Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Sidonas - Trees Near Viewpoint

As Shark came at Sidonas, Sidonas dropped down to a branch not far below. When he landed he balanced himself and loaded a bolt into the crossbow gauntlet incase he needed to fire. He pulled the sword out of his arm. He let out a small yell of pain as he pulled the blade out. He called out to his attacker. "You wish to fight?! Then come! Fight me like a man you coward! You attacked me when I was weak and could not do battle! Now try fighting in an even match!"

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Venom and Liar - Hallways

Liar raised an eyebrow at the Rahkshi who was questioning him.

"Uh, because spying is a Karz of a lot easier when the marks don't know that their being spied on," he said as Venom released her hold on his arm. "Duh."

"Well, congratulations, Karz-face," she said, gesturing towards Illusive as she readied her polearm, just in case. "You wanted to know who wrote up those posters? You're looking at him."

Liar looked towards him for a moment, stretching his arm as he did so.

"Cool," he finally said. "This place is a bit too boring for my tastes. Need any help stirring up some trouble?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Caoutchouc

He looked to Fang (still unconscious) to his own injuries, to Kat and back. "We're not doing so good. Shadow was captured and killed by a silver rahkshi, a gold and overly painted on rahkshi and a huge silver rahk with shark like features..." He trailed off.

"We fought them and came out the worse for it."

...but close to it

OOC: What does it look like he's doing? Playing croquet?

IC: Shark / Team Doublecross / Visorak Wilds

He was shouting yet more gibberish!? Thank Kojol Shark couldn't hear it through his silence field. Though just why Sidonas was even still bothering was a mystery, at this range he should quite possibly be unable to hear the words come out of his own mouth.

Ignoring his rant, the Silence Rahkshi deactivated flight mode and grabbed onto a branch with one hand, swinging down and around it such that his foot, fueled with all the speed of the charge and swing, was aimed to plant itself directly in Sidonas' head. Meanwhile Faithful wriggled vivaciously, trying to get free of Sidonas' grasp.

IC: Jayar / Cable Car

Forced laughter and clenched fists... It was impossible for Jayar not to realize that something had gone wrong. "Are you okay...?" he asked, knowing full well the answer was no.

Crushing me to death... Like a certain rockfall seen through Kaita eyes, the only sight she'd ever have? Had he brought it back... Please no! But it seemed the correct explanation. Once more his words had proved him a fool. And whatever he could think of to say seemed equally ready to betray him. Tread carefully... He gently wrapped one arm around her. That should be an action which couldn't make things any worse, he hoped...

...Then again, he hadn't foreseen any way the previous sentence could go wrong.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Illusive - Hallway.

I nodded. Four allies would make this job far easier than if I'd continued working alone.

What are you doing? I told you to stop this. 

I can't be stopped. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rain - Farsholt (Team Doublecross)

Rain slowed her charge as she watched the boss quickly get subdued by the Blueback's sonic pulses. Then it was her turn. Rain spun behind a wall as the sonic energy hummed past her. She would have to be a little more subtle with this gal's range advantage.

She quickly mounted the wall and jumped from roof to roof, positioning herself just over the Blueback. A perfect angle for an unsuspected strike. She leapt into the ruins of the hut, halberd pointed down towards the Derahk's head.

IC: Era - Team Backstab (Farsholt Village).

These people never learned, did they? Just because I lacked eyes didn't mean I couldn't see. 

I didn't even bother turning around, instead stepping out of the path of the oncoming weapon and sending another sonic pulse rippling away from my armour on an intercept course with my attacker. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Caoutchouc

He almost muttered 'good', why was he so angry? The loss? Was that why he had attributed their wounds to the trio, rather than solely to the elasmobranchii, who they belonged to?

Maybe he wanted to defeat him, not watch Kat do so... but, could he? It was easy enough to trace his defeat to the loss of his sword, but was he content with that shifting of responsibility from him, to simple misfortune?

Urgh. No clear answer. He just grumbled unintelligibly towards the fear rahk's words.

...but close to it

OOC: Well, it seems a lovely day for croquet. Maybe they could have some tea and settle this over a croquet game? *Sarcasm*

IC: Sidonas - Visorak

As Shark's foot came towards Sidonas, he dropped and grabbed onto the branch, he dropped down again, this time swinging progressively down to the ground. The pain from the sword stung, but he had tolerated his partially-healed burned hand for this long, he could manage. "You are a monster and a cruel man. I might just enjoy knocking you to the ground." He stated to Shark. He was angry at this Rahk. He had taken a hostage and put a Rahkshi's life at stake, tried to convince a good man to kill Recoil and himself, and all around needed to have someone hit him in his stupid face. Sidonas would do so, then he would go do the job he had been assigned.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Despite the faceplate being suspiciously eyeless, Rain knew this Rahk could see... somehow. How swiftly she had dealt with the boss showed that much. What she hadn't expected was the Rahk had Karzin' eyes in the back of her Karzin' head! Rain was helpless to stop herself as the Blueback stepped away from her strike and let loose another sonic blast without even the dignity of turning her head.

The blast sent her spinning through the crumbling wall and into the street behind. More painful than the mere jolt she had received was the raw feel of scratched paint.

"I just fixed that paint, Brakas," Rain spat and she pushed herself up from the rubble and into another charge. The pointed double-tip of her staff sliced through the hole she had left in the wall, quickly followed by her shining carapace. A burst of wind added to her speed. This Rahk was going to pay...

IC: Hoto - Malebranche

"I'm..." she caught herself before she slipped into another lie. No more, they had promised.

She flinched at the touch before allowing herself to fall into his arms. "It's... it's fine," she stammered. "Just..."

Just... what? Memories she shouldn't have, pain she had never experienced? It was just a story... 

IC: Era - Backstab (Farsholt Village). 

I spun to face her, Rattler unfurling before me. I stepped to the side and lashed out with the whip, aiming to entangle the shaft of my foe's weapon and either yank it from her hands or yank her off her feet. 

IC: Revenge-Refectory

"Sure, here you go."  Revenge gave Bullseye Toxin's tools.  "Thanks for helping Toxin."

IC: Booger-Library

Booger shook Deadeye.  "Are you going to help me?"

IC: Bullseye and Toxin/Refectory >>> Toxin's Dorm

Bullseye  tipped his hat at Revenge as a way to say "you're welcome."

"I'm his brother," he said. "That's what I do."

Toxin hopped onto Bullseye's shoulder and headed out. Metal would probably take the sign to the Courtyard, and Bullseye'd go and intercept him there.

IC: Shield

Shield took the festus, grimacing in pain. He removed his hand for a second to attempt to slug Stronghold in the face.

IC: Stronghold/Backstab/Makeshift Prison

I didn't really care for Plantrahk, because he was still behind Shield, so all my focus was on him.

My left hand,or rather the blades, were stuck in his shoulder for the time being. I could wrench it out, but the little bugger was attempting to slug me in the face. Luckily he let go of my right, spiked cestus.

I leaned to the side, avoiding his punch, and went for a quick uppercut to the chin.

IC: Punch+Counterpunch and Alpha/Farsholt Village

Each of the two went into action.

Alpha put up her metal skin and held her halberd at the ready, waiting for Era to make her next move.

Counterpunch took control, but didn't use the blades yet. He advanced slowly, ready to dodge her sonic blasts, and perhaps slice her up a little in the end.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

That was better. She preferred looking her foe in the... oh, wait... Karz...

At such a close range, the whip was around her weapon and pulling faster than she could react. Well, if the Blueback wanted her weapon so badly, she could have it. With another burst of wind, Rain turned her embarrassing stumble into a trajectory bound for the Derahk's chest.

IC: Era - Backstab.

Gotcha. There was no time to dodge the oncoming blade, so I twisted my body, letting it rake across my ribs rather than spearing me through the chest. My free hand punched out at my foe's chest, carrying a level four sonic blast with it.

We were so close together; I didn't like her chances of dodging it. 

IC: Sliver - Doublecross.

Cursing, I picked myself up off the ground. The sonic blast had taken me in the lower right side of my chest, rupturing my armour and scrambling my internal components. My torso's movement were stiff, unresponsive, and it took me several moments to be able to bend over and pick up my dropped bow. 

I pulled out an arrow and took aim at the sonics Rahkshi, then loosed....

IC: Exxan - Backstab. 

....only for her arrow to be pulled off course by a burst of vacuum energy. "Sorry ladies!" I shouted over to Era and her opponent, "My sister and I need to have a chat," I pegged a rock at Sliver, using my powers to accelerate its velocity. 

• Upvote 1

IC Kat;

"Keep an eye on him, get back to base when you can, okay?"

I grabbed a booster shot from the med supply, jamming it into the Kraata port.

It started working quickly, doses of adrenaline and other stims waking up my tired body.

Unknowingly purging the minor poison from Root, as well.

My vision cleared up, and I took in a deep breath.

I turned, gazing forlornly at Fang, before scooping up Venom, and walking out of the crawler.

I shot a glance at Cao.

"I'll make sure to say hello for you."

IC: Rain - Farsholt (Team Backstab)

Her attempted missile strike was met with... limited success. On the other hand, the Blueback's punch was a resounding success, with an emphasis on the resounding. Rain felt the punch quiver along her spines all the way to the tips of her feet. Her chestplate buckled under the force, and everything inside was jumbled as her body flew into the rubble once again.

Rain winced as she took note of her injuries. Her limbs were slow to respond as she tried to force herself up. She couldn't lose, not like this. Not against some eyeless, trigger-happy freak. Perhaps she was going about this all wrong. The charges were doing little against the sonics. But two could play at that game.

She brought up her hand as fast as her rattled chassis could manage and blasted a gust of wind at her opponent. More to test the tactic than for some end goal, though knocking the Derahk off balance could allow her to get a strike of her own in. 

I stumbled back a few steps, letting the wind carry me in order to put some distance between myself and my foe. 

"Your move." 

The rock hit me square between the eyes with enough force to dent my faceplate. I fell back, vision blurring, only for another rock to hit me in the shoulder, followed by a third, which pounded into my injured ribs. 

I summoned up a cyclone around myself, deflecting the next handful of projectiles. I needed time to recover, but my brother didn't seem inclined to give me that time... Perhaps he had changed after all....

So that had done something. Now it was time to put that to use.

With the practiced eye of an artist, she took careful note of her surroundings. Not a pebble of the fallen roof escaped her notice, nor her plan. Then, she made her move. It was not a tactic she employed often, due to its concealing effects, but a fog bank did have its practical uses. She summoned one now to conceal her motions from whatever vision her opponent was employing. She stepped closer in a slow serpentine motion. An occasional gust kept her vision of the ground reasonably clear as well as sending small flurries of stone flying at her opponent.

With luck, the Blueback would be too disoriented and battered for her true strike, a sweeping slice at the very edge of her halberd's reach, aimed for the Derahk's legs.

Let's cut this Brakas down to size...

I wasn't sure what exactly my opponent was doing, but it wasn't accomplishing much. I felt the vibrations through the air as she swung out at me, and jumped at the last second. I didn't just jump up, though.... 

....I jumped forwards, intending to stomp on her hands and disarm her. 

I didn't give Sliver a chance to recover. Realising that throwing more projectiles wouldn't accomplish anything, I drew one of my knives and lunged at her, stabbing at her lower ribs. I pushed through the wall of wind, using my own powers to counteract hers, giving me the gap needed to strike. 

I felt the blade connect and saw her cringe, jerking away from me. Except now she was backed up agaisnt the wall of a ruined building. She's trapped herself. Game over. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

But her staff met nothing but air. That was when she realized she was in trouble. More out of panic than sound combat effectiveness, she sent a gust of wind where her opponent had been, clearing away the fog just in time to see the Blueback just in front of her. Her blast of wind might just save her from further injury.

IC: Era - Team Backstab.

The gust of wind caught me by surprise, slowing my down and sending me spinning off course. I lost my momentum, and instead of landing on my foe's hands, I hit the dirt, stumbled unsteadily and fell forwards, managing to twist my body so that it was my shoulder that was driving forward's towards my opponent's no-doubt surprised face. 

Fluid trickling from the stab wound to my stomach, I fought past the pain and tried to come up with a plan. 

I reached into my satchel and flung a handful of mirror shards into the cyclone around me, folding my arms close around my body to avoid getting cut by the flying glass. Exxan stabbed at me once more, and I turned smoothly to let the knife slip past me. 

He withdrew his hand with a cry of surprise and pain, and I let the cyclone subside, swinging my fist out to catch him in the jaw. 

The blast... didn't exactly have the intended effect. Rain hissed with more surprise than pain as the Blueback's shoulder met her faceplate. The crushing weight of the Rahk bearing down on her threw her and her opponent out of the fog and back to the ground. It seemed the Derahk had some way of seeing through fog anyway. To create more would only harm her own effectiveness.

As Rain hit the ground and her staff slipped from her hands, she wasted no time in reaching for her bag and drawing out a small dagger. The point was aimed for her opponent's neck, though not quite with the lightning-fast reflexes she had been hoping for. That sonics blast had jarred her, and even these small motions were painful.

We slammed into the ground and I quickly rolled off of my opponent, trying to put some space between us. While I was doing that, she'd pulled a knife out of somewhere and was swinging it at my neck. 

I brought up my arm to intercept hers, trying to grab her wrist to stop her from stabbing me. My other hand shot towards her face, carrying with it a powerful burst of sonic energy.    

I dropped the knife, fluid seeping from my arm where the glass had cut into me, embedding itself deep into the armour or slicing in between the cracks and cutting deep into what lay beneath. 

This was a new trick, something I hadn't expected, and I really didn't like it. 

I raised my uninjured hand and blasted her with a torrent of air, slamming her into the wall. 

The Blueback's hand hummed with energy, and Rain had been in the fight long enough to know where that was going. She had to get away, and fast. With another burst of wind, she pushed herself up and over the fist, using the Derahk's arm that was grabbing her wrist as a lever. As Rain came down on top of her opponent, her entire weight rested on the dagger, slowly but surely thrusting it towards her opponent.

Karz.... I didn't want to do this.... I tightened my grip on her wrist, and sent a violent burst of sonic energy from my palm. 

I let the blast slam me agaisnt the wall, then whipped up my hands, grabbing onto the edge of the roof and pulling myself up, which gave me the room to raise both of my legs and kick Exxan square in the chest. 

I wasn't going down this easily. 

This time, she couldn't resist. She screamed as plates buckled and fractured under the concentrated burst of sound. Her hand... her painting hand... lacked the strength to hold the knife, and it dropped down onto her opponent.

Desperate to escape the terrible pain, she threw her weight over, completing her roll over her opponent. She staggered to her feet as she hit the ground.

She could hardly muster the words. The worst insult she could imagine seemed insufficient. "Y-you... you Scribbler! You Scribbler!!" she screeched. "You ruined my hand!! I'm going to kill you for this!!"

She was hardly in any condition to fight. Her free hand grasped the ruined wrist, trying in vain to stem the pain coursing through it. Her weapons lay on the ground, out of her reach. But she was far too angry to care, so she did what little she could. Her hand dug through the bag at her side, snatching up handfuls of whatever lay in there to throw at the Derahk. Brushes, paper, a few more daggers. Perhaps the most damaging would be the delicate glass bottles full of paint. As they rained down, propelled by Rain's wind, they would shatter across the ground and the Blueback's carapace, splattering her with paint and glass shards. Any sacrifice was worth getting some kind of revenge on this... Scribbler.

Since a Rahkshi carapace is one smooth plate of armour, the glass exploded harmlessly across it, a few shards nicking my spines and lower back, but the majority doing nothing but scratch up my armour. 

Once the hail of projectiles ended, I unleashed another blast of sonics at my shouting foe, then picked up the dropped knife and turned to face her, ready for whatever she decided to throw at me next. 

I fell onto my back, wheezing for breath. But as I picked myself up off the ground, I saw that Sliver was no longer looking at me. Her attention was focused on her teammate, who seemed to be shouting at Era for some reason.

Taking advantage of the distraction I lunged forwards, Remembrance hissing from its sheath to slice across Sliver's chest. 

Karz... pain and nausea rolled through my body, threatening to bring me to my knees. I staggered, vision blurring, before collapsing agaisnt Exxan. He grunted under my weight, falling back a step.

And that was when I struck. Yanking an arrow from my quiver, I rammed it deep into a gap in his chest armour, twisted it, then yanked it free. He fell, and I fell with him, using my weight to pin him to the ground. I leaned my face in close to his, sneering all the while. "Daddy says hi," I spat, raising the arrow for a killing blow. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Her staff, gone. Her paints, wasted. Her hand, possibly ruined forever. If she couldn't paint, then this Scribbler who had done the deed could not live. But she was out of options. Rain knew when she had lost. She couldn't defeat the Derahk... but she knew who could.

She fumbled out of the way of the sonics blast, then turned back to the Blueback with a smirk. Then, she turned and ran for the Crawler. She was deaf to her ally's struggles. Only one thing mattered now.

Edited by Click

"You're not getting away that easily," I took to the air, drawing Rattler and flying towards the fleeing Rahkshi, swinging the whip at the backs of her legs as she fled. We already had two prisoners. This one could keep them company. 

Sliver stabbed downwards with her arrow.... but it never made contact with me. I opened my mouth and let loose a powerful blast of air at point blank, right in her face. The surprised expression in her wide eyes as her neck snapped backwards was the most beautiful thing I'd seen all day. 

Wounded but not dead, her neck bent on a horrid angle, Sliver fell backwards. The arrow went flying from her flailing hand and I used my powers to pull it into mine, before leaning up and driving it into her neck on an angle, pinning her damaged neck armour in its current position, probably cutting her Kraata as well.

She shrieked in pain, but I didn't feel sorry for her. Having seen and experienced firsthand the horrors that she'd inflicted on others only made her screams all the more satisfying. I shoved her away and got unsteadily to my feet, one hand still clutching Remembrance, the other - my injured one - pressed up agaisnt the ragged wound left by my sister's arrow. 

I looked around, fighting hard to stay on my feet as the rush of adrenaline flooding my system slowly subsided.

Where the karz did everyone go? 

• Upvote 1

The chain rattled out behind her, but Rain had no intentions of being caught today. She jumped over the blades and into the flight position before veering nearly straight up.

IC: Root - Backstab Base (Team Doublecross)

Alas, his companion calls for aid, and he is helpless to provide! Root twisted in his bonds, desperately trying to reach the thick bark at his forearms, but to naught. His efforts only returned further pain from his shoulder.

Root shook his head sadly, "I c-c-cannot, f-fair c-c-companion."

Edited by Click

Unfortunately, for my foe, she didn't seem to realise that sound waves still traveled faster than she did. And unlike some Rahks, I wasn't so unoriginal to only fire my powers from a weapon or my bare hands. 

As she veered upwards, I continued going forwards, sending a bolt of sonic energy blasting from my armour as I passed under her. I didn't like her chances of being able to dodge an attack she couldn't see coming. 

(The irony of the above statement is not lost on me).

The sonics rattled her armor and threw her around like a raindrop in a windstorm. She grit her fangs against the pain, but managed to hold herself together. As the momentary shock sent her plummeting back to the ground, she released another burst of wind to delay her opponent before zooming off into the jungle. This Derahk seemed to have an answer to everything, but she wasn't letting any other part of her beautiful armor get ruined by this Scribbler!

Slowing, I broke off my pursuit and started back towards the lighthouse. I'd done enough damage. Even if she made it to the crawler and got her injuries seen to, she wouldn't be in any condition to fight. 

I couldn't abandon my entire team to continue hunting her.