Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Stronghold (=\ /1st Person/Gym

I recognized her to be Xara, and realized that I was screwed. But I can't turn back now. This was a perfect way to toughen me up to resist electric attacks.

Either way, I was too slow, and the blade, although it didn't pierce, it found a way between my armor plates and electrocuted me.

The pain was at first bearable, but I tried to push Xara and her staff away from me. Afterwards I would try to uppercut her.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Era - Gym.

"Okay... basics..." I thought this over. When I'd been teaching myself to fight, what had I focused on first? "Your opponent's going to make a lot of noise when they move, especially when they try striking out at you. You need to be able to recognise those sounds, and block or dodge accordingly." 

Without warning, I swung out my staff at her left side. Not hard enough to do any damage if she didn't block it, but enough to give her an idea of the speed a moving weapon had behind it. Reaction time was everything in a fight.

IC: Xara - Elsewhere in the Gym.

Too easy. He pushed me back, then swung a uppercut at my face. Having just been electrocuted, his blow was clumsy, uncontrolled. I let go of the staff with one hand and tried to catch his fist in it. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Hoto - Gym

Hoto yelped and stumbled backward, running purely on Dodge reflexes. "You... you..." she stammered before realizing it was just a test. She took a deep breath and tried again. "Dodging... isn't too hard for me."

IC: Vlad / Sidonas' Dorm-->Torch's Dorm

"Thank you," forced out Vlad. That ingratiating nincompoop. Why would he even think it was a good idea to rearrange peoples' things? Vlad had to smile a little as he slumped on the floor, drained. A simple, harmless, but effective punishment.

But at least he had finally said what he took, and one thing above all others stood out to Vlad: fire-starters. It had been, what, this morning? that he woke up to the sounds of a brawl in the room beside his, over its pyromaniac inhabitant. If there was anywhere fire-starters were likely to be, it was there.

"Follow me," he declared. "I think I know vhere he found zer fire-starers." He set off towards Torch's room.

IC: Jayar / Hallways-->Refectory

Jayar wandered over to Fang. "Hey, Fang, have you by chance seen a Rahkshi with a weapon similar to this one?" He doubted it, but he held out the schematic for Fang to inspect anyways.

OOC: Last post of night. I would appreciate it if it were left to Vlad to find Jayar's book in Torch's room, since both are my characters and I have something planned. Alright?

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Poly:

We'd arrived back. 

We were oddly refreshed, seeing the city had been quite the trip, and had been a nice change of pace.

We smiled a strange smile, and made to leave.

But there were people in the way. 

Again.

~annoying~

We sighed, And spoke loud enough to be heard through the whole of the craft, "Out of the way, fools!"

IC: Vlad / Sidonas' Dorm-->Torch's Dorm

"Thank you," forced out Vlad. That ingratiating nincompoop. Why would he even think it was a good idea to rearrange peoples' things? Vlad had to smile a little as he slumped on the floor, drained. A simple, harmless, but effective punishment.

But at least he had finally said what he took, and one thing above all others stood out to Vlad: fire-starters. It had been, what, this morning? that he woke up to the sounds of a brawl in the room beside his, over its pyromaniac inhabitant. If there was anywhere fire-starters were likely to be, it was there.

"Follow me," he declared. "I think I know vhere he found zer fire-starers." He set off towards Torch's room.

IC: The Brothers.

The Brothers followed Vlad. Famine was carrying Sido's unconscious body still tied up in the lasso. He wasn't escaping anytime soon.

Death: "Wait you know where he found them. Not put them."

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

"You can't dodge everything." I told her, "You need to be able to block, defend, fight back." I twirled the staff in my hand, letting her hear the sounds it made. "I'm going to swing at you again, this time try to block it." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Punch/Counterpunch O-(o_o)-O /1st Person, Punch's POV/Causeway

"Well guess what," I began to say as Counterpunch took control. My kind blue eyes were replaced with his menacing green ones.

"Bad boys don't get sweets!" he shouted as he sent a jab towards Booger's face.

IC: Fang - Refectory

Fang looked up from his food and squinted at the plan, trying to imagine how it would look in three dimensions. The tool was... odd. It seemed like it would be recognizable if he had seen it, but it did not seem familiar. He shook his head at Jayar. "Why are you searching for him?" Fang asked.

Hoto tried to focus in on the whistling of the staff, tracing its path through the air with her mind. She put up her own to block, but Era's staff slipped through just below hers and whacked her on the side. She took a few steps over and grasped at the sudden pain. "No! I can't do it!" she shouted. It was just like every other time. It was too fast to track, and she couldn't do it accurately.

OOC: @Arctic: Here's my last Xara post, in case you missed it: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15652-corpus-rahkshi/page-197?do=findComment&comment=843150

"Don't give up so quickly," I told Hoto, "it takes time and practice to become good at something. We'll get back to blocking..." I stopped for a moment, thinking about what other strategies I could try. "Maybe defence isn't your thing. If that's the case, then you need to learn how to hit your opponent before they can hit you." 

I started circling around her. "Listen to where my feet are... track the weapon in my hand... focus in on my voice and my breathing." this was what I had done; figured out where to hit an opponent in order to finish them quickly. "Take out your opponent's legs and they can't stand... disarm them and they can't attack you... hit their throat or face and they're in for a world of hurt." 

I stopped, then started circling back the other way. "Now... show me what you can do." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Cuutuk - causway

Cuutuk wipes the sludge from his hand, and watches the Rahkshi duke it out.

"W-wait! There's no need for violence... Er... Uh..."

Cuutuk takes out his staff and powers the ends, disorienting the both of you, to slow the battle slightly.

"I know you're defending me, but fighting amongst students is not the answer! And Booger, stop being so mean!"

I deactivate the staff, and you both regain full mental functions.

OOC: That's not going to work, is it?

Edited by Loganto the Le-Matoran

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Hoto took a deep breath and tried to focus again. She shifted her balance back and forth, trying to feel the unfamiliar weight, the clicks from her leg joints echoing around the room. It was much easier to track a whole being than a narrow staff.

Her arms stiffened, readying themselves for a strike. The legs... the weapon... the face... She took another deep breath. The sharp blades on her staff flashed through her mind, and she couldn't help but imagine them tearing into Era, making her unable to stand, or causing her pain. The staff fell back to the ground with an echoing note. "I... I can't," she whispered.

• Upvote 1

I sighed, hearing her weapon drop to the floor, hearing the pain in her words. "Why not?" I asked softly. 

IC: Punch/Counterpunch O-(o_o)-O /1st Person, Punch's POV/Causeway

I took control again. My blue eyes returned.

"Don't worry, that's just Counterpunch's thing. I on the other hand will just beat you up till your joints are shattered. But for the sake of..." I looked at Cuutuk and nodded. "him and a bunch of others who don't think that's the answer to everything. I'll let you go. But I won't be merciful when any of them aren't around."

IC: Stronghold (=\ /1st Person/Gym

She caught my fist as I tried to punch her. I decided to use the gym to my advantage, turning the whole area around us into an electric insulating arena made of rubber. I knew she was strong physically, but I now I wanted to know how strong her mind is.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Hoto was silent for a moment, trying to sort through all of the emotions running through her mind. At last, she came to a conclusion. "I... I can't hurt you. I can't hurt anyone." She laughed a little, but there was more sadness than humor in it. "I bet no one would have expected a Rahkshi to say that."

IC: Punch/Counterpunch O-(o_o)-O /1st Person, Punch's POV/Causeway

I smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm Punch."

IC: Bullseye >-}>/1st Person/Forest ---> Causeway

I had returned decided not to hunt and saw Punch shaking hands with someone. I decided to greet them.

"Hello."

OOC: Cya tmrw.

IC: Xara - Gym.

"Cute trick," I snorted, letting go of his hand and kicking up off the floor, taking to the air, "but this is my gym!" Towering pillars of stone sprang up all around us, rising up out the insulated floor. I landed on top of one of them, leering down at my foe. The pillars still retained their insulating properties, but I didn't need my powers to finish this. 

There was more than one way to draw blood from a stone.

____________________________________________________________________________________

"I can't help you if you can't help yourself," I said apologetically, "if someone attacks you, tries to kill you, then they deserve to be hurt. You need to understand that. In a school like this one, you need to be able to defend yourself if you want to survive." 

I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "When I first came here, the Rahkshi despised me, pitied me, mocked me... none of them respected me. I strive every day to prove them wrong." I let go of her shoulder and stepped away from her, twirling my staff once more. "So tell me this, Hoto. Do you want to be pitied for the rest of your life, treated like less than what you are? Or do you want to stand up for yourself, prove how strong you are?!" 

IC: Xara - Gym.

As he ran up at me, I pointed the staff like a spear at his oncoming chest, and pushed forwards, aiming to use his own strength agaisnt him.

Hoto tried to look determined as she put her staff up once more, but she didn't feel like she could swing it yet. Though she tracked Era through the room, already trying to find where to swing, she knew she couldn't bring herself to move her arms any further. The staff dropped to the floor again.

"Why does everything have to be so violent?" Hoto complained. "When I was out there, I could get by just by showing them I wasn't going to hurt anyone! It didn't work all the time, but that wasn't their fault! It's my fault for daring to look like a Rahkshi when I'm not one! I don't want to hurt or destroy!

"So who needs their respect? If all Rahkshi do is pick on the 'weaker ones' who can't fight back, who cares about them?"

She paused to catch her breath, searching around the Gym to find anyone who may have overheard her outburst. She didn't even know where it all came from. It all seemed to just rush out all at once. She did know one thing though, and it seemed to slip out at the end before she could catch herself, though it came much softer.

"Besides, I've got something better than their respect. I've got friends."

In the end, she was glad it came out.

"I can respect that," I said calmly, "I have friends too, but..." my voice cracked a little, "...I don't want to lose the only friend I have who really understands me, just because she wasn't able or willing to defend herself when she needed to." 

There, it was out, my selfishness laid bare.

I was sick of being alone, and I didn't want to lose the one being in the entire universe who shared my plight. 

Hoto couldn't say anything. She had never thought about what would happen after if, Makuta forbid, she was ever attacked. Appearing peaceful didn't work on everyone; she knew that for a fact. But if someone ever did...

Her retreating footsteps echoed through the Gym, growing softer and softer to Era. Then, suddenly, they grew louder and louder as she returned. She had left her new staff with the beautiful, musical blades near the rest of the weapons, substituting it for a softer wooden staff.

"I'll... I'll give it a t-try," Hoto choked out, trying as hard as she could to not imagine hurting Era. "...if... if you're willing." She held the staff at the ready, gripping it hard to stop it from quivering in her hands.

"Thank you..." I wheezed. She didn't realise how close she'd been to some serious tough love treatment. I'd been considering throwing everything I had at her to force her to defend herself. I was glad it hadn't come to that.

"Now... let's try this again..." I started circling her, listening intently for her to make her move, "...your move."