Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

They actually aren't. The Queen already took lives from two people who were trying to fight. If the fighters start killing each other outside of the arena, there will be consequences. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's only cannibalism if the person you're eating is of the same species, and the combatants have a lot in the way of racial diversity. We could have them eat each other and still not encounter the issue of cannibalism. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

They actually aren't. The Queen already took lives from two people who were trying to fight. If the fighters start killing each other outside of the arena, there will be consequences.

Well, allowed to cultivate grudges for when they CAN eviscerate one another. I'm still trying to feel out the cliques... And resist the urge to have Skorm join both the Makuta clique and the Av-Toa clique. Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Hope that I am neither too late nor that there are too many...

Name: Marox

Species: Makuta

P/W 1: Kanohi Irax, Great Mask of Anger (When activated, endows user with supernatural strength, agility, and durability, if only for two minutes or less (depending upon exertion).)

P/W 2: Skrall-Patterned Double-Edged Axe/Blaster Thingy Weapon (Shadow Blade: Big, sharp, heavy, and capable of firing bolts and slahes of elemental Shadow energy.)

P/W 3: Skrall Buzzsaw Shield (Elemental Shadow energy empowered roundshield capable of cutting, blocking, and bashing.)

Appearance: Much like a Skrall, about three meters in height, in black armor with magmatic accents, wearing a jet cape that's just a little too short (see here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v__TpoqtOmV13-UWPsnodI9wpFPolWc9CMx9EX6jWe4/edit?usp=sharing).

Bio: Prototype for the Makuta species, fundementally different from all other Makuta (though he has essentially the same abilities)(see link above).

P/O: Erratic yet constant, chivalrous yet nefarious, pure yet corrupt, ingenious yet insane, rock-solid yet unstable, creative yet mimicrous, amiable yet introverted, etc.; imaginative; good to have on one's side in any scale of conflict. Oh, and a decidedly masculine male.

Hopefully not too much...

All is.

Name: Marox

Species: Makuta

P/W 1: Kanohi Irax, Great Mask of Anger (When activated, endows user with supernatural strength, agility, and durability, if only for two minutes or less (depending upon exertion).)

P/W 2: Skrall-Patterned Double-Edged Axe/Blaster Thingy Weapon (Shadow Blade: Big, sharp, heavy, and capable of firing bolts and slahes of elemental Shadow energy.)

P/W 3: Skrall Buzzsaw Shield (Elemental Shadow energy empowered roundshield capable of cutting, blocking, and bashing.)

Appearance: Much like a Skrall, about three meters in height, in black armor with magmatic accents, wearing a jet cape that's just a little too short (see here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v__TpoqtOmV13-UWPsnodI9wpFPolWc9CMx9EX6jWe4/edit?usp=sharing).

Bio: Prototype for the Makuta species, fundementally different from all other Makuta (though he has essentially the same abilities)(see link above).

P/O: Erratic yet constant, chivalrous yet nefarious, pure yet corrupt, ingenious yet insane, rock-solid yet unstable, creative yet mimicrous, amiable yet introverted, etc.; imaginative; good to have on one's side in any scale of conflict. Oh, and a decidedly masculine male.

Hopefully not too much...

Not approved - the mask alone has several different powers, regardless of the nerf, and your weapon would take up at least two slots on its own. 

Logic would dictate that something called the "Mask of Anger" would make people angry when it's used on them.

Just sayin'. 

• Upvote 3

IC: Skorm- Cafeteria

The Twi-Toa cradled his chin as he overheard (been doing that a lot lately; it was a bad habit) the shopkeep's words. The way he made it out, the fights were just there to minnow out survivors for looking for artifacts. But from his briefing, fights were mandatory. It looks like they had plenty of time to find the best, though.

"What kinds of stuff are they looking for?"

Skorm came to a realization, and stepped forward. "The Infinite system." When he was met with stares, he quickly tried to elaborate. "They're trying to use the Infinite system to bring their race back. That's why the tournament is here, isn't it? In this dimension? Wherever this is, the key is here, and they have an eternity to find the best, and make them find these artifacts for them."

Can I ask how Skorm overheard a conversation that is currently taking place in whispers

Logic would dictate that something called the "Mask of Anger" would make people angry when it's used on them.

Just sayin'. 

This too @Marox

I didn't realise that Skorm was a De-Toa and able to overhear a whispered conversation over at a different table. 

Skorm is awkwardly hovering in a limbo of trying to find someone to talk to. He does have a tray of food. I could go back and retcon the post... but was I really that out of line?

Well I mean

Xara and the Shopkeeper are seated at a table and whispering with each other

You wouldn't hear anything even if you were standing right behind them.

Well, your profile wasn't approved, but know that as far as this RPG goes, there's no too late or too many. As many characters as there are willing players (or even twice that) are accepted at any point. :)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Phazur is dead, finally, so I can post this other profile :)

Name: Feli Gemshimmer

Species: Female Cy-Toa

Power 1: Elemental powers of Crystal. Allows them to create and control protodermic crystal.

Weapon 2: The Lightbringer, a great sword made out of an alloy of protosteel and protodermic crystal. It's almost metallic in appearance, but is slightly transparent and shimmers like a gem.

Tool/Power 3: Kanohi Sana, the Great Mask of Healing. Allows her to quickly heal the injuries of others.

Appearance: Feli is very tall for a Toa, and quite muscular. Her body is strong and agile. Her body is coloured light blue and yellow. Her eyes and her heartlight glow turquoise. She wears a decorated, white cloak.

Bio: Feli is a templar knight of the Order of Hope, an organization dedicated to protecting and helping the weak. Their knights strive to be strong and virtuous. Feli is an experienced member of the order. She was forced to fight in a Bionifíght tournament once before, but she didn't win.

Personality/Other: Feli strives to be a good person, just like all other knights in her order. She's honourable, brave, kind, compassionate.. really, most of the positive traits you can think of fit her. However, she lacks humility, and often overestimates her own skills and abilities. She is very arrogant when dealing with people who appear sinful and wicked. She can also be rather temperamental sometimes, and lacks patience. She is also a very trusting person, meaning that it's easy to betray her. This will make you her mortal enemy, however.

Can you approve this profile?

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Phazur is dead, finally, so I can post this other profile :)

Name: Feli Gemshimmer

Species: Female Cy-Toa

Power 1: Elemental powers of Crystal. Allows them to create and control protodermic crystal.

Weapon 2: The Lightbringer, a great sword made out of an alloy of protosteel and protodermic crystal. It's almost metallic in appearance, but is slightly transparent and shimmers like a gem.

Tool/Power 3: Kanohi Sana, the Great Mask of Healing. Allows her to quickly heal the injuries of others.

Appearance: Feli is very tall for a Toa, and quite muscular. Her body is strong and agile. Her body is coloured light blue and yellow. Her eyes and her heartlight glow turquoise. She wears a decorated, white cloak.

Bio: Feli is a templar knight of the Order of Hope, an organization dedicated to protecting and helping the weak. Their knights strive to be strong and virtuous. Feli is an experienced member of the order. She was forced to fight in a Bionifíght tournament once before, but she didn't win.

Personality/Other: Feli strives to be a good person, just like all other knights in her order. She's honourable, brave, kind, compassionate.. really, most of the positive traits you can think of fit her. However, she lacks humility, and often overestimates her own skills and abilities. She is very arrogant when dealing with people who appear sinful and wicked. She can also be rather temperamental sometimes, and lacks patience. She is also a very trusting person, meaning that it's easy to betray her. This will make you her mortal enemy, however.

Can you approve this profile?

No, this profile cannot, and is not ever going to see the light of day. It cannot be approved.

"Me." The Enforcer said, as they walked toward the loud Rahkshi, easily towering over everyone imposingly. It was obvious that the ceiling was raised mostly due to them, and even then, the Enforcer needed to bend ever so slightly.

Man, if a seven foot guy has to bend over slightly, then I can only imagine how Xaeraz and the dragons have to walk. :P

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

"Me." The Enforcer said, as they walked toward the loud Rahkshi, easily towering over everyone imposingly. It was obvious that the ceiling was raised mostly due to them, and even then, the Enforcer needed to bend ever so slightly.

Man, if a seven foot guy has to bend over slightly, then I can only imagine how Xaeraz and the dragons have to walk. :P

... Eh, wow, that would mean Tahnok Nuva would have to crawl to get anywhere. Welp. Time to retcon his height!

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

That was a joke. 

I would assume it's something in the Enforcer's profile that needs to be changed, if we're thinking about this the way I am. Considering he needs to be the Big Guy in the room, it'd make sense for him to scale up, wouldn't it?

That said, I'm not demanding our hosts change anything because of me. Just saying, when your muscle is actually shorter than some fighters, something miiiight need a switcheroo.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Tahnok Nuva

Peeved by this so-called "Host's" mannerisms, Tahnok anchored his large hand onto The Host's breastplate and rough shoved him into the wall. "Then tell me where I am." Tahnok Nuva growled, bringing himself face to face with The Host. "And why I am here." He accentuated the last word with an appropriate shove.

I would recommend editing your post to make it an attempt to attack (or remove the attempt); while it was pre-planned, the Host just killed a fighter for attacking him; it's hard to justify anything less IC when the exact same thing happens seconds later.

E: 

I would assume it's something in the Enforcer's profile that needs to be changed, if we're thinking about this the way I am. Considering he needs to be the Big Guy in the room, it'd make sense for him to scale up, wouldn't it?

That said, I'm not demanding our hosts change anything because of me. Just saying, when your muscle is actually shorter than some fighters, something miiiight need a switcheroo.

It is an error in the profiles; I just haven't changed it yet. Currently deciding whether to go with the general "they tower over fighters" or go for specific heights.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 3

Honestly, a generic height is probably better, as it both allows for fighters to get as ridiculous as they want with sizes while still having someone dwarf them, and it prevents smart alecks like myself from making height jokes.

also i said he instead of they that is My Bad and I'm sorry.

• Upvote 3

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Peeved by this so-called "Host's" mannerisms, Tahnok anchored his large hand onto The Host's breastplate and rough shoved him into the wall. "Then tell me where I am." Tahnok Nuva growled, bringing himself face to face with The Host. "And why I am here." He accentuated the last word with an appropriate shove.

I would recommend editing your post to make it an attempt to attack (or remove the attempt); while it was pre-planned, the Host just killed a fighter for attacking him; it's hard to justify anything less IC when the exact same thing happens seconds later. 

Roger! But just so we are clear, Tahnok Nuva hadn't the foggiest idea about who the host is and what he could do, so he is in the mindset that The Host is just some warlord that Tahnok Nuva could strong-arm into telling him what he wants to know.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Roger! But just so we are clear, Tahnok Nuva hadn't the foggiest idea about who the host is and what he could do, so he is in the mindset that The Host is just some warlord that Tahnok Nuva could strong-arm into telling him what he wants to know.

All fighters are aware of who the Host is and what he looks like. The only one they might not know at all is the Enforcer, although they may not know the appearance of the Queen.

The Enforcer isn't seven feet tall; we got into a bit of a dilemma earlier regarding that, and it turns out that I shouldn't trust others with giving heights, or my memories on how tall normal dimension Toa are. =P
  • Upvote 5

On the subject of recognizing/not recognizing people, I'm honestly tempted to try and make my next fighter have both Prosopagnosia and color blindness, because those two should basically render almost everyone identical in their eyes, excluding the seriously deviant-build characters (IE Tahnok Nuva, Venom Huntress, Mirror, Cast Stevens, etc.)

That idea's free to a good home if someone else wants to use it, though!

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Clothes are generally how people who are face blind can tell folks apart, from what I know. Clothes and hair. I just think a Bionicized equivalent would probably be called Mask Blindness or something, which would be seriously debilitating, and probably render even Glatorian hair useless in terms of identifiers.

But really, if you wanted a character who could literally not tell people apart, you'd need to both work their mental issues a lot to get it to work, and treat it very respectfully, as it's a genuine problem actual people struggle with.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun