Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Visorak Airspace

Sounds from the gargantuan silver rahkshi, the flier and it's prey all faded with distance. The village was in sight. Caoutchouc angled down, allowing his pace to decrease as he made for the village. His landing was not particularly graceful, a roughshod tumble was more the term. So it was with a great noisy crash that he ended up splayed against a building.

Urgh.

It took him a full minute to gather himself and stand up. "Era!, Exxan! Anyone!"

...but close to it

IC Kat:

"Figured that'd be the case," I said, standing up.

My head snapped around as Shield strained and snapped the makeshift ropes. Kid had more potential than he knew.

His fist came rocketing out of the darkness, and I stepped inside his strike, the air whistling past my faceplates, as I sent a fist of my own in an uppercut motion towards his stomach.

He had good instincts, but I had experience.

IC Kat:

Close in like this, there wasn't room or time to dodge. His hook landed solidly on my jaw, and I turned my head, spun away, reducing the damage slightly.

I rubbed my jaw, "Not bad, kid. Solid hook you got there."

I took the defensive position is used in my fight with Caotchoac, flashing a smile. I had to admit, I felt the most alive in a fist fight. Win or lose, it was the truest test if physical fortitude and aptitude.

"Let's see what else ya got."

IC: Punch+Counterpunch/Punch's POV/Starnhorn Range >>> Forest

Grumbling at Ultron not acknowledging what Counter had done the sounds of retreat, I immediately took control and made my way out, being close to the entrance. I retracted the blades while I was at it.

IC: Alpha/Starnhorn Range >>> Forest

I flew after Sliver, ignoring the fate of Fog, who had just realized his folly perhaps. I had to swerve to avoid their Rhotuka. However, I felt sorry for the others...

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Lucid / Roof

Lucid shook her head. "Ah, but are you their worst fear? No! They fear things like fire and plasma, and even Tridax, more than you. And not only that, I said great-aunt, not just aunt. So even if you were their worst fear, it would be your Makuta's aunt that a Worflange took the form of." This one had much to learn.

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Root - Backstab Base (Team Doublecross)

'Twould be far more noble to allow Shield to confront his foe alone, but they did not have the luxury of a fair duel. 'Twas time to escape from these villains, not prove oneself worthy. Still, Root hesitated until Shield appeared to be on the verge of defeat before swinging into battle.

Though his hands were still bound, his vines would be more than sufficient to incapacitate an opponent. As he twirled, bringing them whipping around to slash and tangle Catatonic, he found his phosphorescent bulbs, filling the cavern with a dull greenish glow. 'Twould be difficult to intercept the strike with the sudden light and its unsuspected angle.

IC: Fang - Visorak Jungle (Team Backstab)

With all the noise of his progress, he didn't hear the soft whoosh of the blade, but he sure felt it. The pain was far worse than the dull throb of his half-healed injuries. It was another attack. The moment the thought registered, Fang whirled around, sending a stream of plasma slashing across the foliage behind him. Whoever had attacked him would regret it. He didn't...

Fang fell to the ground as the full effect of the strike crashed through his mind. Whatever it was, it was deep in his Kraata. And it burned. Poison.

"You think they just sit around looking scary?" Lucid said. "They're primeval forces of evil and death, capable of transforming even the most stalwart of adventurers into a jelly donut before you have time to say 'Oh look, Mutran's great-aunt!' Unless you have the blessing of the stars," she gestured grandly to the celestial dome above, "you haven't a chance against one."

IC: Shark / Team Doublecross / Visorak Wilds

What would Caoutchouc think of the fact that it was his sword which struck down Fang, his actions which provided Shark the poison? Hah!

Shark was prepared for the plasma burst, but even so it managed to land a glancing blow to his shoulder as he leapt out of the way. The metal plate sagged sadly, and Shark resisted the instinctive urge to grimace in pain.

But it wouldn't be enough to stop the huge Silence Rahk from bearing down soundlessly upon the fallen Fang, massive sword clasped in both hands as he brought it over his head and slammed it down towards Fang's. Thankfully (for now) it wasn't a bladed edge he intended to strike Fang with, but a blunt side, hoping to knock his prey unconscious if the poison on Faithful hadn't done so already.

Edited by Johnrahk

IC Kat:

A sudden light came out of nowhere, my eyes struggling to adjust.

Then came the vines, wrapping around me from behind.

"Here I thought you guys were all about playing fa-Oofgh!"

Shields jab landed true, not only knocking the wind out of me, but sending me reeling back, doubled over in pain.

"Alrighty then," I wheezed, tearing an arm free from the vines, piling hard on a bundle. With a little luck, Root would be pulled right toward her, off balance from his twirl.

IC: Nightmare

"Ok. let me just tell you flat out, I don't Believe in these Worflanges, I don't believe that the Sky can protect people. we're going to find a Cave, and if you try and warn us about these Worflanges, the two of us will have to use Force." He said, Activating his Fear Powers hoping this would keep that Insane Person away. He likes insane, but Evil Insane, not Insane people that Believe that the stars can protect them and that Worflanges are Real.

IC: Sanurahk

Sanurahk Arrived in the forest and Jumped Forward, used his Staff as A pole vault, and Flew right into a Tree

"ouch" he complained, Then he fell from there into a bush below "Double ouch."

Edited by Dragon11603

Fang rolled over onto his back, wincing against the blazing pain. "You," he groaned as he caught sight of his opponent. He immediately recognized the Rahkshi. It was the large one who knew too much, the one who had taken his teammate captive. And now he was here to silence Fang. But he would not allow that to happen.

As the blade bore down on him, Fang raised his good hand to catch it. Plasma dripped from his palm, ready to destroy the blade before it could do any great damage. His other hand came up to blast a close-range stream of plasma directly at the Rahkshi's chest.

There was no time for consideration or strategy. Either he incapacitated his opponent now, or he was dead. And if he was dead, so was his teammate. Loss would not be acceptable. But it was only a matter of time before the poison overcame him.

'Twas true that his vines would give him no opportunity for a stable footing. Root staggered forward as his foe gave a hearty pull on her confines. But he turned the fall into a half-roll, bringing his shoulder to bear. Her attack may have a few more unpleasant consequences she had not foreseen.

IC: Era - Team Backstab (Farsholt Village).

I heard the crash and started slowly shifting out of my hiding place, only to start running when I heard Caotchouc's shout. "What's going on?" I called out to him. "Why did you come back here?"

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Shark let his left hand off his sword and threw his arm up to block the plasma stream, grimmacing and allowing himself a silenced "AARGH!" His arm was scalded too horribly to resist expressing his pain, and the bladed fin which had served him well in many a battle was warped and blackened, useless as a weapon.

He brought a strong, quick kick at Fang's head, while simultaneously he wrenched his blade up with his good hand, hoping to free it from Fang's grasp. There seemed a good chance that, lubricated by plasma, it would simply slip through his fingers, horribly blunted. But a club of its weight would be an effective weapon, and if he needed anything sharp, he'd have Faithful... Speaking of which, it seemed the boomerang sword was trying to wrench itself free from the Surahk and return to Shark, probably making the existent wound worse and spreading yet more poison into his system.

...or perhaps the unpleasant consequences would be his own. Root winced as his shoulder met her foot with a sickening crunch, and the joint popped out of its socket. He staggered back, head still ringing with the blow.

I must fight... I... must... succeed!

His back crashed against the opposing wall, sending new daggers of pain through his old wound. He shook his head, trying in vain to clear it.

Vines... Tangleweed... Avohka Frond... Windflower... Madu... 

He slumped back down to the ground, only wounding his shoulder further in his attempts to grasp it in his bonds.

...and so 'twas that the noble hero succumbed to his captors, a victim of his own folly and arrogance...

No, not he! His foe was still bound and poisoned for Lhikan's sake! He could fight... through the pain... as a hero must. His life and the life of his companion depended on it! He pushed against the wall, staggering to his feet, hissing as his injured arm scraped the rough stone. He would not be defeated so easily...

He hung back, allowing his companion to make the next move while he recovered his wits.

His vision swirled and blurred with the pain. He didn't know how effective his attack had been, but the quick wrench on the blade in his hand showed his opponent still had plenty of fight in him. His hand slipped from the sword, and he braced himself for the end.

He had time for perhaps one more trick. A devastating, blindingly bright shot of plasma. Even his armor felt uncomfortably warm being so near. But the blast was not directed at his opponent. Instead, it streaked upward, slicing through foliage and into clear air. A last cry for help the silence field could not dampen and his allies would be sure to notice.

...was this what it felt like to be burned? That searing pain, wracking every cell of his Kraata? The blade in his back wriggled disturbingly, releasing more of the venom into an ever-widening scar. He could endure much, but this was clawing at his threshold. With his energies expended, Fang slipped into unconsciousness.

I have failed for the last time...

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

As they reached the open, if stifling, air of Malebranche, Hoto let out the breath she didn't realize she had been holding. Still not a word from Grossh. No need to relive that pain anymore. Now, it was time to relax.

She gave Jayar a grin as she walked back out onto the street. "So, where to first?"

IC Backstab Base

Before he could respond, a great flare of plasma streaked into the sky over the jungles, exploding with a brightness visible even during the bright daylight.

"That must be Fang," Caoutchouc held up his arm, still bleeding. "We were attacked. Shadow is dead, I'm wounded. We need to help Fang before he's killed."

...but close to it

IC Kat:

I used the time to tear the rest of the vines off of me.

On the plus side, more light meant I could see more easily. On the minus side, I was feeling far more worn than I should for the fight only being this long.... I had to finish things up.

I sent a snap kick back at Shield, hoping to catch him off guard.

IC: Era - Team Backstab (Farsholt Village).

"Let's get moving, then," I had no idea what the noise I'd heard was, presumably some kind of signal from Fang. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Visorak Wilds

"Alright, I'll lead the way for a short while. Our enemy was a silence rahkshi, but his field does not extend very far. You ought to be able to pick up nearby sounds of battle, broken branches or Fang's movement."

Swallowing his fear, he set off towards the jungle. Out of combat he was able to concentrate on keeping his forearm wound tightly sealed, but if he had to fight...

...but close to it

What countertopheads, thought Lucid as the two flew off. Whatever; if they were turned into jelly donuts, so be it. She lay back down, trying to read their destinies in the stars.

Shark staggered back, blinded and burnt by the flare. He leaned on his sword for a moment and tried to blink the spots from his vision. At last he could see, though not as clearly as he would have like, Fang, battered and unconscious. A hostage... or a kill?

He held out his hand as Faithful finally wriggled free from the horrific gap in Fang's back, and it flew into his fingers. He wanted to kill Fang, end the Surahk's life, eliminate a Backstab... But if his comrades caught Shark, he wouldn't have the faintest chance. His sword, to which he was accustomed, blunt... His left side scalded, faceplate burnt, vision only halfway back... They would easily defeat him.

But even if he had a hostage, was that any guarantee for anything? It hadn't stopped Cao before. If he arrived, he'd come at Shark anyway, and the Silence Rahk may or may not manage to kill Fang. Either way, he'd be captured, maybe killed.

Looking at it like that, it made more sense to kill the Surahk. Then he'd have at least a chance of escape to the Crawler, and Fang would certainly be dead.

Yes, that was the way to go. No time to waste. Shark limped over to Fang, Faithful in his right hand, pointing down. He held it aloft for a dramatic moment, then brought it down, the point of Caouthouc's blade aimed to pierce through Fang's Kraata, a lethal blow.

No regrets...

OOC: As if! Much regret... Someone stop him, guys... I don't want to kill Fang... :cry:

Also, I'll edit Jayar in or post separately, whatever works out. Okay then, separately.

Edited by Johnrahk

IC: Era - Team Backstab - Jungle. 

I hurried after Cao, already worrying about what it would be like to fight a silence Rahkshi. 

IC: Jayar / Fifth Tier

Jayar thought back to the pamplets on Malebranche the students had been given, so long ago. Probably they didn't want to go down any more, the heat was already a bit uncomfortable, and if he recalled correctly there was nothing much good down there anyways. The upper levels had things like... hmm... a bathhouse? probably not... wasn't there an amphitheatre on the next tier up? He wondered if Hoto would like music. Or if he would like it. Probably... there was so much they had missed out at Corpus Rahkshi. It would be worth a try.

"Well, there's an amphitheatre on Tier Four called the Actor's Nest or something like that. We could give that a try... if you want."

Apparently Zelnos had vanished from existence... Or maybe he just wanted to stay and chat with Grossh. Either way, Jayar didn't mind too much.

Edited by Johnrahk

IC Visorak Wilds

He charged through the jungle with an increasing, fevered pace. This was taking too long, their former battleground seemed desolate, where was Fang?! Tracking the flare from the ground was close to impossible. The rubberrahk glanced behind him to make sure Era was keeping up, not that he doubted her.

"I've lost the trail, do you hear anything that sounds like battle?" If she wasn't able to here things, he would take to the skies once more and search out the smokey remnants of the plasma flare, or any other sign of battle.

...but close to it

IC: Era - Team Backstab (Jungle).

"No, but I can smell something burning," the wind seemed to be on our side, blowing the scent of recently-charred something right towards me. I started running in that direction, "Can you see anything?"  

IC Visorak Wilds

Ah, he did smell it! His gadarene charge had dulled his senses.

"Smell yes, see, no." Regardless of that, he fell into step behind Era. It was likely that her olfactory senses were superior to his, by sole virtue of her blindness. People like him let sight dominate them, ignoring the stimuli of ears, nose and feel in favor of vision.

A mistake he would have to work on correcting.

...but close to it

IC: Era - Team Backstab (Jungle).

I broke through into a clearing and paused, taken by surprise. It was like hitting a solid wall of silence. Background noise faded into nonexistence, and my own echolocation pulses were weakened, somehow. 

Even so, I was able to sense a pair of Rahkshi standing nearby, one stabbing down at the other. I sent a focused blast of sonics flashing between the pair, hopefully knocking the sword off course. 

I would've aimed for the hand holding the sword, but from this distance, I couldn't be sure which of the duo was Fang, and I didn't want to hit him by mistake. One of our people was already dead, and Cao was wounded.

We couldn't afford any more casualties. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick