no way of telling it was Suvak. Suvak was the only Skakdi she had ever met, and that only made it harder. How much did his species vary? Did other Skakdi use mechanical implants? There was no point to even wondering.

At least she didn't need to put too much effort into following the group. She could recognize their distinct Rahkshi voices and follow the footsteps through the crowd. Her Dodge senses were enough to keep her out of trouble.

OOC: Probably should get Team Era moving. I'm not sure when Norik, Construct, and Pohatu will post replies.

IC Kat/ Bath House

I was nearly bowled over by a large Skakdi, bursting out from one of the saunas.

My imeediate reaction was to take off after him, but I realized that in such a rush, he'd likely have left his belongings here.

I went to the front desk, and with some difficulty, managed to charade for a paper and pen, then scrawled a note for the receptionist.

"Could you show me the Skakdi who just ran out's belongings? I want to return them."

They directed me to a locker, opening the small metal door.

Oddly trusting of them.

I grabbed the stuff, and ran out, ducking into an alley close by.

I rifled through the effects, looking for anything that might lead me to Suvak.

IC Poly/ Second Tier streets

We descended into the streets of the Second Tier, after having no luck from above.

~hard to find~

We were at a loss.

We noticed others around, fellow students. all rushing about, searching everywhere, a few running into trouble, others, like us, going more or less unnoticed.

OOC POly open for interaction.

IC: Booger-Malebranch-Second tier

"OW!" Booger recoiled from the light, the blade bashed him across the front of his face.  "I knew you weren't dead!" Booger prepered himself for a fight, raising Ol' Crusty high.

IC: Revenge-Malebranche-First Vein Purifications

Revenge borrowed some paper from Vaalku, and wrote out a message to the matoran.

We are here on a mission.  We are looking for a Skakdi by the name of Suvak.  He is green and has a mechanical arm and leg.  Have you seen him?

OOC: Rider and Flash are in the Grand smashing plant. So I assume they could just use the post you did for Root, Ultron.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

OOC: Cue magical teleportation for Team Era!

IC: Era - Fifth Tier.

Somehow we found ourselves on what seemed to be a level full of blacksmith shops. The buildings around us were wide and open, spread mercifully far apart from each other. The sound was dispersed pretty well, so I didn't need to exert my powers too much to protect myself and Hoto from the extra noise. I could recognise voices around me, the different speech patters giving me some indication of who and what species inhabited this area of the city. Matoran and a few skakdi, and some kind of much taller beings, possibly the species I'd heard about called Vortixx. 

I approached one of them and pointed at a larger building, "What... is... that place?" I managed to croak out, using my powers to twist the sounds into the Matoran tongue; I'd been listening in on the conversation around us, learning. He made an uncertain sound, and I repeated my question, slowing the sounds down more, emphasising each syllable until he finally seemed to understand me. 

"That is The House of Grossh," he said. I had no idea what that meant, but it sounded important. 

"Maybe we should look in there?" I suggested to the others. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jayar / Malebranche: Third Tier

As the Skakdi rushed into the outer city Jayar realized it would be tough to follow him through the bustling city.

So why go though? He slammed his staff into the ground and vaulted into the air, then pressed his feet together and took flight. From the air, it would be easy to follow the Skakdi.

OOC: @Smudge8 Avenger's light is bright enough to be blinding, temporarily, at close range. In case you didn't know.

IC: Vlad / Malebranche: Second Tier

Vlad staggered backwards, his body protesting any movement. But the alternative was probably being beaten even more, since he was in no condition to defend himself.

Since Booger was blinded, he took to the air, grimacing at the necessity to press his feet together. He would make less sound flying, which hopefully would prevent the blinded Booger from locating and following him

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC First tier:

"Guargh, thanks m' bud!" The speaker barked jovially. Still inclined its head as it followed another group of people looking to descend to lower levels. The Rahkshi soon found itself in a park of twisted metal and glass - the artistic product of some overly abstract craftsman. But more importantly, right across the street stood the tavern Dreadnought. Still busied itself fussing over some strand of metal, apparently inspecting it, while in truth it was scoping out the tavern. Skakdi in numbers tended to be... rough, to say the least. No need to barge in immediately, if all it would invite was a quick exit.

Edited by Bloody Nine

IC: Glass

Glass felt a big stab of hurt to his heart. Since Rahkshi don't have hearts(although Kraata had a weird blood vessel that was basically a heart), Glass knew that it was an emotional emotional thing.

She called you an idiot!

"Yeah, sure, I'm the idiot. Now can we go, or do you have another point to make."

Glass was shocked at his words.

That's pree harsh.

• Upvote 1

IC: Xara - First Tier.

"Okay... sorry..." clearly he'd taken my last remark a little more personally than I'd intended. I don't know what hurt more: his words, or seeing the impact mine had on him. I'd have to make it up to him somehow. "Do you want to navigate, then?" I passed him the map. "Where should we search next?" 

IC: All My Characters

Pyre asked Mar'jik

"So if we were to slowly head up the theirs you would be able to sense what their he is on?"

IC Mar'jik:

"Pretty much."

IC: All My Characters

Death nodded and pointed at a cable car.

Death said, "We should use this to travel slowly down so you can try to detect what teir Suvak is on. We should search the smaller tiers first because we can scan those areas quicker."

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

IC Mahrika

Malebranche Second Tier

Mahrika's relief at being finally acknowledged soon faded as Rain ran off into some seemingly random building. He followed her, already feeling like he was reliving the Visorak hunt. He caught up with her to find her staring at the architecture. "Do you actually have a lead on Tridax, or did you just come in here for your own amusement?"

OOC: The volcano is a caldera, so it's shaped like a bowl. The first tiers are the highest and widest, I believe.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Rain rolled her eyes yet again at Sparky. For a guy who picked up a lot, there sure was a lot he missed. "Suvak could have connections in these towers. He could be in any one of the rooms! We'll have to check them all!"

...and of course, enjoy the fine detailing on that molding.

No, she was focused. She turned to Mahrika with an impish grin and ran up the stairs to the first room. The high-and-mighty doorman frantically chased after her, shouting things about how she wasn't supposed to disturb the residents.

IC: Sidonas - Infirmary

Sidonas woke up in a flash, eyes wide open, he looked down at his legs...his legs, he didn't understand how his artificial legs were on, but his question was quickly answered at the sight of Palma. "Knew somebody would find me.." He said, his voice weak and tired. "Guess I'll be camping here for a few days huh?" He laid his head back, staring at the ceiling.

OOC: So, does my healthcare cover self made limbs?

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Vlad / Malebranche: Third Tier

Vlad flew downward into the third tier, glad to escape his revolting opponent, but rather bedraggled. Falling down a flight of stairs did that to you. He landed quickly, beside what was apparently the Vapour Gardens. It looked like a good place to stop and rest awhile, so he walked inside, past the front desk and an Elastic Rahkshi, and sat down by a wall in a comfortably steamy room, and glanced around.

He glanced around the room. Maybe if he were lucky he'd have stumbled upon Suvak. No, who was he kidding? Good luck was something he'd consistently had less than his fair share of. Well, worth a try, as long as he was in here recuperating.

IC: Stronghold/3rd Person/8th Tier

He saw Fang leave the 9th Tier. Looking down from where he came from, realized that the temperatire was too strong for his level and concluded that there was no way that he would be down there. He went around the First Vein Purifications.

IC: Bullseye/3rd Person/4th Tier

Leaving the Amphitheatre, he decided to go look around the Tier in general.

IC: Toxin/3rd Person/2nd Tier - Tridax's Estate

Listening in on the conversation, he found that the guards were just normal Rahkshi. He remained for.the chance of hearing whether Suvak was there or not.

IC: Fang - Malebranche - First Tier

Having caught his breath, Fang finally pushed himself up from against the stall. His muscles were still stiff and sore from the extreme heat of the Caldera, but at least he could move.

Hopefully there are no Muaka around, because I would make a great, well-cooked dish, he thought with a smirk.

The store owner noticed he was up and began screaming all kinds of profanities against the Brotherhood, demanding payback for the few goods Fang had only rocked in the collision. Fang just waved him off and went to track down Kat. Maybe she was having more luck than he was.

IC: Root - Malebranche - Seventh Tier

Root's travels took him through every section of the massive workplace, leaving behind a trail of dying leaves. How could he have brought his faithful plants into such a... a literal Karzahni? There appeared to be no sign of the familiar Skakdi, although Root saw several that appeared similar. The kinder ones just laughed off his attempts to gain a better angle. Some of them swung their massive hammers at his head, and only a bit of quick thinking and quicker ducking saved him from becoming Kraata stew.

Though the factory seemed promising, it was about time Root retreated to cooler climes. This heat was no place for one such as him, and he could barely think with all the pounding of metal. Root set off towards the door, taking one last look around on his way out.

IC: Hoto - Malebranche - Fifth Tier

Hoto quickly glanced up. It was just a building to her, same as all the others, but perhaps a little bigger. Maybe she was supposed to know the name, but how could she? The pamphlets had been printed. She just sighed and followed the sound of Era's voice. At least with her, things were quiet.

• Upvote 1

IC: Punch/Counterpunch/1st Person, Counterpunch's POV/6th Tier - Malebranche Sewage Works

*So...how's the search?*

~Honestly, not going well. Now it's your turn to be quiet.~

I had entered the sewage system and saw Illusive, one of the Twins that Stronghold fought. I watched to see if he found anything.

OOC: Bullseye is searching the fourth tier in general, Toxin is still hiding around Tridax's estate, Stronghold is searching the First Vein Purifications, and Punch/Counterpunch is at the Malebranche Sewage Works.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Mahrika and Vir

Malebranche Second Tier

It was clear that Rain was not a very effective search partner. Mahrika simply turned around and left, then tracked down Vir and Deadeye. "All right," he told them, "Rain has chosen to go search alone. I say we head up that way, into the market."

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Glass

Glads cursed himself. He should've been more careful with his words.

"I think, if we can't find him in the bars here, we should check that warehouse level. Plenty of hiding places."

Do we know much about Suvak personally? We could, like try to think as much as him.

Good idea. I'll get to work dredging up memories.

"Warehouse level..." I remembered something I'd seen when I'd been reading through the books they'd give us. "...isn't that where the Xia Solutions storage compound was?" Xia was the homeland of the Vortixx, who were supposed to be good at manufacturing weapons and technology. Even if we didn't find Suvak there, we still might find something useful there. Specifically, weapons.

I liked weapons. "Can we go there, please?" I asked hopefully, knowing how childish I probably sounded.

"Lead on."

IC: Fang - Malebranche - First to Third Tiers

He didn't have an idea of where Kat could have gone. By the time she would have announced her destination, he was already off to the Caldera.

Fang folded up his legs and prepared to do a quick flyover of the city to try and spot her. It would only be slightly easier than finding Suvak, but fortunately something caught his attention first. A huge Skakdi was running through the third tier, shoving through the crowds in his haste to get away from... was that Jayar following him? Fang flew along side the Rahkshi of Healing. "What's going on?" He asked. If this was something important, he wanted in on it.

It quickly became apparent that Sparky was not following her. Ah, who needed him and his boring peaceful policies? Not her! She could find Suvak on her own.

Ignoring the protests of the doorman, Rain knocked on the first door she came to. It was opened by a Vortixx whose every motion conveyed a sense of I could own you. The doorman apologized profusely, but Rain just shoved him out of the way. She needed some space for this.

The Vortixx sighed heavily as if Rain's very presence was an intolerable insult. "I've already spoken to Chirox," she moaned. "I told him on no uncertain terms that I would not have his Rahi, nor any of his so-called 'products.' Threaten me if you like, but it will not change anything."

Rain found what she was looking for: a small scrap of paper. With a few quick, familiar movements, she brought out brushes and paint in varying colors and quickly painted a likeness of Suvak. She held up her masterpiece for the Vortixx to critique, rolling her eyes at the apparent confusion.

The Vortixx picked up the page and stared at it closely. "What, a Skakdi? I'm not afraid of any Skakdi!"

Rain hissed helplessly and tried to pantomime that she was searching for him. The Vortixx only looked on with confusion at the strange gestures. Rain finally snatched up the page and painted on the words "Seen him?" and showed it to the Vortixx. She didn't appear any less confused. Rain just stormed off to the next room, grabbing the paper from the worthless Vortixx. The doorman tried to step in again, but she just gave him a firm kick back down the hall. This was going to take a while.

• Upvote 1

IC: Era - Fifth Tier (outside The House of Grossh)

"Do we knock?" I asked the others, "Or do we just... let ourselves in?" 

"You're doing it again," I said worriedly. 

OOC: Okay, okay, one more post for the night. I'm enjoying Rain too much. :D

By the Makuta, this guy was persistent. The doorman had followed her up another few flights of stairs and been pushed back down, but still he kept coming, trying to drag her back and shouting at her with an endless stream of warnings and complaints. If he wasn't so good at relieving her anger, she would have tired of him by now. Who cares if he lost his job just because a Rahkshi went poking around the rich housing?

She stopped at the next door, hoping this one would at least provide a hint. A massive brown Skakdi opened the door, his face fixed in a grimace that was painful just to look at. "Whaddya want?" he growled. Rain only handed him the page, already wrinkled and worn from the many hands that had passed over it.

"Hey," he mumbled, and a spark of recognition glowed in his eye. Rain leaned in expectantly for some word as to her prize. The Skakdi tapped the page with a loose hand and looked back to her. "That almost looks like ol' Bortran! Ya won't be finding him around these parts no more! Killed him myself!" He laughed uproariously as he tore the page into little pieces. Rain screeched furiously and threw herself at him. Rich Skakdi or not, she would have his head. But her staff wedged itself in the door as he slammed it on her face.

The tower's beauty held no attraction for her anymore. Apparently, the only requirements to being rich in this place was to be concerned with only yourself and to be as dumb as rock. They couldn't even appreciate the building they lived in! Unfortunately, Rain knew she could never find her way here. She was far too intelligent and far too humble.

As she turned away, she gave the returning doorman a heavy smack on the mask with the flat of her blade. Finally, he collapsed on the ground. Pity. She would miss her little practice dummy. Maybe he would be fortunate enough to get fired and get away from all of these rich Brakas. Or he might just call the Guards. She didn't care at this point.

• Upvote 1

Ooc: in case you couldn't tell, I'm going to be on my tablet/phone for an indefinite amount of time.

Ic: Siren

Well, the was different Siren thought to herself. She was about to get going again when she heard some shouting from behind her. Thinking it was the giant... Thing again, she had a quick glance behind her. No giant, but there was a large crowd that was shouting at... Something. Looking around, she saw two Rahkshi flying. She flew up to them.

"What exactly are you doing?" She said.

Ooc: That's you Click and Johnrahk.

Ic: Hashan

Hashan was about to make a sarcastic remark when another disc flew by his face. Obviously, this guy meant business. He considered fighting him, then thought against it and pushed him out of the way. As he was running, he crashed into anothrr Rahk.

Ooc: That's Bullseye Arctic.

Ic: Rotary

Rotary had come to the conclusion that he didn't like mines, and so exited out of it. However, that didn't stop him from looking into the mines without actually going into them.

IC: Era - Fifth Tier (outside the House of Grossh)

"I guess..." I said uncertainly, reaching out with a tentative hand and knocking loudly on the outside of the door. 

IC: The Skakdi running from the Vapour Gardens apparently noticed his two pursuers in the sky, and decided to take a shot at them. His eyes flashed, and the air rippled with crimson as his impact vision rocked through the clouds of fog. While still running his aim was slightly off, and he missed Fang and Jayar, though by sheer accident he nearly blasted the spines off Siren's back.

The staff of the Gardens themselves were apparently so befuddled by the whole chain of events that they were willing to let Kat have the Skakdi's belongings, probably assuming she had some Makuta-bestowed authority, but they weren't much help. The Skakdi had a toolkit and some personal weaponry, but nothing that pointed towards Suvak. Caoutchouc might have more luck except the receptionist was still having trouble understanding what he was after.

While the pair of Rahkshi sentries cocked their heads slightly at the mention of their Makuta master, it was clear that without some form of instruction from Tridax himself they weren't going to let Exxan pass. They were smart enough to understand their orders, but not quite smart enough to be reasoned with.

An Onu-Matoran with lifeless looking eyes looked at Illusive, looked at his written message, then looked back at the Rahkshi. 

"Sure, we got Skakdi. We got Hortak in maintenance, Damann in janitorial, Veroq in sifting floor twelve..." The Matoran kept droning on, apparently with a perfect memory of every Skakdi at the facility.

The foreman at First Vein did not have such a flawless recall of his employees. "We got a few Skakdi with prosthetics here. They lose the originals in the wars, you know? Don't think we have any called Suvak though. Whats this for? Are you Guards, is he a criminal?" His eyes widened and his gaze kept darting between Revenge and Vaalku "Are we in danger?"

The House of Grossh was surrounded by a fence of wrought iron. Unlike the fence around Tridax's estate, which was solid and thick and screamed "stay out" with every fibre of its being, this one was more delicate and elaborate. It was more a suggestion to, hey, maybe just back up, you know? Give the guy some space. 

The villa inside was a single-storey square, with a wide open court in the middle. Rising smoke suggested that was where the actual smithing occurred, with the surrounding building places for living or relaxing. Grossh was a Vortixx, a male one who had broken the traditions and taboos of his species by leaving Xia and striking out on his own. He had settled on Nynrah, gained no little renown as a smith of meticulously crafted intricacies, and then starting taking apprentices at an astonishing rate. It was joked that he wasn't just expanding his business, he was founding a dynasty. A legion of jewellers and clockwork-smiths all owing their trade to Grossh, all his heirs as much as his students...

One of those apprentices, another Vortixx bearing Grossh's golden hand emblem as livery on her armour opened the door. She took one look at the eyeless face of Era and nearly slammed the door again in shock, but maanged to compose herself.

"Can I...help you?" she asked, gazing nervously at the group of Rahkshi that had gathered

The Dreadnought O'erturned was named quite literally. It was an old ship, built for war, that the buyer had been unable to actually pay for. So some enterprising Steltian had turned it into a tavern, twisting it upside down so the hull acted as a roof. It had become a favourite haunt of Malebranche's Skakdi population, as the durability of its walls and interior meant less property damage they'd have to pay someone for during the inevitable bar fights that broke out. Even as Still watched some luckless piraka was thrown through a gunport repurposed as a window, landing on the street with a thud. Well if he wanted Skakdi, this was clearly the place to go...

Word travelled quickly through Malebranche, as Rain was about to discover. Her antics were causing discomfort and annoyance amongst the locals, and they wouldn't be pushed around as easily as the Ghosts of Phantom-on-the-Water. Reports had already reached the Guards, and they added this second suspicious Rahkshi to their wanted list...

IC: "Yes, probably," Palma answered Sidonas, "Maybe that'll make you think next time you try something like that."

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Exxan - Second Tier (Tridax's Estate) 

Yeah... I wasn't going to be getting anything useful out of these two. Short of trying to fight my way past them, there was no way I was going to get inside to look around for myself, and as much fun as it would be trashing the place a little, it wasn't going to be worth whatever new punishment Tridax devised for me wrecking his property. 

It was time to get out of here. With that, I turned and started to walk away, unsure of where to go next. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

IC: The Twins (Silencer) - Sixth Tier (Malebranche Sewage Works)

Illusive tried again, turning over the piece of paper and writing the words "cyborg", "skakdi" and "Suvak" around a question mark, before moving on towards another of the workers, showing the new message to them. While this had seemed like a good idea at first, the smell was starting to get to me, and I had my doubts that Suvak was down here after all.

I turned around, looking back towards the entrance to see if any other students were nearby. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Era - Fifth Tier (The House of Grossh)

I analyse the voice addressing me. Shaky, hesitant... frightened? It sounded like a female voice, and from the direction the sounds were coming from, it was a taller being. Another Vortixx, possibly. My response to her question was simple. "Suvak?" 

IC - Vapour Gardens

It seemed that his lack of literary study was coming back to bite him. First, he pointed to the word "skakdi" on his first message, then to the door. It would be impossible to misinterpret that. He scanned his brain for the right spellings and words. Matoran was such a complicated language...

He had one idea, he knew what the words sounded like. His elastic body began to stretch and twist and scrunch, the contortions focused on his voice box. Might he replicate matoran language?

The first attempt came out as a hiss, the next was close to "vwhofe wyarsss gnhaht skagkakdi?!"

Gathering his concentration, (and breath) his next sentence was slightly more comprehensible; "hoofv warss sthaht skagdi?" He again pointed to the door and the word "skakdi."

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC: (Raith/Third Tier)

The lean grey-green vortixx had apparently understood her written question well enough, and had instructed her to head for the Third Tier, more specifically an inn known as the Dreadnought.

She had nodded her thanks and disappeared back into the market's crowd.

A little over twenty minutes later,  a grey figure dropped inaudibly from the skies, landing in front of what appeared to be the corpse of a long dead war machine of some kind. However, it did bear the name the Dreadnought, so the silent ghost-like rahk stepped inside.

Well, there were certainly skakdi.

As always with skakdi, and especially with skakdi + alcohol, they were brawling. Beams of light and energy arced across the space, slicing into the thick metal walls. Fireballs were flung by a duo of red warriors, smiles plastered across their faces, as sky-blue skakdi eye-blasted kinetic power into another of his kin.

This was a place to tread carefully.

Out of the corner of her eye, she thought she caught a glimpse of another rahkshi nearby, but the being was obscured once more by a multitude of roaring combatants. She scanned the crowd for Suvak. With writing being her only way of communicating with these people, she would be hard pushed to get anyone's attention. Anyway, it might be wiser to not get anyone's attention...

IC: (Snake/Third Tier)

Kat seemed deaf to him, but--

--at that moment, a skakdi who had been bathing in one of the steaming pools of liquid protodermis leaped to his feet at the sight of the rahks, barging past some others and speeding straight passed Kat and Snake.

WhatwhatwhatwhatshouldIdo?!?!?

Run after him, you idiot!

With that thought, Snake took chase, not really sure what this skakdi had done wrong or why it was any of Snake's business, but knowing that he had to...well, he had jumped up when he saw the rahkshi, hadn't he? I mean, it could have been because of something else, but--

--PPPZZZOOOWW

A blur in the air rocketed towards some of the other Rahkshi pursuers, smashing the spines clean off that antagonistic Chameleon rahk.

Aaarg!

Snake had ducked by reflex when the bolt of kinetic energy came, and now he was losing the skakdi! To save time, he jumped up into flight mode, skimming less than a metre from the ground, shortswords in hands. He couldn't lose him.

Kathok

OOC: How does Deadeye bleed out his chest? His Kraata would be in his back, and armor suits don't bleed.

IC: Jayar / Malebranche: Third Tier

Thankfully, the Skakdi's impact vision missed Jayar, but it made it clear that if he continued to follow like this he was likely to get blasted out of the sky. He readied himself for evasive manuevers, prepared to dodge if were Skakdi turned around to fire again. There was no way in Karzahni he was going to allow himself to be shaken from his pursuit.