Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Sidonas - Visorak

Sidonas started feeling weaker, the burns were getting to him, and it seemed Fang was suffering from his own wounds as well. "You alright? I'm not feeling so well either. How much farther do you think we need to go?"

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC Visorak Wilds

With a dull thud, Caoutchouc dropped to the floor of the jungle basin. Thick vegetation and his own elastic constitution absorbing the impact. His now neutralized opponent was hanging from his weapon in the tree, unlikely to be an immediate threat.

Well now. He turned to observe the scene that had unfolded below in greater detail. A swathe of destruction from Fang's skirmish and a pair of rahkshi with the ruddy smudges that denoted membership of Doublecross. The pair had the maladroit rahkshi Shadow captive, thoroughly bound in vines and other organic matters.

He did not recognize the pair of rahkshi, though their distinctive appearances would ensure that didn't happen again. One was female and quite elaborately decorated, the other had several fins on his person. Caoutchouc did not speak, content to observe the obviously tense situation until someone else deigned to do so.

...but close to it

IC: Fang - Visorak Jungle (Team Backstab)

"I'm fine," Fang snarled as he fell against another tree. "It shouldn't be far now, assuming you led us in the right direction."

Though Fang sounded so certain, it was just another hope. The problem with the maps they had seen was they lacked a sense of scale. The route they had taken was circuitous compared to the near-direct way he had taken to base. Surely it couldn't be far now.

IC: Rain - Visorak Jungle (Team Doublecross)

Oh look, Stretchy was done playing. As Rain noticed his attentions, she tightened her grip on the staff and slid it back against Scribbler's neck with a warning of "Don't try anything."

Still, she couldn't resist swaying a little to show off her freshly redone paint. Curse Suvak and his indelible red, ruining her perfectly balanced color scheme!

Sidonas placed his Codex back in his bag, and grabbed and unrolled the map he had drawn. "We should be close, according to the map. We better be, I will not have long until unconsiousness claims me, let's go." Sidonas rolled up the map and placed it back in his bag.

IC: Shark / Team Doublecross / Visorak Wilds

Shark, in his constant vigilance, did notice Rain's motion, and took note of her vanity for use in the future. For now, though, he smoothly addressed Caoutchouc, "No need to be angry. Your Surahk comrade has come to an agreement with us: in exchange for our hostage's life and safety, the flag of team Backstab."

Of course, the rubberrahk's solution to most problems was to beat them senseless, so Shark paused a moment and continued: "There was a condition to his safekeeping, though: that Doublecross is not to be attacked. After all, we would hardly be able to guarantee his safety during the heat of battle." That should provide ample clarification, but nevertheless Shark added: "I wouldn't think that your greatest concern right now, though. Fang, despite his injuries, is nobly carrying an unconscious Rahk off to the Crawler. I'm sure he could use some help."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Visorak Wilds

Being made of rubber, the dropping of your jaw was particularly exaggerated. Had Fang actually agreed to such a farce? "So you beguiled Fang into a twist, with promises of acts of moral righteousness?" He clapped a few times. "Good job, no one's ever managed that one before!" He brandished Faithful. Surely, the enemy duo was bluffing. Caoutchouc doubted they would go to such lengths to win a silly game.

"The problem with that proposal is that I'm not in the mind to lose," perhaps, a bluff or two of his own? "And I neither care about this rahk, nor do I think you have the guts to kill him."

...but close to it

Sidonas' burns would knock him out any minute now, he needed to tell Fang.

"Hey, look..I..can't stay conscious for too long now. Take Recoil to the Crawler, and go deal with your hostage. I'll be.." Then Sidonas collapsed, hit the ground, and fell unconscious.

IC: "Nor would I," Grossh answered, snacking on the pastries himself, only ever lightly grazing. With the Rau's aid his speech sounded exactly like the student's language, a simple but pleasant courtesy. "I have never attempted to modify Rahkshi armour in such a way, which is why I suspect my attempt to study and replicate what has been done would get a little...intrusive."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Rain grinned madly at the proposition. "With pleasure," she cooed, and with a quick swipe of her staff, as effortless and dismissive as a stroke of her brush, the severed foot fell to the ground.

Still not enough, but satisfying. He's not getting away now. I just can't wait to hear him scream...

She daintily leaned down and picked it up in two fingers. "Catch," she called to Stretchy as she tossed it over. "You convinced yet? Because I'm itching to finish this Scribbler off."

IC: Fang - Visorak Jungle (Team Backstab)

Fang turned back as he heard the thump of the thief hitting the ground. He sighed and adjusted his load before continuing on. He was almost there, no time to stop.

Finally, the thicket of trees came to an end, and Fang was met by an unmarred view of the ocean's broad expanse. It would have been breathtaking had he not been seeking medical attention.

Fortunately, as he looked up and down the beach, he caught a gleam of dark metal. Still a ways to go, but the thief wasn't a terrible navigator at least.

Shark watched as Rain complied, smiling. She was one of the few he had encountered who seemed to have as little compassion as he, the other being Zex... The difference was that cooperating with Rain was turning out extremely profitable. It had nothing to do with the fact that Rain was female, of course. Shark would never allow himself to fall prey to such romantic notions as fools like Fang or Jayar had.

Now it was Caoutchouc's move. Shark readied himself to hold off the rubberrahk, should he attack, buying Rain time to complete the deed. Theoretically, it was a win-win; whether Caoutchouc conceded or attacked, the captive would die eventually. Shark was leaning slightly towards preferring an attack which would give them an excuse to kill Shadow now, however. Every moment he stayed alive was a moment in which he could escape, or be rescued, or even just die of a heart attack, robbing Shark of the fun of arranging his murder.

IC: Jayar / House of Grossh

Certainly it seemed a generous offer Grossh made.

But upon a moment of reflection Jayar wondered what ulterior motives lay behind it. A chance to study Rahkshi armor? He said he'd never had the chance. Perhaps he hoped to attain knowledge which could give him yet another edge against his competitors? Or - knowledge which could be sold to enemies of the Brotherhood, giving them an edge?

Either way, was it so bad? They did owe Grossh for all this, perhaps even more than they had ever owed the Brotherhood anything, and it would be an easy way to repay him... Lost in thought, Jayar almost neglected to grab yet another variety of delicacy that lay before him to replace the finished fudge.

IC Visorak Wilds

Shadow was dead. Was it his fault?

No.

The rubberrahk ran through several scenarios in his head, the severed foot impacting his chest did little to jar him from his thought. Leaving naught but a gory streak down his desert colored armor. Bright fluids ran from Shadow's talocrural joint, well. From what was left of it.

1. Run away to help Fang, acquiescing to their demands. He had the grim feeling that these two would kill him regardless of his or Fang's compliance. It was unfortunate that the Surahk had either deluded himself into believing otherwise [Denied]
  2. Retreat to the base, warning the others of the impending threats. That left Fang alone in the jungle, at risk from Doublecross's numerical advantage. They would be down Shadow and Fang, leaving the defenders greatly outmatched [Denied]
  3. Attempt to defeat Defeat the villainous duo. This would seal Shadow's fate in the most direct way. But really, wasn't it already sealed? [The only realistic choice]

While the situation and his choice were terribly iniquitous, he had to punt such doubts from his mind. Introspective trance over, he shifted to motion instantaneously and without telegraphy. Sending Faithful flashing over to the left of the duo in a deadly circuit and taking up a thick fallen branch as a temporary melee weapon. He needed to close the distance between him and the finned rahk. Get close up to neutralize his opponent's mid ranged sword.

...but close to it

Shark's smile dissipated, but he was enjoying (aargh no, emotion rejected!) it as much as ever. Now Shadow would die!

"His sword's a boomerang, watch it!" he called out to Rain, recalling the fight in the Gym he had observed. He would have added 'kill him,' but Rain was going to do that now already anyways.

As Caoutchouc approached he quickly leapt forward, quickly closing the distance between himself and the rubberrahk. His right hand brought one of his own fearsome sword's blunt sides (no good getting it stuck) into a powerful collision with the branch from Shark's left, and his bladed left elbow followed up with a viciously quick swing at the rubberrahk's face.

Edited by Johnrahk

She nodded to Fins' warning and kept a wary eye on the blade as he jumped into battle. Just a few more seconds... her staff flew up and batted the boomerang out of the air. She couldn't just leave it flying around where it might scratch her paint... or hit Fins... maybe.

Seemed like the boys would be busy for a while, so Rain turned her attention back to Scribbler. She couldn't just slit his throat and finish him. That would be no fun. She'd had hours to consider what to do to him, and she couldn't let that time go to waste.

She took a quick look back to the battle before carefully plunging her staff into Scribbler's back. It wasn't deep enough to be lethal, but a small bit of Kraata blood oozed around the blades of her staff. Perfect. The contrast was beautiful, but it wasn't quite enough. Her staff slowly cut across the carapace, its razor-sharp blade painting a macabre design across his carapace. Every stroke she had made in reparation of his crime would be repaid... in blood. She just needed time, and if he woke up halfway through... all the better.

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

"Oh..." Hoto gasped, dropping her food. She had an idea of what he could mean, and it didn't exactly sound pleasant. "That... That's okay, I... I'm fine."

IC: Fang - Crawler (Team Backstab)

Fang burst into the Crawler and all but collapsed in the nearest seat, allowing Recoil to slide off his shoulder into the one adjacent. "Suvak!" he called. "We have wounded! There's... another in the forest..., not far from here!"

IC: Sliver - Team Doublecross (Starnhorn Ranges).

Making sure the flag was still beside me, I continued waiting. I'd forgotten exactly how boring setting up an ambush could be. But when the time came to finally spring our trap, I was confident it would be worth the wait. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Visorak Wilds

Though his eyes had not traced it's path, the wanton painted rahkshi would find that despite her deflection, Faithful still made it's way toward's Caoutchouc's hands. The blade was both shaped as a boomerang and enchanted to act as one.

Locked into melee combat with the elasmobranchal rahkshi, Cao turned his enemy's sword away with a counter clockwise (from his perspective) turn. The log had been held at 11'o'clock when the sword was swung, and as he had two hands on his weapon, he had decidedly more leverage. This rotation also served to put the branch between his opponent's elbow and his face.

The defensive action was not unaccompanied, during this maneuver he was stepping forward, putting his and the log's weight towards the finned rahk.

...but close to it

IC: Exxan - Team Backstab (Farsholt Village Lighthouse).

I was on top of the world right now. The flag was practically impossible for the enemy to retrieve, we'd successfully captured two of their scouts, and now they were our prisoners. Everything was playing out according to my plan.  

Perhaps things were finally going my way once more...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

I smiled in the darkness.

"You'd do great, kid." I encouraged the Fire resistance Rahk.

IC Poly:

"Our wound requires medical attention...." We spoke, shortly before our servos locked up, and we teetered over onto the floor.

"We may require assistance. Also, our netted catch appears to have escaped. We should find and dispose of him as soon as possible."

IC: Illusive - Empty Dorm Wing.

I gathered up my dropped weapons, then held out a hand to help Poly up. 

I sure as karz wouldn't be carrying him. 

IC: Venom - Empty Dorm Wing

Venom shrugged.

"He's already missing an eye, and all of our signing took place with a few walls in between us," she said. "It's unlikely that he knows anything of our plans."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Silver - Visorak wilds

I'd had plenty of time to get my bearings. Now, I dropped down to the floor, about to engage the stretchy one again, but instead my other teammate caught me eye. Vorjak could hold his own for now. I ran over to her.

"Hey, are you torturing him?!"

Edited by Aerixx: Gukko Lord

The moment she heard footsteps behind her, Rain whirled around with bloodied staff ready to strike. Her eyes blazed with an almost feral fury. But it was her grin that was the most sickening. She was enjoying this. And she was not going to let anyone get in her way this time. Not Palma, nor Suvak, nor Stretchy...

But as she recognized her ally, her rage cooled slightly, and she turned back to her work with a shrug. "His friend couldn't just run along," she bubbled wickedly. "So now, he's mine. Isn't it beautiful?"

Scribbler's armor was beginning to crumble under her slicing, revealing the intricately cut Kraata inside. It perfectly mirrored her careful design on his shell, complete with its razor-thin outline of blood.

IC Kat:

There was a long moment of silence between us.

"You want me to patch that wound up?"

IC Poly:

"Perhaps you are correct," we said, Taking Illusive's proffered hand, hoisting our selves up right.

"Our legs are non functional. Too much fluid loss. We would ask your assistance in getting into flight position."

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Root - Backstab Base (Team Doublecross)

Root bowed his head humbly. "Y-you h-have p-p-proven y-yourself of n-noble intentions. If y-you require the w-water b-b-bulbs, their v-vine rests at m-m-my w-waist, the right side. B-but they require m-my p-p-power t-t-to activate, and I c-c-cannot reach them with y-your b-b-blade around my wrists."

IC: Nightmare-Library

Whilst wandering, he found something glorious! The central hub of knowledge

He opened a book, "Karz! I can't Read! oh look, a book on how to read, Karz! I can't read it Either!"

Frustrated, he walked out of the useless library, and Began to wander once more through the Halls to discover more about the School.

• Upvote 1

IC Kat:

"No need." I said, taking the canteen and cleaning it once more, taking a drink soon after.

"'Fraid I can't untie you til the assignment is over" I gave a small grimace, pulling the leafy bandage from my satchel, pressing it against the wound once more.

"No hard feelings, I hope."

IC: Root - Backstab Base (Team Doublecross)

'Twas unfortunate, really. He knew his attempts to at least loosen his bonds would appear far too suspicious. But that was why he had not counted on it. His hands had already pressed against the very extremity of his reach, earning him brutal scars along his wrists. But he had found what he was looking for.

Poison. 'Twas not sufficient time to incapacitate her all at once, but over the short time of tending to his wounds, it might begin to make Catatonic feel rather unwell. The poison was slow; by the time she would notice, 'twould be far too late.

Root subtly shook his head at Shield. Though the lad's attempts were noble, 'twas not time yet.

Edited by Click

The Rahkshi would suddenly find Rain's staff at her neck. "If you're so friendly with the other team," she hissed, "Why don't you convince your buddy over there to stand down. He knows the risks, and he decided to ignore them."

Just stopping Stretchy wasn't going to get her away from Scribbler, but it would be nice.

Caoutchouc might be the single best fighter as Corpus, but against the three Doublecross he would surely fall.

...Except that out of the corner of his eye Shark could see that, rather than joining the fight, Rain went to torturing Shadow (kill him already!), and Silver went to confront her. What good was that? If they didn't join the fight it was Shark who would surely fall. Unless they took Cao together, he would dispense of them one by one.

Shark stepped to his left and back somewhat, spinning clockwise, and shoved hard against Caoutchouc's branch in the direction he was already advancing. The combination of his own forward stride and Shark's push would theoretically send the rubberrahk towards Silver and Rain, forcing them to involve themselves in the fight.

Edited by Johnrahk

IC Visorak Wilds

Shark's maneuver assumed an attachment to or propensity to using the branch, this was not so and Caoutchouc merely let go of the branch, redirecting it's kinetic energies elsewhere. What he did do was take two quick steps towards Shark.

• Right hand stretched out to grab the handle of the elasmabranchal rahk's blade, it was a two handed weapon and he was wielding it one handed, meaning there was room for the rubberrahk to take hold and manipulate it.
  • Left arm raised to guard potential offensives.
  • Left leg poised behind him, providing stability.
  • Right leg performing a brutal shin stomp on his opponent.

...but close to it

IC: Illusive - Empty Dorm Wing.

I nodded, helping him get into flight mode before doing the same myself.