So I am afraid that, for now, I must go

And, in voting, I must refrain
So here I declare that I shall abstain.

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I wouldn't call the nonsense that occurred during IX poetry

I'd call it gibberish :P

the only thing that mattered was i was the only survivor.

that's all that ever matters

Maybe I should kill you in XXII.

On the very first night.

I will destroy you if you do. You will not survive past the first day cycle in a Mafia game for many to come if that's the case

Mark my words.

:sky:

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

On the very first night.

I will destroy you if you do. You will not survive past the first day cycle in a Mafia game for many to come if that's the case

Mark my words.

Challenge accepted.

bBhcfWO.png

On the very first night.

Mark my words.

Washington, Egypt, heartbreak. I survive. I will survive!

Edited by Councilor Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

On the very first night.

I already have the first scene written, and the placeholder for the victim's name is 'X'.

It would be so ironic.

*Snaps fingers*

Edit: OH and you guys are also terrible at logical thinking and finding hints in scenes, but I'm going to be calling the entire Mafia before my death, and I'll be curious to see how accurate I was, so I don't really care that much.

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 1

Voting Burnmad.

The only thing else about the killer is that he likes doing things spontaneously for no reason. That brings to mind QP's spontaneous birds, but it also brings to mind Voltex and his spontaneity. Perhaps the killer felt inspired from that, I wonder? Who would emulate someone else's style? *headscratch* 

Voting Burnmad.

The only thing else about the killer is that he likes doing things spontaneously for no reason. That brings to mind QP's spontaneous birds, but it also brings to mind Voltex and his spontaneity. Perhaps the killer felt inspired from that, I wonder? Who would emulate someone else's style? *headscratch* 

I'm dead

I was a Healer

Voting Burnmad.

As Voltex aptly points out, he is no longer among the living. And while I agree that I can be spontaneous, I tend to be somewhat erudite in my spontaneity. Aping Burma-Shave isn't my style. Now, if a Gilbert and Sulivan-style patter-song had been written in the blood, that'd be a different matter.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Voting Burnmad.

I'm dead

I was a Healer

That doesn't make sense, Mr. Voltex. Your murder being spontaneous would be remarkably inconsistent with that fact. If the murderer knew that you were a Healer and killed you as a result, that would be planned out and calculated, not spontaneous. 

Anyway, since it's clear that Valendale was not murdered by Mr. Burnmad, I vote Shadow_Ignited for his murder. The shadows closed over him...and I don't recall any killers being fans of bows in particular, so that's my best guess. :shrugs:

Voting Burnmad for the murder of Voltex, and Shadow_Ignited for the murder of Valendale

Voting Burnmad.

I'm dead

I was a Healer

That doesn't make sense, Mr. Voltex. Your murder being spontaneous would be remarkably inconsistent with that fact. If the murderer knew that you were a Healer and killed you as a result, that would be planned out and calculated, not spontaneous. 

Anyway, since it's clear that Valendale was not murdered by Mr. Burnmad, I vote Shadow_Ignited for his murder. The shadows closed over him...and I don't recall any killers being fans of bows in particular, so that's my best guess. :shrugs:

Voting Burnmad for the murder of Voltex, and Shadow_Ignited for the murder of Valendale

We're only doing one lynching, methinks.

African-Grey-Parrot-Pictures-8-500x333.j

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

Voting Ehks. He's a Ninja. I'm absolutely certain of it.

You do realise that by voting Burnmad, you are walking straight into a Ninja trap? The Ninja have been telling people to vote Burnmad. They kind of want to hold my kingdom hostage too. If my guess is right, then they are doing the same with the other kingdoms. They can't kill everyone in one night. Some people are just too stubborn to listen to them. Figure out who your Ninja is. They already know who everyone else is by virtue of having a Ninja in every kingdom. They're by far the biggest danger right now. 

I don't care if they kill me for this, it just needs to be said. There's four ninja and more than four times that of everyone else. They're just Ninja. They have the killing power, we have the time and the numbers.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Voting Ehks. He's a Ninja. I'm absolutely certain of it.

You do realise that by voting Burnmad, you are walking straight into a Ninja trap? The Ninja have been telling people to vote Burnmad. They kind of want to hold my kingdom hostage too. If my guess is right, then they are doing the same with the other kingdoms. They can't kill everyone in one night. Some people are just too stubborn to listen to them. Figure out who your Ninja is. They already know who everyone else is by virtue of having a Ninja in every kingdom. They're by far the biggest danger right now. 

I don't care if they kill me for this, it just needs to be said. There's four ninja and more than four times that of everyone else. They're just Ninja. They have the killing power, we have the time and the numbers.

Do you have evidence for this? I'm not sure I buy this theory. How do I know that you're not a ninja and you're trying to save one of your own men?

Besides, I'm trying to decide on a suspect list for a murder here. If Ehks murdered Voltex, it wouldn't read like a casual poetry trail of doom. It would be a dark scene between two friends and a wicked betrayal.

Burnmad has more evidence. I'm not sure that scene quite lines up right with that - it's something I would expect from Sumiki (who isn't playing this game) or Voltex himself (who was the one killed). But I'd rather go with what little evidence I have than a wild accusation from left field.

Wild accusation from left field? I'm not sure my entire Kingdom being held hostage by someone willingly working with the Ninja, and then saying that they're pretty obviously a Ninja, is from left field.

Fishers is also being incredibly suspicious, pulling off the 'you accuse them therefore it's you' trick. Old trick. Then hypothetically blames me. That's all too common: get blamed? Blame the person blaming you. Then go with what the Ninjas wanted: voting Burnmad.

Then they don't kill the target of their accusation, so that they can take the continued blame instead of the actual killers, for the more and more deaths that are piling up. Then they kill that person when there are too little other innocents alive, then they kill those innocents and win. 

Pretty much the only people that can save the world from the Ninja menace are the Acolytes, and one of them is dead. Even if one of them was anti-village. There is a Ninja in every Kingdom and until you remove them they WILL be a thorn in your side.

I might add that I am also being suspicious. Partly intentionally, partly unintentionally. People have to keep their guards up with Ninja around. I could indeed be a Ninja. But I may also not be. I may be innocent. I may be neither. Nobody knows. Either nobody dies or somebody dies. I think. I think I need to stop. Vote me. Don't. Do both. Vote three instead of  two.

Edited by I HATE PUNS.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Wild accusation from left field? I'm not sure my entire Kingdom being held hostage by someone willingly working with the Ninja, and then saying that they're pretty obviously a Ninja, is from left field.

yes i'm willingly working

it's not like i'm being threatened with death if i don't or anything.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Switch vote from Burnmad to Ehks. Double it up, folks.

If you're working for them under threat of death, we may as well get rid of you before they can so they have no bargaining chip. You will also be dead, but that's less relevant, because the less Ninja supporters the better.

And could the Acolyte of Singularity help us out on this one? Thanks.

Edited by Anung Un Rama

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Just a little note for Seaborgium... It really does make things much more convenient if the dead player's names are crossed out in the original topic post. Also it's kinda standard procedure.

So if it's not too much trouble, do you think you could go ahead and update that list? Thanks. :)

Aaaaand back to the lynching at hand... I'm seriously conflicted. I have the utmost respect for Pulse's judgement... in my book, based on my own Mafia experiences, he's rated one of the Top 10 Most Dangerous Players of the Age, by virtue of his sheer intellectual prowess.

On the other hand, the same force that makes him someone definitely worth listening to, also makes me distrust him, because he may very well be pulling off a ruthlessly clever deception.

And also I'm not entirely persuaded that it wasn't Burnmad. I mean, yeah, the clues are waaay too obvious, but they also don't point to anyone else, IMO. =P

So I dunno. I may very well switch my vote to Ehks later on, and then again I might not.

It seems that only your kingdom is being held hostage, Mr. Pulse, if it is. You know that I'm not a member of your kingdom, and I'll confirm that my kingdom has received no threats or attempts to hold my kingdom hostage. As such, I found your statement to be unsubstantiated.

However, if your statement is true, that means that it is highly likely that neither Ehks nor Burnmad committed this murder. The real killer is someone else who is getting away as I post. Further, if Ehks IS a ninja, telling his faction to vote for Burnmad was an incredibly foolish move - it actually exonerates Mr. Burnmad and places the suspicion somewhere else. An incredibly stupid maneuver.

This whole thing leaves me with too many possibilities: you lying, ninja trying to kill Ehks for some reason and extorting you, ninjas wanting us to vote Burnmad, ninjas not caring about any of this...gives me a headache. 

Fishers is also being incredibly suspicious, pulling off the 'you accuse them therefore it's you' trick. Old trick. Then hypothetically blames me. That's all too common: get blamed? Blame the person blaming you. Then go with what the Ninjas wanted: voting Burnmad.

I was simply asking for evidence, Mr. Pulse. You did not accuse me of anything, so I don't see why you would interpret my post in a defensive manner. Thank You for providing evidence. 

I'd change my vote, but I'm not sure who to change it to. I'd like to vote for the actual murderer, not a ninja pawn. Remember that the ninjas want us all dead too, and by killing an innocent, we're playing into their hands anyway. 

Edited by fishers64

aaaaaalright.

Now that I'm a bit more free, I'm going to try to catch up on this game, seeing as I'm not dead yet (at least, I think I'm not dead, according to the first post, but neither is anyone else).

*puts on oxygen tank and dives into topic*

• Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

Just to point out, you kinda started that bandwagon against me. =P Last time that situation happened, QP was mafia.

Just to point out that I voted for Luroka last round. I had an excuse to vote for you (you'd just voted for me,) and I didn't. Besides, you are employing a cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. "I was in the Mafia in XIX, when you were bandwagoned. You were bandwagoned this game. Argle, I am in the Mafia this game."

gZsNWyr.png

Just to point out, you kinda started that bandwagon against me. =P Last time that situation happened, QP was mafia.

And I read that game. 

I don't know why people listened to me. I like to offer reasoning for my opinions, so I guess that's it. :shrugs:

Luroka likes to refer to those who play Mafia as "sheeple". More often than not, he isn't exactly wrong. :P

• Upvote 5

For the record, lynching X is fine; we have no other leads, and he's placed the preservation of his kingdom before the destruction of the mafia. What's more, if we lynch someone other than myself, I'll be shooting a Ninja for us tomorrow night, so it's not like we miss a chance to kill one. ;)

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

Just to point out that I voted for Luroka last round. I had an excuse to vote for you (you'd just voted for me,) and I didn't. Besides, you are employing a cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. "I was in the Mafia in XIX, when you were bandwagoned. You were bandwagoned this game. Argle, I am in the Mafia this game."

That... wasn't my point. xP

My point was that I think Fishers is Mafia, because when I'm not Mafia, I tend to help get Mafians killed, and what better way to do it, than by framing when the time is right? I only brought you up in the quote, because you did this the last time. =P